Delicate Bond ✔

By Little_Dreamerz

In a world where werewolves secretly co-exist with humans, it quite common for werewolves to reject their sou... More

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Epilogue

Chapter 30

6.5K 209 9
By Little_Dreamerz

Kai's P.O.V:

"How is Princess Evelyn is fairing after you revealed about Moonlight Sanctuary?" My assistant Allen Hadley asked me as he handed me the documents to fill.

Allen has worked for my assistant for a very long time to the point that I consider him as my right hand.

" Currently better, now she is organizing the data she received from the survey she especially made for werewolves in Moonlight Sanctuary," I answered.

When we came back from the Moonlight Sanctuary, Evelyn started crying. I comforted her when she felt sad at home. She wasn't in the mood to talk to me but I didn't mind since the information was still too hard to receive.

After a week, she started investigating more about the refugees of Moonlight Sanctuary and requested the call logs. Again, I didn't mind since she is my wife that wants to do her duties as the princess of Nauloria. After that, she became more motivated and started conducting surveys for werewolves to determine how the werewolves are being treated in Moonlight Sanctuary.

Her determination made me smile since she understood what her role as the princess on Nauloria meant to her.

"I'm impressed by her highness, she is truly an inspiration," Allen commented.

Indeed, at first, I expected that Evelyn would slowly get used to her role as the princess, but now I started to see she has started exceeding my expectations.

What I noticed about Evelyn is that she is a keen learner. Every day she would not only be reading economics books, she would either read books about politics, sociology, history, math, or learning Chinese since in older documents everything is written in Chinese. Since in the werewolf community it's important to know how to defend yourself she has also been practicing martial arts.

Not only was I carrying the title as the prince but I was also a general Evelyn has been asking for guidance. How could I say no to my wife? Once in a while, we would spar and then give the recommendation on which area to improve and which move she should practice.

Perhaps, I should take my wife on our honeymoon since after the wedding we didn't have a honeymoon, that way she can have a break.

"Can you also get the files that have the dirt on the Degrove family?" I asked Allen and he had a look of curiosity on his face.

"May I ask why you need them, your highness?" He asked.

"It ended up that Violet Degrove was the one who had given Evelyn the files about Moonlight Sanctuary. I want to find a way to weaken the Degrove family so the high circle would know that they shouldn't mess with the royal family." I explained to him.

I planned to wait before revealing carefully everything about Moonlight Sanctuary to Evelyn, but Violet was ahead of me.

The gift was very dangerous for Evelyn if she had chosen to act irrationally. Violet hoped that Evelyn would betray Nauloria by revealing the deeds but since we are bound by the blood bond, Evelyn would still have to remain by my side in Nauloria. Then Evelyn would have to deal with the consequences of being treated as a spy. A gift that would let Evelyn sabotage her position in Nauloria.

Although not only Violet was causing trouble for Evelyn. Violet even gathered a group of nobles who would always display discontent with Evelyn's actions but also slander her.

Though Violet was my childhood friend no one should disrespect my wife.

Soon enough Allen handed me the files, where the evidence displayed their hidden crimes.

Looks like I can easily destroy the Degrove family.

To do that I would first have to talk to my father so he as an Emperor can address their crimes. I gathered the files and left my office.

After walking through the library I noticed Evelyn was focusing on the documents. I wish I could have placed her desk in my office so I could always see her when we are both busy.

Evelyn insisted that she is comfortable doing work in the library. I don't blame her since she is surrounded by thousands of books, there are multiple computers at her disposal, she can easily access research papers and there is plenty of space to rest.

I noticed that Evelyn was wearing a traditional pink Naulorian robe today. Naulorian robes are more comfortable to wear than modern clothes. Then her beautiful blonde hair was tied as a braid. Not going to lie, she looks stunning wearing traditional Naulorian clothes.

In the end, I couldn't resist the urge to walk past her so I decided to wrap my arms around her.

"What are you doing?" I asked her curiously. Evelyn didn't mind my touch. At first, she wasn't getting used to receiving my random act of affection but now she is more comfortable.

"Writing an invitation for the werewolves who managed to integrate as a noble of Nauloria so we can discuss a way to set up the organization that would be in charge of helping werewolves in Nauloria," Evelyn explained her plan.

I grinned at her idea since she is starting acting more and more like the princess.

"That's a very good idea, my dearest." I praised her.

" I don't think I would be back for dinner," I warned her so she wouldn't have to wait or wonder.

