The Royal Arrangement

By anamika200

Jai Singh Rathore is the prince of Ajmer. Even though the monarchy is no longer at play in India, Royalties d... More

Brief Background
Chapter 1: The Meeting
Chapter 2: Who is she?
Chapter 3: Again So Soon!?
Chapter 4: Clumsiness and Cuteness Together is a Killer
Chapter 5: No More Embarrassment Please
Chapter 6: Start of Something New
Chapter 7: Talk about exiting in all Swag
Chapter 8: She swagged off
Note
Chapter 9: He is such a big...
Chapter 10: Forgive Me
Chapter 11: In for a Surprise
Chapter 12: What are you?
Chapter 13: Best Sleep Ever
Chapter 14: Keep Your Hands Off
Chapter 15: I am not jealous
Chapter 16: The Dress
Chapter 17: One Step Closer
Chapter 18: Fiancee?!
Chapter 19: You are the one for me
Chapter 20: All over the place
#IMPORTANT#
Chapter 21: Remember this Universal Formula
Chapter 22: Permission!
Chapter 23: Inappropriate Suitors
Chapter 24: Back Home
Note
Chapter 25: Another Party, Another Suitor
Chapter 26: This is it
Chapter 27: New Day, New Beginnings
Chapter 28: Eating and Teasing
Chapter 29: Tricks and Treats
Chapter 30: First Date with Miss Sarcastic
Chapter 31: The Day of the Engagement
Chapter 32: The Surprise
Chapter 33: Midnight Conversations
Chapter 34: My Lioness!
Chapter 35: Surprise Meeting
Chapter 36: Knocked Off
Chapter 37: Oh Boy!
Chapter 38: The Marriage
Chapter 39: Post Wedding Rituals
Chapter 40: Sassy Mornings
Chapter 41: First Fight
Chapter 42: Marital Bliss
Chapter 43: First move
Chapter 44: I Like You Too
Chapter 45: Celebrations
Chapter 46: I Love You
Chapter 47: Revelations, Hurt and Confessions
Chapter 48: Rendezvous
Chapter 49: Love & Jealousy
Chapter 50: This is it
#Maira's Pregnancy Bonus#
New Story Announcement
COMPLETED

Epilogue

8.9K 254 29
By anamika200

Maira's POV:

The past one and a half year has flown by very quickly. My married life has been... Interesting, I guess. I mean you don't find couples who argue over things like Jai and I do but you also won't find people who make up as quickly as we do.

I am yet on another work trip, leaving a pouty husband behind. Jai has made it a point to keep tabs on my eating every time I am not at home and as much as I appreciate his concern, I sometimes honestly don't feel like eating and so I have to trick my way out which is usually going and sitting into a restaurant and sending the bodyguards for their break while telling Jai I ate and he can confirm it from his oh-so-loyal-bodyguards. I have a feeling he knows that I lie to him sometimes, but he lets it go knowing I am sure to look after myself now especially after the last episode, if eating is the way to no injections then be it. Although, for past few days I have had few episodes of puking all thanks to my craving of street food which I agree might be unhygienic sometimes but you cannot deny they taste better than Michelin Star restaurants.

I am just packing from my work and suddenly I experience terrible headache, so much so that I have to lay down and close my eyes. Damn it! I just has some road side golgappas last night and coffee in the morning. Look again, I know roadside food are not the most hygienic ones, but the roadside golgappas cannot be compared to the restaurant ones, nope.

I look at time and realise I need to leave in an hour for the settlement meeting. Today is probably the last meeting and then I can go back home tomorrow. I hope my headache subsides before I reach the office of our opposition, or else I am sure to have a lot of problem there. I will have to ask my junior to handle the deposition which I don't want. I immediately pop down an advil to help with the pain while getting up and keeping all the stuff I might need.

I then lay down for some more time before getting up and getting ready in a pair of black pants, white shirt and black blazer. I take my bag and leave the hotel room. Reaching the office of the other company, we lay down the terms of our negotiation backing it up by the further costs they might have to incur if they decide to take the case to the court instead of settling it right there. The opposition seems to be conflicted but realising they don't have much of a choice, agree to our negotiations only with few minor changes that we didn't mind. Assuring them that they would get the paper work in next day or two, I leave the place and return to my hotel room.

I am in the lobby and am making my way towards the room, when I hear a familiar voice reaching my ears.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Ms. I-am-too-good-for-you." I turn around to see the person, who wanted to marry me just because of my father's money and thinks he is oh-so-cool.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Mr. I-live-off-of-my-father's-money." I say in a equal sarcastic voice.

"Ummm...Ms. Maira Kapoor, right?"

"Wrong, it's Mrs. Maira Jai Singh Rathore." I say putting on the most fake smile I can.

"Ah, you got married then."

"Alas, I did. And you are.... Ishaan?"

"Nishant." He corrects me.

"Oh, sorry. I don't remember male chauvinists."

"So, what does your husband do? I am pretty sure he must be some ugly working class type, seeing no upper class men must be able to tolerate your behaviour."

Before I can answer, I hear another familiar voice booming from behind me. "You are actually right, I am from working class, because I do earn by working my ass off." I turn around to see Jai making his way towards me. He comes and stands next to me, with his hand over my waist before continuing. "As for ugly, I don't think of anyone as ugly, even you with that filthy mouth of yours."

"Let me tell you, he is just with you for your money, like you accused me of like last time, guess what that's the kind of person you got. Because no person would want to be with that big mouth of yours without any incentive." Nishant tells me. This makes my blood boil.

