THE BEACH | Squid Game

By jenkimss

โ I'm sick, and I'm tired too. โž In which, two girls start to helplessly fall in love with each other, while... More

before you start reading.
001
002
003
004
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
Smut

005

1K 63 20
By jenkimss

Chapter Five | Massacre

"After all that, all we get is one egg?" Seunghee heard her twin complain underneath his breath. After the trio successfully completed the second round, they headed back to the main room and waited for the other players to finish, before it was announced it was mealtime.

Seunghee whispered a quick thanks when the masked person her an egg and a drink, with Saebyeok right behind her. They sat down on the ground, eating their and chatting.

"It seems like that group also successfully finished the second game, despite splitting up." Seunghoon pointed at 212's group.

"Do you think he did in purpose? Remember, he said earlier that he can figure out the game if you told him what you saw last night, but his group decided to split up..." Seunghee asked Saebyeok, taking a sip out of her drink.

Saebyeok shrugged her shoulders. "Who knows. It's every person for themselves."

"So, why are you here with us?" Seunghoon questioned, raising a brow.

"The world will eat you up, if you let it. Especially, in here. However, you two seem loyal." Saebyeok responded, letting out a deep sigh. She then took a glance at Seunghee and soften her eyes.

"There has to be some kind of mistake! How is food already gone, when there's still five of us!" A voice yelled, making the trio turned their heads at them.

"We prepared the meal for the exact amount of people." The masked man answered.

"Then why don't you have any left? I want my food!" The player spoke with a voice full of anger, but one of the guards pointed their gun at his head.

Seunghee quickly looked down to the ground, thinking about what's going to happen next. Until, a feminine voice spoke up.

"Excuse me, those people took their food even though they already got theirs. I saw it." She pointed to 101 and 218's group. They rolled their eyes in annoyance and continued eating their food and took a sip out of their drinks in silence.

Seunghee didn't even know why she was shocked. They were known to be very troublesome and whenever there was trouble, they always seemed to be the ones that caused it. Everybody in the room looked at them.

"What? Have you guys never seen someone eat before?" 101 spluttered out, causing some of the players to look away from fear. 271 however, walks his way over to him and his group.

"Give me that. That's mine."

"Ah, so this is yours? Are you sure? Cause I don't see your name on it." 101 teased, taking a sip. The men around him laughed.

"I said give me that!" 271 tried to get it from him, but he was way too small and skinny compared to 101 who was tall and big. They fought over the bottle, but 101 accidentally broke it on the ground.

This angered 101 and grabbed 271's collar and punched him to the ground, making the crowd around them exclaimed. "You little shit, you made me dropped it!"

"How come a scrawny guy like you is so greedy about food? You should learn how to share!" He expressed out, continuously kicking him on the ground. Seunghee stood up and tried to help him, but her wrist was caught by Saebyeok, preventing her to get away.

Seunghee looked at her with confusion. "What are you doing? Let me go, I need to help that poor guy!" She implied, trying to get out of her grip.

Saebyeok looked in her direction and intensely stared at her. "I won't let you get killed by that bastard."

"Seunghoon, help me!" She pouted at her brother, who was drinking his beverage. He took a glance at her then sighed.

"I'm sorry, but I agree with Saebyeok. I can't even take him out on my own, what makes you think I can fight him and his entire group?"

Seunghee breathed heavily, before giving up and sat down. She felt sympathy for the guy who was getting beat up harshly and was probably dying, while the people behind the mask did absolutely nothing. 101 panted heavily then walked away from his body to bend down to drink the remaining liquid of the broken glass bottle.

Seunghee saw 218 and 456 walked up to the body. "Hey, wake up." He spoke, patting his body. When he didn't answer, 218 put his fingers around his neck.

"...He's dead." He announced, looking back to 456. The people widened their eyes and began to murmur.

456 bent down to check the body and saw no signs of him breathing. He quickly got up and made his way to the guards. "Hey, guards! Can someone do something?!" He questioned. "That man died. He was murdered. He got killed by that bastard over there." He pointed to 101, who was standing by.

