Miraculously Reincarnated

By Ziy_ing

I was on a flight to Paris when the engines of the plane malfunctioned. After a pathetic death, I woke up rei... More

Death from a Plane Crash
lmfao (chuu stans pls dont doxx me)
Reincarnated
The Ladybug Earrings
Chat Noir
An Unannounced Visit
Questions
Adrien Agreste
Bad Plans
Stormy Weather
Cover Ups
Planning A Birthday Party
The Bubbler
Lady Wifi
Weird Sensations
Avoiding Time Breaking
A Fashion Competition
Mr. Pigeon
Civillustrator
Ms. Tattle-tale's Redemption
Copycat
Kittykat
Dark Cupid
Facing Your Fears
Elections
Dark Blade
First Mime
Teaching Marinette Chinese
Kung Food
Animan
Awkwardly Nice
Reflekta
The Blue Owl Miraculous
The New Hero
A Talk
A Good Gopher
Pixelator
Designing An Album
Kwami Trouble
Princess Fishstink
Chat Noir and Silver Moonrise
Miraculous Talk Ft. Butterflies
I Say No Akumatising
Lie-la The Fox
Convincing
Volpina
Underlies
The Great Guardian
Questions I Have For You

Sabotage

19.1K 846 575
By Ziy_ing

"Alright, I've got the language part down, what do you think of these flowers?" Asked Marinette holding out a bouquet of purple flowers for me.

"They're really pretty, but I would change the color of the wrapping."

"You're right," said Marinette and started switching up the wrapping paper. But she accidentally dropped the flowers on to the ground.

"Oh, no," she groaned as she picked up the flowers from the ground.

"Stop panicking, you're going to forget everything you learned just now!"

"My mom's uncle is a super famous Chinese chef! How could I not be nervous?"

*Ding dong*

Mariette gasped. "He's here!"

I went to open the door as Marinette tripped over the living room couch.

Cheng Sifu put a fist into the other hand. "你好。" (Hello.)

"我-" (I-)

"Hello, Mari, you're at Nette's! Wait, no. Um-"

"Calm down, Marinette. Now remember what I taught you," I said, putting a hand on her shoulder.

Marinette nodded her head and took a deep breath. "我是玛丽内特, 欢迎来到我的家。"I gave her a thumbs up.

"你好,我的名字是银。我是玛丽内特的朋友。"I said after Marinette had finished. (Hello, my name is Yin. I'm a friend of Marinette's)

Marinette directed him into the living room.

"Cheng Sifu, 请问你做了多少年的厨师?" (Cheng Sifu, how long have you been a chef?)"

"应该有二十年了吧。" Said Cheng Sifu (Probably around twenty years already.)

"是吗?玛丽内特告诉我您是个世界名厨师呢!" (Really? Marinette told me that you are a world famous chef!)

Poor Marinette was sitting awkwardly between us, not understanding anything.

Suddenly, the door bell rang again. Wait, it's not Adrien, is it? I already came to help Marinette.

"Hey, Marinette!" What do you know, it was indeed sunshine boy.

"Adrien? What are you doing here?" Asked Marinette. I could see how happy she was that there was someone who she could speak to.

"Alya called me! She told me that you needed someone who speaks Chinese, well here I am. Translator at your service!"

Of course it be Alya, who else. Even though I had already said in the group chat that I would help Marinette. That sneaky little brunette, I love her.

"What? But Yin already- Oh!" Marinette caught on. "Then, please come in, come in."

"I'll- Wait, Yin? W-what are you grooving- I mean doing! W-what are you doing here?"

"Well, I'm here to help Marinette translate what Cheng Sifu says, but apparently, Alya didn't read my message."

"Oh- Wait, you can speak Chinese?" Asked Adrien, shocked. As if someone just told him he's blind.

"Yup."

"Wow, how many languages do you speak?"

"Well, there French, and then English, Chinese. There's also Korean and Malay. I'm planning to learn Japanese too, since it's similar to Chinese," flexed to author.

"Okay, that out of the way, let's get going to the Le Grand Paris!"

********

The four of us are piled up in Adrien's ride, with the three of us in the backseats and Cheng Sifu in the front one.

Fortunately, I wasn't sitting it the middle seat. Unfortunately, Adrien was.

"Cheng Sifu, chi chi ni ti yi chi tai pa li ma?" Asked Adrien.

In that moment, I forgot about the awkward tension between us and gave Adrien a *insert confused face meme here*. "What dafuq did you just say?"

"I asked him whether or not he came to Paris before. I thought you could speak Chinese?"

"Yes, I can, but apparently, you can't. No offense, but that accent worse than Marinette's. I need the contact number of your teacher so that I can roast him later. If you want to ask that question of yours, you say, 'Cheng Sifu, 这是你第一次来巴黎吗?" (Is this your first time in Paris?)

