Our Other Place In The Sun

By Durden42

Rem and Subaru one night get mysteriously transported into Subaru's world. Subaru helps Rem get adjusted to a... More

Chapter 1 (The Rising Sun)
Chapter 2 (Far From Lugnica)
Chapter 3 (Reunited At Last)
Chapter 4 (Bad Romance)
Chapter 5 (An Unexpected Turn)
Chapter 7 (Double The Love)
Chapter 8 (Romance of the Three Kingdoms)
Chapter 9 (Old Friends)
Chapter 10 (A Strange Man, In A Strange Place)
Chapter 11 (I See Everything)
Chapter 12 (Sick Day)
Chapter 13 (The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword)
Chapter 14 (The Bell Tolls For Us)
Chapter 15 (Seriously!?)
Chapter 16 (Subaru's Long Lost Journal)
Chapter 17 (My True Friend)
Chapter 18 (Sweet Harmony)
Chapter 19 (Academical)
Chapter 20 (Völva)
Chapter 21(Tear Down This Wall)
Chapter 22 (Take That, von Hasburgs)
Chapter 23 (The Emerald Isle)
Chapter 24 (Bad Blood)
Chapter 25 (Crusader Kings)
Chapter 26 (Crusader Kings 2)
Chapter 27 (Our Words Are Backed With Nuclear Weapons)
Chapter 28 (Keeping It In The Family)
Chapter 29 (Trading The Narrow Path)
Chapter 30 (With a Little Help..)
Chapter 31 (Death Or Dishonor Or Cake)
Chapter 32 (The Good, the Bad, and the Weird)
Chapter 33 (Where The Heart Is)
Chapter 34 (AAA Credit)

Chapter 6 (Going Places)

853 18 4
By Durden42

It was past lunch time going late into the afternoon. Rem, Ram, and Subaru were all sitting in the living room. Both Ram and Subaru watched Rem play video games.

Subaru thought it was so adorable and funny to see Rem concentrate so hard on a game he always found boring and uninteresting. Rem wasn't doing too well in the game she was playing, she was losing to the easiest of enemies, and getting stuck on the simplest of tasks.

In order to make any kind of progress, she would always have to ask Subaru who would explain what she had to do in her game, or what function each button had on the controller.

Despite the fact she made little progress and had a hard time succeeding in the game she was playing. Rem still found it to be very fun, but Subaru was growing agitated and wanted to rip his hair out seeing Rem make so many obvious mistakes.

Ram on the other hand was watching Rem play with glitter in her eyes. Ram thought it was impossible to even possess this type of revolutionary technology.

Subaru noticed Ram was taking interest in the game Rem was playing and a giant idea formed in his mind.

"Hey Rem and Ram. Do you guys wanna play a game together?" Subaru asked. Rem and Ram turned away from the screen to look at Subaru.

"How do we even play a game together Barusu?" Ram asked.

Subaru responded by getting up and going over to the shelf that held all the video games.

He looked for a multiplayer teamwork type of game that Rem and Ram could play together. He eventually landed on a cooperative puzzle type of game.

It was the perfect game for Rem and Ram; they would most likely find much enjoyment from the teamwork requirements in order to beat it. Subaru grabbed it from the shelf and walked over to Rem.

"Rem save your game, you and Ram are going to be playing a different type of game together" Subaru said.

"Ok Subaru, but how do I save the game?" Rem asked.

"Give me the controller, I can do it for you"

Rem handed him the controller and Subaru saved Rems' game. He walked over to the console and ejected the disk of the very odd choice of game Rem was playing.

Putting the disc into the console, the game loaded up shortly after. Grabbing the second controller on the coffee stand, Subaru walked back over to Rem and Ram preparing to debrief them on their objective.

"Alright so this game is meant to be played by two people. The primary goal of this game is to complete these puzzle levels that require the skills of teamwork and cooperation, so I already know you guys should be naturally good at it" Subaru said.

Before handing the controllers off he started the game up on split screen then passed Rem and Ram their controllers. He then returned to the couch to watch the show.

