See you differently [Red Velv...

By TheCerealBox

A sub par story from my garbage writing skills. Does differ from the story line, but I tried to keep the char... More

A/N
Chapter 1 - A New Start
Chapter 2 - The kingdom
Chapter 3 - For Here or To Go?
Chapter 4 - A safe place
Chapter 5 - Into the Tower
Chapter 6 - A Healer
Chapter 7 - How to Bake a Cake
Chapter 8 - Baby you ain't going nowhere
Chapter 9 - Square One
Chapter 11 - A Dinner for 6
Chapter 12 - One of them
Chapter 13 - An Old Friend
Chapter 14 - Run.
Chapter 15 - A New Problem
Chapter 16 - Untrust
Chapter 17 - Just Us 4
Chapter 18 - We meet again
Chapter 19 - An Old Team
Chapter 20 - Potion for You
Chapter 21 - Butterview
Chapter 22 - Masquerade Dance
Chapter 23 - Friendly Friends
Chapter 24 - A Mother's Child
Chapter 25 - Very close
Chapter 26 - A Cake's Sacrifice
Chapter 27 - There's Only One
Chapter 28 - Till death do us part
Chapter 29 - All's Well That Ends Well

Chapter 10 - Hard Boiled Egg

6.5K 205 550
By TheCerealBox

° ° ° ° °

Warning/s:

A/n: Im just saying, if someone whos really good at writing could write a Pure Vanilla x reader story, I would die a happy person.

Later A/n: I was joking, I didnt mean to actually almost die, (chapter's late cuz I ended up in the hospital lmao)

° ° ° ° °

You woke up to banging on your door, the sudden sound threw Bundt out of the bed and scared you half to death.

You quickly got up, stumbled over to the door and opened it. Outside was Red Velvet looking very tired.

He smiled and said, "They're here" he walked over to the nursery with you following, Bundt close behind. Inside was what felt like even more cakes than last time. They usually slept the first day or two, you didnt mind. It would be boring though.

He clears his throat, "So, uh, yeah, you better watch them, and dont even think about trying to leave. Ive beefed up security and they will tell me everything you do" he turned around to leave.

Bundt ran around looking at the small cakes. You went and sat down in a chair, and just watched.

If you slept anymore, you would be tired from sleeping, but doing nothing all day was boring. So you sat back, and left yourself drift into thought.

You hoped Pancake was doing alright, same with Madeliene, Raspberry, Pastry and... yes even Espresso. Maybe there was some way to send a note before you were forced into whatever plan they had for you.

'Oh' You had forgotten about that. What did they want you for? What can you even do with Healer cookies? They whole point is they did nothing but just heal.

You furrowed your eyebrows, 'I did more than just heal...'

~ Magical Flashback ~

You managed to fight back, hitting him on the head, hard, which caused him to lose his balance. You turned around to run back from where you came from, but you werent as fast as him. You were suddenly grabbed from the ground below, and slammed down. (Wow)

This was disorienting, but you managed to see him running right towards you with his sword, you were being held down by some form of... hand?

In a moment of panic, you felt a spark of electricity like shock run through your body, down your back, and as you were kicking and screaming, there was a burst of energy, it left a slight scent of *whatever flavor your cookie is*.

You were left in shock, was that you?

Before you could answer your own question, he had jumped up and swung the handle of his sword at you, knocking you out instantly.

~ End of Magical Flashback ~

You felt your head, the bump was gone but there was a rough patch there, presumably dried jam or a scar, you werent quite sure.

You stare at your hands, you were a healer cookie, thats what you studied the only magic you could master. You were fine with that.

The jingle of a bell brought you back to reality, you look over at the door, it was an even sleepier looking Red Velvet.

"I thought you went to the camp" you questioned, turning your body to him.

He shrugged, "Cakes can train other cakes you know. Plus, Im tired"

He handed you the bag he had in his hand. It was more food, but it looked better than it has before.

"I made food, but you better share with Bundt, I already feed the rest of my little cakes so, they are fine for now" he stated, walking in fully and closing the door.

'What, no, I dont want to talk more, why are you stepping in here' you thought while pulling your Candy Pasta out of the bag. You gave a little bit of it to the bigger cake, he took it and ran to sit on his own chair.

Red Velvet was kind of just staring at you, it was kind of creepy.

"So, do you like them?" He asked, still just standing there awkwardly.

"The cakes? Yeah, I guess I do" you pause, and smirk, "Still despise you though"

"Very funny" he said unamused, he went to sit on the chair next to you, only to have Bundt jump from his chair to that one.