"You know what, Mr. I-am-above-you-peasants, Jai is Prince of Ajmer, and so I suggest you talk properly to him. He also has a booming name in hospitality business, Royal Regal chains, I am sure you must have heard. Oh, my bad! A guy like you, who is interested in adventures and thinks of work and marriage as burden and responsibilities wouldn't be too aware of business world. Also, you know the best part, he isn't chauvinist pig like you or a narcissist for that matter. Al-"

"Okay, I think we should go. We have places to be, right Maira?" Jai cuts me off and I give him a side glare.

"I am sure, you guys must be very busy. Just one thing, Maira did you say no to me just so you can catch the biggest fish in the sea?" The audacity of this guy.

"Actually, no. I rejected you because the biggest shark in the ocean already wanted to be caught by me. Also, I usually charge for advices but since I don't accept pennies, I will give you one for free. Always mind your own business and you shall succeed in life and might not have to make a fool of yourself. Now, excuse us please." I say before allowing Jai to drag me from there.

"You do know, you could've just ignored him. There was no need to argue with someone like him. "

"No one and I mean no one gets to insult my husband in front of me and get away with it." I say loud enough and with my head held high. Jai lets out a laugh.

"Bug, you cannot have everyone shut their mouths."

"Well, I can when they are spewing nonsense in front of me atleast."

"I don't care what pricks like him think of me. They don't matter to us."

"Well, I don't give a damn about who he is or what kind of a person he is. All I know is, no one gets away after insulting my husband in front of me." It was then I realise that Jai has brought me to the restaurant and is making his way to a table along with me.

We settle on a table and I suddenly realise something. "What are you doing here?" I furrow my eyes at him when he gives me a sheepish smile.

"Well, you see my wife hasn't been home for five days now and I was kind of missing her. I thought of surprising her but instead got shocked seeing her mama bear side for me."

"Hawwww... I am not a mama bear. I fought for you and this is what you call me?" I say jutting out my lower lip slightly.

"Well, my possessive wife is my new favourite, well she just lies in the category of my jealous wife that has contended and stood in first place for a long time, especially after last time." I put my hands over my face remembering the last encounter with one of Jai's many female fans.

"Don't remind me. I knew I might have overstepped a bit but she was stroking your arms and standing too close to you. And you also weren't moving back from that evil witch. You know, I shouldn't have said anything to her instead I should have grabbed you by your ear and dragged you out of there."

"Bug, don't say that. You know I tried getting away from her and it was only after my pleading looks that you intervened."

"But you could have just started shouting for help when she kept on getting more and more touchy with you."

"Bug, you do realise it doesn't seem like a nice idea for me to start shouting in the formal party hall just like that, especially when I know that my knight in black court is there to protect me." He says winking at me. Letting out a huff I look at his cute face before deciding to let my anger dissipate.

"So, what do you wanna have?" Jai asks me looking through the menu. I look down in my own and the idea of food is making me wanna puke at this point. It's like when you haven't had anything for a very long time and then when you get food instead of gorging it down you feel like emptying whatever you have left inside.

"Anything." I say scared that if I tell Jai I am feeling pukish , I am sure to get an earful and probably the threat of being taken to the hospital.

"What anything? Give me a name."

"Jai, order know. You already know me and my taste preference and I am not even that hungry. I had a really heavy breakfast today." I lie to him as in reality I just had coffee because even the name of food doesn't sound appealing to me. The smell in the restaurant itself is ewwwwww at this point.

Jai places the order before turning to look at me again. "Jai, did you really come here because you were missing me?" I ask him.

"Yes Maira, because you weren't sure when you were gonna be back and I just needed to see you. It had been too many days and I just couldn't stay away any longer." I can feel my eyes tearing up for some unknown reason.

"Bug, why are you crying?" He asks softly. Jai sides in the circular booth to get closer to me and puts his hand over me shoulder.

"I don't deserve you. I always make you worry about me and you always look after me and miss me when I am not with you. I mean I also miss you but you know I cannot leave my work in between and so I wasn't able to get back sooner." I say sobbing.

"I know that but why are you crying?"

"I don't know honestly." Before I can say anything the waiter comes in and places our food before leaving again. The smell of food makes me nausea and I have to place my hand over my nose to stop myself from puking then and there.

"Why have you closed your nose?"

"The smell isn't sitting well with me, it's making me want to throw up." I tell him before continuing.

"Jai, can we please leave? I don't feel too good."

"Yes, sure. Come, let's go."

"But this food?" I ask him.

"Don't worry we'll ask your two hulks to eat it. I will get it parcelled to their room only." Jai quickly instructs the waiter before we make are way to the room.

I immediately rush to the bathroom closing the door behind me and puking my guts out. There's only liquid coming out since I haven't had anything to eat yet. I brush my teeth and feel a burning sensation along my throat. Once my gag reflex calms a bit and I have clean myself, I leave the washroom to see Jai pacing around the room, looking worried.

"Why the hell did you lock the door?" He asks trying to keep his voice low.

"I was puking, didn't feel like grossing you out." I say shrugging my shoulders.

"Maira, next time I don't care what but you leave the door open. I feel terrible knowing you are not well and the door is locked. What if you faint or something?" I understand his concern but I am too cranky to be obedient.

"We'll see next time when it happens." I say nonchalantly and make my way to the bed where I lay down keeping my arm over my eyes. I feel Jai come and sit next to me, he removes my hand from over my eyes making me whine a little but he immediately replaces it by bringing his hand to my hair and massaging it softly.