"Before you guys begin, the left half of the screen is Rems character, and on the right side is Rams character" Subaru said.

With Subarus pregame explanations over with. Rem and Ram began trying to solve the introductory course. Both of them were struggling to control the characters, it got so bad it was actually starting to make Subaru mildly frustrated seeing them struggle to move their characters in a different direction.

He didn't understand what was so hard about the controls that made them struggle for so long. But he then realized that they are lettlerly from a different world, and have been living in the stone age for the entirety of their lives.

The longer they struggled the more bored Subaru became, they just kept failing and struggling to understand the controls. They couldn't even beat the easy introductory course, it was however still entertaining to see them theorize what buttons did what and discuss the game mechanics.

Subaru eventually dozed off to sleep from boredom. Leaving Rem and Ram with no mentoring figure.

After a couple more minutes of struggle, Rem eventually felt like herself and Ram had reached a brick wall, and that Subaru must be awakened in order to give them guidance to their virtual quest.

"Nee-Sama, should we wake Subaru up and ask how to complete this level?"

Ram let out a scoff. "We don't need him, let him have his little sleep. I don't want to give him anymore of the satisfaction of being smarter than us at something." Ram said.

Without Subarus help it took them almost two whole hours to beat the easy introductory course on their own, but they finally did it. Celebrations were short-lived however, as it was made clear that there were more levels that needed to be completed.

Fortunately for them they were both starting to have a vague understanding of the controls and mechanics of the game, so they were able to beat the first puzzle more quickly then the introductory course.

Rem and Ram got about half way, until Subaru finally woke up and admired the progress they were able to make without his advice.

Subaru would continue to watch Rem and Ram communicate and coordinate with each other going late into the evening. To his surprise neither of them asked for help when he finally woke up, they seemed to have grasped how to play the puzzle game.

Though Subaru knew they still had difficulties when it came to some of the puzzles. He knew when they were struggling on something, but still neither of them asked him for help.

It was clear to Subaru they wanted to have the satisfaction of beating a game without Subaru holding their hand and helping them throughout the entire game.

On the bad side, it took them way longer to beat the puzzles. They took so long, it was very late at night until they finally finished the game and the endgame credits rolled.

"Well I got to say I am pretty impressed you guys beat that in one sitting" Subaru said while he was stretching his limbs.

"Barusu all it took was pure intelligence and good coordination skills, and unfortunately for you I don't think you possess either of those," Ram said.

"Subaru you should play with Rem next time. Me or Nee-Sama can teach you how to play it" Rem said happily and enthusiastically.

"Can we just call it a night and go to sleep?" Subaru asked.

"Yes we can go to sleep, goodnight Nee-Sama" Rem said.

She got up from the couch and started to make her way into the bedroom. She stumbled slightly from dizziness as blood started to rush back into her legs.

"Alright Ram, feel free to use whatever pillows or blankets are on the couch. Don't be alarmed if you hear the apartment door opening. That's just my parents returning home late" Subaru said.

"Why are they out so late, Barusu?"

"Probably got caught up in some extra curricular activities. They have a tendency to lose track of time. Anyways, do you want me to turn the lights off or would you like them on?"

"Do you think I'm a little girl that's afraid of the dark, Barusu? Also if you hear anything from Beatrice make sure to tell me. It's of utmost priority that I get back to Rosswal" Ram said.

"I will make sure to tell you if she comes calling. For now, just enjoy Japan while you're here, it's a nice change of scenery from a boring full time maid job aint it?"

"... I guess this place is pretty nice, but I don't want to leave the mansion and Rosswal unattended to for so long"

"How is a couple days a long time? I think you do enough around the mansion already, I think you deserve at least a few days off for your years of service."

"Like you would know anything about being a loyal and good servant"

"You got me there, just head to sleep for now. We will talk about it more tomorrow if you wish"

Ram just gave him a nod, and Subaru turned off all the lights in the apartment before finally making his way into the bedroom.

Rem wasn't yet in the bedroom because she left ttot go take a shower and slip into her nightgown.

