Play Of Fate

By Babii_fujoshi

When life is already chaotic enough, fate will even make it worse. Mew and Gulf almost had the perfect relati... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight (Part 1)
Chapter Eight (Part 2)
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen (Part 1)
Chapter Nineteen (Part 2)
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-seven
Chapter Thirty-eight
Chapter Thirty-nine
Chapter Forty (Finale)
Special Chapter (Part 1)
Special Chapter (Part 2)

Chapter Twenty-nine

463 27 2
By Babii_fujoshi

Up nudged Kao as they were watching Mew and Gulf from the gap of the door outside.

"See? I told you that it was Gulf that I saw, but you won't believe me." Up said as he snorted at Kao.

"I didn't know that it was actually him. Who would've thought that he's alive?" Kao said, as he held Up's hand.

Up furrowed his eyebrows and tilted his head to the side. It was left unnoticed by Kao.

"Is there something wrong?" Kao asked.

"I was just thinking... if Gulf is alive, then who the hell did we cremate and grieve for years ago?" Up said.

Kao also went into thinking. "Yeah. Who was it then? We had it confirmed by the airline company, and Gulf was indeed one of the passengers. That body that was cremated was found on his seat number."

"But a test was not done to confirm whether it was actually him. Why didn't we think of that?" Up said.

"Everybody was all over the place that time. We couldn't even think straight. What's important is, he's alive." Kao said, as he smiled and placed his arm on Up's shoulder.

Up held Kao's hand. "Yeah. But it would be also nice if we can find the true family of the victim we had cremated."

"Let's do that after this. Let's go to the venue and help them with the program."

Up nodded, and both of them went into the place where the event is being held.

----------------------------

The event was a success. The foundation decided to give all of the kids a scholarship, and personal supplies. They also decided to add medical supplies, as well as food supplies to the orphanage. The monks are so thankful for their generosity. After the event, the monks thanked them for the event.

"Thank you so much for your generosity. Your donations mean a lot to us, especially the kids." One of the monks said.

Mew just smiled and held Gulf's hand tighter. "I should be the one thanking all of you, brother. All these years, you had kept my fiancé safe and well. These donations cannot compare to how thankful I am to you." He then kissed Gulf's hand, while looking into his eyes.

Gulf gave him a smile and bowed to the monk. "Brother, thank you so much for taking care of me, and for saving my life."

The monk patted Gulf and smiled. "We're glad to do that, Somchai. You have been a blessing not only to us but to the kids as well."

"We will miss you for sure."

Gulf just gave a sad smile. The orphanage had been his home for the last couple of years. It has become his safe haven. Just the thought of leaving makes his heart ache so badly.

"You can always come by anytime you want. The kids will be happy to see you." The monk said, so as to console him.

Gulf bit his lip and looked at Mew. "Can we do that?"

Mew smiled and ruffled Gulf's hair. "Of course, love. We can come here anytime you want."

Gulf gave Mew a smile. Just then, the head monk went to the couple. He blessed them and gave them two sets of bracelets.

"I knew all along that this day will come. The moment I saw the ring on Somchai's finger, I knew that someday, his other half will come to see him again."

"I already blessed these bracelets for you. Wear this to always have protection around you. The red string bracelets will bring you protection, good luck, strength, faith, and connection."

"These will help keep you together."

Mew and Gulf gladly received the gift from the monk. "Thank you for these, brother," Gulf said.

The monk nodded and patted Mew's arm. "Take care of Somchai. Take care of each other." After the head monk had said that, he left the place together with the other monks.

All that was left in the venue were Mew and Gulf, and their companions.

"I guess this calls for a celebration?" Off said, as he smiled.

Mew and Gulf just looked at each other. Mew then shrugged his shoulders.

"Welcome, back, Gulf," Bright said, as he smiled at the two.

"We'll just spend the night at the hotel where we are booked. How about you, Mew?" Toptap said.

Gulf looked at Mew, then bowed his head. "He's leaving." Gulf thought to himself.

