Don't Want to See You In The...

By watercookie

[COMPLETE] The second volume of "Don't Want to See You In The Next Life" focuses mainly on Zhou Shou and Xia... More

Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69: End of Volume 2

Chapter 38

1.2K 60 7
By watercookie

Li Mo didn't expect that Gu Lixuan would actually bite him directly. He twisted his head vigorously but couldn't get rid of him. The smell of blood was gradually spreading in his mouth.

While he was desperate, he suddenly saw that Ji Qin untied his rope at some point, grabbed a chair with both hands, and smashed it down Gu Lixuan's back.

Gu Lixuan was hit and the severe pain from his back made him temporarily let go of Li Mo. He turned around and saw that Ji Qin was attacking from behind. He was instantly furious and rushed to fight with Ji Qin.

Li Mo looked up at the wall clock hanging on the wall as he panted, staring at the pointer and waiting in agony. 

Finally, after hearing a loud bang, two bodyguards broke into the door and worked together to subdue Gu Lixuan to the ground.

"Mr. Li, sorry we are late." One of the bodyguards stepped forward to untie Li Mo and explained, "The floors here are a bit complicated. It took us a while to find this place."

At this time, Xia Liang was lazily leaning on the sofa, eating the apples Zhou Shuo prepared while flipping through the financial channel. 

Suddenly Zhou Shuo's cell phone rang. Zhou Shuo looked at the display, his expression bad, put down the fruit knife, and answered it before he could wipe his hands.

Xia Liang seemed to sense something and turned to look at Zhou Shou. There seemed to be someone reporting something on the other end of the phone. 

Zhou Shuo didn't show much expression throughout the whole process. At the end he asked "Is the person hurt" and then he hung up the phone after hearing a few words from the other party.

Xia Liang asked, "What's wrong? Who is injured?" 

Zhou Shuo pursed his lips, hesitated for a moment, and said, "The bodyguard sent to City B called and said that Li Mo and Ji Qin were kidnapped this evening."

Xia Liang's apple fell to the ground. He asked nervously, "Have they been rescued?"

Zhou Shuo seemed to guess that he would react like this. He calmly bent down to pick up the apple, threw it into the trash can, and cut another one for him. 

Zhou Shou said slowly, "They've been saved." 

"What about the kidnappers? Have they been caught?"

"It's Gu Lixuan, I heard he was caught on the spot." 

"Gu Lixuan?" Xia Liang was not surprised that Gu Lixuan was involved in this matter but he was very surprised that he would actually do it himself.

"What's going on?"

"I heard from the bodyguard that Gu Lixuan first kidnapped Ji Qin while he was alone then forced Brother Mo to see him and threatened Brother Mo not to call the police." 

Zhou Shuo continued, "Fortunately, Brother Mo thought about it and didn't really go alone. He instructed the two bodyguards to find his location 20 minutes after he left."

After hearing these words, Xia Liang felt a little relieved and then asked, "Are the two injured?"

"Ji Qin suffered some skin trauma after breaking free from the rope. As for Brother Mo..." He paused and glanced at Xia Liang. "Listening to the bodyguard's description, Gu Lixuan was a bit crazy at the time, there seemed to be signs of attempted violations..."

Xia Liang didn't understand for a while.

"Attempted assault? Gu Lixuan? To whom?" 

Zhou Shuo looked at him without speaking. 

Xia Liang finally realized. "To Li Mo?"

Zhou Shuo just looked at him without speaking. Xia Liang was still in shock. 

"No way, Gu Lixuan kidnapped Li Mo for nothing else, just to treat Li Mo...?"

This time he didn't expect Zhou Shuo to give him any reaction, stood up, and paced back and forth while trying to digest the matter.

Zhou Shuo watched him pacing around and muttered, "Is this weird?"

Xia Liang didn't notice what Zhou Shuo said. After walking a few steps, his surprise turned into anger.

"I was puzzled before. Li Mo had done nothing wrong to him. It turns out that he had such a nasty mind, it is really disgusting!"

After hearing this, the fruit knife cut Zhou Shou's finger, and scarlet blood immediately dripped from the wound. Xia Liang is still muttering angrily.

"He dares to have such vicious thoughts against Li Mo, see if I will not ruin him."

He took out his cell phone and was about to call the lawyer when suddenly Zhou Shuo said, "Brother Liang, calm down." 

"How can I calm down?"

"Gu Lixuan has been detained at the police station on the charge of kidnapping. The victim did not mention what he intended to violate. Don't you understand why?" 

Xia Liang quickly understood what he meant.

"You're right," Xia Liang pressed his forehead, finally calmed down, threw the phone on the sofa, and sighed.

"This is too much trouble and it doesn't benefit Li Mo. It's true that I didn't think well."

The two were silent for a moment. Zhou Shuo suddenly asked in a low voice, "Brother Liang, in your eyes, is anyone who has this kind of thought unforgivable?"

Xia Liang was stunned and didn't understand why he asked. He caught a glimpse of Zhou Shuo's wounded hand and his face suddenly changed. 

"What's the matter with your hands?" 

"It's okay..." Zhou Shuo subconsciously put the injured hand behind him.

"It's not okay." Xia Liang looked at him then turned to find a band-aid in the locker. 

Zhou Shuo quickly followed up, "Brother Liang, slow down, be careful not to move too much..."

"Don't worry about that, just listen to me!" Although Xia Liang's mouth was impatient, he still carefully cleaned his wound and then put on band-aids over it.

Zhou Shuo stood obediently and fixed his eyes on Xia Liang's face. In an instant, a slight warmth rose in his heart, and the sadness from a while ago was instantly driven away.

Zhou Shou pursed his lips and plucked up the courage to tentatively ask, "Brother Liang, if... if one day I and Li Mo fall into the water at the same time, who will you save first?"

Xia Liang didn't speak but just raised his head and looked at him incredulously. Zhou Shuo was inexplicably in a panic.

"What's wrong?"

"Zhou Shuo," Xia Liang couldn't laugh or cry, "did you get any water in your brain?"

"..." Zhou Shuo silently felt that he no longer wanted to know the answer and even began to regret asking such a question.

However, the words spoken are like splashed water, it can no longer be collected.

Sure enough, Xia Liang still didn't intend to let him go and continued to ridicule: "Such a silly and sweet question came out of your big mouth. Have you considered the feelings of others?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.3K 1.9K 29
Where Jennie and Lisa's married life goes down the hill, after an unfortunate event that led their only child to his death. Who will fall out of lov...
2.5K 94 5
Two cycles after Korra, avatar Y/N was born to the fire sector of the United Republic of Nations. She cared for her people fiercely, stopping wars an...
665K 25K 126
Author: Shiqianfeng Yihe Status: Ongoing Status in COO: 120 Chapters +6 Extras An Wuhao, who went out to play, drank the wine with added ingredients...
91.4K 1.9K 27
Kim Y/n, a sweet, caring and joyful girl, loves to help people. She takes care of everyone around her and is very careful of her surroundings. But a...