"Maira, let's go to-"

"Don't even talk about a doctor or else I am making you stay in another room." I almost scream at him, almost. My phone pings and so I shift a little before looking at my phone to see some random company messages. I am about to keep the phone down when my eyes go on the date. I immediately keep my phone down as if trying to hide something.

"Jai, I am hungry but I don't want to eat anything from the restaurant here." I say looking at him innocently.

"And what is it you wanna eat madame?"

"I wanna eat something really spicy. Just thinking about spicy is making my mouth water."

"Okay but tell me atleast what you want to eat."

"Ummmm... Some golgappas and pasta."

"You do realise that's such an odd combination."

"Hawwwww, how do you even know that? Tell me where is it written. And if you don't want to get them for me, it's alright." I ask him.

"Bug, I never said that. I will go and get our food. I'll be back in sometime. Take rest." He says before pecking my forehead and leaving.

I stay on my place for five minutes before rushing outside and going to the pharmacy which is few buildings away. I get the items I need before hurrying back.

I mean, I miss my periods whenever I am too stressed or not taking proper rest so it can just be that but the nauseous and fainting is something I don't have an excuse for. I don't even know how to feel about it, what do I want the result to be. Jai and I have not talked about kids and although we aren't young, but I don't know how Jai would feel.

You stupid, atleast check what if you aren't even pregnant.

True!

I immediately take the test. I have purchased all kinds of tests and am continuously dipping the sticks and setting them on the counter. I turn on the timer and sit back, waiting for time to get over. I can feel my legs shaking in anticipation of the results and Jai's reactions. All I know is that our families are gonna be crazy happy but it is Jai's reactions I am scared about. I mean I have seen him with Riya, Aisha didi's and Trishav Jiju's daughter but having your own kid is a huge deal.

The timer goes off, I force myself to move and look down at all the tests.

Positive

+ve

Positive

Positive

Pregnant

+

Pregnant

Shit! I am gonna be a mother. I can feel tears falling from my eyes. I keep a hand over my stomach, still unable to grasp that I have a little human growing inside of me.

Am I ready for this? Are Jai and I ready for such huge step?

I throw away all the tests before Jai comes back and started thinking of ways to disclose this news to him. I know I need to tell him as soon as possible and I don't have anytime to do one of those YouTube pregnancy reveals. I am going to tell him simply and hopefully he will be okay with this. I have now changed into my black trackpants and grey t-shirt, feeling too exhausted and lazy to be into fitting clothes.

I wait for Jai to return while pacing around the room, anxious. I hear the room handle jiggling and look up to see Jai entering the room. He keeps the packet over the table before making his way towards me. He kisses me before moving back and pecking my forehead.

"I am back."

"I can very well see that, thanks to my two eyes." I say sarcastically while Jai laughs.

"Come let's eat." Unwillingly, I sit next to Jai and while he opens the food, I decide to disclose the news because I won't be able to eat anything without knowing his reaction to this.

"Jai?"

"Yeah?" He says giving me a quick side glance.

"Jaiiiiii?"

"Yes, Maira."

"Look at me now." He turn towards me laughing.

"Yes, love?"

"You know, I wanted a bun."

"A bun?"

"Yes." I nod.

"Then why didn't you ask me? I would have gotten it for you." He asks confused.

"Because there's already one in the oven."

"What?" I can see confusion looming over his face.

"I mean that Jai, are you okay with the bun that's in my oven?" I hope he gets the reference.

"Bug, what do you mean by bun in yo... Holy shit! Is it what I am thinking it is?" He asks me. His expressions unreadable.

"We are going to be parents." I say softly. Jai doesn't say anything but keeps looking at me.

"Jai, I know we didn't talk about this and we didn't want kids so soon but look we can do this. We have our fam-" I am cut of by Jai exiting the room. I look at his back while he disappears and I feel my cheeks already starting to get wet.

"I am going to become a father." I hear Jai yelling in the corridor before his footsteps come near. He closes the door before rushing to my side and pulling me by my hand and kissing the living daylights out of me.  We separate and he keeps his forehead against mine.

"I love you!"

"I love you too."

"When did you get to know?"

"I just checked it after I sent you to get food."

"I am so happy, Maira. I cannot even tell you. Thank you bug." I hug Jai tightly and as soon as he envelops me into his arms my floodgates seem to open and I can feel myself crying silently, wetting Jai's shirt. Jai pulls back and looks at my face. He wipes away the tears from my face before making me sit on the foot of the bed and kneeling down in front of me.

"What happened, love? Why are you crying?"

"I am scared." I tell him.

"But why?"

"Jai, I don't know if I am ready to be a mother. What if I am not a good mother?"

"Bug, you will be the best mother one can have, you know why?" I shake my head.

"Because you love with your full heart, you don't allow anyone to hurt your closed ones, like a mama bear and once you are attached to anyone, you are ready to do anything for them." He kisses my forehead.

"Jai, what if something bad ha-"

"Maira, this is such a good news why should we even think about anything negative?"

"Will you promise me something?" I ask him.

"What?"

"First tell me."

"Bug, first tell me what is it?"

"You will help me look after our kid. I won't be alone responsible for it."

"I promise I will be with you every step of the way while we raise this child."

"Jai, will you make one last promise?"

"What?"

"Will you clean our baby's poop?"

"What?" I can see him confused.

