Play Of Fate

By Babii_fujoshi

When life is already chaotic enough, fate will even make it worse. Mew and Gulf almost had the perfect relati... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight (Part 1)
Chapter Eight (Part 2)
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen (Part 1)
Chapter Nineteen (Part 2)
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-seven
Chapter Thirty-eight
Chapter Thirty-nine
Chapter Forty (Finale)
Special Chapter (Part 1)
Special Chapter (Part 2)

Chapter Twenty-eight

493 28 0
By Babii_fujoshi

While talking with the monk, Toptap and others heard a commotion outside. All of them, including the monk, stepped outside to see what was going on.

When they reached the entrance of the orphanage, they saw Mew carrying someone in his arms.

"Mew, what happened?" Toptap said and went to Mew.

When Toptap saw the face of the person Mew is carrying, he was beyond surprised. He covered his mouth with his hand to muffle his cry.

"Gulf..."

"Somchai? What happened here?" The monk asked as he took a closer look at the unconscious Gulf.

"I'll explain everything later. I need to bring him inside first." Mew said as he made his way inside.

"Come on. I'll show you his room." The monk said as he led the way to Gulf's room.

All of them were able to get a glimpse of Gulf's face when Mew passed by them to bring Gulf to his room. They can't believe their eyes. It was indeed Gulf.

Win was about to enter the orphanage when a car stopped by the entrance. Kao and Up went out of the car and went to them.

"Did you wait long?" Kao asked as he made his way inside with Up.

"Not that long, P'. But I think you need to brace yourselves for the good news." Win said as he can't hide his happiness.

Up tilted his head to the side. "What about it?"

"Follow me."

Kao and Up looked at each other, before following Win inside.

------------------------------

When they reached Gulf's room, the monk opened the door for Mew. He entered and placed Gulf down gently on the bed.

He then caressed his head and removed the hair that covers his forehead. Mew can't help but cry.

"Can you please tell me what happened to Somchai?" the monk worriedly asked.

Mew faced the monk. He was about to talk when Suda entered the room. All of them turned their heads to the kid.

"Nong Suda, what are you doing here?" the monk asked the kid.

"I just wanted to give these to P'Somchai, brother. He and that Phi left these rings outside." The kid said and handed something to the monk.

The monk took it from the kid and patted her head. "Thank you. Now, can you please play with your friends outside? Brother will just talk to the visitors first."

The kid nodded. "Okay, brother." Suda was about to go out of the room when she looked back.

"P'Somchai is okay, right?" the kid worriedly asked.

The monk thinned his lips into a line, before nodding. "P'Somchai will be fine."

"Okay." The kid then nodded and went out of the room.

A/N: To those wondering what nong Suda looks like, here she is, with her playmate in the orphanage. Isn't she cute? 

When Suda was already out, Mew looked at his brothers and his other companion.

"Can you please start the program? The kids might already be waiting."

"Okay, P'. We'll take care of it. We'll just talk later." Saint said as he urged others to go with him.

Only Mew, Toptap, Win, and the monk remained inside the room.

The monk opened his hand and was stunned when he saw what Sude gave him. It was Mew and Gulf's rings. The monk looked at Mew who just bowed his head.

"I think he has been waiting for you for a long time already." The monk started.

Mew turned to the monk. "What do you mean, brother?"

The monk sat down beside Gulf's bed. "Since he came here, and learned that he has amnesia. There's not a day that I didn't see him staring blankly outside his window."

"He may not say it, but I know Somchai's longing for something in his heart. This ring is the only thing that he has after we found him."

"How did you find him, brother? I-I- mean... how he ended up here?" Toptap is still shaking. He can't believe his own eyes.

The monk looked at all of them before he looked at Gulf again.

<Flashback>

Every year, the monks that run the House of Hope orphanage do merit at the sea near the orphanage. They release fish back into the sea and feed some of them.

While they were busy feeding the fish, one of the kids from the orphanage, noticed a body floating on the water. The kid went to them and told them that a dead person is floating on the water.

The monks went into the water to retrieve the body that was floating. Upon getting in touch with the body, one of the monks who was a doctor by profession, was able to feel a pulse from him.

"He's still alive, but we need to get him out of the water fast. He might die from hypothermia. He might be in the water for days already."

After they got Gulf out of the water, they covered him with blankets and placed him inside the van, to transport him to the orphanage clinic, because bringing him to the hospital would take longer.

Once they're already at the orphanage, the doctor/monk injected an IV line into his vein, so that he could gain back the nutrients that he lost by being out in the water for too long.

They observed his condition and decided to bring him to the hospital, once he gains back his color. He's so pale, and his lips are starting to crack because of dehydration.

Once the guy went back to his normal color, they checked his temperature. He had a slight fever. The head monk wanted to bring him over to the hospital, but the other monk, who is also a doctor, told them that he was going to be fine.

The orphanage has a clinic that was set up the same as in a hospital. The reason for that is the nearest hospital in their location, would take at least 40 minutes. Unless it is between life and death, they just treat the kids there, since they have monks who are licensed doctors and nurses by profession.

The monks continued to monitor Gulf's condition until he regained consciousness. After that, the rest is history.

<End of Flashback>

After the monk was done telling them how they found Gulf, Toptap can't help himself, but cry his heart out. His brother is so close to death, and they have no idea.

He went to his brother's side and held his hand. "Gulf... P'Top is here. I won't ignore you anymore. Forgive me if we didn't know that you're here..."

Win patted Toptap's back as he stared at his other brother, who was lying on the bed. "We won't leave you anymore, P'Gulf. Just don't leave us like that too." Win said, as his tears escaped from his eyes.

