Swallow Your Affection

By Jeebly

You were a recruit, asked to join a rebellion you didn't believe in- to fight against people you didn't know... More

Mock Fight
The Big Question
Supply Drop
Meeting the Revolution
Home Sweet
Dreams and Comforts
Tommy Adventure
House Wrecked
Is this a Wall
Goat or Ram
When Is This Festival
Funny Meeting You Here
Can We Enjoy a Moment of Peace
Awkward Duckling
Adult Napped
Presidential Convo
Good to be Back
OKAY
Damage Control
Shit Stuck Fuck Help
Good Morning
We Need to Talk
Tommy Advice
Struggling with Direction
Neutral News
Hush Hush
Plan Ass
Returned Kindness
Crow Father
The Sun Can Lie
Tommy Tower
You're Important
The Sixteenth
The True End
Insight
Chill of The North
A Bumpy Recovery
Phil Announcement
Alone Together
Bitter Cold
One More Time
Liquid Strength
Routine
Me and My Compass
Love Bite
Peace of Mind
Hey Birdy
Just a Tad Colder
Arrival
Waiting Game
Retribution Says L'manberg
Chase Down
Chummy Pals
Getting Things Straight
Too Quiet
Visitor
L'Mind Ouch
Is This Normal Now
Green and Homelessness
Appreciate It
Tommy Troubles
Plans and Futures
Investigation
FANART 1
Jailbreak
House Conspiracy
No-one To be Homesick For
Follow Me to My Mirror
Cold Blooded and Angry
FANART 2
Home Base
Depressing Grandpa
Spirit Worker
Abnormal Breakfast
Same Page of Life
Revalations
Burrow Bug
Fanart 3

House Arrest

7.2K 416 458
By Jeebly

The next day's sun shone through the window.

Even with your eyes closed you could feel the light against your irises. Warm, warm light- blinding.

You refused to open your eyes.

The crude fleece bed you were huddled into made your back hurt- but regardless you lay there.

Traveling took more out of you then you thought- and not a single inch of you wanted to move to get up.

Faintly you heard footsteps upstairs, accompanied by the dragging of feathers. Phil.

He was up.

Didn't mean you had to be yet.

Even if the sun was seeping in through the windows.

The creaking of a ladder began, and soon Phil's puttering footsteps were moving around the bottom floor.

A chest opened, and then closed, and then another chest got rifled through. Then the warped noise of an ender chest- and then a barrel.

Gods.

What was Phil doing???

Did he not see you sleeping?

In the very same room?

You peek an eye open, catching sight of his figure- scowling as he opened another chest and just started-

Digging around for stuff.

Loudly.

You've had enough.

"...Phillll....-" when he turns around, you shut your mouth and squint harder at him.

"Mornin' mate!" Is his good natured reply, "Hope ya got plenty of rest- cause we have a long journey."

No, you did not get plenty of rest.

You saw Tubbo, met Ranboo- then loitered around Phil's bottom floor because you couldn't fall asleep.

Rather then answer Phil, you bury yourself under the fleece. Fleece that barely acted as a blanket.

A string of cackles comes from the winged man- and then a few caws from the surrounding room.

What?

You peek out again- and of course.

Phil had a few crows hanging around.

A singular crow was nestled into some of your fleece- while a lot were scattered on the windowsill.

Softly you hear him speak to one of them, a soft chiding tone of voice. One that you tuned out to try and go back to sleep.

"I really want to organize my chests..." He says idly, a few caws answering in reply, "No no- you chaotic shits- that's not a good idea."

Eventually, with enough tuning out, Phil's soft chattering turns to white noise.

A gentle patter sounded on the roof- the windows growing dimmer. It was raining. And even that seemed to help lull you back to sleep.

Until a harsh and crude knocking sounded on the door. Proceeded by a bell getting furiously rung.

A bunch of shouting came from the other side of the door- Tubbo's voice the most notable. Yells and yells- most sounding exagerated- and most just the simple call of 'PHIILLL'.

You angrily kept your eyes closed- hearing Phil cackle.

Whoever was ringing it refused to stop- even while Phil strut over to the door- swinging it open with a, "Yes hello- Jesus Christ- HELLO-"

The shouting paused, ringing continued.

The scuffle of people stopping what they were doing ending with the bell finally being left alone.

