My Second Chance At Life || T...

By lills321

Suzuki Aoi wakes up from an accident and suddenly regains memories of her past life. Being a prodigy, her pre... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Where Have I Heard This Name Before?
Chapter 2 - Just An Extra Character
Chapter 3 - That Girl
Chapter 4 - First Name
Chapter 5 - A Game Of Chase
Chapter 6 - Desires
Chapter 7 - Adorable
Chapter 8 - Peyoung Yakisoba
Chapter 9 - For A Friend
Chapter 10 - Favourite Stranger
Chapter 11 - Comfort Character
Chapter 12 - Before The Battle
Chapter 13 - Toman Vs. Valhalla
Chapter 14 - Thank You
Chapter 15 - After The Storm
Chapter 15.5 - Little Brother
Chapter 16 - First Love
Chapter 17 - Other Side
Chapter 18 - Partners
Chapter 19 - Familiar Faces
Chapter 20 - Nostalgia
Chapter 21 - Mysteries
Chapter 22 - Deja Vu
Chapter 23 - An Encounter To Remember
Chapter 24 - Sakura
Chapter 25 - Fever
Chapter 26 - Family
Chapter 27 - New Addition To The Family
Chapter 28 - Toman Vs. Black Dragons
Chapter 29 - Happy New Year
Chapter 30 - Our Secret
Chapter 31 - Next Step
Chapter 32 - Practice
Chapter 33 - Phone
Chapter 35 - After-school Surprise
Chapter 36 - Arcade & Guns
Chapter 37 - Girls' Talk

Chapter 34 - Making Plans

5.3K 389 42
By lills321

[ A/N: OMG WE JUST REACHED 100K ASJKALHFNVKJLFEAKNVJVBIJ!! To everyone who decided to read this book, thank you so much and ily🥺!!! I'll be updating some fluffy chapters to celebrate<3 Happy reading everyone~ ]

____________________________

"So.. your phone?" I smile after Inupi calms down a bit. He gives it to me and I enter my number, asking him to do the same with my phone. As he returns my phone, it suddenly rings and I look at the caller ID, 'Nishinoya'

Hurriedly grabbing the phone, I walk a bit away from where Inupi is standing and answer the call. As soon as I pick up, I'm greeted with Hanma's deep voice.

"Aoi, we're meeting on Friday, right?" 

"Yup. We'll need to discuss info." 

"About that, can we change the location? I have a feeling Kisaki's slowly catching onto things." He says a bit hesitantly.

Feeling surprised by his worried-sounding voice, I reply to him cautiously. "Alright.. But is everything okay?" 

"Yeah totally~" He returns to his usual teasing tone. "I'll text you the address later~"

"Okay~" I mimic his way of speaking causing him to laugh at the sound. As I end the call, I can't help but think to myself. 'Hmm.. I wonder if something's wrong..'

Walking back to where Inupi was waiting, I notice a few people behind the wall. 

"Who was that?" Inupi asks curiously.

"Just a friend I made recently." I answer while still looking at the wall, wondering if I saw things wrong. 'Was that Hina I just saw..? I couldn't see it clearly.'

"Is something the matter?" Inupi asks me worriedly, causing me to get a bit startled and break away from my thoughts. 

"No no, it's nothing. I just thought I saw someone I knew. Sorry." I sheepishly smile and he smiles back in relief. 

"I'll have to get going now. It was fun today~" I say to the boy, preparing to part our ways. 

"If it's okay, I'll walk you home?" He asks in a gentle manner. 

"Thanks but.. I actually wanted to confirm whether I did see someone I know.." I give a closed-eye smile at his offer. 

"I can wait here!" He replies almost immediately. 

"But I wouldn't want to keep you waiting.. It could take some time.." I say hesitantly but he just smiles at me. "It's okay. No matter how long it takes, I can wait."

'He's really sweet..'

"Thank you then!" I grin at him. As he smiles back, I slowly make my way towards the suspicious figures that were hiding behind the wall.

'As expected, I did see Hina!'

"What are you guys doing here?" I ask the three girls that were bickering amongst themselves. They yelp in surprise. 

"Aoi! We were.. just going somewhere then we saw you nearby.. I was about to call you out but you were with Inui..." Yuzuha says to me.

"You didn't tell me that you met your first love!" Emma complains and I can't help but chuckle at her pouting expression.

"So that's why you guys decided to follow us?" I ask.

"Yeah.." Hina replies sheepishly. "We wanted to see you two." 

I chuckle at their expressions. 'All of them look so cute now..' I smile.