"Can't anyone hear me?!" He exclaimed. He looked around to see a security camera. "A man just got killed! Aren't you going to do something? We shouldn't be killing each other. Like this."

"Player 217, eliminated." The woman in the woman PA announced.

Seunghee looked back at the big screen to the numbers of players going down, but the number of money going up. The players then heard music filling up the room, to see money flying down the piggy bank again. Footsteps could be heard approaching. The heavy metal doors opened, revealing more people with a mask on, but this time holding casket.

They carried the dead body, before putting it on the casket, then headed out of the room.

-

Seunghee looked at the clock that was ticking to see there were less than thirty minutes left before lights go out and everyone goes to 'sleep.' She turned her attention back to Saebyeok and Seunghoon.

"Listen, neither of you sleeps tonight, okay? It's going to be a massacre and that guy is most likely going to start it." Seunghee referred to 101.

"Of course, I'm not an idiot," Saebyeok replied.

"It's also most likely he's going to go after that girl." Seunghoon pointed at the woman who snitched from earlier.

They heard footsteps coming, making them turn their heads. It was 456.

"Are you guys okay? If you guys need help, then don't hesitate to come at our beds over there." He pointed out his fingers in the direction. Saebyeok looked away to the ground.

"No thanks, I don't trust people." She responded. 456 raised a brow and pointed at Seunghee and Seunghoon.

"But, what about them?"

"They helped me, while you and 101 hurt me. I'm pretty they're an exception." She defended them.

456 sighed. "You really don't get it, do you? You don't trust people, because you can. You do it because you have nothing to lean on." He said before walking away.

Her attention turned back to Seunghee. "Immediately find me, after the lights out. You and your twin." She whispered in her ear. Seunghee nodded her head in response.

-

The clock stopped ticking and the players got on their beds to sleep, before the lights got out. Seunghee cautiously looked around her to make sure no one was doing anything to her, as Seunghoon and Saebyeok did the same.

Seunghee shrieked from fear and panicked when she heard a very loud scream and a very loud crash. The lights began to flicker rapidly and Seunghee immediately jumped out of bed to meet with Seunghoon and Saebyeok.

Seunghee panicked when she saw Seunghoon out of his bed, and panicked even more when she saw Saebyeok getting strangled at the wall by 101. She hurried over and made 101 turns to face her, before giving him a harsh punch in the face.

She grabbed Saebyeok's hand. "Come on, let's find Seunghoon then go to 456. He and his group can help us." She spoke to her, but when she turned to the side, she was met up by 101 again. He tried to hurt them but was quickly tackled to the ground by someone else.

Seunghee bit her lip and looked around, to see Seunghoon already with 456's group. Her grip on Saebyeok got tighter, afraid to lose the girl in the massacre they were in and ran over to her twin's direction.

"Seunghee, Saebyeok!" Seunghoon yelled out. At first, they thought he called out their name in relief, but in reality, it was because 101 was right behind them. Seunghoon pushed them to the front, before tacking onto the ground and gave him punches.

He was stopped by one of 101's men and was almost got knocked out by a metal stool before 456 saved the day and punched him.

"You guys came." 456 managed to blurt out, panting heavily.

"Like you said." Saebyeok replied.

"Oi, Ssammun-dong what are you guys doing? We're just pulling out the herd." 101 smirked, blood dripping out his face. 456 protectively covered them with his body.

"They're part of our team now, got it?"

"All of you stop this!" A voice yelled out to the room. Seunghee looked in the direction where the voice was coming from, to see the old man. "I...I'm...scared! We are all going to die in here? Please, just stop this madness." He continued to beg the players.

Seunghee flinched when the lights suddenly turned on, revealing the dead and bloody bodies, before the metal doors opened as well. One guard fired his gun at the top. They ordered us to drop their weapons to the ground then made us turn around and check our bodies for weapons.

