Skinny Love

By hiraeth3666

Emerson Taylor, straight A student. Everyone knows her name. She has the popularity and the looks and the ath... More

Introduction
1.| First Day
2.| Practice
3.| Coach
4.| Miss Taylor?
5.| Game
6.| Tacos
7.| Birthday
8.| Sick
9.| Party
10.| My place
11.| Chick Flic
12.| Meeting
13.| Footballs and Babies
14.| Ref
15.| Car
16.| Halloween Party
17.| Side Porch
18.| The Zone
19.| I Love You
20.| Jayden
21.| Phone Call
23. Bet
24.| Blue Moon
25.| Knock Knock
26.| Graduation
27.| End
28: 𝘽𝙤𝙣𝙪𝙨

22.| Megan

1.3K 34 19
By hiraeth3666

♡︎Emerson♡︎

I wait outside in front of the school for Ivor's Jeep. When it pulls up, he wastes no more time than he absolutely needs to and walks over intentionally and painfully slow. "Hurry up." I say.

He rolls his eyes and starts to walk slightly faster meeting me much longer than he should've in the middle. When he makes it over to me, he lays both hands onto my cheeks and connects his lips to mine.

"How long have you been here?" His lips mumble against mine.

"I needed to set up." I smile. He likes to make fun of me for coming in early and setting up the cones and anything else we are going to need for that practice. He, obviously, laughs at me.

Once we make it into the building, I grab a ball and throw it to his chest. He catches it with his un-human-like reflexes and then checks it back to me.

"Horse?" We both speak at the same time. He smirks and then gestures to me with his hand, telling me to go ahead and shoot first.

I obviously make my shot and he rebounds my ball, walking over to me and shooting from where I stood. Missed by about the size of Oliver's house. This bitch. I laughed at him. Very loudly. Probably too loudly.

He smiles, "Mm mn, not getting away with that, volpe."
(Vixen.)

In a flash I'm thrown over his shoulder and he's running and spinning. Guarding my knee with one hand, he stops the running and freaking twirls.

"Am I interrupting something children?" I hear the familiar voice of Henry Brown laugh from across the gym.

"Yes." I say, looking him dead in the eyes from over Iv's shoulder.

"This view is amazing by the way." Iv says and I feel what I'm pretty sure is his hand on my ass. I'm not complaining.

"I saw some of the girls on their ways in." Coach B says.

"Oh um Harper won't be here tonight." I tell him. Her dad is taking her to the beach for the week. She'll be back in a few days, though.

✈︎_ _ _ _ _ _ _

For some reason tonight the team was not paying attention. I don't know if it's because of the upcoming Homecoming game everyone is talking about or if they are all hanging out together after this but they are being so rude.

Coach B starts to say something, trying to explain to them an easy thing we've been doing but for some reason it's just not clicking with them right now; they all talk over him.

Some even have their back turned to him.

Nope. He does way too much for them to treat him like this. I have a damn whistle for a damn reason.

I blow my whistle, confusing both Coach B and Ivor. The girls shut up and turn around to face me now. I clap, "Alright."

Coach throws a ball to my extended hand, "How many of you actually heard what Coach Brown here just said?"

They all look around and at the ceiling avoiding eye contact with me. "I love when people do the eye contact thing. I can still see you, you know. You didn't disappear now that your eyes aren't on me."

One brave pick of the litter makes eye contact with me. "Monica," I check the ball to her, "What was Coach Brown just explaining to you?"

"I don't know." She whispered.

"And why not?"

"I wasn't listening."

"Five laps! All of you."

✈︎_ _ _ _ _ _ _

"Hey kids!!"

How does this man get any work done? He's always home.

"Hey Tom." We all smile in unison.

"BROWNIES." JJ yelled and took off for the glass brownie filled pan on the counter.

"Who made the brownies?" Ry asked.

"Oh I made it." I say, Ivor's lips are against the side of my head, his hand intertwined with mine, our fingers laced in between each other. They seem like they fit perfectly together, like they were perfectly custom made to be held in a mess.

"You mean you made them?" Tom smiles, obviously he thinks he's right.

"No."

"Brownies. No talk when brownie involved." JJ mumbles through his chocolate filled mouth.

"Go ahead." I say, but Ryden is already making her way over to the pan of brownies and her boyfriend who is indulging in the taste.

"Why did you make brownies?" Ivor asks. "You don't bake."