"Yes, I can never do that. I will vomit if I ever have to do that. I know people will say what kind of a mother I am to not even be able to clean my kid's poop but I have tried it with Riya and I have tried it with other children and every time I ended up gagging badly and even vomitting sometimes." I say handing my head low.

"Don't worry Maira. I will do everything for you and our child, even if it's cleaning their poop." He passes me a wink.

"What if when you are not at home?"

"Well, I will make sure I am always available at home for that and we can always have a maid and there are so many members at home. No one will mind keeping our kid for sometime, infact I feel like we will have to fight to spend some time with our kid."

"If you say so."

"Maira, stop thinking about all that." Jai gets up from the ground before dragging the table in front of me.

"Now, what do you want to eat?"

"Nothing."

"Now you have to eat for two Maira, so I suggest you eat be because you have already puked once and I know you haven't eaten anything post that."

"But I am feeling too nauseous, I don't think I'll be able to keep anything down at this moment."

"Do you want to eat anything in particular?" I think if I am actually craving for something but come up with nothing. I shake my head before leaning my head over Jai's shoulder. I feel him pecking my head after every few seconds. I ask him to eat since I know he must be starving by now. Jai keeps one hand entangles into mine while he eats using the other.

"Do you have any work now?"

"Nope, I was actually returning tomorrow since we had the negotiations done today afternoon." I tell him.

"Then let's go."

"Where?"

"Wherever these roads take us." He says winking at me, making me laugh.

"But I am too tired to change now."

"Let's go like this only, you anyways always look pretty."

"You know what a smooth lier you are, right?" I ask him.

"I don't lie. In my eyes you are the prettiest woman, who gave me one of the best news I have heard in my entire life."

"What was the best news you have heard in you entire life?"

"Ummm... When you agreed to marry me." He says cheekily.

"Such a smooth talker." Jai comes closer towards me and wounds his arms around my waist while I loop my hands around his neck. He leans down capturing my lips for another kiss, trying to pour all the emotions we both are feeling into it.

"I love you." He says before bending down and keeping a hand over my belly.

"How many days are you along?" He asks me.

"The test said three weeks."

"We should visit a gynecologist."

"Geez, really? I thought we have to visit an oncologist." I say sarcastically.

"So this I am assuming it's just a glimpse of my next few months? You being super sarcastic?"

"Maybe. Are you ready for it?"

"When it comes to you, I am ready for anything bug."

"Let's go now." I say. Jai takes my hand in his before we make our way to the lobby and go ar the streets. We visit the main shopping hub of the city and look around, like tourists.

The fresh air makes me feel so much better and the slightly cold temperature making our walking a fun task. Jai despite my protests drags me into a jewelery shop.

"Choose anything you want." He tells me.

"But Jai, you have already given me so many things. I don't need anything at this moment." I try making him understand.

"Are you choosing something or should I buy everything I like?"

"Jai, don't do this." Jai doesn't pay heed to me and makes me sit in one of the chairs before asking the saleswoman to show some diamond sets and some rings.

"Jai." I poke at his arm.

"Yes, bug."

"Jaiiiiiiiiiii?"

"Yessssssssss."

"I don't want this. I want to eat."

"Okay, bug. Just gimme a minute and then we'll go and fill you up." He speaks before diving back into looking for something to buy me.

"Jai, fast. I am so hungry, I will die out of starvation." He gives me an amused look.

"And just some time back you were too nauseous to eat anything."

"Blame that on this child of yours." I tell him.

"Hey, don't blame anything on our innocent child."

"Yeah, yeah. Now let's go."

"Yes. Get these earrings packed." He tells the saleswoman before standing up and walking with me. He quickly makes the payment like a bloody Richie Rich, without even asking the cost, he just gives his card. Seriously!

Once we take the bag, Jai gives it to the bodyguards before he looks at me. "So, my lady, what do you want to eat?"

"I want ice pop." I tell him, my eyes widening and mouth watering imagining the taste of it.

"Your wish, my command." With this we walk to few street vendors who are selling ice pops and few other things.

"Jai?" I call him.

"Hmmm."

"I also want to eat vada pav." I tell him and he lets out a quick laugh at my pouting face.

"Don't worry. I'll get you that too." We eat ice pop before Jai takes me to the vada pav stall.

"Extra spicy please."

"Are you sure, bug?"

"Yessssssssss."

"Okay." Once getting my food, I gorge at it while Jai just looks at me. I being a very good and considerate person that I am, even offer my food to him. He open his mouth to take a bite.

"Take a small bite." I warn him. He takes a small bite and soon his face turns red and I can see his eyes getting teary.

"It's so spicy. How can you even eat it?" He asks me while hissing and trying to get rid of the burning sensation. He gets another ice pop while I happily munch on my food.

"It's not even that spicy."

"Maira, there's only chillies in that it seems."

"Hushhhh.... You can't tolerate even minimal amount of heat. Let me enjoy my food. You essentially wasted one bite of mine." Once done with eating Jai forces me to return to hotel with him while I wanted to roam about a bit more.

"Bug, you have been walking for so long. You need to take rest now."

"No, I want to. We anyways have never gone out on vacation or anything like everrrrrr." I tell him. So, even after marriage due to work Jai and I never went on honeymoon or any other place.

"But bug, you need to take care of yourself and I have already allowed you to exert yourself enough for the day."

"You've allowed me? What do you mean by that? Who are you to allow me?" I ask him furious.

"I didn't mean it that way Maira."

"Let it be. I am too tired now." I tell him before turning my face away from him and closing my eyes.

The next time when I open my eyes I am latched onto Jai's hands while he is carrying me, probably to our room. It takes a minute for my surroundings to register in my mind.

"Jai, put me down. There are so many people here."

"I don't care."

"Jai, please. It doesn't look good."

"Well, my wife gave me the happiest news today and I made her upset, there's no way I am allowing her to walk when she's tired and upset with me."

"Jai, I am no longer upset but let me down please."

"Not happening." I hide my face in his neck and soon he lowers me onto our bed once I fumble around in his pocket for the keys and open the door for us.

Jai comes from other side and takes his place on bed next to me. He takes me into his arms and keeps one hand over my stomach. I look at him to see him lost in daze while looking at my belly. I keep my head over his chest while his other hand is going through my hair.

"We will go to doctor immediately after we land tomorrow." I give Jai a nod.

We both decide to take a nap, well I decide to take a nap while Jai sits next to me the entire while. We have agreed to tell our families after our visit to doctor tomorrow.

The next day I wake up with a sickening feeling. I try easing my headache but to no avail, I  keep on lying next to Jai with his arms around me. I suddenly rush to washroom, throwing Jai's arms off of me and start puking my guts out. I didn't eat much last night but whatever I had is all out now. I feel Jai rubbing my back and holding my hair back while I have my face inside the pot. Once done I sit on the floor folding my legs with Jai next to me still soothing me. I lean against the cold wall trying to calm down my nausea.

I get up with Jai's help and he hands me my brush which I am grateful for. Once I brush my teeth I wash my face and come out of the bathroom, and sit on the bed. Jai follows me out.

"Are you feeling better?"

"No." I say, laying down, my feet dangling.

We lie there for a bit before I see Jai getting up. I hear the shower and realise he must be getting ready for the day. I don't even realise when I dose off.

"Bug!"

"Bug, wake up." I groan a little before looking at him opening my eyes. My legs are no longer dangling from the bed, rather I am tucked into the bed properly.

"Hey!" I say.

"Come on let's get something inside you."

"No, no. I feel like I'll puke if I eat anything." I shake my head.

"But love, you've got to eat something." He exclaims. I don't say anything but seeing my reluctance, he orders room service. The food comes in and Jai asks me if I feel like eating any of those or anything else. I shake my head but he still makes me eat some toast, unfortunately Jai has restricted me from having any coffee from today onwards. I forcefully shove down the toast only for it to come back up sometime later.

I give up trying to eat anything. Jai and I make our way to the airport and board our flight, all the way Jai is worried about my health more than usual. He would look at me like I am about to die anytime. Well, I don't blame him, I haven't practically had anything.

I keep my head on Jai's shoulder and he keeps his over my head and wounds his arms around my waist to make me comfortable and snuggling me into sleep.

We directly go to the doctor's from the airport much to Jai's insistence and my reluctance.

"Doctor, she isn't able to keep anything down."

"Okay?"

"Doctor, I am pregnant and my morning sickness has been terrible. I am unable to keep anything down." I clarify properly unlike Jai.

"Oh okay!"

"How months are you along?"

"Actually we just took the test yesterday, so..." I trail off.

"Oh so this is your first visit then, how exciting!" The doctor exclaims before she asks me few questions.

"So, Mrs. Rathore, I feel like you are just experiencing morning sickness and there is nothing to worry about it. Try eating fruits or drinking juice to see if it help or maybe dry fruits. For every women there are different things that they can keep down during their pregnancy. I would just suggest you come back in two weeks for your first ultrasound."

We both nod and make our way out. "Do you want to inform your parents?" Jai asks me since we are in Jaipur only.

"No, I want to inform both of our families together and even Armaan is coming in two days. Let's inform them then?"

"That sounds like a plan."

We start our journey home and once, we reach home, Jai and I have an agreement of trying to hide my morning sickness for two days from everyone so that we can disclose it to everyone together. For me the next two days are hell because I am unable to eat anything except for crackers and much to Jai's amusement all I want is sweets. I woke him up in the middle of night to get me brownies and he being the good person baked me some while I sat on kitchen counter bossing him around.  I irritated him but he didn't say anything to me but bore me the entire time. Thankfully, none of Jai's family had any suspicion over me as Jai would put very little on my plate and he would sneakily trade the plates and finish mine too.

It was finally the day and we are currently getting ready to go to our hotel, on the pretext of my success on last case and Armaan's return. I am feeling so nauseous that I am half willing to decline the dinner but I so want to meet everyone since it's been long.

I am standing in my closet, looking through clothes and thinking what should I wear.

"Need some help?" I hear Jai as he comes closer and puts his chin over my shoulder and his hands on my belly.

"I am confused what to wear." I tell him.

"Umm... Do you mind wearing a saree?"

"It's too much work." I say jutting my lower lip out.

"But you look so cute, beautiful, pretty and sexy in that."

"Hmm... Are you trying to say I don't look all those in other clothes of mine?" I turn around to look at him.

"No, I didn't mean that. Wear anything and you'll look good only."

"That's what I like to hear." I turn again.

"Bug, you sure you wanna go today only? I mean look at yourself, your look so pale and you seem to have lost weight in just a few days. We can just cancel."

"No, no. Let's go. As appealing as it sounds we need to go." I throw Jai out of the closet and start changing into a emerald green saree. I wear golden necklace along with my usual jewelry before wearing simple sliders and going out. Jai has also changed into simple jeans and shirt before looking at me.