"I was just helping him out." I tell the truth to them. 

"So it wasn't a date?" Yuzuha asks and I nod at her.

'Our ship is still safe..' The three of them think in unison while sighing in relief.

'Eh? Why do they look so relieved?' I look at them confused.

"I know! We should meet up this coming Saturday! Spend some time with just us girls and talk about life together!" Emma says excitedly, clapping her hands together.

"Yeah! We can meet up at my place!" Hina cheerfully adds.

"Uhm.." I speak cautiously, not wanting to ruin the jolly atmosphere. "I actually have plans with a friend that day.." 

"Really?" Emma pouts. "Is it someone we know? A date..?"

"No no!" I reply flustered. "It's a childhood friend of mine. Her name's Sakura."

"We can invite her as well then!" Yuzuha beams and I can't bring myself to refuse these three anticipating faces. 

"I.. uhm.. I'll ask her and if she's okay with it.."

"Yayy!" The three of them cheer in unison.

"Oh, sorry for not asking. I just realised." Yuzuha says to me after the short cheering ceremony they just did. "What kind of plans did you have? If it's okay, we can do it together as well!"

"It's nothing much really." I smile. "We usually celebrate my birthday by hanging out together like this."

"....."

An awkward silence surrounds us and I slightly tilt my head, confused at the atmosphere.

"Birthday?!?!" The three of them shout, making the people around the road look at us weirdly.

I smile and nod my head. 

"This Saturday?" Hina asks to confirm.

"Yup!" I nod again while replying.

"Why didn't you tell us about your birthday?" Emma whines. 

"No one's ever asked though.. And I don't really put much importance on it as well.. It's just getting one year older.." I start to ramble a bit but Yuzuha places a hand to cover my mouth and stop me from speaking.

"We need to celebrate! You have to come over and we will celebrate together." Hina grabs my arms and looks at me with puppy eyes. "I.. I still need to ask Sakura." I stutter a bit at their adorableness. 'Ugh.. these cute people..'

"I'm sure she'll understand. Won't it be fun celebrating together?" Yuzuha questions. 'I mean.. I did plan to introduce the girls to Sakura as well.. but I didn't think it would be so early..'

"...Okay." I say after pondering for a brief moment. 'Sakura will definitely enjoy the company. She always tells me how I should try celebrating my birthday with more friends anyway..'

The three girls in front of me smile victoriously. "I'll text you after I ask her." I say to them and they excitedly nod in agreement.

"I think I've kept him waiting for too long. I should go now." I point at Inupi who is patiently waiting for me while fiddling with his phone.

"Wait.. he was still there?" Yuzuha says in a deflated tone. 

"Yeah, he was waiting for me." I smile. 

"Did-" Emma was about to ask something but Yuzuha quickly stopped her. "He must have waited a long time! You should go now!" Yuzuha smiles at me. 

"Yeah, I should probably get going now." I smile and wave goodbyes to the girls, hurriedly making my way towards the boy that was waiting ever so patiently.

.

.

After Aoi leaves, Emma asks Yuzuha why she stopped her. 

"You were going to ask her whether she told Inui about him being her first love, weren't you?" Yuzuha folds her arms while Emma looks at her surprised. 

"How did you read my mind..?"

"It was obvious." Yuzuha laughs, not being able to keep her serious facade. "If she has already said it, there's nothing we can do. But, if she hasn't and you tell her about it, what if she decides to say it to him because she's reminded now?!" Yuzuha whines. "That would be a major loss to our ships."

"That's true.." Emma says in a serious tone.

"I can't wait to hear the full story from Aoi when we meet this Saturday." Hina chirps in happily, changing the present mood. "But about her birthday.. I think it's best if we don't tell the boys."

"I was thinking the same." Yuzuha agrees. "If we say it to them directly, it won't be meaningful!"

"We need to give hints to them so that they ask Aoi themselves." Emma says, looking all motivated.

"Yes! And if they ask her directly, they have an excuse to ask Aoi out for a birthday celebration together, basically a 'date'! If the others don't ask about her birthday.. 

Hina's words are completed by Yuzuha and Emma, "It will be a plus point for the one who asks."

"Yes yes yes! Now we know what to do!" Hina happily cheers. 

"But we can't tell anyone to ask her directly, okay? Everyone shall follow this rule." Yuzuha raises her fists in the air. 

"Yes, we'll only give them hints about it. They'll need to catch on to it themselves!"

.

.

As the three girls were making their own plans for their ship, Inui was walking Aoi to her home.

