Selenophile

By dont_mind_me_28

The story of Pandora Lestrange and Regulus Black. CW - Death - Miscarriage - Torture More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 11

2.5K 78 13
By dont_mind_me_28

1978

That year, Sirius, Remus, James, Peter, Lily, and even Xenophilius Lovegood graduated from Hogwarts, and Pandora went into her final year of school feeling as alone as ever.

"Stay here alright?" Regulus said, lifting her trunk onto the storage rack in the compartment.

"You're not sitting with me?" Pandora asked.

"Sorry, my Dear," Regulus kissed her head, "the group is waiting for me."

"Of course," Pandora smiled.

"I'll see you later," Regulus said, closing the door behind him.

Pandora's smile faded and was replaced with a frown. The group. That's what Regulus called the gang of Death Eaters at Hogwarts, and as a seventh year, he was now looked up to as a leader.

It had been that way the entire summer, with the war getting bigger and bigger each day, Regulus was insistent on keeping Pandora as far away from the war as possible. Unfortunately, that also meant he was far away from her the majority of the time.

She twisted the engagement ring on her finger, it had become and anxious habit...reminding her that the war would end one day, they'd be married, start a family, and grow old together. Things would be like they always should've been. Just Pandora and Regulus, no war, no death, just the two of them.

She sighed, and leaned against the window, watching London quickly pass by.

"Are you alone?" A girl who looked about a year or two younger poked her head inside the compartment.

"Yeah," Pandora said.

"Mind if I sit?" She asked.

"Sure," Pandora smiled, "I'm Pandora."

"Adora," the girl smiled, "Adora Fawley, I recognize you...seventh year Slytherin right? You're seeing Regulus Black?"

Pandora nodded.

"Bugger, you must be all sorts of messed up in this war then," Adora frowned.

"Regulus keeps me out of it for the most part," Pandora said, "but it's only time until...."

Adora nodded understandingly, "is that why you're all alone? I figured Regulus would be with you."

Pandora nodded, "what about you?"

"My mates," Adora sighed sadly, "the twins—Raj and Aditi Patil—graduated last term, and the others...well it wasn't exactly safe for them to return this year."

Pandora nodded understandingly, "muggleborn?" She asked.

Adora nodded, "most of them, yeah."

"And what house are you in?" Pandora asked.

"Oh! Right!" Adora's eyes widened, "I'm sorry, I've totally forgotten how to properly introduce myself, I'm a Hufflepuff, sixth year."

"Nice to meet you," Pandora said.

"Likewise!" Adora chirped, "how was your summer?"

"Dull," Pandora said, "I mainly planned my wedding...there wasn't much else to do."

"Your wedding?" Adora squealed, "when is it? Do you have a ring? Can I see it?"

Pandora laughed lightly, extending her hand for the Hufflepuff to see.

"Our wedding is August 1st," she smiled, "right after we graduate."

"Oh, how lovely," Adora smiled, "something to look forward to in these dark times."

"Yeah," Pandora smiled, "I can't wait to marry him."

"I can't believe you're speaking of marriage!" Adora smiled, "I couldn't ever be wed as young as we are, I'm much too immature."

"I've never once thought to wait," Pandora said, "I suppose it's just tradition, after all, I've practically been betrothed to Regulus since I was born. I've had more than enough time to prepare."

"Do you resent the idea?" Adora asked, "of an arranged marriage I mean?"

"I suppose I would," Pandora said thoughtfully, "if it were anyone else, however, I love Regulus, so I'm actually quite grateful, are you betrothed?"

"Oh, no," Adora giggled, "I am the result of an arranged marriage and my parents despise each other. They cannot agree on anything except the fact that I'll be able to chose who I wed. I don't think they wanted what happened to them to happen to me."

"There's was no real love between my parents either," Pandora said, "but my father died a few years ago, and my mother and I can't stand each other."

"That's too bad," Adora said, "I'm sorry."

"Don't be," Pandora smiled softly, playing with the delicate necklace that was always around her neck, "it's in the past now."

"Do you have any siblings?" Adora asked, "I've got one, my little brother, Sullivan, he's a fourth year— Ravenclaw."

"I have two..." Pandora said, "brothers, I mean, they're both older, Rodolphus and Rabastan...and I suppose Bellatrix is my sister-in-law."

"I've always wanted a sister," Adora sighed, "it's such a shame, but I do love my brother, even though he drives me mad, I bet you can relate."

"Oh, I don't know," Pandora smiled, "my brothers are much older than me, we never fought much."

"Oh, I see," Adora said, digging in her bag, "licorice?"

"We're at Hogwarts," Pandora said a few hours later, shaking the blonde across from her awake.

"Are we really?" Adora yawned, "sorry, must've fallen asleep on you."

"Don't worry about it," Pandora said, "go and put on your robes."

"Oh, right," Adora groaned, opening her trunk.

"Pandora?" The door slid open and Regulus stepped inside.

He regarded Adora with a hesitant glance, "who is this?"

Adora turned around and offered her hand, "Adora Fawley, pleasure to meet you."

"Fawley," Regulus nodded, shaking her hand, "a respectable name."

"Not as respectable as Black," Adora chuckled, "I'm so sorry to run but I've got to go put on my uniform, it was nice to meet you, and I'll see you later Pandora!"

"Bye!" Pandora waved, watching the tall girl push through people to get to the restroom.

"Ready?" Regulus asked, offering his hand.

"Yeah," Pandora laced her fingers with his, "come, all the good carriages are going to be gone."

"How was your ride?" Regulus asked, helping her into a carriage.

"Fine, thanks," Pandora said, "and how was yours?"

"I would've much rather been with you," Regulus whispered, kissing her hand.

"But you weren't," Pandora snapped. Her eyes immediately widened and a hand shot to her mouth, "I'm so sorry, Reg, you know I don't mean it."

"On the contraire, Dora, I know that's exactly what you meant," he said with a sigh and a sad smile.

"I'm sorry." She said.

Regulus placed an arm over her shoulder, resting his cheek on her head, "no, Pandora, I'm sorry, I know this is not the life you would've chose."

"No, it is not," Pandora said plainly, "but I'd chose it over and over again if it meant I could be with you. Anything we do we do together."

"I love you," Regulus breathed, "for as long as I live, it's funny to think our love was merely a business agreement."

"We had and arranged betrothal, Regulus," Pandora giggled, "not an arranged love...that was merely coincidental."

"Oh, I don't know about that," Regulus laughed, "I would've had to be mad not to fall helplessly in love with you...so coincidental, no, inevitable? Maybe?"

"Inevitable, then," Pandora agreed, "promise me we'll be like this forever?"

"I promise." Regulus whispered.

Some promises were meant to be broken.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

358 30 16
Elvira Snape. The Woman full of secrets she was born to keep was blessed with a child born to suffer. Cora A. Black. A girl who lived with her uncle...
174K 4.1K 35
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐮𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐮𝐥𝐮𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐬 ... 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐣𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐚 𝐭𝐰𝐢�...
861 53 14
The Life of Regulus Black. (And honestly a lot of Sirius too) Follow Regulus through the days in Grimmauld place to his life at Hogwarts. See the ten...