Play Of Fate

By Babii_fujoshi

When life is already chaotic enough, fate will even make it worse. Mew and Gulf almost had the perfect relati... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight (Part 1)
Chapter Eight (Part 2)
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen (Part 1)
Chapter Nineteen (Part 2)
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-seven
Chapter Thirty-eight
Chapter Thirty-nine
Chapter Forty (Finale)
Special Chapter (Part 1)
Special Chapter (Part 2)

Chapter Sixteen

484 31 9
By Babii_fujoshi

Gulf went back to the hotel with a heavy heart. Once he reached their room, he saw Kao sitting on one of the chairs around the coffee table, and reading a book. When Kao saw him, he immediately put the book down and went to him.

"Hun. Where have you been?" Kao asked Gulf, as he held his waist.

Gulf just looked at Kao and hugged him. "I'm sorry..."

Kao was confused. "Sorry for what?"

"Just...I..." Gulf can't continue. He doesn't even know why he's sorry. But his heart tells him to apologize to Kao. He released Kao from his hug and went to get his clothes from their luggage.

"I already placed our clothes in the closet," Kao said, as he went back to read the book.

Gulf just nodded and got some clothes before entering the bathroom. He took a warm shower to calm his mind. He's confused, hurt, and empty. He doesn't know how he exactly feels at the moment. After taking a shower, he decided to go out of the bathroom, only to see Kao already sleeping on the bed.

While drying his hair, he remembered where his eyes lingered for a while, before returning to the hotel. It was the penthouse. An idea came to Gulf's mind, as he inched closer to their bed. He looked at Kao up close and made sure that he was soundly asleep. Once he confirmed that he was indeed asleep, he got his phone from their bedside table and headed to go out of their room. Before completely closing the door, he looked at Kao once again before muttering, "I'm sorry."

--------------------------------

Mew is still up. He already finished the bottle of wine, but his eyes don't feel heavy, even a bit. He can't forget what he saw today. Mew closed his eyes for a while, as the cold wind hit his skin. He fished his phone from his pocket and called the reception area.

Once the receptionist answered, Mew, did not waste a second and immediately asked. "Can you please check if someone with the name of Nattarin is booked in the hotel?"

"Alright, sir. One moment please."

As the receptionist is checking the guest list, Mew's heart is racing. What if it was indeed Gulf? What will he do? Will he introduce himself to him? Mew's thoughts were disturbed, when the receptionist talked on the phone again.

"Sir, I already checked our hotel's guest list for today, and no one's booked with the name of Nattarin."

"Are you sure about that? Did you double-check?" Mew asked once again. It might be that the receptionist just overlooked Gulf's name.

"Yes sir. No one's booked in here with the name of Nattarin."

"Alright. Thank you."

So it was confirmed. It was all in his head. That person is not Gulf. He must've missed him so much that he started seeing his face in another person. Mew heaved a sigh before he stood up and headed for sleep.

---------------------------

Gulf was fidgeting with his fingers as he make his way to the hotel's penthouse. He's gonna go there without knowing who he's looking for. When the elevator dinged and open its doors. He was surprised when there was no security system for the penthouse. He stepped out of the elevator and wandered around for a moment. He stopped upon seeing a door.

"This must be where that guy lives." Gulf thought to himself, although he was not entirely sure. He took a deep breath before pressing the doorbell.

------------------------------

Mew was almost asleep when he heard the doorbell to his penthouse ring. He didn't call anyone to come up, so it can't be the housekeeping or food delivery. He decided to ignore it and go back to sleep, as it might be another drunk guest who got lost.

He closed his eyes when the doorbell rang again. This time, Mew felt his heart beat so fast. He felt like a tiny voice in his head is telling him to open the door.

"If it's a drunk guest, it couldn't be that bad," Mew said to himself as he headed to the door.

------------------------------

Gulf was fidgeting. His palms are sweaty. He already rang the doorbell twice, but it seems that no one was inside. He rang the doorbell one more time.

----------------------------

Mew is already halfway to his room when the doorbell rang again. He quickly walked across the room and opened the door.

Once he opened the door, Mew got confused upon seeing a hotel staff. "What? Do you need anything from me?"