"啊,不。我三十年前来过这里。你说一口流利的中文话!" (Oh, no. I came here once thirty years ago. You are quite fluent in Chinese!)

"谢谢你, Cheng Sifu!" (Thank you, Cheng Sifu!)

"Wow, your Chinese is great! Maybe I do need a new teacher..."

"Na, you just need more practice! I could help you out! I taught Marinette how to introduce herself within two hours, but she is a great learner. Right, Marinette?"

"Yeah! Yin is incredible isn't she Adrien?" Asked Marinette. Girl, we're talking about you here.

"你们 how old, ah?" Cheng Sifu suddenly asked. (How old are you all?)

"Cheng Sifu, you speak English?" Asked Marinette.

"Ah, no. 我的英语 not good! Not good! Not 像银的 Chinese." (My English not good! Not like Yin's Chinese.)

His English is definitely worse than how it is on the show. This is way more realistic!

"至少我能明白你说的话。" I laughed. (At least I can understand what you said.)

"Ahem, I might not pronounce it well, but I can still understand Chinese, you know," said Adrien.

"Whoops, sorry..." I sheepishly said.

********

"Since our world's greatest chef contest kicked off, the best culinary masters from around he globe have been blowing our finds with their gastronomical creations!" Narrated Alec.

"Cheng Sifu!" Greeted the mayor. "I am delighted and honored to have you here on our final show! Where you will have a chance to defeat all the chefs that have competed thus far."

Noticing that Cheng Sifu looked confused, I walked up to him and translated what Mayor Bourgeois said. "他说他很高兴也很荣幸有你来参加最后一场演出! 您将有机会击败迄今为止参加过比赛的所有厨师。"

He nodded his head in understanding and turned to the mayor. "Thank you," he said.

"Only one can be awarded with the tittle of world's greatest chef! The winner's dish will become the new mayor special on the Grand Paris's restaurant menu!

"Tell us, Cheng Sifu. What dish will you be honoring our panel with today?"

"他问您今天会用什么菜来纪念他们的小组。" I whispered.

"Oh, my dish 是 Celestial Soup!" Announced Cheng Sifu. (is)

"Wow! We've heard so much about your legendary soup, but today, we'll actually get to taste it!" Alec said excitedly.

"Cheng Sifu,您会不会需要我和你一起去?" I asked. (Cheng Sifu, do you me to come with you?)

"不需要吧。Cooking needs no words," said Cheng Sifu. (No need.)

He then left with Alec to the kitchen.

"I'm really sorry for bothering you guys," apologized Marinette. "I really thought he couldn't speak English!"

"It's okay Marinette. I got to practice my Chinese!" Said Adrien.

"Hey, you still up for those lessons, Adrien?" I asked.

"Sure, I have to ask my father though."

It was now I actually realized what I had just gotten myself into.

"Well look who it is, my favorite people! Marinette Dupain-Cheng and Yin Lin. Seriously, Marinette. Does your great uncle really expect to win the contest with a soup? It's not even a main dish! Puh-lease! Doesn't he know how to make sushi like everyone else?"

"Japanese people make sushi Chloe, Cheng Sifu is Chinese!" Explained Adrien.

"Just goes to show what happens when you dump all your homework on someone else," I stated. "Besides, there is no requirement that the dish has to be a main one. For a judge on the show, you sure no little to nothing about it!"

"And he's not like 'everyone else'," added Marinette. "My great uncle is the best chef in the world! His soup is legendary!"

"Well I hate soup-"

"Probably another reason why you're so dumb," I said, cutting her off.

"Shut up! Your great uncle will definitely not get my vote!

"Oh, ya?" Asked Marinette. "We'll he doesn't need your vote to win! There are other judges with much better taste than yours!"

"You two made a big mistake!" Said Chloe.

"Don't worry, if you go sabotage Cheng Sifu's soup, we'll know!" I called to her as she stomped away. "You think we should follow her? She would likely do it even if I was just kidding."

"I don't think so, the most Chloe will do is give Cheng Sifu a zero. Besides, we're not allowed in the kitchens," informed Adrien.

"Okay then..." I said, following my friends to the judge's table.

********

"As usual, our panel of judges is made up of Andre Bourgeois, the mayor of Paris and the owner of his luxury hotel! His daughter, Chloe, representing the younger generation." Alec, you're giving us a bad reputation.

"Pop rock star Jagged Stone and his killer crocodile Fang. And finally there's the divine head chef of this very hotel, Marlena Césaire, and yours truly, Alec!"

"Now, it's time to determine the fate of Cheng Sifu's famous Celestial Soup. Let's get tasting!"

Everyone but Chloe excitedly dug into the soup, making me realize that Adrien doesn't know his friend as well as he thinks.

Alec was the first the spit out his mouthful of soup. "Bleh! What is this?"

The mayor was next. "Um, I don't think this soup would fare well with our guest. I'll give it a three out of ten!"

"Seeing as it seems pretty unappetizing, I think I'll pass on the tasting. But, I'll still be giving it a zero out of ten!" Oh, shut up Chloe.

"Ugh!" Cried Jagged Stone. "It's like kissing a singer from the Zombies! Negative zero!"

"I'm sorry, but it's inedible," Miss Marlena said as politely as she could. "I give it a one out of ten."

Although Cheng Sifu didn't understand English well, the reactions from the judges had made his face fell.

"No way! Chloe sabotaged the soup! Let me try it!" Demanded Marinette.

"Marinette, no!" I said, pulling her arm

"I'm sorry, but I will not let Chloe get away with this!"

She pulled away her arm and tasted the soup from Chloe's bowl since she was the only one who hadn't tried it yet.

"银,你可以告诉我玛丽内特在做什么吗?" Asked Cheng Sifu. (Yin, can you tell me what's going on?)

"玛丽内特认为你的汤被克洛伊破坏了。" I answered. (Marinette thinks that your soup has ben sabotaged by Chloe.)

"Oh, can me try it?" He asked the judges.

When he had gotten his approval, Cheng Sifu filled another bowl with his soup and tried it. 

"喔! 玛丽内特说的对,我肯定没加鱼骨进我的汤!" Exclaimed Cheng Sifu. 

The confused judges looked to me.

"Oh, uh, he said that Marinette is right, and that he never added fish bones into his soup," I translated.

"Well, I'm sorry Cheng Sifu, but I'm giving you a zero out of ten too, which brings your score to 0.8! The lowest so far! Your Celestial Soup will therefore not be in the hotel's menu this year, and you will not be named world's greatest chef!" Do you really have to rub it in, Alec?

I didn't even need to translate for Cheng Sifu for him to know that he had lost. He hung his head low as he walked towards the kitchen.

"Cheng Sifu, 等一下!" (wait!)

"Shame is on Celestial Soup," said Cheng Sifu. "I'll not be world's greatest chef."

He retreated to the kitchen.

"Let's wait downstairs for him," Adrien suggested.

"No! He might get akumatised!"

"Then Ladybug and Chat Noir will save the day!"

"Yes, but isn't prevention better than cure?"

"True, but Cheng Sifu looked like he wants to be alone."

"I guess...You go a head first, Marinette and I need to have a talk."

"Oh, sure!"

I dragged Marinette into a corner.

"I can walk, you know!" She said, annoyed that I had

"Yes, I do. Okay, Tikki I need your opinion on this too."

Tikki popped her head out of Marinette's purse. "What is it, Yin?"

"I think Marinette should hand her earrings over the me."

"What? No!"

"Temporarily. If your great uncle gets akumatised, you might become a minion or something since you ate his soup! And if that happens, what's going to happen to Ladybug? I'm only going to hold the earrings until we get home, then I'll give it back to you right away!"

Marinette still looked unsure.

"Look, I don't want to be a superhero either, but this is just last resort. Do you not trust me?"

My friend too a deep breath and handed her earrings over to me.

"Thank you, I'll take good care of them!"

"Please do so and- Ugh! My stomach!"

Oh, no.

"Run, Yin, and go transform. I think what you just theorized might be coming true!"

"I-I-"

"Go!"

I quickly ran.

I had only thought about using the miraculous in case of an emergency, not really doing it! And although I had helped with akumas before, the thought of holding a miraculous scares me.

My hands trembled as I put on the Ladybug earrings. Where did all my confidence from before disappear to?

"Yin, it's okay! You can do this!" Cheered Tikki as soon as I put on the earrings.

"Thanks," I took a deep breath. "Tikki, spots on!"

********

Oh my godddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd!!!!!!

Also, if u liked the chap, pls vote :D Ur one small action helps alot <3

Word count: 1929

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 2.9K 19
Adrien Agreste may seem like he has everything together. Being a famous model, all the girls crushing on him, secretly living a double life as a famo...
38.2K 1.1K 56
in which marinette and chat noir spend all their free time together and realize they are in love. love, however, kinda sucks at times. they realize t...
13.1K 348 10
Coming to Paris definitely changed me at the age of 18, I originally had different intentions before setting my roots here, but that dream changed ev...
188K 4.6K 68
COMPLETED Female pronouns, but change them if you wish. Also I am biologically female, have straight greasy hair, so it doesn't keep curls or braids...