"Felt like it." I whispered. "I was bored and no one was home."

"You could've called me. We would've made JJ 'untimely' death consume him quicker." He chuckles against my ear.

"I'm too PG-13 for this, bye-bye kiddos!" Tom walks away, shielding his eyes with his hand.

JJ snorts from across the counter and I leave breathlessly too.

"Il trucco è aggiungere più sale." I say to Iv, rejoining our conversation.
(The trick is to add more salt.)

"Veramente? Pensavo avesse qualcosa a che fare con le uova."
(Really? I thought it would have had something to do with the eggs.)

"It was too late to call." I circle back.

After a few seconds I feel his arm encircle around my shoulders and my back was pressed up against his chest.

"Jeez Em, you were glowing enough earlier. Anymore and you'll need a new foundation." Ry covers her food-filled mouth.

JJ snorts. Freaking snorts.

"È solo arrabbiata per non averne ricevuto." I say to Ivor. "L'unica cosa che sta succedendo in quella stanza sono le repliche di 'Gossip Girl'"
(She's just angry that she didn't get any. The only thing that's happening in that room in the re-runs of Gossip Girl.)

Ivor chuckles now.

Now trust me, this is all satire. I know JJ and I know Ry. There is definitely more happening than Ed Westwick.

✈︎_ _ _ _ _ _ _

"We should do the Megan knee challenge." JJ pulls his phone out and sets it up so it can see all of us. The idiot standing in front of me right now.

"Yeah, we totally should." I say, pushing off of Ivor's lap and standing up.

"What are you doing?" Ivor whispers, grabbing me wrist and pulling me back down.

"Come on," I start, "We have to do this J."

"Are you insane?"

"Yes, usually." I respond.

"So what does the winner get?" Ry asks through stretches. These people are stretching? This is going to be so much fun.

"The sweet, sweet smell of victory." Jj says from next to her.

The music starts and they all squat with every beat. I grab my knee and hold it straight out with one hand and start to do the "challenge" on my good knee.

How do you forget that your best friends knee quite literally just doesn't work?

Ryden, the cheerleader, is out first. I thought she'd be competition but she didn't make it past the second drop.

Jj follows her, as second out. He makes it to almost the end. Just me and Ivor now.

We get to the end of the sound, but Ivor and I are both still in.

"Well who won?" Ryden asks us, from JJ's back. When did they have time for a piggy back ride?

"Obviously Em did." Iv says. But we tied, how did I win?

"We tied." I say.

"You did it on one leg though, I didn't." He smiles.

"Eh, fair enough."

✈︎_ _ _ _ _ _ _

(TW??)

"-Psycho killer? Can I be the helpless victim? Okay, let's see. 'No please don't kill me Mr. Ghostface! I wanna be in the sequel." I recite the lines to the movie we're watching off the top of my head. I've seen these movies so many times it would probably be concerning to an outsider. Oh, that movie was phenomenal.

"I have to head back to the hospital!" Tom starts walking in from the hallway. "Emergency. GSW to the head."

"Okay." I smile, "Say hi to mom for me."

"Will do. Bye guys." The accent comes out again slightly on the words 'will' and 'bye' so slightly that a person who didn't live with Tom wouldn't be able to catch it. The obvious giveaways of the Southern boy he was, come through now and again.

"Bye." We all call out after him.

''I'm going to get food, anyone want anything from the kitchen?" I ask, using the arm of the side of the couch I'm leaning against to help stand me up.

"Nope." JJ says, I can tell he's half asleep.

"We're good." Ry smiles. We're. J's head is on Ryden's chest and she's messing with his blonde-ish brown hair. I know she'd never tell him about this, but she's been crazy about him for years.

"Kay."

I throw the Ian Somerhalder blanket (that was brought down from my room) onto Ivor's head and then head for the kitchen.

I have my back to the kitchen entrance and I'm facing the counter and wall, my hands on the sides of the island.

"WHERE'S THE GOD DAMN MONEY??"

1, 2, 3.

"I SAID WHERE THE FUCK IS THE MONEY?!"

Focus.

"YOU'RE TAKING TO LONG."

Emerson.

A fucking gun shot.

1, 2, 3.

"I'll be right back sweety, don't move."

Sweety.

His eyes are open.

Were open. His eyes were open.

His chest isn't moving.

Wasn't moving. His chest wasn't moving.