"I'm sorry, sir. Someone was standing here a while ago. He said that he thought this is their room. The guest seems to be drunk. I'm sorry if that disturbed you."

"No. That's fine. Thank you." Just that, and Mew closed the door. Once the door is closed, he leaned his back against it and closed his eyes. He's probably gone crazy thinking that it was Gulf. He took a deep breath before heading back to bed.

--------------------------

Gulf immediately boarded the elevator, the moment a hotel staff saw him in front of the penthouse door. The staff told him, that it was a restricted area, and guests are not allowed there.

>Flashback<

"Excuse me, sir. Are you lost?" the hotel staff asked him.

"Ye-ye-yeah. I-isn't this the 14th floor?"

"No sir. You're already on the top floor. Do you want me to accompany you to your hotel room floor?" The staff asked him politely.

"N-no. Thank you. I'm sorry. I had a few drinks and probably missed my floor." Gulf said, hoping not to get caught that he was lying.

"It's fine sir. This is a restricted area, so guests are not allowed here."

"O-okay. I'm sorry."

<End of Flashback>

He decided to go to the bar instead, and have a few drinks.

-------------------------

>Earlier<

Kao was almost asleep when he noticed that the shower was turned off. He continued closing his eyes. Gulf then went out of the bathroom. He went to him and stared at his face for a while, before getting out of the room. When the door was shut close, Kao sat up on the bed and looked at the door with sad eyes.

-------------------------

Gulf went back to their hotel room drunk. He immediately hugged Kao who was sleeping on the bed.

"Hi, hun," Gulf said in a slurry voice.

Kao, who was disturbed from his sleep, furrowed his eyebrows with the sudden hug from Gulf.

"Hun... It's late now. Go to sleep." Kao said as he tried to break away from Gulf's hug.

With the alcohol kicking in, Gulf sat up with Kao between his legs. He then started smelling his neck, planting small kisses there.

"Hun... please. It's late now. I still have a conference tomorrow..." Kao said, who just smelled Gulf, which reeks of alcohol. "Did you drink?"

"Gulf smiled sheepishly and buried his head in Kao's neck. "Why? You don't like it?"

Kao is trying his best to control himself. Gulf is drunk, and even if they're boyfriends, he won't take advantage of the situation, since Gulf is intoxicated.

"Hun. Stop. Go to sleep-"

Kao was stunned when Gulf kissed him. This is the first time that Gulf kissed him like this, after the incident. Kao lost all his sanity and responded to Gulf's kisses.

He reversed their position and pinned Gulf down on their bed. Gulf took off his shirt and caressed his chest. Kao leaned down again and kissed Gulf. He touched his waist and raised Gulf's shirt when his hand stopped him. Just then Gulf pushed Kao off of him.

Shock can both be seen on their faces. After a while. Kao just sighed and wore his shirt again. "Go to sleep now. It's already late, hun. You're tired. You need to rest." Kao then laid down on the bed and turned his back on Gulf.

Gulf was just there sitting, as endless tears fall from his eyes. It's happening again. Every time he and Kao try to make love, a series of blurred scenes come flashing before him. He can't remember if those are his memories, but every time Kao kisses him, he can't help but get disappointed. It was not the kiss that he felt the moment he opened his eyes at the hospital. He felt someone kiss him, but he can't remember if it was Kao.

Kao's touches seem to be too rough for him. Kao is a gentleman, yes. But he feels that it's too much for him. Gulf laid down on the bed and also turned his back on Kao.

"It's not him. I'm sorry, Kao, but it's not you." Gulf thought to himself, as sleep later claimed him.

When Gulf woke up in the morning, he saw a note stuck on his phone screen:

"I already went ahead for breakfast. I still have a conference to attend. Feel free to roam around the resort. Just message me if anything's wrong. I love you."

Gulf just sighed and decided to head for the bathroom. He took a shower before going down to the hotel's restaurant to have breakfast. After he got his plate of food, he sat near the glass, where he can see the shore. He plugged in his earphones and started munching on his meal.

Once done, he went out of the restaurant. He boarded the elevator and decided to go back to their room, as it was still too hot to go outside. The elevator doors are almost closed when someone from the outside pressed the button to prevent it from closing.