This gave Subaru some time to ponder the promise he made to Ram regarding his promise to assist in her romantic life. He already knew she had big feelings when it came to Rosswal, but maybe thought that there could be someone else out there that could possibly catch her eye.

He thought the whole master and servant romantic relationship would be kind of weird. It was certainly not the type of relationship Subaru would really want to help with.

While stuck in thought, Rem finally walked back into the bedroom now ready for bed.

"So what did you and Nee-Sama do on your date this morning?"

"It was not a date! Why would I get romantic with your own sister!" Subaru said.

"I thought you said a date was wh-"

"I know what I said! Listen, what I did with Ram was anything but a date... It was just a... Hangout"

"Alright then, well what did you do with Nee-Sama on your... Hangout?"

"Well just kinda made up for the whole second wife fiasco. She just wanted your new relationship to be secure and look bright. She asked me a couple questions and seemed quite pleased at my response to all of them"

A giant smile came to Rems face upon hearing that Subaru and her sister seemed to have finally found common ground when it came Rems future with Subaru and she couldn't of been more happy.

"Really, Nee-Sama is finally happy for us?"

"Yes Rem, she seemed quite happy for us"

Rem couldn't hold back her happiness and hastily got on top of Subaru without any warning. She then began to makeout with him, and as time progressed it grew increasingly more intimate.

"Is Nee-Sama asleep?"

"I think she is..."

Subaru watched as Rem began taking off her nightgown, but in the corner of his eye he noticed his mirror start to form into a reflection of Beatrice.

"Hello I suppo-" Beatrice stopped introduction mid sentence the second she saw the position Rem and Subaru were in.

"What are you doing here at this time of night!?" Subaru shouted.

He grabbed a pillow and threw it over his face. Rem quickly rolled off of Subaru and tried to hide under the covers.

"Is this a good time I suppose?" Beatrice asked

Subaru took the pillow off of his face and sat up right. Taking a funny note of how Rem was hiding under the covers.

"Just tell me you are already here, also were you the one that sent Ram here?" Subaru asked.

"Of course I was the one that sent her over. Are you guys ready to come back now? The portal is ready to open upon request"

"... Beako, I don't know if you know, but me and Rem have reached an agreement that we two want to live in Japan instead of Lugnica going forward. Ram unsurprisingly wants to go back to Rosswal, but Rem still wants to go and say her goodbyes to Rosswal before... You know"

"I see, well be ready to cross over tomorrow I suppose" Beatrice said

"Wait Beatrice I have one question. When me and Rem start to live here in Japan, is there anyway to contact you to open the portal just in case we wanna go back for a visit" Subaru said

Beatrice looked at Subaru dead in the eyes before responding, "When you guys start living in Japan, you will need to go to work and live your life. This causes problems. If I want to call you guys by the reflective surface connection I can do it easily, but I risk dropping in at an unwanted time. A couple of minutes ago there was a shining example of this, but the real concern is calling while you guys are in the public eye. If too many people find out the link to another world it could set in forth a universal paradox resulting in the destruction of both worlds. But that's only the worst case scenario I suppose" Beatrice said.

"Is there no other way to contact you" Rem asked

"Does your world so happen to have advanced communication devices?" Beatrice asked Subaru

"Yes, we have these things called cell phones. Cell phones make it so we can talk to people who are far away. The downside is that a cell phone can't make calls everywhere. Especially if that somewhere is a different world" Subaru said

"Wrong, I can rework one of the devices to be able to make communications from a far away distance. Just bring me one of them, and I should be able to rework it to be able to receive calls from your world"

"Alright then, I will dig up an old flip phone for you to use. Would that work?"

"Most likely. I will call you when I'm ready tomorrow. Don't go out in public" The picture of Beatrice shifted back into the reflective surface of the mirror.

Rem turned to look at Subaru. "Did she kill the mood?" Rem asked.

"Unfortunately, yes. That was so embarrassing. I can't stop thinking about it" Subaru said.

"Well I guess we just have to wait until tomorrow. This is fine, there is plenty of space in the mansion. We wouldn't want Nee-Sama or your parents to hear us" Rem said as she turned the light off.

