🍁 Chapter 27

I was a little nervous.

So nervous that I couldn’t hear what the prince, who was sticking close to me as we danced, said.

“Sharon. Sharon!”

Eventually, the prince raised his whispering in my ears to a shout. I opened my eyes wide.

“You really can’t dance.”

At Julien’s words, I looked down.

What?

I was currently dancing like I was floating in the sky.[1]

I descended to the ground quickly enough to make a tapping sound. The wrinkle on the prince’s forehead smoothed out.

"Sorry. I’m a little unfamiliar with dancing.”

"A little? Not a lot?"

His mischievous face as he asked me was so sweet that I felt even more sorry.

"I said I’m sorry. It’s because this is my first time dancing.”

The prince’s lovely lips curled in a long arc. His face approached closer to my ears. I was so shocked that I tipped my head back, but Julien quickly wrapped his arm around my waist to pull me back.

W, what a surprise! Why are kids like this these days?!

Then, he whispered in my ear.

"Then, I’m the first person to dance with you, hmm? All right. It’s an honor, Lady Sharon.”

I was offended by how satisfied he sounded.

"Are you laughing at me now? Since this is my first time?”

I raised him, and now he was treating me like this.

“…Sharon.”

I felt a little resentful at the face of the prince, who uttered my name while looking bewildered.

The reason I was so nervous I could die right now was that Julien’s engagement with Carol might not be successful.

I was going out of my mind trying to figure out when the engagement would be announced.

"What do you know?!"

“…Right back at you. What do you know?”

The prince’s sigh tickled my bangs.

I felt it again.

When I first saw him, he was shorter than me, but he grew up a lot.

After digging the ground with my heels and tensing my body, I guess I was thinking too many useless thoughts.

“You don’t think I can tell when you’re laughing at me.”

"Yeah."

As if he didn’t want to talk, the prince curtly, then slowed down his movements as the music ended.

“Go and play with Carol.”

"I don’t have any friends anyway."

“…Why aren’t you counting me? Anyway, I think I have to be with my mother today, so stick with Carol. Okay?"

I nodded as this child started to treat me like a child.

Kids usually tend to think that they are adults when they become a little older.

I, as a real adult, should be patient.

Besides, they got engaged before me… And will be married… Hohoho.

T K H COn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara