3 Paths to Love

By MimSSog

Three omega brothers, Taeyong, Seunghyeon, and Myungsuk, set out to navigate three very different life stages... More

Author Notes - Awards
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Extra: Wishes
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Special: To Fight like a Pirate [Seunghyeon x Kwangsun]
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Special: Little Red Riding Hood AU [Seunghyeon & Kwangsun] (18+)
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Autism Acceptance Month
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Q&A Announcement
Chapter 31
Q & A
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Hiatus Update
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58 (Part 1/2)
Chapter 58 (Part 2/2)
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61

Chapter 43

76 10 8
By MimSSog

Myungsuk fiddled with his mask as he paced outside the door. 'Department of Astronomy Offices' was printed on the plaque on the wall above birch double doors. He tried not to peek through the glass, but every time he spotted someone moving between the offices inside, he'd jump and hold his breath.

Insoo insisted Myungsuk should come to the University and meet with the astronomy club. Insoo mentioned that everyone was really nice and wanted to meet him. But even if that was the case, Myungsuk couldn't help but fiddle with his mast and twist his sleeves taut.

A few minutes passed before Myungsuk spotted Insoo out the window. He bounced on his toes until he realized Insoo was with two strangers. Myungsuk paused and gnawed his lip as Insoo pulled the doors open and walked into the building, Insoo's eyes lighting up when he spotted him.

"Hi, Myungsuk," Insoo said, hurrying over. "Sorry, class just ended. Were you waiting long?"

"Was I waiting long?" Myungsuk shook his head. He pressed himself against Insoo, burying his nose against his chest. He didn't care if it was inappropriate, he wanted to be close. The university smelt unfamiliar and stale.

Insoo hesitated for a moment before wrapping his arm around his shoulder and leaned down, whispering. "Can I introduce you to my friends? They're a part of the club too."

Myungsuk took a deep breath and nodded. He pulled back around, but was glad Insoo still held him. "Guys, this is Myungsuk. Myungsuk, this is Zara and Boonnam."

Myungsuk politely nodded his head at them, mumbling a hello. Boonnam was a gangly guy with plain features and hair tied back into a small ponytail. He was not nearly as interesting to look at as Zara. Myungsuk blinked at her headwrap and floral hoop earrings.

"It's so nice to meet you, Myungsuk," Zara gushed, almost taking his hands before Insoo stepped back. Myungsuk bit his lip when she furrowed her immaculate eyebrows, but she smiled nevertheless. "Are you excited for today? Insoo's told us a lot about you."

"He has?" Myungsuk asked, looking up at Insoo, who smiled his sheepish grin and shrugged.

"Not that much. Just a little," he confessed.

"I doubt anyone would constitute that as a little," Boonnam said.

Zara giggled, nodding. "Yeah. Insoo gushes about you all the time."

Insoo's face reddened. "I-I," he met Myungsuk's wide-eyed gaze. He rubbed the back of his neck and looked away. "It's hard not to when you're so cool," he said softly.

Myungsuk wiggled his toes and leaned into Insoo's side. Did Insoo think he was cool?

Insoo tightened his arm around him and cleared his throat. "Let's go. Everyone's probably waiting for us."

"Wait, are we not meeting in there?" Myungsuk asked, pointing to the doors.

"No. The offices are too small for a club meeting," Boonnam said and started to walk in the opposite direction, and they followed suit.

"So, how long have you two been dating," Zara asked.

"5 months and 10 days," Myungsuk answered immediately.

"Wow, that's a while," Zara shot a playful glare at Insoo. "We wouldn't know since you never use social media."

"I don't like everyone knowing my business," Insoo said

Myungsuk nodded. "Agreed."

Zara looked at both of them before shaking her head. "You guys are so cute together," she squeaked before reaching into her purse. "Do you have kakao, at least?"

"Ah, yes–" Myungsuk cut himself off, blinking at her phone case. It was the same case he and Insoo bought months ago. "You're the friend that likes Galactica," he gasped.

"Huh?" Zara checked her phone case and grinned. "Oh yeah!" She giggled and nodded. "I remember Insoo said his friend helped him pick this. I guess he meant you." Zara giggled. "Thank you, by the way. I really love it."

"You're welcome," Myungsuk smiled behind his mask, curling his toes. He'd never met another Galactica fan in person. His chest bubbled up with a million questions but it was cut short when Boonnam scanned his keycard, unlocking a door.

Myungsuk shook his head. No, he had to stay focused. Club meeting first. Galactica second.

When Boonnman and Zara walked in, Insoo turned to him. "There's seven people inside. They're all really nice, but if you don't want to talk that's okay," he said before handing his keycard to Myungsuk. "You can come in and out whenever. Tell me when you're ready."

Myungsuk held the card to his chest, his heart fluttering for another reason. Wow, he was the luckiest person in the world to be with someone as loving, caring, and kind as Insoo. Myungsuk took his hand and nodded. "I'm ready."

He scanned Insoo's card and they walked into the small meeting room, gulping when all eyes turned to him, squeezing Insoo's hand.

"You're finally here." Dr. Kang got up from his seat at the head of the oval table and walked over. His hair was as unruly as he remembered, but the knit sweater emphasized his plump belly, making him look more casual than on stage. If Appa was older and less conscious of appearance, this is how he'd look. "It's nice to finally meet you again."