Subaru then remembered how his parents actually heard them loud and clear last time. He will never forget how embarrassed he felt when he found out the next morning, but he was also jealous that Rem got the privilege of not knowing that they knew.

Subaru and Rem drifted off to sleep.

Rem awoke early the next morning. She turned over and saw Subaru still fast asleep. Rem has never been able to shake the habit of waking up early.

Rem then remembered that today will be the day she goes back to visit Rosswal with Subaru. She knew that today was an important and big day.

Rem didn't know when Beatrice would call and open the portal. All she knew was that it would be sometime in the early morning. She decided to wake Subaru in case she called while he was still sleeping. Rem turned to Subaru and shook his shoulder to try and wake him

"Subaru wake up please" Rem asked softly.

Hearing Rem call out his name Subaru opened his eyes and let out a giant groan.

"Why Rem, what time is it?" Subaru mumbled.

"Subaru you need to wake up because Lady Beatrice will open the portal anytime now, and I don't want you to be asleep when that happens" Rem said.

She got up from bed and went over to the dresser to retrieve some clothes for the day.

"Oh right I forgot about that" Subaru said as he mustered up the strength to finally get up from bed.

Rem and Subaru got ready like they did every morning

"Alright Rem before we leave for a bit, do we wanna take anything with us?" Subaru asked Rem

"Ummmm, oh those devices Beatrice needed" Rem said. Subaru opened his drawer and rummaged around. He pulled out two outdated flip phones. He placed them in his pocket

"Anything else?" Subarru asked. Rem shook her head unable to think anything else Subaru and Rem needed to bring with them

"Alright lets go wake up Ram and my parents. I think they returned late last night" Subaru said as he opened the door and walked out to see Ram sitting on the couch looking blankly out at the city

"Oh good morning Ram" Subaru said as soon his eyes laid on Ram. Ram turned to look at Subaru and Rem, and bowed her head in greeting

"Hello Nee-Sama how are you" Rem said as she sat down on the opposite couch

"I am doing fine Rem. How was your sleep? Did Subaru keep you up with his snoring?" Ram asked

"I don't snore!" Subaru said in an annoyed tone. Rem giggled at Subaru reaction

"He's fine, Nee-Sama. Rem always sleeps peacefully when next to Subaru" Rem said happily

"Well that's good Rem, anyway Barusu what are we going to be doing today?"

"Today Ram will be the day me and Rem return to the Rosswal mansion to say our formal goodbyes. But do not fwe will still be over to visit often" Subaru said

Ram knew Rem wanted to move on from being a maid of Rosswal, and go into a world of other opportunities. She knew the time had finally come to let Rem break off and become independent.

Ram was very sad to know that Rem and herself would be separated going forward. Knowing that she wasn't going to be able to see her everyday like she did for so long made a small tear fall out of her eye.

"Nee-Sama, please don't be sad. Like Subaru said we will try to visit often" Rem said.

Trying to comfort her sister Rem gave her one giant hug. While Ram was in her embrace she looked over to Subaru.

"You better take good care of her," Ram said.

"I promise you now, she will be of my utmost priority." Subaru said.

The three saw the TV start to form into a reflection of Beatrice

"Are you guys ready I suppose?" Beatrice said skipping any introductions.

"Wait! I need to get my parents!" Subaru said as he dashed to his parents' room. He opened the door quickly. He saw his parents still asleep

"Mom Dad get up!" Subaru said hastily

"What's wrong Subaru" Kenichi said as he bolted upright

"Me, Rem, and Ram are heading back to Lugnica right now, and I wanted to know if you wanted to go" Subaru said

"Wait, you are going to Lugnica right now why so soon!?" Naoko said surprised and panicked

"Beatrice just called and said she is going to open the portal. Me and Rem need to say our goodbyes to Rosswal before Rem transitions to staying in Japan full time we will only be gone a week" Subaru said

"Son I don't mean to disappoint you but, me and your mother just took almost three weeks off work to go on vacation. We can't take anymore days off sadly" Kenichi said.