Mew on the other hand just stayed beside Gulf. He can't control his tears. It just continues to fall from his eyes. Just then, Gulf started gaining back his consciousness.

When he opened his eyes, he was terrified to see people he don't recognize surrounding his bed. Then, he saw one of the monks.

"Brother... what are they doing here in my room?" Gulf said as he tried to stay away from the people around him.

The monk noticed him being uneasy, so he tried to calm him down. "Don't worry, Somchai. They're good people. Don't be afraid of them."

Mew saw that somehow, Gulf calmed down after hearing what the monk said. Toptap stood up from Gulf's bed and brought Win with him to go outside.

"Gulf, we'll step outside first. We'll let you and Mew talk. We will talk later. We miss you so much." Toptap then kissed his brother's forehead.

Gulf doesn't know how to react, so he just ducked his head. When he looked up, he saw the other two people go out of the room. It was only him, the guy from earlier, and the monk who was left inside the room.

The monk stood up and was about to head outside when Gulf stopped him. "Brother, please don't leave me here," Gulf said, as he eyed the other guy.

The monks just smiled and faced him. "Somchai, you need to talk with him."

Gulf shook his head. "No brother. I...I don't know him."

"Exactly why you need to talk to him."

"B-but the program outside..."

"Don't worry about it. We'll take care of it." The monk said and handed him something.

Gulf took it from the monk and opened his hand. It was their rings.

"I'll leave the two of you to talk."

"Brother..."

The monk looked back at him and nodded. "You will thank me later for this."

Just that, and the monk went outside. After the door was closed, a deafening silence filled the room. Mew decided to do nothing, as Gulf seems to be wary of him. From his peripheral vision, he noticed him looking at him.

"I-is it true?" Gulf asked him, while he was bowing his head.

Mew turned to Gulf. "About what?'

"About what you said earlier..." Gulf then looked at him, waiting for an answer.

Mew heaved a sigh and held one of Gulf's hands. "It's true. And the evidence is in your hand."

Gulf looked at the rings that he was holding. He then turned to Mew with his eyes full of regret.

"But I can't remember anything..."

This time, Mew held both of Gulf's hands. "It doesn't matter. We can start again. We can always go back."

Gulf just looked at him. He has zero idea about who this guy is. But he felt safe with this man.

"Are you sure you want that? I might just frustrate you for being like this." Gulf said. His voice was full of sadness.

Mew tightened his hold on Gulf. "I will never get tired of you. Even if I have to do this every day of my life, I would. As long as I can be with you." Mew said as he looked at him in his eyes.

Gulf sighed. But he doesn't want to go back to his life before.

"I don't know how I should live the life I had before. I'm happy where I am now. I don't think I can still go back..."

"I don't even have the slightest idea of the name you called me. I don't even remember my name." Gulf said.

Mew slowly shook his head. "You don't need to worry about that. We can start a new life here. Wherever you want."

"Just please let me take care of you. This time, let me be the one to do things for you. I won't and never stop. I'm willing to give up everything, even leave my life behind. I'm willing to give you my all. As long as you're with me."

Mew looked at Gulf with pleading eyes. Gulf is obviously confused, and scared. He then looked at him.

"Would you promise me one thing?" Gulf asked him.

Mew nodded. "What is it?"

"Please don't get mad at me if I won't be able to remember you anymore."

Mew shook his head. "No. I will never do that. It doesn't matter whether you would still remember me or not."

Gulf felt Mew's sincere words pierce his heart and his soul. He held his hand in front of Mew and gave him one of the rings that he was holding.

Mew was confused at first, but a smile formed on his face when he realized what Gulf wanted.

He took the ring from him and wore it on his left ring finger. Gulf smiled while looking at it.

"I feel safe whenever I'm wearing this." He then looked at him.

Mew gave Gulf his hand, and Gulf wore the other ring on his left ring finger. Mew smiled upon seeing the ring again on his hand, and with Gulf, in front of him.

He didn't waste any time and hugged him. "Thank you for giving me a chance, love. I missed you so much. There's not a day I forgot to wish I could hold you like this again." Mew said, as his tears fell from his eyes.

This time, Gulf hugged him back and took in his scent. Tears fell from his eyes too. Finally. He found something that he has longed to feel.

Before, he was not able to explain what he truly wanted. But now, he's sure. He wants to stay with this man. Though he may not remember him, his heart knows. He's his home. He knows that his heart never forgot him, even if his mind did.

With him, he found that one thing he's been longing for  - love. He found love in him.

A/N: Quite long for an update tonight. I finished early with work, so yeah. a little treat for you, lovies. How do you feel about Gulf giving Mew a chance in his life again? Does Mew deserve it? Drop your thoughts below. Stay tuned to the remaining chapters, as Mew and Gulf Story will come to an end. Thank you for supporting Play of fate. See you in the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 5.5K 12
Mew and Gulf were inseparable growing up. They were not just best friends, they were each other's family. But one day after a little argument Gulf m...
49.3K 2.7K 14
Gulf has been loving Mew for years, in the sideline. He saw him fell in love, be in love and have his heart broken, along with his. Two years ago, Me...
144K 6.9K 47
Mew is like a Character out of a comic book. The typical type of Prince you'd like to have. Rich, Handsome, Smart, owns an Empire, and is a cold guy...
9.4K 461 6
COMPLETED W A R N I N G: MATURED CONTENT. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! MewGulf fanfiction (Celebrity / Doctor) M-preg Mew and Gulf are in a relationship s...