What Gulf did was left unnoticed by Mew. He knows Gulf too well. If something bothers him, it will definitely show in his actions.

"I'll just stay here. Gulf wants to spend the night here before he flies back to Bangkok with us." Mew said, which earned naughty stares and cooing from their companion.

When Gulf realized what they are trying to imply, he ducked his head to hide his flushed face.

"It's not what you're thinking." Mew deadpanned.

"Okay, it's not...." Up said with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

Mew widened his eyes and glared at him. "What? I mean... you might have missed each other..."

"Cut it, snowball." Mew then rolled his eyes.

"If you say so.." up said, as he smirked. Kao did the same.

"These crackheads. Wait till I get back to you." Mew thought to himself.

"Alright. We'll take our leave now. We'll call you tomorrow once we're about to leave. Enjoy your night, lovebirds." Off said, as they head out of the orphanage.

Gulf just stared at their backs, as they head out one by one. "Wait."

They swished their heads to Gulf when he stopped them.

"Why? What's wrong?" Toptap asked his brother and immediately went to him.

"Please at least have dinner before you leave," Gulf said.

"We're fine, P'. The hotel has food for us." Win said.

"Please? I'll make it real quick." Gulf said as he stared at others.

Gulf pouted, and can't hide the disappointment on his face. Off noticed it, and decided to give in to him.

"Okay. I'm kind of hungry actually." Off said as he laughed and playfully touched his stomach.

Saint slapped his brother's arm, but Off glared at him and smiled. Saint was able to get the message and eagerly nodded.

"Yeah. I'm also hungry. We'll have dinner here."

Gulf's face lit up. "Okay. I'll head to the kitchen to prepare dinner."

Gulf was about to leave when Mew caught his hand. "Do you want me to help you?"

Gulf smiled and nodded. The two then headed to the kitchen.

Others who were left in the reception area of the orphanage just looked at each other.

"My brother is still smitten with your brother," Off said to Toptap.

"Looks like he is. He definitely never changed." Toptap said, as he happily watched the two head to the kitchen.

-----------------------------

After having dinner, the gang bid goodbye to the two and headed to the hotel where they will be staying for the night. After the van had left, Gulf tidied up the table, as the kids and the monks are already in bed.

Mew helped Gulf clean up. While doing so, he's sneaking glances at him. Gulf was washing the dishes when he noticed Mew staring at him. He turned to him.

"Is there something wrong?" Gulf asked.

Mew smiled and went closer to Gulf. He placed his hands on his waist and kissed his head.

"Nope. Nothing. I'm just happy." Mew said as he leaned his head on Gulf's.

Gulf smiled upon hearing what Mew said, and continued washing the dishes.

"Stop it. The monks might see us. It's not allowed here." Gulf said with a smile on his face.

Mew released him from his hug and placed the washed dishes in their proper place instead.

Gulf eyed Mew while he was busy doing it, and smiled.

"I never thought I'd be this happy." Gulf thought to himself as he focused his attention on his work.

--------------------------------------------------

Gulf was already tidying the bed and was getting ready to sleep when the door to his room opened. He looked at the door to see who was it and saw Nong Suda.

"Ao. Nong Suda... what are you doing here? You're supposed to sleep now. It's already late."

The kid just stared at him, then started crying. He went to her and wiped her tears.

"Why? What's wrong? Are you hurt?" Gulf worriedly asked the kid.

"It hurts here, P'.." The kid cried and pointed to her heart.

"Why? Did something happen? Come on. I'll bring you to the clinic." Gulf was about to carry Suda when she shook her head.

"I'm hurt because I dreamed that you were leaving..." The kid cried even more.

"Nong Suda..."

"Brother told me that the angels who came here are your family, and they will bring you home..."

Gulf sighed as he rubbed the kid's arm to calm her.

"P'Somchai will always visit here. I won't be that far."

"But I won't get to see you every day anymore... Please bring me with you, P'Somchai..." Suda cried and hugged Gulf tight.

Gulf felt his heart break with what Suda said. Although he loves all of the kids in the orphanage, it was Suda who was most dear to him. He was the one who saw her outside the orphanage soaked in the rain when her stepmother left her after her father died.