"Oh my gods- You can ring it once I am right here-"

A few laughs were passed at Phil's yelling- and Phil let out a laugh in return- before silence ushered in.

"Hey Phil! How ya doin?"

Fundy...?

You're positive that was Fundy.

"...Helloo- uh- what's with the gettups?" Is Phil's return question-

And finally- you decide to scramble up.

The rain was pouring outside by now- and Phil was bound to let them in if he was talking to them.

The last thing you wanted was everyone seeing you in the center of the room, angrily sleeping.

So you scramble over to a chest- plopping yourself onto it- trying to make yourself presentable- watching Phil talk to them by the door.

Something about cooks?

It was difficult to hear them, but you could hear Phil.

"Potaotes...?" Phil idly asks them, and there's a chorus of responses- before Phil just shakes his head at their stupidity and swings the door open, "Listen- come in, come in- it's raining- and it's clearly not washing the blood off you."

One by one they file in- Quackity the first person- dripping water everywhere and followed by Tubbo and Fundy. The last person to step in was Ranboo- who ducked their head in- closing an umbrella behind them- vague water droplets softly sizzling against the bare skin of their hands.

Almost as soon as they step in, Quackity makes eye contact with you.

You wave. Trying to be somewhat friendly despite how groggy you felt- and he squints at you with confusion.

"Traveling to Tommy's with 'em- had to gather supplies first though, so stopped here." Phil supplied- which made Quackity squint, and then turn to make eyecontact with Tubbo. The looks they gave each other felt suspicious.

Like they were after something.

"We have a simple request." Quackity says, turning from you then to Phil, who was stood close to the impromptu bed, "We are looking for Technoblade."

"Yes." Fundy says.

Phil crooks an eyebrow at them- and before he can say or do anything Quackity keeps speaking, "I don't think you guys should ask why-" Philza huffs an amused breath but Quackity continues, "I don't think you should make any questions- we're looking for Technoblade."

"Yes." Fundy pipes in.

Fundy gets ignored in favor of Phil saying, "You don't think I should ask any questions?"

Philza shoots a glance your way- as if to say, 'these idiots', his whole face contorted in a spiteful kind of way.

"As a citizen of L'manberg, and per request of the president-" Quackity motions to Tubbo, "We demand you tell us where Technoblade is."

Silence gets ushered in at the finality of his tone.

"You are my Grandpa after all." Fundy says.

Which breaks Phil's seriousness- yet another laugh worming out of his throat.

It feels like they keep cutting off anything Phil trys to add.

Almost like they're desperate, and expecting him to refuse them.

"Phil I think it'd be best if you just give up his location." Tubbo says.

You can't help but squint at that.

Was this whole event brought on by you saying you were staying at Techno's?

Tubbo hasn't said anything to you about it- and there weren't any jabs at what you said yesterday- but-

That dark feeling that was brewing in your gut the day before started brewing again.

Something just wasn't right about this all.

Asking for Technoblade was clearly a threat.

They were clearly threatening.

That much was obvious.

You watch Phil say something, stepping closer to Fundy to eye the 'blood' on him- watching all of them grow tense at the movement-

The tension on a string before it snaps.

They felt threatened by the movement.

Phil steps back- noticing the tension just as much as you. The winged man mutters, "You got a little blood on your face." and the 'string' goes slack.

"We be chefs and shit." Fundy says- crossing his arms- looking incredibly pouty about the comment.

Phil can't help but laugh- a quick wheeze before Quackity snaps him back to focus with a, "Phil- tell us where he is- you're a citizen of L'manberg and should care about this as much as we care about it."

Phil goes quiet, apprehensively looking at them all.

He didn't seem to know what to say- questioned so out of the blue.

"...Snitchza...?"

Fundy's meak voice.

That's enough for Phil to find words.

"I'm not gonna tell you. Like- that's just..." Phil glances at everybody again, "He's changed his ways."

Everyone breaks out with reasons- a noisy clutter of yelling that was difficult to focus on.

"He spawned withers! Where your house currently stands-" Tubbo's voice cut through the chaos, "Phil- if he's so changed then explain why he came back and attacked us- explain why we're rebuilding Ranboo's house-"

Phil didn't know he was looking for your compass- so he couldn't answer for that- but before Phil could even respond Quackity cuts him off, "Philza just tell us- it's for the country- it's not a request. It's a demand."

