Born to Kill

By gabby_eliza

Collins Eastman was born a werewolf. Her parents were killed when she was young, and all she can think about... More

One (Part 1)
One (Part 2)
Two (Part 2)
Three (Part 1)
Three (Part 2)
Four (Part 1)
Four (Part 2)
Five (Part 1)
Five (Part 2)
Six (Part 1)
Six (Part 2)
Seven (Part 1)
Seven (Part 2)
Eight (Part 1)
Eight (Part 2)
Nine (Part 1)
Nine (Part 2)
Ten (Part 1)
Ten (Part 2)
Eleven (Part 1)
Eleven (Part 2)

Two (Part 1)

6.4K 190 20
By gabby_eliza

Collins

I breath heavily. The wolfsbane I had been injected before wearing off. Wolfsbane can kill an alpha, but given a certain amount, no more no less, it just dulls down the werewolf inside. So none of those new kids could sense I'm the actual Alpha Killer, I had to take some.

I let a breath out as I feel the last bit drain out. I take a bite of the apple I was eating before it started getting out of my system. I'm not on the toilet FYI. Wolfsbane leaks out your skin. Like a frog almost.

Jack comes in and sits next to me. I continue my magazine. "Party is in a couple hours." He says grabbing my apple and eating. I take a breath and look at him annoyed.

"Can I help you?" I ask.

He nods taking a bite. Still chewing he says, "You have to go upstairs because Noah's sister is waiting." He looks up at me. I sigh. I stand up and smack the apple out of his hands before I leave.

He doesn't mumble bitch like I know he wants to, because I'm in a vulnerable state. I hate getting dressed and throwing parties. Hate. It. I don't know why I suggested it. It was stupid. That's it. That's what it was. Not a huge rant like I was going to make.

I climb the stairs and open the door to my room. Noah's sister Sam is in fact sitting in my room with a bunch of every piece of makeup and clothing she owns. She smiles at me as I step in. I roll my eyes and slam the door, preparing for the torture.

|_|-|_|-|_|

The wolfsbane hurts at first, but then I feel almost human. With nothing special about me at all. I step out of my room. Jack and I were going to be entering together. The lie was my brother and father were away on business.

I've always told lies. Even when I attend the other school. I couldn't let the teachers that were werewolves know. I'd have to kill them.

"You look beautiful." Jack says to me. The dress is blood red. It's sleeveless and it flows out like a silk wedding dress. It has a slight poof. But not much. It was a ball gown made for the Killer of Alphas.

"You look good too." I tell him. And he does. Like, those models or those boys on Instagram that are like, 'when boys dress like this' or whatever.

I'm not attracted to Jack. I couldn't be. He's not my mate. He's my best friend, just like Noah. Jack is 160 pounds of pure muscle. Noah is 127 pounds of skin and bone. Jack is a fighter. Noah is a sarcastic bitch. I'm hoping that my mate is a little bit of both; makes the killing all the more exciting.

Jack leads me downstairs. The ballroom is a totally different building. But, of course it looks like it's our pack house. It's on the property, but it's far enough away that if someone attacked it, we'd be able to know and handle it with out getting hurt.

We take a car to the ballroom. It's weird saying that. Like, it's actually a huge building. But, it's only a ballroom. The interior is bright. Crystal chandelier. The walls and floors look gold. It's bright, but not bright enough where it feels like you're looking at fluorescent lighting.

When we reach the building, Jack helps me out. We walk through the back door and take the elevator up to the second floor, so we can enter regally.

It was almost like a set. The parts you weren't seeing in the movie were kinda un-built and ugly. My heels clacked against the floor. I was almost as tall as Jack. Almost.

Jack takes the first exit that will lead him to one side, as I walk down the long hall to the other.

Okay let's sum this up. You've seen Beauty and the Beast right? Okay well, the staircase and ballroom, are modeled to look like that movie. Good? Okay.

There was a clear of the throat and it was quiet. There hadn't been much talking before, everyone was probably scared. I would be. Oh, wait.

The announcer calls, "Beta Jack Reynolds." There's a soft clap. I can see through the curtains that cover the door, a glimpse of Jack. Who, I'm sure probably stands out.

"And due to the fact that neither the Alpha, nor his heir being here tonight, his daughter takes his place. Collins Eastman." I open the curtains with my left hand, so the suspense kills the crowd. When I let it drop, I think I hear a few gasps. And that's without my werewolf hearing and my sucky human hearing. Jack starts the descent first, and I follow. Jack reaches the bottom first, and then I do. He holds out his arm to me and I place mine over his. He places his hand over mine and we turn to the crowd. There's not a lot of people here. Alphas and their mates. Maybe a few Betas. The more the merrier.