"Damn!" I hear him say making me laugh.

"Let's go?"

"Yeah. Everyone has left already except Armaan and Dia and they are waiting for us." He tells me.

"Cool." I say before starting to move out of our room only to leave a huge gasp when I am picked up by Jai.

"Leave me!" I shriek at him.

"Nope!"

"Jai, Armaan and Dia are not gonna let me live this down. Please put me down before they see us like this."

"Do you really think I am going to allow you to walk down when you look so weak? What kind of husband would I be if I let you do that?" He says dramatically while still carrying me.

"I am so gonna kick you if they tease me."

"Hawwww... I just am looking after you."

"H-"

"Oh God! Why me again?" I hear Dia speak from bottom of stairs and before I can say anything I hear another voice making me hide my face in Jai's neck with my arms already there.

"Oooooo... How romantic bhai!"

"Yeah, so romantic! Say this when you see them doing PDA every day almost." Dia says sarcastically.

"We don't do PDA!" I protest.

"Yeah, yeah we can see." Armaan chimes in.

"Armaan, I thought you were in my team." I give him a glare.

"Dear brother and sister no more teasing my wife." Jai finally says making both the siblings snicker at him.

"I am serious. I don't want you both ruining her mood." He speaks sternly but this makes Armaan's grin broaden.

"Or what? Bhabhs will make you sleep outside the room?" He says with a fake sad face making me laugh.

"No, I was planning on kicking him out on the terrace but your idea also isn't bad." I say hi-fiving him.

"I am here fighting for you and you are ganging up against me." Jai says making me sit in front while Armaan holds the door open. Jai then takes the driver's seat while the other two occupy the back seats.

"Well, you wouldn't have had to if you would've just heard me."

"But you weren't feeling well and I thought you'd appreciate being carried down."

"What happened to you bhabhi?"

"Are you fine bhabhs?" I hear the simultaneous voice of the two siblings making me glare holes into Jai's side.

"I am fine, I just had a headache."

"Bhabhs are you sure? I am also seeing that you are looking really pale and weak. You should visit the doctor once."

"No, no. It's just stress and you know how your brother is." I say.

"Yeah very romantic and whipped." Armaan says making us all laugh.

Jai as a natural habit holds my hand and before I have a chance to withdraw it, I hear wolf whistles and hooting from the back seat making me groan.

"I am so going to kill you tonight."

"Then who will look after our-"

"Shut up!" I stop Jai before he can reveal. Thankfully, the others haven't heard the last word. "I can look after myself."

Soon, we reach the hotel and Jai opens the door for me while giving me his hand to help me get down.

"Woahhhhh! Bhabhs you are looking pretty. Now I know why bhai is whipped!" He speaks making me go warm.

"You know if only I saw you earlier. Bhabhs leave my boring bhai, let's go have some fun." Armaan says making me laugh and look at Jai who is literally glaring at him. To further aggravate Jai, Armaan hooks his arm with mine before pulling me with him. "Just wait and watch how your husband is going to go crazy not having you by his side." We both laugh and I can feel steam coming from Jai's ears but we keep walking in front of him.

We reach the place where had a private arrangement made for us. I met everyone and my mother even asked me if I am doing well but I said it's just stress at work and nothing else.

All of us sat on the table and food was brought in and I can feel my hands getting clamy, and my nerves shooting up when I felt Jai holding my hand in his. His touch is enough to calm me down.

Soon, the food comes in and I am forced to stop myself from gagging. Jai hands me something, and I look down to see a cracker. I give him a grateful look before munching on one along with some Thums Up. Soon, deserts come up and I see them hidden with cloches as we have asked and they are placed in front of everyone.

"So, don't remove the cloches yet. This is a new item we are thinking of adding to the menu and I wanted you all to try it and give you feedbacks." Once everyone had theirs Jai asks them to remove the cloches. Each cloche has a baby item with Bade Dadu(great grandfather), Badi Dadi (great grandmother), Dadu (grandfather), Dadi (grandmother), Nanu (maternal grandfather), Nani(maternal grandmother), Chachu(younger paternal uncle), Bua (paternal aunt), Mausi (maternal aunt), and Mamu (maternal uncle) written for each of the family member, respective to their posts. It takes a moment for them to register what going on before they all start looking at my face and all break in chorus of congratulations. I feel hugs after hugs engulfing me and Jai.

Once done, everyone settles down again. "Jai, now is the time for sweets, get us some. This is the best news you could have given us." Jai's grandfather says. Soon, there's ice creams, jalebis, shahi tukda, and some other sweets coming up.

"Oho, this was the reason bhai was so worried about bhabhi." I hear Armaan teasing us.

"No bro, this is their usual. I mean if not for my shouting, I would have been made to watch them making this baby." Dia remarks disgustingly making me blush while her brother's shout.

"Ewwwwww"

"Grossssss. We haven't done anything like that."

"Yes, thankfully. Or else I would have been scarred for life."

"So, bhabhi have you had any weird cravings yet?" Dia questions me.

"Not really because I am unable to keep anything down at this point apart from crackers." I tell her.

"Sad."

"Did you visit the doctor's?"

"Yes and we need to go in another two weeks for our first ultrasound."

We talk for some more before it's time for us to leave but I want to eat paan and I knew they didn't serve that at the hotel. We say goodbye to everyone and sit in our car where I look at Jai sweetly.

"What do you want?"