"Em- first of all where do you think this loyalty that I have for this country comes from? I am not loyal to this country at all, and if anything you guys need to prove to me that I should care-" Philza takes a big sweeping look at all of them, "Also- Techno and me go way back, and we do not rat out each other."

Fundy immediately says, "Yeah but I'm your- I'm your grandson-"

"I don't care. My grandson is covered in blood looking at me as if he just murdered someone-"

"What the fuck! ITS SWEET POTAOTES! Sweet potatoes-"

"That is not sweet potatoes-" Phil says with an ending tone- laughing without emotion at how much Fundy was trying to convince him it was potatoes.

"Sweet potatoes are red! We make exquisite meals!"

Phil squints at Fundy- and while they're busy squinting at each other, Quackity turns to you.

"I know you know where he is. We need to know, so tell us."

"That'd be kinda rude though." You say.

A harsh breath is sent towards you.

Fustration.

Both of Quackity's eyes dark with the emotion.

"You know what- we tried to do this the easy way- if you're not gonna do it the easy way- we're gonna do it the hard way."

Quackity spins around, making direct eyecontact with Phil, "Right?"

"...Right...?" Phil looks uneasy, "What's the hard way?"

"Alright fellas- fellas- look through his stuff-"

"Oh you absolute-"

Phil gets cut off as immediately everyone starts scrambling around, chest being flung open this way and that- Tubbo marches up to the chest you're sitting on- and you get out of his way the moment you see the look in his eyes.

Jeez- what the hell-

They did not need to be this aggressive.

You find yourself near the corner of the room- under a set of barrels- which Ranboo comes walking over to.

With admittedly a much less aggressive look.

"Excuse me- could I just reach past you-" they say, very good mannered- to which you shuffle out of his way.

"(Y/N)! You don't nicely comply with them!" Phil exasperatedly yells to you.

"I'm sorry! They nicely asked me- and whenever I panic and people nicely ask me things, I nicely comply with people- you know this Phil!" You yell back- shuffling closer to him and trying to get away from all the people rushing around.

"IM BREAKING THE FLOWERS-" Fundy's evil muffled yelling from outside reaches you- to which Phil whips around to watch as his rose bushes are stomped on.

"WHY DUDE- MY WINDOWS!" Philza frantically looks around- all the yelling and moving making him harshly purse his lips.

From upstairs you hear more windows breaking, and then Ranboo half panickly saying, "Are you at least using silk touch??"

Oh geez.

This was a complete mess.

This was such hot garbage.

Who did they think they were to forcefully go through someone else's stuff?

Tubbo was a friend- but this was crossing a line.

People should not blatantly disrespect someone's privacy- much less vandalize their things like this.

A harsher look settled onto your face.

How much had everyone changed since you've been away...?

Did...

Did Tommy change just as much...?

You look at Tubbo. Who slowly closed a chest, hand sliding off the lid, something shiny held in his hand.

Maybe what Techno said wasn't so wrong.

Maybe...

Power really does change people.

"Hey Big Q..."

Maybe placing so much power onto one singular person had corrosive effects.

Tubbo flicked his head around, ears happily perked, smile sly looking.

"Look what I found." Tubbo spoke, whipping his arm around, dangling something loosely in his hand.

Quackity was quick to turn, and quick to grin- reaching out, taking it into his own hands and grin growing even wider when he thumbed over what was inscribed on it.

A compass.

Could it be yours?

No.

It couldn't be.

Phil's fist clenched.

Silence swept in, only interrupted by a short, tight lipped-

"Shit."

Courtesy of Phil.

Because Phil seemed to understand the situation much better than you.

Then the laughter started.

Mocking jeers, circling around Phil- Quackity inching closer, compass held tight in his hand as his smile (all teeth and no lips) taunted him, "Philza, Philza, Minecraft."

Tubbos airy voice, "PHILZA Minecraft-"

Quackity let out another loud laugh, "Philza minecraft- what the fuck is this?"

The compass was held up in front of Philza's face- and Phil flinched as it caught the light, swinging side to side and giving you just enough time to read the engraving on it.

Techno's Compass.

"What is it?" Fundy asked with a high pitched voice- curiosity clearly worming into his tone as he reached for it, "Give it give it- I wanna see-" the compass was held out of reach from Fundy's grubby fox hands.