Saebyeok saw her knife getting found in 101's pocket and smirked.

After they checked all of the players, they left with the lights still turned on. The group sat down in silence before 456 decided to speak up.

"Are you alright, sir?"

The old man looked at him with confusion all over his face. "Huh?"

"That was very dangerous. Why did you get up there?" 456 questioned back.

"We were all very worried over you, sir. We kept looking for you, but we couldn't find you." 199 commented.

"But, no one here got hurt, so it's okay." 218 assured, looking back at the trio. Seunghoon looked down and suddenly giggled, to which everyone was confused by.

"Sorry," He apologises then turned back to Seunghee and Saebyeok. "You two can stop holding hands now. It's all over."

Only now, Seunghee noticed that her hand was still holding Saebyeok. She blushed madly and pulled away. "I'm sorry, I hope I didn't hurt your hand...my grip was pretty tight back out there."

Saebyeok shook her head. "My hand is fine. Don't worry about it." She assured, but she would be lying if she said she didn't enjoy the warmth of Seunghee's hand holding into hers.

"Anyway, we should tell each other's name. To get to know each other. Why don't we go around and tell say each other's names!" 456 proposed the idea.

"I already know your name, though. It's Ssammun-dong." 199 spoke with a sweet voice. 456 chuckled in amusement and shook his head.

"That's where I live, not my actual name. My real name is Seung Gihun. What about yours?"

"Ali. Ali Abdul, and I'm from Pakistan." Ali responded. Gihun raised a brow. "Where is that?"

"North of India." Seunghee responded, licking her lips as the cold air bit them. Ali nodded his head. "Correct." He confirmed.

Each player introduced themselves and where they were from. It was Saebyeok's turn and she seemed hesitant to answer.

"Do I have to?" She questioned, looking at Seunghee. "It's fine, they helped us." She assured, rubbing her back.

She sighed and looked down. "Saebyeok. Kang Saebyeok."

"Saebyeok...That's a pretty name. Doesn't really suit you though." Gihun commented, making Seunghee frown at his words. Gihun then looked at Seunghee. "What about you?"

"Seunghee. Choi Seunghee, and I'm from Busan." She responded. Sangwoo quirked a brow and raised his hand to ask something.

"Are you two twins?" He pointed at Seunghee and Seunghoon, only now realising how similar they were. Seunghee only hummed in response and held her cheek.

"What about you sir? What's your name?" Ali questioned the old man. All eyes and attention were at him now.

"My...name? Well, it's..." He trailed off, not knowing the answer. Seunghee felt her heart clenched when she saw the stress and confusion all over his face.

"Sir, it's okay. You don't have to answer, you must be frightened from earlier. It'll be okay once you get some rest." Gihun tried to assure him, but the old man just scratched his head still thinking about his name.

"We should all get some rest. We never know when the next game is." Seunghoon stated, and everybody nodded their head in agreement.

Seunghee could feel Saebyeok's intense stare at her and looked in her direction.

Saebyeok patted her lap, signalling Seunghee to sleep on it. "Sleep. I'll keep you safe and comfortable." Saebyeok stated. Seunghee softly smiled and thanked her, before putting her head on Saebyeok's lap, as Saebyeok began running her finger to Seunghee's hair, playing with it.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: YALL THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K READS! Also, I'm writing this at like 2 am, so correct me for grammatical errors

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.5K 2.6K 27
Darling, dearest, dead. i don't own any characters from this book except Nabi<3 I'm trying to make it as realistic to the series but with more saeby...
44.8K 2.2K 26
ooo. In which losing the game isn't the only thing she loses. squid game / kan...
24.4K 1K 27
โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ: *โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ:* kang sae-byeok chae hyun-jung had no idea what she was getting herself into when she agreed to participate in the games, but all she knew...
34.1K 894 21
ษชษด แดกสœษชแด„สœ; a young mother takes a part in murderous game. (Saebyeok x fem!oc) Started: 25/10/2021 Finished: 31/01/2022