"Don't leave me here, P'Somchai... I want to go with you...."

Gulf cried and hugged Suda. He doesn't want to leave the orphanage, but since he has a life that he needs to at least remember, he needs to go back to Bangkok, even just for a while.

Gulf noticed someone head out from the bathroom and saw Mew standing in front of the door. He looked up at him, with tears in his eyes. Suda also noticed Mew's presence and went to him.

The kid held Mew's hand as she cried. "Phi, please don't take away P'Somchai from us... I don't want him to go..." the kid said, as she repeatedly shook her head.

Mew lifted the kid and hugged her. Suda hugged him back, as she continued to cry. "Phi will not take away P'Somchai from you. But he needs to go home."

"I want to go with P'Somchai..." The kid said, as her cries are muffled by Mew's shoulder.

Mew noticed his shirt getting wet from Suda's tears, so he decided to gently pat the kid's back.

"Shush. Don't cry now. Phi will let you sleep here tonight with P'Somcha, okay?" Mew said as he hugged the kid.

He felt Suda lightly nod. Soon, her cries became quiet. Mew peeked over his shoulder and noticed that the kid is already asleep. He gently placed her on the bed and pulled the blanket over her.

Gulf sat beside the bed and looked at Suda. He sighed and looked up, to prevent his tears from falling. He caressed the kid's head.

"I don't think I can leave her like this..." Gulf said as he stared at the kid.

Mew placed his hand on Gulf's shoulder. "As much as I would like to bring her with us, we can't..."

Gulf sighed and held one of Mew's hands. "I know. But if she sees me tomorrow leaving, I think that'll hurt her more."

Mew can just sigh. Seeing Gulf sad is making him sad too. He took a good look at Suda, who was holding Gulf's hand in her sleep.

That night, the couple slept with Suda in between them. Mew caressed Gulf's face and woke up in his sleep when Suda kicked him and hugged Gulf. When he opened his eyes, he saw the kid still soundly asleep, as well as Gulf.

He reached Gulf's face, before leaning in and kissing his forehead. He also kissed Suda's head. He then hugged the two and went back to sleep.

-------------------------------------

The next morning, Suda woke up on his P'Somchai's bed. She went down and looked for him.

"P'Somchai... P'Somchai..." the kid called, while looking for Gulf inside the room.

The door opened, and Suda immediately ran to the door, thinking that it was her P'Somchai. When she saw that it was the head monk, the kid pouted and cried.

The monk carried her and wiped her tears. "Aw... Nong Suda, you don't have to be sad. P'Somchai will visit you often here."

The kid cried so hard. The monk hugged her back and gently patted her back.

"Stop crying now. Do you wanna go with brother? P'Somchai and the other Phi left a letter for you."

The kid nodded, despite crying. The monk laughed a little and patted the kid's head, while they head out of the room.

--------------------------

<Bangkok, Thailand>

It has been a few months already since Gulf went home to Bangkok, and left the orphanage in Trang. While adjusting to his life in Bangkok, he can't help but feel sad every time he thinks of Suda. They frequently have video calls to the orphanage to monitor the kids' condition, as well as talk with Suda.

The last time that they called the monks, Suda did not show up on the video call. She doesn't want to talk to Gulf, and the monks said, she might still be sad about Gulf leaving. Gulf felt bad about it and cried that night. Mew also felt bad about it, but they can't do anything.

The couple sent gifts during Suda's 4th birthday, but the monk said the kid just stayed in her bed and didn't come out of her room the whole time. Gulf asked Mew if they can go to Trang and visit Suda, but Mew's schedule doesn't allow them to.

He even have to stay with his brothers, when Mew had to fly back to the US to take care of something in their company. Ever since he came back, Mew has been flying frequently between US and Thailand.

The last time Mew went to the US, he filed an indefinite leave and went back to Bangkok. After he did, he bought a house for himself and Gulf, where they're currently living.