Mumble. "Is everything okay?"

"911, what's your emergency?"

"Where is your emergency honey?" The woman asked.

"Is anyone hurt?"

"Okay, you're doing great honey, can you stay on the line with me until dispatch gets there?"

"You're doing great honey."

Mumble. "Em?"

"Where are you now?" The nine one one operator asked.

"Okay, can you answer a question for me please?"

"Is the phone you're using mobile or on a wire? Can you move it?"

"Okay, okay, that's okay honey."

"Okay, can you stay on the phone with me until they get into the building?"

"Thank you honey."

Mumble. "Baby, can you hear me?"

My head comes back into focus. "Hm?"

Mumble. "Are you okay?"

"911, what's your emergency?"

"Hey, hey," I feel a hand on my cheek, his thumb brushes across my cheek. When did I crying?

"Talk to me." It's Ivor. It's been Ivor.

"Hi."

His lips are now pressing gently against my forehead. "Are you okay?"

"Yes."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No."

"Okay, that's okay."

"I came in here to get food." I say.

"I know. Let's get some food."

"Yeah."

✈︎_ _ _ _ _ _ _

"Bye." I say to Ryden and JJ. They're both going back to one of their houses. To do Ed Westwick most likely. Please tell me someone understands.

"BYE BIATCH." Ry calls from her car window.

"Adios my two beautiful besties." JJ yells at us.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Ivor leans down, towering over me; our faces inches apart.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I say back.

His lips come down and meet mine, "Ti amo, bellezza." He smiles into the kiss.
(I love you, beautiful.)

"Ti amo, Ivor."
(I love you, Ivor.)

"Bye," he kisses me again.

"Bye," I pull away.

With one more kiss to the cheek, he's off to his car.

He was written by a woman.

I close the front door behind me and walk back into the hallway.

What to do now?

Harry Potter marathon of course.

I grab some candy from the kitchen, sour cream and onion chips too.

When I make it back up to my room, I drop everything onto my bed and walk over to my dresser. Grab a lighter, and light my mahogany apple candle. If you understand, love you.

✈︎_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Right around 27 minutes into Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, my phone goes off with Ivor's specialized ringtone.

Fidanzato: i wish you were asleep on my chest so i can whisper in your ear how happy you make me.
(Boyfriend.)

What else would he whisper in? Hell yeah.

Me: i wish i could lay my head in your lap and look up at you while your run your fingers through my hair.

Fidanzato: aren't you supposed to be asleep?

Me: i'm supposed to be a lot of things but i live to disappoint

Fidanzato: ur so cute when you do things

Fidanzato: like when you talk

Fidanzato: and smile

Fidanzato: and breathe

Me: you need therapy i'm pretty sure

Fidanzato: i just punch things

Fidanzato: 👹therapy👹

Me: i'm watching harry potter

Fidanzato: with the candle?

Me: naturally

Fidanzato: i love you

—————————————————————————

Word count: 2,239

This took way to long and the scary part is, I literally started this on Friday.

Yes, the last time I published a chapter was September 18 and it's October 3 but we don't need to talk about that.

I'm going to try to go every weekend again, and maybe once or twice randomly throughout the next few weeks.

But... Skinny Love is coming to an end. My bad.

Also, I know that the "Megan knee challenge" was only in like a couple paragraphs but I couldn't think of a better chapter name right now and I like to make you think like "who the shít is megan".

I bought two mahogany apple candles today. Smells like Draco. My bad.

I have school, and friends, and basketball, and football games I have to partake in during the week and weekends. I wish I had more time to write, which I love doing, but I don't. That's sad am I right.

Anywayssss

Kk bye bye.

<3 Author and shit

Toodeeloo 🥺✌🏻

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5M 89.9K 51
Highest rank #27 in Teen Fiction. Written by @apricitys. _ _ _ "What is this?" He asked, not even bothering to look at the canvas in front of me. Ins...
298K 11.6K 52
~Dear Cupid, I like this really cute guy from my school, except he's a bad boy and a total player. What do I do? I'm a pretty shy girl. Help! Lov...
38.5K 3.5K 53
A shy high school senior jock and a closed-off girl battling an immune disorder fake a relationship to win a social media contest. Being shy isn't ea...
235K 4.8K 36
Jolie Watson was used to being invisible at her huge high school in New York City, but when her parents split up and her Mom moved them back to her t...