We descend the stairs, looking everyone over and memorizing their faces. Nobody here looks guilty, but an Alpha who did kill my parents must have learned to hide emotions. I would.

I can't read anything on anyones face. Well, except fear.

I look to the back of the room where two men are entering. By men, I mean boys my age. It's those kids from school. Alexander, and Karter. The boys who's pack was almost tied population with mine. I want to visit them first.

When we reach the bottom of the stairs, I untangle my arm from Jacks. He watches as I step forward. People clear a path for me. I slow my step. I turn to everyone. "I don't bite. Have a good time." I say. Music starts, and it only takes a few minutes for everyone to be talking and some are laughing. It's just a party. The Alpha Killer isn't here. His daughter is. I continue to Alex.

I smile as I approach him. "Nice to see you." I say.

"You as well." He says. He seems a little off.

"Is everything okay?" I ask. He nods. Karter rolls his eyes. I raise my eyebrows at Karter. "Are you sure?" I ask.

"Is Noah here?" Karter asks nervously, looking around. I'm a little taken back.

"Noah?" I ask again. Why is he asking about Noah? "No." I say.
Disappointment falls over his face. "Do you want me to get him?" I ask. He looks at me eagerly.

"Could you?"

I nod. I excuse myself and walk around, watching everyone. I mind link Noah, that Karter kid wants to see you.

He's here!

What's the big deal?

Collins, I think he's my mate.

...you're gay? That explains a lot.

Do you think I should dress up?

I think you're not gonna find anything that fits. Just, wear a button up and some khakis. No big deal. You're an Omega. You don't want attention anyway.

Thanks.

I'm cut off when someone touches my arm. It's Alex. I can't help but be attracted to Alex. He was perfect. I smiled and he smiled back.

"I'm sorry about Karter." He says. I knit my eyebrows together, confused.

"Why?" I ask. "He just wanted to see his mate, I don't mind helping out." I say. His eyes widen.

"Oh- well...I," he fumbles to say something. I laugh a little and he lets out a breath. "I actually, just wanted an excuse to come talk to you."

There were butterflies in my stomach. Like, what even was this. I'd had crushes before. But I had never been as whipped as I am now. Whipped. Holy crap, I don't even know this kid, and I'm whipped.

But, wait I do know this kid. He's, he's the Alpha of a pack who's population is getting bigger than mine.

He continued to talk, and sometimes I'd say something to respond. But, my mind was totally not into it.

This boy who has me whipped is the Alpha of a pack, larger than mine. Where is his pack? I generally only kill alphas who have a territory next to mine. So, when I kill their Alpha, their territory and people become mine.

But that's the weird thing. They stay in their land and houses, but they're my pack. At first they're afraid. But, then they like the safety and protection of what I do. I make sure murders of innocent people, are taken care of.

Plus, smaller packs join and realize they will never be harmed.

Where was Alex's pack?

I have land that covers almost all of the state. But, you know. It's a pretty big state. My pack is maybe the size of ... Wyoming. But, you know I live in Montana so, like I said, I have a pretty big pack. But Alex, oh my god he owns Wyoming. He like, owns the whole state.

My initial pack lived on the border. It still does, but only like, the drive way and house. The land and the apartments and the rest of my pack that I killed for live in Montana. So, technically I live in Wyoming, so I go to school with Alex cause hey guess what, he lives near me. Our packs touch.

I'm totally zoned out now.

Alex's pack had always been next to mine. I just, didn't think to take it over. How am I supposed to take over his pack that's the size of mine? Okay wait, I don't. I just have to take over Alex.

"Hello?" I look at the person speaking to me.

"Sorry what?" I ask. Alex has a look of concern.

"You, zoned out for a really long time there, you okay?" He ask. He's holding two flutes of champagne and hands one to me. I take it.

I liked that he was worried about me. But I couldn't be. My plan had to start now. I have to get inside the head of this boy.

I've been on Alpha killing missions before. Some, are weak enough I just sneak in and kill em. Others, like Alex. Will have to be messed with.

I smile the smile I rehearsed to perfection. I hold up my flute. "I'm fine," and I take a sip. It's a smile I've been told by other young alphas is contagious. Of course, that was before I killed them.

"Good," he smiles like everyone I smile at and takes his own sip. "That's good to hear."

I'm not sure how to respond to that. Do I say thank you? Do I start another conversation? What do I say?

"So, Westbrook? What did you think?" He asks, changing the topic. I mentally sigh in relief.

"Well, I'm not going to lie, I like Hanning more." I tell him.

"It's only the first day." He says. I nod.