"Why would you think I want something?"

"Because you are looking at me too sweetly and innocently at this point."

"Jai, I want to eat paan. Please."

"Bug, it's pretty late."

"Ooooooooooooo, bug!" I hear the siblings from back seats.

"Shut up!" I groan before looking at Jai.

"I want paan."

"But-"

"Armaan, will you please take me for some paan?" I ask him turning back knowing Jai will immediately agree if I ask someone else to get it for me.

"Yes, bhabhs."

"Aeeeeee, bhabhs servant shut up. I will take her wherever she wants to go." He tells him before turning to me.

"Bug, I will take you wherever you wanna go and make you eat whatever you want to. Let's go. You don't need to ask that dufus."

"Is it jealously that I smell?" I hear Dia tease Jai from behind.

"Yes, it is. I don't want Armaan anywhere near my wife."

"Don't worry bhai, if you get a princess I will always be near her and then you can have bhabhs all to yourself."

"You are getting nowhere near my daughter or my wife." I laugh seeing Jai's possessiveness. Jai and Armaan keep bickering back and forth only for me to interrupt.

"Gosh, we don't even know if we are having a daughter can we stop this now?" I ask the two men fighting over an unborn baby.

Finally, these two settle down and after eating paan we make our way home. Jai and  I decide to call my sister and brother-in-law to give them the news because it was difficult for me to convicne my family to not tell them already and knowing them, they wont be able to keep it to themselves for long.

We called them since due to time difference it still must be day over there, not that day and night matter for doctors.

"Hey!" She says. She has Riya in her lap, feeding her.

"Where is Jiju(brother-in-law)?" I ask her. She doesn't get suspicious since we do talk sometimes on video calls.

"Hey guys!" Jiju says coming into the frame.

"Hi!" Jai and I say together.

"How's it going with you guys?"

"Nothing much!" I respond while Aisha Di looks down at Riya trying to wipe her mouth and Riya for some reasons bursts out crying while she tires to calm her down.

"Why does she always cry?" I ask them.

"Kids are meant to cry, Maira." My sister states the obvious rolling her eyes.

"I don't wanna sign up for this." I whisper to Jai.

"Don't worry we'll manage it." I see Riya has calmed down now and Aisha Di has made her sit down on the couch with her pacifier in her mouth while she and Jiju eat their food.

"So, how's work going?" I ask her.

"Same old. Trishav will stay with Riya for sometime while I need to go for a surgery, you tell."

"Nothing, we just came from dinner with everyone." My sister hums while drinking water.

"I am pregnant!" I tell her not really knowing how else to approach the subject.

Let me tell you, not the best way because dii spits all the water over her self and the laptop, I am assuming while Jiju chokes on his food. And to add to this Riya thinks it's funny to drop her pacifier.

"Are you serious?"

"We are." Jai answers for me knowing I would have replied with a sarcastic comment.

"Oh my god! Congratulations, you both."  They say with Jiju still couching slightly.

"I thought you didn't wanna have kids Maira." My sister teases me.

"Well, I didn't but then I also never wanted to marry but I did, didn't I?"

"Touche."

We talk for some more time and before my sister can go all sentimental about her younger sister becoming mother, I disconnected the call.

The next two weeks pass by in a jiffy. I can feel myself getting weak as the days pass since I cannot stomach anything and on top of that the work pressure is getting to me now. I am in my office when someone bursts into my cabin and by now I need not tell you it is my husband dearest. I look up from my desk to see his as usual concerned face.

"What?" I ask him.

"We have an appointment." He tells me. I look at the time and sure enough we need to leave for the doctor's. I sigh getting up and taking my bag with me before we make our way to the elevator. I feel myself tapping my leg when I sit inside the car.

"Calm down bug."

"What if there's something wrong?"

"There's nothing wrong. Calm down. Let's be positive." He places his hand over my leg to stop it from moving. We reach the hospital and are immediately led to the doctor's cabin.

"Ah, Mr. and Mrs. Rathore! So, first ultrasound?" We give her a nod and she leads us to the room where I am asked to lie down.

"This will feel cold." I nod and hold Jai's hand who is sitting next to me. I shiver when the gel makes contact with my belly, the doctor than uses the probe to move it around and detect the fetus probably. The doctor looks at the screen intently before looking back at us.

"See, these are your babies."

"Babies?" Jai and I ask simultaneously.

"You are having twins."

"Freak!" I feel tears well up in my eyes and look at Jai mirroring my expressions.

"Do you guys wanna hear the heartbeat?"

"Yes." Jai answers for us.

Soon, we are able to hear thumping sound and another sound that seems like an echo of the first one. The doctor leaves the room to get us the pictures of ultrasound while Jai helps me clean my belly and sit up.

"We are having twins." He says looking down at me with so much love and adoration.

"I love you Mai, thank you for coming into my life!" He speaks before capturing my lips in his in a short passionate kiss. The doctor returns with the envelope and guides us back to her office.

"So, now that you are with twins, you are going to have to be more careful. You will start showing up earlier than normal. You have to eat better and healthy. You come in after two months for check up unless there's any problem." She explains.

"But doctor I am unable to stomach anything apart from crackers."

"It's alright, by the end of first trimester you should be feeling better. Also, even if you feel sick try eating something in small portions, anything." We nod and leave the cabin. We sit in the car and Jai turns to me.

"We are gonna have two babies!" He says excitedly but all the color drains from my face imagining handling two of them.

"That means double trouble." I say sighing.