"Sorry I kept you waiting for so long." I apologise guiltily.

"It's no problem. I told you I'd wait." He smiles and shrugs it off, making me feel relieved.

I smile back at the boy. "Do you remember that place where we first met?" I ask Inupi.

"Of course!" He replies. "I used to live around there before but we moved to a different part of the city later."

"Oh.. So that's why I couldn't see you around there anymore. I don't remember it clearly but I think I went there a couple of times afterwards.. to see whether you would be there or not." I chuckle at the memories.

"You did..?" A faint blush can be seen on Inupi's cheeks. "I did go there sometimes too."

"Really? Looks like our timings never matched." I say in a sad tone. 

"It seems so.." Inupi replies. He coughs a little, clearing his throat. "After the cherry blossoms bloom again, wanna go there together?"

"But it's still January?" I laugh. "It will take at least two more months for them to bloom."

"I'm making this plan in advance so I'll be the first person you'll watch the cherry blossoms with." He declares confidently. 

'I wanted to tease him but if he comes off this strongly.. I'll be the one feeling flustered instead!'

"Uh.. okay! Let's go watch them together!" I say in a cheerful tone, hiding my embarrassment. "I wonder if the place is more crowded than in the past now." I recompose myself. "Before, it was like a hidden place."

"I hope it isn't crowded." Inupi sighs.

"Me too.." I sigh along. 

"There was something I wanted to ask." Inupi says all of a sudden. 

"Hmm?" I question.

"You never asked about this scar." He says, pointing to the deep burn scar.

'It never crossed my mind because I already know about it...'

"Hmm.. Was it painful?" I ask after hesitating a bit.

He looks at me in a confused manner.

"It's just.. it looks like it would have hurt a lot when you first got it." I add to my question. 

"Y-Yeah.. It was difficult.."  "But it was more of a psychological damage than a physical one.." He mumbles the last sentence but I hear him. I choose to not ask him about it because it would probably be difficult for him to share.

"It's the first time.."

"First time?" I question his words.

"Someone asked if it was painful." He smiles, "They're usually scared or keep asking me how I got it."

"I see.. Are they scared because of the scar?"

"Sometimes.. Usually kids get scared." He lets out a small chuckle but it doesn't seem sincere. 'I wonder if he feels conscious about the scar at times.. He doesn't seem like the type of person that would though..'

"I'm sure it's not because of the scar that they're scared. It's probably because of your aura that screams 'gang' member." I joke a little to lighten the mood.

"You think so?" He laughs. 

"Yup. Plus you went through something difficult when you got that scar right?"

"Hmm?" 

"I don't know if this would help but.. you could try to think of your scar as a reminder that you made it through something difficult! Not only as a painful memory from the past.. but something that reminds you that you've survived. And.. I'm glad you did.. because we can finally meet again." I grin at the boy.

Inupi's face looks wonderstruck for a brief moment.

"Yes.. Thank you Aoi." He says with utmost sincerity in his voice. "I'm glad we met again." He smiles, as if a huge burden has been lifted off his shoulders. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 6.7K 50
"๐–๐‡๐„๐ ๐–๐„ ๐†๐„๐“ ๐Ž๐‹๐ƒ๐„๐‘, ๐‹๐„๐“'๐’ ๐†๐„๐“ ๐Œ๐€๐‘๐‘๐ˆ๐„๐ƒ. ๐๐‘๐Ž๐Œ๐ˆ๐’๐„?" -๐‘๐˜๐”๐†๐”๐‰๐ˆ ๐Š๐„๐ '๐ƒ๐‘๐€๐Š๐„๐' "๐๐‘๐Ž๐Œ๐ˆ๐’๐„." -(๐‹/๐)...
303K 13.6K 96
takemichi was stuck. he didn't know how to save mikey, but he still chose to dive back into the past and keep his promise. as he did so, he was back...
257K 11.4K 58
(Y/N) (L/N) Is Takemitchi Hanagaki's cousin and childhood bestfriend, she was a kind and caring person, but ever since (Y/N) transferred at the Phili...
274K 11.5K 54
แด˜สœแดแด›แดษขส€แด€แด˜สœ ใ€Œ various!tokyo revengers x f!reader ใ€ โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” โ ๐’œ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐“‰๐’พ๐“‚๐‘’'๐“ˆ ๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐’ป๐“‡๐‘œ๐“๐‘’๐“ƒ, ๐“ˆ๐“‰๐’พ๐“๐“ โž โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” ...