Evelyn then turned to me and looked at me.

"Why?" She asked.

"I need to take care of a few things in the Royal Palace." I told her then I kissed her temple and then I reminded her " Don't forget to take a break.

I finally arrived at the Royal Palace. I found out from my father's assistant that he was busy so I didn't want him to disturb him. At first, I wanted to check in on how my mother was doing but I decided not to because she would scold me for not bringing Evelyn with me.

Therefore, I decided to check in on my brother. My brother is a hundred years older though that didn't prevent us from being closer. Of course, the only difference is our fashion sense. He preferred wearing traditional Naulorian robes that were designed for males while I preferred wearing modern clothes.

Since modern clothes are more similar to the clothes that I had to wear in the human world when I was on an adventure.

"I didn't expect you to visit, Kai. How is Evelyn by the way?" My brother Adrian is currently reading the same book a hundred times in the library. Like Evelyn, he also enjoys reading books but here is more fond of reading literature classics, and philosophy.

"She is doing well. I just need to discuss some things with our father." I told him then he nonchalantly asked.

"Oh, about what?"

"Since the Degrove family started getting out of hand, I was thinking if it's isn't a time to put them in their place?" I explained and I also hoped to hear my brother's opinion. He then closed the book and looked at me strangely.

"Are you serious?" Then Adrian became more interested in the topic than he saw my serious expression.

"Wasn't Violet Degrove your childhood friend? I don't think you should harm her since she still has feelings for you."

I only shook my head. I don't know why Violet had fallen for me. We were close during childhood then when I entered adulthood I started distancing since I know how our friendship could be viewed by other people.

"If she was my childhood friend she would have respected our marriage, instead she is searching for new ways of ruining Evelyn's reputation. " I explained to my brother but I sensed that he was suspiciously on the Degrove's side.

"Still, don't you think you are being harsh?" Adrian claimed. My siren's senses started indicating that something was up.

"Why are you defending Violet's actions? If you don't mind me asking." Then Adrien simply looked away. Then I sighed and sat on the sofa on the opposite side of him.

Adrien as my older sibling he never expressed interest in settling down to the point I almost thought that he would continue leading a celibate life. Now I understand he is a master at hiding his interest.

"You know you have the worst timing, brother." Since Adrien is interested in Violet now my plan became more complicated. Sirens barely lose their interest in the women they have fallen for. I'm afraid destroying Violet's chances of entering the royal family would lead Adrien to live for another hundred years in celibacy.

"You know our mother would never let Violet enter into our royal family since she doesn't want her daughters-in-law fighting with each other ?" I asked my brother and he sadly sighed.

"What are you suggesting to do?" My brother asked.

"If you are serious about making Violet your companion then we should isolate her from her surroundings since she no longer will influence her surroundings and vice versa " I suggested.

"What exactly do you mean?"

"I'm thinking that we should send her to the monastery for about 10 years then the nobles would slowly forget about her and I can guarantee that she will change her attitude in her new environment," I suggested.

In the end, Adrian had no choice but to agree to my idea. It's the only way that he could marry his chosen companion.

The only thing left is to convince our parents.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I hope you enjoyed reading Kai's P.O.V 

Many of you are probably mad that Violet got away with only seems like slap on her wrist. Truth to be told sending to the monastery for 10 years already cruel punishment for someone who enjoyed the attending parties.

Though if I ever write a sequel after Violet marries Prince Adrian , Evelyn and Violet will become frienemies and then it's will develop in a close friendship. Of course I have more details about their friendship. Comment if you want details from me :D

Anyway I hope this chapter was a great treat since Facebook and Instagram are down. Though if Facebook and Instagram will continue being down in another 24 hours. I will probably upload another chapter . How does the idea sounds to you?

See you later my dearest alligators!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228K 6.8K 41
When an Alpha finally finds his mate, but finds that she's not a werewolf, but instead something much more unexpected. Once he learns what comes wit...
471 52 35
***Note: It's all fiction.*** A beast. A human. Both are destined to be soulmates. One thinks that it's unfair for a human to have to live with a bea...
467K 14.8K 36
Supernatural Mating Games - is the games where all of the existing creatures in the Earth Can find their soulmate there are alot of diffrent pairin...
1.8M 54.7K 27
"How do I know you won't reject me as well?" I reply, staring at the handsome Alpha who has somehow made it past my walls. He reaches a hand towards...