They're currently having their dinner when Mew received a phone call. Mew excused himself and answered the call. Gulf can only look at him, as he nods and smiles while on the call.

Gulf can't make out what the conversation is all about since he can only hear Mew's answers. After the call, Mew went back to the table to resume his dinner.

"Who's that?" Gulf asked.

"Oh. Someone from the company. They told me that have good news for me. They will send me a package, and I'm expecting to receive it tomorrow." Mew said, and eyed him.

"Oh. Okay." Gulf said and resumed eating.

Mew eyed Gulf and can't keep his smile to himself. This is probably one of the best news that he received today.

------------------------

Gulf was still on his bed when he noticed someone poke his cheek. He furrowed his eyebrows, thinking that it was Mew. It has been his habit to do that after waking up.

He tapped the hand away, but it kept poking his cheek. When he got impatient, he tapped the hand hard.

"Ouch!"

Gulf scrunched his eyes when he heard a high-pitched sound. That was definitely not Mew's voice. He opened his eyes and saw a little girl hovering above him. She then hugged him.

"P'Somchai!"

Gulf felt like his mind is tricking him when he realized that the kid was Nong Suda.

"I missed you, P'Somchai!" The kid hugged him tightly.

Gulf smiled and hugged back the kid. "P'Somchai also missed you a lot."

He released nong Suda from the hug and saw Mew enter their room. He smiled at him, and he did the same.

"Thank you, love." He said to Mew, who was approaching them.

When Mew reached them, he kissed his forehead. "You're welcome." He then smiled.

Gulf turned to Suda. "How long will you stay here with P'Somchai? Good thing that the monks allowed you to have a vacation here."

Instead of answering him, Suda giggled and sat on Mew's lap. Gulf was confused. "What the hell is going on?" He thought to himself.

"Nong Suda... she won't go back to Trang anymore..." Mew said as he handed Gulf an envelope.

"What do you mean?" Gulf asked.

Mew motioned for him to read what was inside the envelope. "It's all in there."

Gulf took out the document from the envelope. A smile formed on his face as he read the content of the document. After reading, he faced Mew who just smiled and shrugged his shoulder at him.

"You..." Gulf was not able to finish what he was about to say when Suda interrupted him.

"Daddy said I should wake you up, so you could cook for me, Papa," Suda said.

"Papa... Daddy..." Gulf felt tears fall from his eyes when he heard what Suda said.

The document Mew handed him, was the adoption papers of Suda. Starting this day, they are the legal parents of Suda. From this day, Suda is already their daughter.

Gulf hugged Suda and Mew, as tears fall from his eyes. The kid hugged them back and wiped his tears.

"I love you, Papa." The kid said.

Gulf kissed Suda's cheek. "I love you too, baby."

Mew playfully pouted. "How about Daddy?"

Suda smiled and hugged Mew. "I love you too, daddy."

Mew also kissed their daughter's cheek.

The three of them hugged. Gulf smiled to himself, as he feels the warmth of his daughter and Mew's hug.

"This is the thing that I've always dreamed of. Going back to Bangkok isn't really a bad thing."

Gulf thought to himself, as the family hugged each other, for God knows how long.

A/N: Hello, lovies! I was not able to update last night, since I was not feeling well. Must be fatigued from work and other stuff. How's the story going so far? Are you liking it? Leave your comments below. Please continue to stay with Mew and Gulf as their story is about to end. Thank you again, and see you next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 461 6
COMPLETED W A R N I N G: MATURED CONTENT. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! MewGulf fanfiction (Celebrity / Doctor) M-preg Mew and Gulf are in a relationship s...
26.8K 1.9K 36
A toxic relationship where everything was messed up but still Gulf was madly in love with the boy name Mew suppasit who was an arrogant, possessive a...
39.9K 2.7K 46
Gulf is a typical college student. Mew is an introvert. Gulf is short-tempered. Mew is mellow. Gulf is possessive. Mew is protective. Gulf likes Mew...
169K 7.4K 46
Mew and Gulf are most shipped Bl couples with strong fandom and have undeniable attraction towards eachother. Thier fandom falls once the series...