T K H C

By BeautifulLatte_123

Description Nara Lee, an ambitious and diligent 35 year old, has finally achieved her dream: buying a rooftop... More

🍁 Chapter 1
🍁 Chapter 2
🍁 Chapter 3
🍁 Chapter 4
🍁 Chapter 5
🍁 Chapter 6
🍁 Chapter 7
🍁 Chapter 8
🍁 Chapter 9
🍁 Chapter 10
🍁 Chapter 11
🍁 Chapter 12
🍁 Chapter 13
🍁 Chapter 14
🍁 Chapter 15
🍁 Chapter 16
🍁 Chapter 17
🍁 Chapter 18
🍁 Chapter 19
🍁 Chapter 20
🍁 Chapter 21
🍁 Chapter 22
🍁 Chapter 23
🍁 Chapter 24
🍁 Chapter 25
🍁 Chapter 26
🍁 Chapter 26.2
🍁 Chapter 27
🍁 Chapter 28
🍁 Chapter 29
🍁Chapter 30
🍁 Chapter 31
🍁 Chapter 32
🍁 Chapter 33
🍁 Chapter 34
🍁 Chapter 35
🍁 Chapter 36
🍁 Chapter 37
🍁 Chapter 38
🍁 Chapter 39
🍁 Chapter 40
🍁 Chapter 41
🍁 Chapter 42
🍁 Chapter 43
🍁 Chapter 44
🍁 Chapter 45
🍁 Chapter 46
🍁 Chapter 47.1
🍁 Chapter 47.2
🍁 Chapter 48
🍁 Chapter 50
🍁 Chapter 51
🍁 Chapter 52

🍁 Chapter 49

470 11 4
By BeautifulLatte_123

“Sharon, what are you thinking?”

A pair of round, dark, green eyes appeared in front of my face.

“Ugh! You surprised me!”

I was really surprised because I was lying my head down peacefully on the desk.

To be honest, I was dozing off, but as soon as I opened my eyes, I saw Carol staring up at me.

I thought my heart was going to drop, you little shit-gangster!

“Why are you so surprised!”

I think it would be weird to not be surprised.

“When did you come?”

“Just now! Sharon, Sharon! Look what came in brunch today!”

Carol had a sweet-looking raspberry pudding.

“Did you bring this?”

“Yes! Yes! Sharon, you like delicious food. Now, ah, eat it!”

Why does it look like that?

She must’ve struggled to bring it, the pudding piled up in the handkerchief was all crushed.

“It’s delicious even though it’s crushed.”

“No..””

“Ah!”

Eventually I opened my mouth.

“It’s delicious.”

“Right? Right? I’ll bring it again next time!”

“Put it in a cup.”

“Huh? Oh yeah. I probably should. Hehe hehe.”

I let her go because she was adorable. I wiped the pudding off my mouth and also wiped Carol’s hands.

This was something cute.

You must have woken me up because you knew I was sleeping and wanted to show this off, right?

“My puppy, have you been well?”

“Yes! Yes!”

“I’m glad you’re here anyway. I have something to say.”

“What is it?”

With glistening eyes, Carol sat beside me and held her chin.

I’m ready! All the signals.

“I’m afraid I’ll be in trouble if I don’t give away dresses.”

“Huh?”

“It’s a bargain for the workshop, but there are many people who need dresses but can’t buy them.”

“Ah. We don’t have cousins or relatives to give them to, so I’m fine!”

“Oh, good girl. Oh, my Carol.”

As I patted her cheek, Carol’s face unraveled.

Fortunately, Freya did not reject Madame DeJoue’s offer.

I guess it’s right that you were happy.

Because you could earn money doing what you like.

The dress will be donated under Carol’s name to the workshop tomorrow morning. And the money earned from selling Dresses will also be sent to an orphanage or a nursing home in the name of Carol.

“I’ll just lay you a wonderful flower path so you can be a good Empress.”

There was a small scratch on my chest. But I had to endure it, worrying that it would be obvious that I was jealous. Because of that, the jealousy piled up and created a hole in my heart.

Sharon, you can do this, you can help Carol!

“Huh? Empress…?”

“Of course!”