"It is only the first day, you're right." I agree.

"Do you play any sports?" He asks.

"No," I say brushing hair out of my face with the hand holding the flute. "I don't really have time for sports." I'm too busy killing and planning murder. "What about you?" I ask.

"I play soccer, hockey and baseball." He says.

"I thought of you more as a lacrosse player." I tell him honestly. He nods. "And a football player." He shrugs taking a sip. "And a basketball player." I laugh, at this point just adding.

"Yeah, I used to play all those sports but, I like the ones I'm playing now more." He explains.

"Cool. You've had tryouts?" I ask raising the flute to my lips and pausing before taking a sip. He raises an eyebrow.

"You trying out for the team?" He asks.

"No. Gosh no. But I have two friends who play soccer and I used to be the manager for their teams." I tell him. It wasn't a lie. I mostly didn't play sports cause I wasn't a very athletic person. Now let's get something straight. Being fit and being athletic are not the same. But I loved watching them. If I was athletic and not busy with killing people, I would definitely play.

"Are they going to try out?" He asks.

"They were planning on it, yeah." I say. "But you probably already have a manager so, I don't know what I'll do with the extra time." I say.

"Actually," he drags out a little. "Our last manager graduated last year so, the spot is open." He grins.

"Varsity?" I ask. He nods.

"One and only." He chuckles. I nod.

"I'll definitely be coming out." I say. I took it the wrong way but he didn't.

"You just, have to be able to help with drills and such." He explains the protocol rotating the wrist holding the champagne a little.

"Oh," I say a little loud. "I know how to play soccer. I'm actually very good. I'm just, not a big fan of running and I usually have stupid Alpha daughter things to do such as," I say, lying through my teeth and gesturing around me with the flute hand. "Hosting parties." I say. He nods.

"I understand. I only got named Alpha last night so, I want to see my paperwork before I try out." He nods looking at my eyes. It's kinda weird. This entire time he hasn't look away from my eyes. I respect people who believe in eye contact, but I as a person can't do eye contact for a long time. It's just weird and I can't do it.

"You should do it anyway," I tell him. He cocks his head to the side. "Jack is one of the people who do it and he always has a blast. It takes his mind off of important stuff." I say sipping from my flute. "Everyone has to have a little fun." I tell him after I swallow.

He licks his lips, studying me. "You're right." He says. I'm absolutely memorized by him. He's such a perfect human being. He just looks spectacular.

Collins. Jack says through our mind link. I continue to smile and stare at Alex and he does the same.

Buzz off. I tell Jack.

We have a problem.

It can wait.

It involves Noah.

I snap out of my trance staring at Alex. I don't like when there's a problem, especially when my friends are involved. "I have to excuse myself, I'm sorry." I tell him. He nods, understanding. I begin to walk away, placing my almost empty flute on an empty tray walking by.

Where are you?

In the backroom.

I make my way through the crowd to the backroom. A place that is mostly used for sex. Designed for business deals I think.

I open the door without knocking. Noah sits on one of the chairs with his head in his hands. Jack is sitting on the desk, chewing he thumb nail, looking absolutely horrified. I close the door and Jack looks up at me.

Thank god I didn't know what to do. He mind links. Most likely so he doesn't upset Noah.

What happened? I ask reaching for a chair and pulling it towards me.

Karter. Is all Jack needs to say for me to understand. I nod. I pull the chair so it sits in front of Noah and I sit.

What happened? I mind link Noah separately in case he doesn't want Jack hearing.

"I thought he was my mate." Noah says, and I realize he's crying. "He had the scent and everything. And the Sparks and I hated seeing him with someone else."

"But..." I trail off.

"But when I went to talk to him, this blond bimbo who must be a date or a daughter came up and whispered something to him. In a poof he was gone. And so was the connection to him as my mate." He sobs. I know better than to touch him.

"So you're not gay." I shrug. He looks up at me and Jack looks at me with a what-the-hell-are-you-doing look. "Not a big deal. It was a false mate. Happens all the time. Not the end of the world. I mean, imagine how much happier you'll be when you meet you're real mate. It'll be for real and forever."I say. He smiles and nods. Jack lets out a breath and I smile at him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

274K 7.8K 22
Kaden is the alpha of the Fear pack.Some say he's the scariest alpha ever. rumors spread saying that he kills women's children right in front of them...
1.3M 9.5K 11
Avery Williams - a regular pack member. Trent Denver - the alpha. They don't get along, her being too hard-headed and him believing whatever he says...
28.7M 880K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...
2.4M 76.3K 57
- Although this story is being rewritten, there won't major changes to the story just the grammar and the structure. It is safe to read!- * Amma Ma...