🍁 Chapter 47.1

Meanwhile, Julien took a deep breath and quelled the questions that wanted to spill out.

‘Do you like long hair?’

'Do you like brunettes? Brown eyes?’

'Do you like people who can make pretty laces?’

Julien couldn’t speak since Carol would think him pathetic, but he couldn’t stop his thoughts, either.

It was the first time Sharon had expressed her preferences, and it made him worry.

He was ready to do whatever Sharon wanted, but Sharon only spoke about things he couldn’t change.

He thought that his heart would stop back then. He even thought to find and implore the one and only black magic practitioner in the world.

Please, make him a woman!

“What is it?”

Sharon asked. Julien had called her name, but he had gone silent. Julien sighed.

Sharon didn’t see it, even though she had been monopolizing all his time these days.

No matter how much Julien appealed to her inner feelings, Sharon did not budge. It was like a mithril shield, impenetrable even by magic.

Julien swept his hand through his hair to control his quaking heart.

That man named Huran she met not long ago, and the woman Sharen confessed was her type, too.

It all made him nervous.

And of course, what frightened him the most was Sharon, who did not recognize him.

Julien was full of emotions now. And instead of asking his pitiful questions, he gambled his overflowing sincerity.

No one could guess how Sharon would react.

“….I like you.“

***

Did I hear wrong?

“I really like you.”

My jaw dropped.

Was he talking to me?

Not Carol?

My head started to churn violently to parse what the crown prince was saying.

The word “like” has many meanings.

'Like’ was often used in a more extensive sense than the word 'love.’ Food you like, your favorite books, songs you enjoy.

'Like’ was used to measure preferences.

It was also often used to show affection between friends.

Of course, it was also a common word used by lovers.

Thus, the relationship between me and the crown prince could be described as liking each other.

If I had to say how I felt about him, I would say that I liked him.

That was why.

That was what is was.

Julien was talking to me in that sense.

Carol was right beside us; there was no way that Julien would tell me that he likes me as the opposite sex.

I was just a supporting character in this world, a passing breeze, so how could I get emotionally involved with a protagonist?

Besides, I wasn’t even from this world.