"Don't worry we'll work through all this."

"Hopefully, we'll."

I tell my family on our way back and they all just are shocked and too happy for us while I am worried on having to go through the pain of pushing two babies. We reach home and see everyone sitting in the living room. Everyone turns to us and ponders Jai with questions.

"What did the doctor say?"

"Everything is fine, right?"

"How is the child?"

"I'll get Maira some juice to drink."

"What is the gender of the baby?" Well last one is obviously by idiot Armaan who gets hit on head for such a stupid question.

"Calm down guys! Everything is fine with them. Mom, you can ask someone to get juice for Maira and Armaan you idiot you cannot know the gender of the baby so soon."

"Actually, there is one teeny bit of problem." I say and everyone looks at me concerned.

"But-"

"Is everything alright?"

"Actually, after nine months there won't be only one but two kids keeping you all on your toes." I tell them and hear a ray of gasps

"Holy-"

"Language Maan." Jai says.

"I was gonna say moly, holy moly." I laugh at his scared face.

"Yes, better. I don't want any swearing near my children now and Maira is not doing any work from today because she has to take care of herself and we also need to take care of her seeing she is so careless about her health."

"Ummm... Hi, I think you are forgetting I am right here." I say giving Jai a sickening smile.

"Mom, tell all the servants that I need them to be on their toes, and I will give them her diet chart and she should be given food accordingly. I don't want any carelessness in this." I can see everyone nodding to his commands while I am standing there speechless.

"Maira, come and sit down. You have been standing for way too long." Mom tells me.

"No, mom. I am fine. I think I will go and take a walk in the garden outside." I tell her before going out, without sparing a single glance at my husband at whom I am so frustrated.

I start looking at the flowers blooming in the garden before I find a very pretty rose. I am about to touch it when I am stopped by someone holding my hand.

"There are thorns, you'll hurt your hand." Jai says making me take deep breaths so that I don't burst on him. I turn around to see him with a glass of juice in his hand which he forwards towards me.

"I don't want it."

"Maira, don't argue. Drink it."

"No. I don't want it. Why is it so hard for you to understand? I can take care of myself. I don't need an army of people being concerned about my food and day to day activities. You make me feel like I cannot look after my own kids. I feel like you lied when you said I will be a good mom because obviously if that was the case you wouldn't have been treating me like a damn pregnant child who need to be looked after herself. I feel like a pathetic weak woman who doesn't know that she needs to take care of herself so she can take care of the fetuses growing in her womb. I... I-" At this point I am so furious, I don't care if I am hurting Jai with my words. I can feel my angry and frustrated tears pouring out of my eyes and it takes me a minute to calm myself down before looking at his face that dawns with realisation of what I am saying.

"Maira, I-"

"Jai, all I want of for you to be next to me through this pregnancy and fulfill my needs when I tell them to you. I don't need an array of people buzzing around me. I know you don't think I can take care of our kids but I would never intentionally do anything which might harm them." I tell him and make my way to the gazebo to sit, being drained from all the shouting.

"Love, I am sorry. I didn't want to make you feel that way. I know and have full faith in you that you are capable enough to look after our kids, every woman is and that is why you have been given the power to bring a life in the world. Bug, this is new to me and I just wanted to help you and be by your side and you know, feel like I was contributing in this process. I am sorry I didn't think how would this make you feel. In fact I know you will be better at this than me. I am sorry I made you doubt yourself." He sits in front of me and keeps his hands over my legs while speaking. He brings his hand up to wipe my wet cheeks.

"I need you to be by my side. I don't need a dozen people with food roaming after me. I will tell you if I want anything. And Jai you did help in this process, I alone would have never been able to conceive these." I say with a laugh making Jai laugh too. He raises and sits next to me. I keep my head on his shoulder while he keeps his arms around mine. He forwards the glass again and this time I take it not wanting to fight anymore.

"Also, you do realise I am going to work. I don't mind being banned from household chores but I am going to office atleast for a few months before I take maternity leave."

"Hell you are going to office!" He speaks, making me sigh. Let's just say we are going to have a very long conversation on this which I know I will win because it's Jai and Maira, and whether Jai wants to accept or not he will let his Maira win, always, especially knowing that she will never do anything to endanger her life or the life of the bids blooming in her stomach.

I know we will fight in the coming months not because we don't get along but because I am going to be all over the place with my emotions and hormones. I know I will have both of our families next to us to looks after the kids and help us learn the art of parenting.

____________________________________________

Hey guys!

I hope you like the epilogue. Let me know if you'd want a bonus chapter with Maira's pregnancy and how she might have kept Jai and others on their toes.

This is although the official end of the book and I would like to thank you all for all the love you have showered on this book and for giving this book a chance. Don't forget to vote and comment.

Love you all;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 154K 51
A hearty "Padharo Mhare Des!" to all you wonderful readers, Meet our protagonist, Ruhaan Singh Rajvansh, our dashing Raana sa with a heart that echoe...
5.7K 295 16
Book 1 of series Destiny's mystery....... 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 DEVANSH SINGH RATHORE..... ___________________________________________ _________________________...
328K 24K 49
*Destiny part 2* ---♡---- • RANVIJAY SINGH RATHORE Power!!The only thing he always wanted.He is the elder son of Rathore's and the soon to be king of...
131K 12.9K 73
Destiny is cruel sometimes. It snatches away a lot from you. Sometimes it snatches the dreams in your eyes and passion in your heart. Dream of living...