"Alright then dad. I guess I will see you guys in a week"

"Are you leaving right now?" Naoko asked

"Yes the portal is being opened in a couple minutes" Subarru said as he walked out of his parents room. Naoko and Kenichi got up and went to the living room to see Beatrice on the screen

Subarus parents were scared Subaru and Rem will leave and not return. They knew that they couldn't go through Subaru disappearing again. They were reluctant to even allow Subaru to go back to begin with

"Be safe Subaru, please be back here in a week" Kenichi said worried

"Subaru please don't leave us again. You better be back here in a week" Naoko said her voice full of concern

"I promise that me and Rem will be back in a week, everything will be fine" Subaru said in a reassuring tone. Subaru knew his parents were worried about something going wrong

"What about Ram, is she not coming back with you?" Kenichi asked

"I still work for Rosswal. I swore loyalty to him, and shall fulfil it" Ram said in a serious tone. Kenichi and Naoko looked at Ram, impressed at the loyalty of a simple house maid. Most employees working minimum wage jobs around Japan would take any opportunity they could to get away from that job

"Ram... I just hope we meet again" Naoko said

"I can't keep this call going forever, I am going to open the portal now. You must enter immediately; it can only stay open for thirty seconds" Beatrice interrupted. The TV returned to a black screen

"Miss Naoko and Kenichi it was lovely to meet you. I hope more than anything that I will be able to see you again. I hope Barusu and Beatrice give you guys the opportunity to visit Lugnica" Ram said bowing to show her gratitude

Just then a stripe of bright light appeared in the living room, the strips separated to form an oval shape. The oval eventually showed the forbidden library. Beatrice was standing in front of the portal with her arms raised and her eyes closed concentrating

"Bye Mom and Dad see you in a week" Subaru said as he approached the portal and entered into the forbidden library

"Bye son, please be safe" Naoko said as she saw Subaru enter the portal

Subarus parents were amazed at this sight of a portal leading to another world. It was like they were living in a movie.

"I must go now Mr Kenichi and Mrs Naoko I hope to see you again" Ram said as she crossed into the portal

"Bye Miss Naoko, and Mr Kenichi. Rem will be back soon" Rem said as she approached the portal

"Please take care of our son Rem" Naoko said as she stared into Rems eyes

"Subaru will be safe, Rem promises to return him back to you in a week" Rem said. She then crossed over into the forbidden library

Kenichi smiled at the face Beatrice was putting on as she was casting the spell

"Little girl I promise once I am over there, me and you are going to have it out, I am going to do the job my useless son couldn't" Kenichi yelled out at Beatrice as he cracked his knuckles

An annoyed expression spread across Beatrice's face. As she opened her eyes and lowered her left palm at Kenichi. Kenichi flew back as the portal closed, and crashed on the floor. Naoko laughed

"Looks like you have been beaten by a little girl" Naoko said chuckling

"That little girls days are numbered" Kenichi said getting up

Meanwhile at the Rosswal Mansion

"Welcome back I suppose, Subaru your father is almost as annoying as you. Good to see it runs in the family" Beatrice said as she lowered her arms

"Be thankful I don't greet you with wrestling matches" Subaru said as he looked around the forbidden library. It felt strange for Subaru to be standing in the forbidden library once more

"I think I need to go inform master Rosswal that I returned" Ram said

"Me and Subaru will come with you. Rem and Subaru need to have a talk with him" Rem said as she and Ram approached the door

"Before you go, did you bring those devices I requested?" Beatrice asked. Subaru reached into his pocket and handed the phones to Beatrice

"Sure did," Subaru said. Beatrice took them and walked away from Subaru.

"I will hand these back to you once they are linked. I have never linked communication devices before so this could take some time" Beatrice said.