Carol’s face got mixed up in a flash with my words.

I understand her worry.

The Empress will be surrounded by a heavy prison term, which is a burden to the young Carol.

“Of course our Carol will do well!”

Unlike the original story, Carol Isn’t evil.

Even if she becomes an Empress, she won’t cause such a tragedy as the original.

Hahahaha.

I did it! I made this life rewarding!

“Yes…for that matter.”

“Oh, Carol, how was your day? You got engaged to the Crown Prince yesterday. Don’t you feel a little different?”

I was curious because I had never been engaged in a relationship in Korea.

My heart began to beat off beat. I mean. I was sure I was jealous of Carol.

Jealousy……?

Ha. I decided to ignore my feelings as if I didn’t know them.

I hid my bitterness and looked at Carol.

Carol’s lips popped out of her mouth.

* * *

Carol rolled her eyes at the question. Her eyes were calculating what to say to her advantage.

“You’re a complete asshole!”

“Eh?”

“Is that what you tell me after not seeing me all day long?”

Carol said shamelessly.

It was herself who argued all day and said, ‘Sharon doesn’t like you because you’re such a moron!’

But Sharon didn’t know that.

“Ha. I’m gonna die young for being a nice person.”

“What did you say?”

“Cheer up. Soon others will like you.”

Carol was a great secondary character. I don’t think she knows.

(T/N: Don’t know what that’s supposed to mean.)

“And the Crown Prince didn’t? Why did he do that? He’s not always like that. There must have been something upsetting in the imperial palace. Can you understand him, our good Carol?”

Carol was able to get a run with Sharon’s topic as expected.

“Next time I see the Crown Prince, I’ll scold him for you.”

“Really?”

Sharon nodded after seeing the eyes of a pathetic puppy.

“Of course!”

“Then I’ll take a look at Julien for you!”

Sharon brightened her eyes and raised her mouth like a fox. She didn’t see the falling car.

(T/N: I think the falling car is some metaphor to a surprise you don’t see, or something like that.)

‘Ha, Sharon’s still mine!’

Julien has a long way to go and Freya won’t be a big deal.

Carol rubbed her face against Sharon’s hand with greed.

“Good.”

‘I’ll pick up all the compliments that Sharon gives me!’

Chapter 12. To move on to the future. (KKP just lists the chapters like this, this is still a part of chapter 49)

The Emperor’s word is absolute. It was the reason why Julien came back to the border city not long after he got engaged.

“It hasn’t been long since you’ve been hunting for yucky mana. Why the hell are you going?”

The reason why Haru complained was that he had to follow Julien on a week-long border inspection trip.

Julien laughed crookedly.

He was also unhappy with the abrupt decision to inspect the border. That’s why he couldn’t see her this week.

‘I was the one who told you to come again this week, but I’m out.’

At times like this, even the unstable Crown Prince, who had to bow down to the Emperor, was devastated.

It was always a false hope that Julien would be able to achieve the most desperate thing in his life.

“Now that the Emperor has lifted up the hands of the First Queen, how can you not listen to the words of her, who begs with tears?”

“Your father is also true…”

Julien shook his head.

“I had my engagement with Carol as the Empress wanted, so she asked me to do what she wanted.”

(T/N: If I’m not wrong, the First Queen and Empress might be two people? This is confusing.)

“What was it?”

The question of the day hardened Julien’s face. He’s not a very good person to joke with, but he used to get cold feet when he straightened his face.

The day slowed down the horse and stepped aside to the back of the ragged.

“She had asked the Duke of Gratoni to ask to have his guardian niece be his wife.”

(T/N: The age gap? Excuse me?! Let’s also not forget that he’s her uncle?)

“Wow.”

One day, he was amazed at his foresight and bit his horse back a little more.

It’s not good for the heart to face Julien with such an excited face. One day, he clearly knew who the opponent was in his heart.

‘If you touch her, she’ll have to.’

The day glanced back. The knights were following them about twenty steps back.

It was because Julien hated to have people around him. Many interests have intertwined among the Knights.

Those who follow the Julien, those who report the events of the Julien to the Empress, those who are bought by the Queen, and those who are loyal to the imperial family.

Julien had rather chosen to keep no one close.