"That is my question as well." Ranboo says, passively standing off to the side.

Quackity shoves Fundy back when he reaches for it again, "Nonono- I'll show you outside- he's gonna try and take it-" Quackity turns to look at Phil, "This is a compass that says, 'Techno's compass'. Why are you carrying this around- huh- what is this??"

His tone of voice was all mockery.

The laughs from Fundy and Tubbo were all mockery.

The same sweltering burn in your chest flared. The same burn that made you light Schlatt's office on fire.

Fustration.

That feeling of being looked down on.

You hated it.

But at the same time, you couldn't say anything.

You had no voice to speak.

So instead, you subtly reached a hand out, grabbing onto the side of Phil's sleeve-

Anything to try and keep yourself from disassociating.

You should be helping Phil- but you really, really can't.

"It doesn't- see it just takes you to... ˡⁱᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵖᵒᵗᵃᵗᵒᵉ ᶠᵃʳᵐ ᵒʳ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ⁻ ˢᵉᵉ ⁱᵗˢ ʲᵘˢᵗ⁻ ⁱᵗˢ ʲᵘˢt..."

Phil's voice grows low as he puts a fist over his mouth- he can tell that everything he's saying they don't believe- and he knows he can't save this situation.

"Aaaah yeah yeah yeah-... yeah yeah yeah-" Fundy says- nodding his head.

"...It just takes you-"

Philza's cut off again. By Quackity.

"Philza- never forget that you weren't cooperative with us today. Mr. President, I think that deserves some sort of punishment."

"It could be considered treason." Tubbo flicked his head in Phil's direction, grin all but reeking of mischievousness.

A pause. Quackity and Tubbo make eyecontact with each other again. Silently agreeing on something.

"We told you we were willing to do it the easy way." Quackity says, making eyecontact with both of you.

"You're really not selling me on this whole government thing." Philza said, idly looking around the room, "Really just not a fan of this."

"I mean, you still live here." Tubbo says, a few agreements from the rest of them letting it be known that they still considered him a part of them.

Which was pretty fucked up.

For obvious reasons.

"Okay...? What's the catch?"

"I imagine you'll be put under house arrest." Tubbo says matter of factly.

Philza let's out an unhappy scoff and they let out a few jeers.

"Ranboo do you have the- thee uh- that thing-" Tubbo motion Ranboo over, and the lanky kid immediately rushes over, handing, not Tubbo, but Philza, his own moniter.

"Yes, the thing." Ranboo says, letting Philza stare blankly at the iron ankle cuffs, switching from blank to fustrated.

The jeering started again.

Mockery, grinning faces staring, voices condescending and cheering as Phil bitterly clicked the ankle monitor on.

"Mmm... hilarious...." Phil spoke. Voice bland and disinterested.

Abruptly Quackity sends his laughter to Tubbo, a mock of, "What about conejita over here- give her some jets too-"

Tubbo shrugs, "I didn't prepare that far ahead... let's do it when we get back."

To which they all agree, laugh again at Phil, and finally file out of the house.

The bell outside gets abused again, and they mess around with the outside of his house before finally leaving earshot.

You suck in your cheeks, staring blankly at nothing and feeling terrible after being and watching Phil get humiliated.

"See. " Phil says.

You look up, eyes wide as you listen intently to the tightly wound wrath in his voice.

Rage coiled so tightly he almost sounded calm.

"And this is where those little shits forget that I can just text Techno a warning."

Phil slides his communicator up, holding it in his palms and angrily texting out something.

You peer over his shoulder to catch the words,

'They know where you are.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.4K 340 10
16 year old Autumn grew up in sunny Florida, but when her dad gets a job offer in England, she and her family are forced to move. Luckily for beach l...
4.2K 132 11
Word Count: 11,000 Ranboo had been dealing with the voices in his head for a few months now, and it was getting harder and harder to hide the fact t...
682K 20.5K 22
[COMPLETED] 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 "𝚖𝚊𝚗" 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚎 𝚞𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚍𝚟𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚐𝚎. 𝙰𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚐𝚎�...
5K 249 14
Mainly Ranboo angst, because our boy needs more! And Purpled because he underrated Also check the "Introduction" chapter every one in a while. I chan...