"Just don't cause them to blow up," Subaru said as he walked over to Rem and Ram and exited the forbidden library. They walked down the hallways and saw Emilia

Emilia's face lit up when she saw Subaru. Emilia ran over and hugged Subaru tightly. Subaru was shocked he was not expecting Emilia to welcome him like this. Subaru looked over and saw Rem giving a death glance at Emilia. Emilia of course not looking did not notice

"I missed you guys!" Emilia said happily as she hugged Subaru tightly

"Ummmm... Well hello Emilia," Subaru said nervously. He knew was going to have to break the news to Emilia, about him and Rems relationship

He felt a little guilty. He didn't want to hurt her feelings and have her go into a depression, but lying to her wouldn't be much better

"Hello Miss Emilia" Ram said as she bowed.

Subaru noticed Rem did not greet Emilia. He knew Rem was not happy with Emilia being all over him

"So how was Subarus world? I want to hear about it" Emilia said eagerly pulling away from Subaru

"Rem and Ram enjoyed it very much, but Emilia can this please wait a bit, we are trying to find Rosswal. Do you know where he is?" Subaru asked, giving Emilia a smile. Rems expression softened when Emilia pulled away from Subaru

"Rosswal is currently in his office, please be back soon. I want to hear all about your world. It sounds so cool from what Beatrice told me" Emilia said

"I promise to tell you all about it, I will be back in a couple minutes" Subaru said. They made their way down the hall eventually reaching Rosswals office. Ram knocked on the door

"Come in," Rosswal said on the other side. Ram opened the door and the three walked into Rosswals office. Rosswal smiled upon seeing Subaru, Rem, and Ram return

"What a surprise I didn't expect to see you guys back here so suddenly" Rosswal said

"Master Rosswal I have returned for active service, I apologize for me absence" Ram said apologetically

"Oh that's quite alright Ram, no need to apologize. Beatrice was the one that put you guys in all that trouble. But from what I heard Subarus world was quite extraordinary" Rosswal said

"It was quite impressive. I am going to get changed and return to work" Ram said as she walked out. Rem knew now was the time to break the news to Rosswal

"Master Rosswal there is something Rem and Subaru need to go over with you" Rem said with a little nervousness in her voice

"What may that be, dear?" Rosswal said looking over at Rem. Rem took a deep breath

"Master Rosswal over the past few weeks me and Subarus relationship grew stronger. So stronger in fact he is now considered my partner" Rem covered her face from embarrassment. She wasn't too comfortable talking about her love life

"Rem has come to inform you that she wishes to move on in her life, and go live with Subaru and his parents in his world" Rem said. Rosswal took a minute to think before responding his face remained expressionless

"So Subarus your partner? I was not expecting to hear this, but two weeks alone in another world grows quite the bond" Rosswal said getting up and getting close to Rem. He put his hands on Rems shoulders as he looked at her in the eyes. Rem was shaking a little scared of Rosswals response

"Be safe deer, I am going to miss you and Subaru quite greatly. You have all been excellent help, and I can't thank you enough" Rosswal said as he hugged Rem. Rem smiled. She was happy Rosswal accepted her new relationship with Subaru. She was glad it was easier then Rams acceptance

Subaru let out a sigh of relief. Rosswal returned back to his office chair

"So when do you guys go back to Subarus' world?" Rosswal asked

"Lady Beatrice said there needs to be a week in between portal activations Master Rosswal" Rem said

"Please Rem just call me Rosswal from now on. You two are welcome to stay as long as you wish. Whether you come to visit or just need a place to stay you can always call this place home" Rosswal said smiling

"Thank you Rosswal I cant thank you enough for letting me and Rem stay here" Subaru said also smiling

"It's what friends do, anyway I will see you guys later I got some work that needs to be done. We will chat again soon. I do want to hear more about your guys' experiences" Rosswal said. Subaru and Rem nodded and walked out into the hall

The second the door closed Rem pulled Subaru in for a passionate kiss. It was now official that she would be staying in Japan. Rem and Subaru couldn't be happier. Subaru knew that there still was Emilia to take care of, but he will get to that later for now he decided to enjoy the moment

Rem broke away from Subaru and smiled brightly

"I can't wait to start living in Japan, Subaru '' Rem said happily. Subaru smiled at Rem

"I can't wait either, It's going to be fun I promise you" Subaru said

"Rem can't wait, anyway I want to go talk to Nee-Sama I will see you later" Rem said as she started to run down the halls to look for her sister

"Ok bye Rem" Subaru said. Rem turned and waved before running off again.