Myungsuk was grateful he didn't reach out to shake hands and bowed his head, shuffling his feet. "Thank you for inviting me, Dr. Kang. I was really worried you hated me because I ran out that time and we didn't even talk that much so I didn't expect you to remember me–" Myungsuk bit his tongue, cutting himself off.

"Well, running off did make you memorable," Dr. Kang said with a soulful laugh and Myungsuk tried not to purse his lips. "But, Insoo here convinced me to give you another chance."

Myungsuk smiled up at Insoo and fought the urge to kiss him. Insoo chuckled. "It's the least I could do. Myungsuk's really talented."

Dr. Kang nodded. "You're kind like that, Insoo. Your parents must be very proud."

Insoo paused and gave a curt nod, his expression almost startled. But Myungsuk was quickly distracted when Dr. Kang turned to him.

"I know some omegas are quite confident in crowds like Zara. But my mate also gets very anxious like you."

Myungsuk tilted his head at Zara, who cheerfully waved at him. Myungsuk shyly waved back before turning to Dr. Kang. "Thank you for understanding," he said and nodded his head again.

"Of course," Dr. Kang said with a bright smile and turned to the group.

"Hello, hello," he called out, the murmurs of the group falling silent as they turned to look at them. "Today, we have a special guest. I'm sure you've heard about him already, thanks to his hype-man, Insoo."

The group chuckled and Insoo turned his face away, hiding his blush and sheepish grin.

"Please welcome, Park Myungsuk. I hope we make him feel right at home," Dr. Kang finished and the group clapped.

Myungsuk gnawed at the inside of his cheek as the applause died down and felt his heart pick up.

"Uh," he gulped and squeezed Insoo's hand. "I don't have an introduction ready," he whispered.

"It's okay," Insoo said. "Why don't we sit down? We don't need to be so formal."

"Huh?" Myungsuk looked up at him and bit his lip, feeling Insoo lace their fingers together. Nodding, Myungsuk sat down between Insoo and Zara.

Zara offered him a soft smile. "It's okay. We'll get to know you organically," she said before turning to the others. "Should we continue where we left off last week?"

There was a murmur of agreement and Myungsuk frowned. "What was last week?"

"We want to get together to see Saturn in a few weeks," Insoo whispered. "We're figuring out where to go."

"Oh," Myungsuk nodded slowly.

"Yup. So far we have the campus, obviously. But also Bukhansan park," Zara explained.

"I like Bukhansan park. It's pretty," Myungsuk said, tugging his sleeves, glancing at Insoo. "I can bring snacks."

The group's eruption made Myungsuk flinch. But when he realized it was out of enthusiasm, Myungsuk peeked up, hesitantly joining the conversation. And soon, they were planning a full picnic and with their star-gazing night, Myungsuk included.

Myungsuk bounced with each step as he held Insoo's hand, swinging their arms. His giddiness bubbled up into giggles and he swayed, wondering if this was what being drunk feels like.

"Did you have fun?" Insoo asked, helping Myungsuk balance on the edge of the sidewalk.

With a big nod, Myungsuk grinned. "Yeah. Lots of fun," he said and hummed. "I can't wait to see them again. I've never been invited somewhere like that before."

Myungsuk stopped and turned to Insoo, shuffling his feet. "Thank you," he murmured.

Insoo's smile softened. "I didn't do anything. They like you for you."

Myungsuk wiggled his toes and sucked in his breath. "Still." The chain of events leading to him meeting all those cool people would have never happened if it wasn't for Insoo. Myungsuk nuzzled Insoo's shoulder. "I love you," Myungsuk said softly.

The rumble in Insoo's chest made Myungsuk shudder. "I love you too," Insoo whispered, kissing the top of Myungsuk's head.

"...Home."

Insoo raised his eyebrow. "Do you want me to take you home?"

Myungsuk pulled back. "Do I want you to take me home? Yes please." Myungsuk spun on his heels, pressing their chests together. "Taeyong-Hyung isn't home," Myungsuk said, blinking up at Insoo with doe-eyes.

Insoo blushed. "He isn't? What about the others?"

Myungsuk shook his head and pushed up on his toes. "What about the others? They're always late on Tuesdays. And so will Taeyong-Hyung today. Otherwise, he'd pick me up," he said and stretched a bit higher until he brushed the tips of their noses together. "He said he'll be late. And I'll be home alone."

"So, you want me to come over?" Insoo asked, lowering his voice and dragging his words, letting out his toasty scent despite his red ears. "And do stuff?"

Myungsuk batted his eyelashes and giggled under his gaze. "Yeah. Let's go home and do stuff."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.7K 869 23
Taehyung, a sweet omega, and Jungkook, a fragile alpha, share a unique bond as family friends. They reunite twice a year in their hometown Seonju. Su...
73K 5.3K 44
[𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗗] A journey of Kim Taehyung, Royal Prince of the Kingdom of Daegu, who escaped the imperial palace in search of his mate. What hap...
8.6K 232 22
Cross posted from AO3 Seungcheol pines over the prettiest and h/rniest omegas he's ever met. Polyamorous pack dynamics ensue.
858K 39.9K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...