🍁 Chapter 44

“It doesn’t matter to me,” Madame DeJoue said.

“Good. Then I’ll register the group under Madame DeJoue’s name.”

“I assume you know that it’ll take at least one month to officially register the group?”

"Yes. During the month, please prepare to buy and sell the magic stones.”
“Understood."

Huran wrapped up our conversation and marked the ending of our lengthy meeting with his long hand.

He sorted his papers and placed them in his bag. Then, he took a sip of the lukewarm tea and said,

“By the way, Lady Sharon. I have a question.”

"Yes, Huran? Go ahead."

"Why are you trying to snipe the first consort’s business? The first consort is a vicious person, and she wouldn’t stand still. There are many other businesses you could develop, so why magic stones?"

I smiled as prettily as I could to make myself look like a lovely villainess.

“I’m going to take down the first consort. And make her very desperate and miserable.”

"What…?"

“It’s because she’ll be the biggest obstacle in the crown prince’s way. And I am the prince’s biggest supporter."

Madame DeJoue nagged at me not to reveal my intentions.

“It’s just to Huran,” I said.

Only Madame DeJoue, Huran, and I were in the parlor.

"Have you heard that birds listen during the day, and mice listen at night?"

"All right. I won’t speak carelessly next time.”

I raised my hands in surrender before she nagged me more. To change the topic, I looked at the clock and noticed the hour hand had drifted toward lunchtime.

“Huran, are you hungry? Eat lunch before you go."

"Oh. Thank you."

We were tidying up the parlor when an uninvited guest paid a call.

"Lady Sharon, this is Anna.”

"Yes, come on in."

With my permission, the door opened, and Anna came in. Anna blushed and stuttered,

"Uh. There. Lady Sharon! The c-crown prince came to visit.”

“Julien did…?”

Why was he coming without sending word, these days? Did something happen?

"Ah. Where is he now?"

"That’s…"

Anna shifted and stepped aside. The prince revealed himself from behind the door.

"You’re not going to kick me out without lunch just because I came spontaneously, are you?"

Was it just me, or did Julien’s tone sound off?

Even though he was clearly addressing me, his gaze was nailed to Huran.

"Lunch? Sure. Let’s eat together."

I answered positively and tried to get him to look back at me, but I failed.

"Right. I’m hungry because I was on my way back from hunting monsters.”