Subaru knew he promised to go and talk to Emilia about Subarus world and all the stuff it had the offer. He made his way to Emilia's room and knocked on the door

"Coming" Emilia said, a couple seconds later she opened the door and smiled upon seeing Subaru

"Oh hello Subaru" Emilia said

"Hi Emilia, I came here to talk about my world. I know you wanted to hear about it" Subaru said. Emilia nodded her head, and invited Subaru to enter. Subaru walked in and sat down on a chair next to Emilia's desk where she did a bunch of paperwork

Subaru proceeded to tell Emilia about his adventure. Emilia was super interested in all these technological innovations that Subaru was mentioning. She constantly asked questions about some of the things Subaru spoke of.

Even with Subarus explanation it was hard to believe. She had to see some of what Subaru mentioned for herself in order to believe it. Some of the things Subaru said sounded way too unrealistic and impossible to achieve. Emilia was also confused why it took Subaru this long to tell her about this.

Subaru decided to hold off telling Emilia about his relationship with Rem. He couldn't find it in him to tell Emilia just yet. She would be too heart broken, and Subaru didn't want that so held off

"Subaru this world you speak of sounds amazing, you need to take me sometime" Emilia said smiling

"One of these days I will take you, I promise" Subaru said.

"Subaru I am also confused why you decided to keep this a secret for so long" Emilia said her voice carried a semi serious tone

"Well you see Emilia when you say that you come from a different world you look like a crazy person. I held off because I didn't think any of you would believe me" Subaru said. Emilia nodded her head in response

"Anyway thank you Subaru for telling me about it, as much as I want to hear more I gotta finish this election paperwork. So can we talk more about this later?" Emilia said.

"Of course see you later" Subaru said as he exited Emilia's room and onto the hallway

Emilia couldn't get Subaru off her mind; she found herself blushing thinking about Subaru. Puck came out and noticed Emilia's blush across her face and smiled

"Lia, why are you blushing?" Puck asked curiously. Emilia covered her face

"What are you talking about Puck I am not blushing" Emilia said through her hands

"Don't lie to me I raised you better than that. Who are you thinking about?" Puck said in an all knowing tone. Emilia loword her hands from her face

"Subaru" she mumbled still embarrassed her blush still visible on her face

"Subaru? Hmmm well he is quite the character, have you fallen in love with him. Have you made your move?" Puck asked curiously

"No!... At least not yet...." Emilia said, covering her face again. Puck landed on Emilia's shoulder

"You should go for it. Subaru would make the perfect partner I am sure of it" Puck said in a encouraging tone

"You really think so? What if he doesn't like me back?" Emilia said a little sad. Puck looked at Emilia like she said the most idiotic thing in the world

"Have you seen the way he acts around you, I am hundred percent certain the feeling is mutual," Puck said. Emilia then remembered about all the things Subaru would say to her whenever they talked

"You are right! Thanks Puck, I now know what I need to do" Emilia said as she looked at Puck. Puck smiled

"Good luck Lia I am vouching for you" Puck said encouragingly

Subaru wandered down the halls and found Rem

"Oh hi Rem what's going on" Subaru said

"I am about to head out into the village for groceries. I am helping Nee-Sama with some of the house work. Do you wanna come with me?" Rem asked

"Sure let's go" Subaru said. Rem and Subaru made their way to the village.

Subaru was excited to see the children he hasn't seen in two weeks. While walking Rem turned to look at Subaru

"Subaru Rem doesn't like how Emilia was hugging you" Rem said. Subaru knew that this would come up eventually

"Don't worry about it Rem, she is just... well... a little clingy. I am sure she will stop once she finds out we are together" Subaru said

"You haven't told her yet?"

