🍁 Chapter 50

“It’s enough for me because I have Madame DeJoue.”

“Oh, my. Where did you get those kind words from?”

“Of course, from you, Madame DeJoue.”

Madame DeJoue laughed pleasantly at what I said.

“Why are you holding the flowers yourself?” The maids are here too. Do you want me to hold it for you?”

I shook my head at Madame DeJoue’s suggestion. I was holding it myself because it had a sweet scent that made me feel good.

It was a flower to decorate my Carol’s and Mine’s room.

“I want to hold it myself.”

“Oh, my lady. Such stubbornness.”

It was confirmed that the only person around Madame DeJoue was a gardener, so Madame DeJoue came close to me and whispered little by little.

“Your Highness, the Crown Prince, left for a border inspection this morning. The letter will arrive around tomorrow.”

“You mean, you don’t have to ask this week?”

“Yes. It’s probably something similar. Anyway, as always, we planted mercenaries around your Highness.”

“Good job, Madam.”

As the Crown Prince began to mingle with the Order, mercenaries were planted around him under the order of Sharon. Just in case.

In addition to going hunting, there are more than 10 mercenaries who follow the Crown Prince as soon as he leaves the palace.

“And your golden bird safely left the capital.”

I hesitated.

The golden bird was the word that mercenaries used to refer to the crown prince.

My golden bird.

Could the Crown Prince be my man? No. The Crown Prince was soon married to Carol.

My heart was twisted. I had an upset stomach.

Come on, stop acting like an amateur! Don’t be stupid.

Let’s not waste our strength for what is expected anyway.

I didn’t open my mouth until I was sure my voice would be clear.

“My golden bird. Carol will be disappointed if she hears that.”

“…… I don’t think so.”

“No matter how nice she is, that’s not true.”

“I don’t think that’s it.”

“Why! What’s wrong with Carol?”

“You’re even more upset because the matter concerns her.”

“··· I have nothing to refute”

I gave up correcting Madame DeJoue’s words.

“The flowers are so pretty. Right?”

“Yes, miss.”

I talked to the smiling gardener. Madame DeJoue, who snorted behind me, ignored it.

It was fun!

***

Was it because it was a good day today? Today’s nightmares were a little bit more brutal, more terrible.

“Huck. Huck.”

I found cold water, drank it up, and wiped the sweat off my forehead.

The Crown Prince was limping in my dream and painting the darkness with blood.