He glared at the cake, and went to sit on the floor next to you.

You inspected him closely, he just seemed to be watching what you were doing.

"Why are you still here?" You asked, drinking some of the milk after.

"Nothing better to do, I thought you'd like some company" He said smuggly.

"Hmm" you hum and go back to stuffing your face, occasionally giving Bundt some. You werent entirely sure if he had anything to eat, so you offered a forkfull of the pasta.

He looks at it, and back at you.

"Its not poisonous, unless you poisoned it when you made it" shaking it a little so he woukd take it.

He grabbed it off the fork with his hands, which confused you, and he ate it. You were offering him the fork but, to each their own you guess.

Both of you sat in more silence, comfortable silence, since you both were eating.

It was very temporary.

The door flies open and makes you 3 jump. In runs in 2 guards, both talking over eachother.

"Stop stop, one at a time, you" Red Velvet pointed at the first guard, "Whats going on"

The first guard starts explaining in whatever language it is they speak, similar to the cakes, and Red Velvet looks panicked.

He turned to you, "It was nice talking, or... no it wasnt nice... whatever, I have to go" and with that he ran out the room. That was odd. You finished you're food and went to look over the cakes, when the reopens.

"No no, really, I dont think you should go in-"

"Ahh, my prized possession" Pomegranate rushed over to you, her excitement faded as she saw the state you were in.

"How did you let them turn into" she glanced at you, "This? They look like they got thrown down 40 stories of stairs."

"Close, it was more like 39" you jokingly say, Bundt cake got up and was 'protecting' you, thought he had no weapon nor knew the first thing about fighting.

She glared at Red Velvet who looked very stern, his demeanor changed drastically.

"I want to take them back to my place, do they work well for you?" Pomegranate asks Red Velvet, whos stern-ness turns into worry.

"Uh, what, no. They work terribly, Ive had them try to escape like 5 times now, AND they barely watch the cakes." He sputtered out, giving you a death glare to follow along.

'I mean, its watching cakes or going with her' you thought.

You might have a better chance of escaping if you went with Pomegranate. But by the way she talk down on Red Velvet, you'd assume she was a lot more stricter.

So you didnt object, simple stood and nodded, "Oh yeah, hes right" you kept nodding, though it felt a little sarcastic.

"Mhmm... Well, Ill be back for them in a week, they can straighten themselves out until then. Dark Enchantress wants them in about a month" she walks away with a disappointed look on her face.

The second she walked out into the hall, Red Velvet followed her and shut the door.

Why did he keep you when all you did was watch cakes? You were sure Bundt could take your place, or even one of the cake guards. Its not like he even treated you well, Pomegranate made a good point.

Eventually he came back, and when he walked in, he sighed.

"They never let me keep anything" he complained as he went to count the cakes.

"There is 28 cakes right now, lets say hypothetically, I accidentally scheduled the next batch to be a day too soon." He goes on, "and lets say Im short handed since I would then have around 50 cakes plus the camp"

"Then you dont have to go with Pomegranate" he says like its the best idea ever.

"Whats wrong with Pomegranate?" You question, recounting the cakes with a glance. Damn that was a lot, last time you only have 16.

"Shes evil" he says bluntly.

"Your not exactly the good guy either" you remind him.

"Well I mean more evil than me, her cause and my cause just arent on the same level"

"And whats your cause?" You ask.

He paused for a second, and he turned to the cakes peacefully sleeping. "I just want the world to be a better place for them, and I guess for me too.." he turned to you, and cleared his throat, "Now uh, get back to work, slacker, I have some business that needs to be dealt with"

And with that, he left. That was weird.
You started clearing the area for the cakes and just general cleaning.

° ° ° ° °
"Custard!" Madeleine yelled out, cupping his hands so his voice would project further. "Y/n?" He yelled out a little quieter.

"C'mon where are you guys. Even if Y/n was captured, they would surely hear me"

A chill went down his back. He shook that thought out of his head, "No no, they are still alive, I just need to find them"

He rode foward deeper into the forest, unaware of where exactly you were.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.6K 1.8K 28
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
27.7K 299 35
hello i am your professor, and i will be teaching you about the political beliefs, history, music, and fashion styles of many alternative subcultures...
180K 4.1K 53
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc
4.5K 127 14
Yes Mostly wholesome oneshots (Not my artwork cover, though. And Xtale is Jael Peñaloza's creation on yt; I neither own it nor claim it as my own.)