As the Crown Prince of Wales, who holds the edge of power, had nothing to say about it, even the order of the Knights could not be recklessly moved.

As a result, Julien’s nerves were bound to be on edge when he went hunting or on an inspection tour.

“So what did the Emperor say?”

One day, he asked him, thinking that he would fall back.

“Fortunately, the Duke of Gratoni opposed it. He didn’t want Carol and Sharon fighting.”

“That’s very fortunate.”

Julien drew the reins of the horse a little closer to the side of Haru.

“Instead, the First Queen drove me here. That’s a great excuse. The prince, who is engaged, is an adult and should fulfill his duty as a member of the imperial family. I know the Fifth Prince is 18 years old this year, but I’m not sure.”

The horse was quickly bitten back when he saw the stiff shoulder of the gnarled Julien’s shoulder was stiff.

“Don’t make me crazy.”

But that’s also for a while. He had to drive a horse to Julien’s tavern and go to Julien’s side.

“The Emperor spent a lot of energy on things that won’t even be useful.”

One day he spoke deftly, as if nothing had happened.

“He always believes that the Fifth Prince can be the Emperor. Because you don’t give any certainty to anyone.”

“Can’t you say that’s the charm of the Emperor’s reign? Thanks to you, you’re a little careless because the Concubines are biting each other.”

The Emperor’s concubines were picking and biting each other. Only one survives to seek the crown prince’s place.

Julien irritatedly swept up his hair. It was a waste of this time to go on a border inspection tour. In fact, it has been a long time since spring, and the demons’ spirits have been dampened, and neighboring countries are overwhelmed by Clemensia and are not willing to invade recklessly.

By now Clemensia had no problem but the division of wealth.

‘What are you doing, Sharon?’

He was going to sneak a look at Sharon on his way back from the nearby mana hunt.

Not long ago, he saw the face of Sharon at the engagement ceremony.

‘Is it time to take a nap?’

The sun is high and he’ll be dozing off for a long time. Today is the day Sharon and Carol take Theological Seminary classes.

He knew that Sharon was a book-lover, but she had probably already seen the new book, and the pessimistic Sharon won’t believe in God.

So it was clear that she would be dozing off secretly from her tutor.

Sharon’s sleeping appearance…

“…”

Julien’s face was burning up. That’s when he remembered the lips he bumped into by mistake.

It was soft and moist. It was only for a short time, but it was so hot that he kept thinking about it.

Julien clenched his teeth and increased the speed of his horse a little.

‘Go away, go away.’

He felt like he was going crazy with the image of the lips of Sharon, who kept floating in his head.

‘Ha…. I miss you more after thinking about it.’

The day left behind Julien breathing heavily.

“You look angry, Your Highness, I’m screwed.”

In the eyes of everyone else, his shamed shoulders and his sudden outbursts were taken as anger.

‘Did I say something wrong? Was there anything to touch that temper?’’

‘I don’t know where it went wrong. But what can we do if we lose a day when we are born?’

Because he’s older than me.

“Come with me, Julien!”

Julien hastened his horse.

***

It was sunny today.

After the theology class, I ran away from Carol, whose management class was added.

“Why are management classes added? What kind of change is in your mind? You’re not supposed to be the one who touches on Carol’s education.” I asked Madame DeJoue, accepting the flower the gardener picked.

The pretty flowers had risen in the midst of the water.

“Well, why don’t you ask him yourself?”

“That’s a little. If I keep looking at you, I’m afraid I have too much compassion. That’s no good. Carol will probably tell me. She’s gotten quite close to Uncle lately.”

“So, are you upset?”

“No, I’m thinking it’s good. Carol needs a parent.”

“You’re old enough to need your parents.”

I accepted another flower from the gardener and gave a wink to Madame DeJoue, who followed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

917K 22.1K 43
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
797K 38.2K 26
1950s. ***Story contains mature scenes and Hindi phrases which are not translated in english*** Abhigyan Singh, a Sarpanch of the village named 'Tara...
2.7M 60.5K 81
Diana is an 18 year old girl about to start her senior year until she bumps into a woman at the bookstore who has quite the personality. The woman ta...
827K 53.9K 57
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...