A/N: Please play before you continue reading. :)

When the elevator doors opened again, Gulf felt his heart jump with joy, as tears flow down from his eyes.

----------------------------

Mew was done with today's schedule and decided to head back to his penthouse and sleep. He's not in the mood to get so invested in the operations today. He feels sick inside and needs more rest. He saw the elevator doors closing, and immediately ran to get on it as well. The other elevator is still ascending and will take time before it goes down again.

As he pressed the elevator buttons, it halted its doors from closing. The moment the elevator door opened, Mew felt like time had stopped.

There, inside the elevator, is the person whom he never forgot – his Gulf. He's still beautiful as ever. Gulf's eyes look like he's lost and confused. Tears started streaming down his cheeks.

Mew wanted to hug him- so badly. However, he can only look at him, and never talk to him. Mew was about to turn his back when he felt Gulf hug him from behind.

He was stunned for a moment before he held Gulf's hands that are snaked around his waist.

"Please.. don't go. Please don't disappear from my sight. I don't know you... but my heart tells me that I do."

Mew removed Gulf's hands around his waist and was about to walk away when Gulf held his hands tight. So tight, just like that day at the hospital.

"Please... I know you find it weird, but I feel like I know-"

Gulf was not able to finish what he's gonna say when Mew pushed him inside the elevator.

"I made my promise to you that day. But I don't think I can hold it anymore."

Mew then kissed Gulf. Their kiss still felt the same. Magical as ever. Mew lost it when Gulf responded to his kiss and snaked his arms around his neck. When they parted, Gulf was blushing, and can't look him in the eyes.

"I-I'm sorry..."

"Make love to me."

Mew was dumbfounded at what he heard. Did Gulf just...

"I want to remember. Everything. Including you. I know that you're a part of my life. "Gulf said as he cupped Mew's face in his hands. "I felt it in our kiss."

They remained silent for a few seconds, before Gulf pushed Mew into the elevator walls, and kissed him again. Gulf then pressed the elevator button leading to the penthouse.

Tears roll down from Gulf's eyes, as he kisses Mew. "Forgive me, Kao for doing this. But this is the first time that a kiss felt so right."

Mew can't also help but shed tears while kissing Gulf. "Forgive me, God. But I think I won't be able to keep my promise."

When the elevator doors opened to the penthouse floor, Mew carried Gulf as they kiss. Once they reached the door to Mew's room, Mew opened it and they went inside without breaking the kiss.

Once they're in, Mew immediately removed his shirt, as well as Gulf's. He kissed his Gulf's neck. Gulf felt butterflies in his stomach. He felt ticklish and delicate with this man's touch. Mew carried Gulf again and laid him on the bed. He leaned in and closed the distance between their lips. While kissing, Gulf saw a blurred scene flash before him. The scene felt so real, that the next thing they knew, their clothes are already on the floor.

They were kissing when Mew saw Gulf shedding tears again. He broke their kiss and caressed Gulf's cheek. "What's wrong?"

Gulf slowly shook his head and caressed Mew's eyebrows, nose, and lips. Gulf then smiled and hugged Mew. "I missed you, baby."

A/N: Omgggg. Finally! Did Gulf remember Mew now? What do you think will happen now that they crossed each other's path? Can the heart overpower the mind? Tell me what you think about this chapter. Thank you so much for supporting Play of Fate. Interact with me in the comment section. :) I love to hear how you feel about the story. I love you all. See you in the next chapter, lovies! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.4K 1.7K 24
SYNOPSIS: Two men met on a bridge to commit suicide----but they together decided not to---- they made plans to overcome their fate---- and they succ...
8.4K 397 4
Hey guysssssss!! Chubby is back! With another oneshot! Hope you all will enjoy and kindly vote and comment naa!! Warning:- Mature contents ahead...
172K 7.6K 46
Mew and Gulf are most shipped Bl couples with strong fandom and have undeniable attraction towards eachother. Thier fandom falls once the series...
49.3K 2.7K 14
Gulf has been loving Mew for years, in the sideline. He saw him fell in love, be in love and have his heart broken, along with his. Two years ago, Me...