"No, not yet, I just need to think how I am going to break it to her. Don't get mad at Emilia she doesn't know we are together she didn't mean anything by it I am sure of it" Subaru said

"Ok Subaru just make sure she knows" Rem said

"I promise" Subaru responded with a smile on his face

Rem knew Emilia had her sights on Subaru. She didn't want Emilia to be constantly next to him all cuddly when Rem was around. Rem knew she had to up her game to send Emilia a non verbal message

When they arrived, Subaru was greeted by the peaceful looking village. Subaru was glad to see that the village has not changed one bit since he left. Rem and Subaru made their way to the market

Subaru noticed Reinhard was in the village wandering around. Subaru was confused to see him here. He was a knight after all, he seemed to be a fairly busy man. Subaru noticed Reinhard wandered slowly, his head facing the ground. He had a sad expression on his face

Subaru decided to go up and see what was up with Reinhard as Rem got groceries. Subaru walked up to him. Reinhard noticed Subaru, and turned and put on a fake smile

"Hello Subaru wasn't expecting to run into you here, how is things" Reinhard said trying to put a cheery voice on

"I am doing fine Reinhard, how are you doing? You seem to be a bit down" Subaru said. Reinhard dropped his fake smile and sighed heavily

"It's just that... Felt has officially withdrawn from the royal election" Reinhard said in a sad tone

"Oh really, I thought she was going to run and destroy the world or whatever" Subaru said a little surprised at this news

"She was, but then the election papers came, and the meetings came. Eventually Felt just had enough and announced her withdrawal." Reinhard said

"Well she's only fifteen so I aint really surprised that she called it quits so early on" Subaru had a feeling that Felt held a special place in Reinhard's heart. Subaru then got weirded out thinking about them together since the age of consent where he is from is higher than fifteen

"So you miss Felt?" Subaru asked.

Reinhard nodded his head "Yah I guess you could say that, I just can't believe I let myself get so attached"

The gears in Subarus head started turning. He remembered the promise he made to Ram about helping her find a special person in her life once they returned

Subaru thought that setting Reinhard and Ram up on a date would be an excellent idea. Rehinhard is a knight so Ram should be truly impressed. A massive smile crept across Subarus face

"Reinhard do you need help finding a special person in your life?" Subaru said. Reinhard gave Subaru a strange look before answering

"Ummm well... I guess? I don't know. I don't think anyone can replace Felt '' Reinhard said sadly

"I got a friend who really wants to find a partner in her life. I made a promise to help her achieve that. Do you think you can give her a chance?" Subaru said hopingly

"I don't know Subaru, I am quite busy. I have better things to concern myself with then silly relationships" Reinhard said sadly

"Come on, she will be flattered to be meeting a tough and mighty knight like you in the skin" Subaru said encouragingly. Reinhard felt a little better after hearing Subarus encouraging words of him

"You know what, why not. When do I meet her" Reinhard said a genuine smile coming to his face

"How long will you be here?" Subaru asked

"I will be in the village for about another week or so"

"Do you know where the Rosswal mansion is?" Subaru asked curiously

"Yes I am familiar with that location"

"Go there at dinnertime, she will be expecting you. You two will be having dinner together" Subaru said happily

"Sounds good, see you then" Reinhard said as he started walking off. Subaru couldn't believe it, he had actually convinced someone like Reinhard to go on a date with Ram

"Subaru, are you ready to head back?" Rem asked curiously holding the groceries in her hands

"I want to go talk to the children first, but Rem I got news for you" Subaru said happily

"What is it Subaru?" Rem asked

"Ram is going on a date with a knight!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.9K 237 12
You (the reader) were once an elite gamer you were always on top in every tournament but of course your body couldn't catch up with your interests. A...
1K 53 4
Due to a request made by a friend?... Relative? (By technicality) Zero decided to take a dive into World-4619 of Set 4. The world of Re: Zero. Howeve...
8K 326 7
[Y/N a player LV 1 a new and unique soul sent in a new world.]
47.3K 390 21
though we know of Natsuki Subaru we do now he is not the only Natsuki Subaru in the universe. Some are happy though there are some not so much how wi...