Love in the Big Apple

By thesuckyone

Julie Stobart had no idea when she walked into the pet store that her life was being changed forever. She qu... More

Some enchanted evening
Fate Steps In
Lucky Louie
Here comes the sun
Bewildered
Birthdays and Board Meetings
Vegetative State
Caramel Macchiato
Silent lucidity
Fate Steps in Again
Weekend Confessions
Glimpses of forever
Family photos
Baby Toes
Home Sweet Home
School days
Moving Along
Rice and Showers
Caroline Marie
Baby Love
Quinn party of three
Dysfunction
Santa Baby
Mommy Dearest
Pocono
Tornado Carrie
War Games
Desperate Heart
Hold Me Now
No Apologies

The sun comes out

2.4K 41 3
By thesuckyone

Julie woke up and realized Brian wasn't in bed. She rolled over and he wasn't in the room. She wondered where he was. She noticed a note on his pillow. Juls, ran down to Terry's room. Be back in a few. Text me if you need me. Love you.

She looked at the clock, it was 9:45. She really slept late. Yikes. She rolled back over on her back and laid there rubbing her belly. Right now it was still so hard to believe, there was a life growing inside her.

Brian came in a couple of mins later.

"Good news, we found a dr who can see us in an hour." He said sounding excited.

"Really?" She said jumping out of bed. Thank you so much." She said relieved.

"Anything for my babies." He kissed her and put his hand on her belly.

"I can't even tell you how lucky I feel to be your girlfriend. You are everything I ever hoped for but didn't think existed."

"That makes two of us."

"What you're lucky to be my girlfriend? She joked.

"You're funny." He said.

"I am lucky." She said.

"Well you can show me just how lucky later." He winked.

Julie grabbed a pair of capris and tank tops to put on. She was so nervous.

They went down to the lobby and Terry had a car waiting for them. They hopped and the driver knew where to go. Julie was so nervous. Brian was too but he did is best to hide it.

They pulled up in front of the Drs office. He took her hand and said, "and right here is where the real adventure begins."

She smiled and nodded. She was feeling nauseous again but she thought it was nerves more than anything.

They walked in and the office was empty. For a second they thought they'd gone to the wrong office and then a middle aged woman in a Drs coat came around the corner. She smiled at them kindly and said, "you must be Julie and Brian Quinn. Julie looked at Brian and he winked.

"Thank you so much for seeing us. We're going to be away from home for a couple of weeks and I didn't want her to worry the whole time." Brian said squeezing her hand.

"I completely under stand. Follow me please."

She took them to an exam room and asked Julie to come to the restroom and give a urine sample. Which she did. They stood right outside the bathroom and did a pregnancy test that turned positive in less than a minute. The Dr looked at Julie and said, "well you're definitely pregnant. Let's go get draw some blood and get an HCG number. That's the pregnancy hormone."

She took julie to a little lab area and there was a tech waiting. She drew Julie's blood and showed her back to the exam room where Brian was waiting. She told Julie to have a seat and the Dr would be back in a moment. She sat next to Brian and told him about the urine test and how they drew blood to check the pregnancy hormone and they were waiting on that.

A couple of minutes later, the Dr came in. Well, there's definitely a baby in there. As you saw your urine test turned positive almost immediately. We also got the blood test results and they came back very good too. Your levels are at 98000 which is right where we like them. So now if you'd like, I can do an ultrasound but it would have to be a vaginal one where I insert the instrument inside you. Brian wasn't sure about it but julie said,"if it's not to much trouble, I would be so grateful."

Julie also explained to the Dr that she'd been taking the depo shot for heavy periods and cramping and she was clueless how this happened. The dr didn't seem to surprised by that though. She said that while its a very low chance of conceiving, it's not impossible. Explained that the shots are good for 3 months at a time and when you're nearing the end of that time span, it opens up a small window of opportunity. It probably happened during that time. Especially if you weren't using any other protection.

"Would you like to see your baby?" The dr asked.

Brian held Julie's hand,"yes please." They said.

It didn't take long and they were staring at a tv monitor with what they knew had to be the amniotic sac and a little white blur.

The Dr pointed out the sac, and she pointed to the little white blur and she said, "there's your baby."

They could see the tiny little arms and legs. "It actually looks like a baby." Brian said in surprise.

" the Dr said,"you're measuring around 12 weeks and baby looks great."

Julie laid back on the table. "Thank you God." She said in relief.

Brian hugged her and kissed her forehead. "We're going to be parents?"

Then the Dr said, ""listen to this."

Next thing they heard was a melodic swooshing sound." That's your baby's heartbeat. Good and strong." Coming in at around 152 bpm."

They listened in amazement.

Brian wiped a tear away, "thank you so much." Then he wiped the tears from Julie's eyes. "The baby is ok!" Julie nodded.

"You're baby is doing great." The dr said. "Everything was exactly as it should be."

"I can't thank you enough. " Julie said shaking her hand.

"It was my pleasure. Congratulations to you both." Dr said.

They left the office and got back in the car that had been waiting for them.

Julie rested her head on Brian's shoulder and nodded off. She hadn't slept much last night and that on top of the fatigue she'd been dealing with. She was wiped out. Brian let her sleep.

They got back to the hotel and ran into Joe and Bessy in the lobby. Julie ran over to Bessy, "we saw a Dr here in Vegas. She said everything looked great". Julie said pulling out their ultrasound pictures. Bessy hugged her. "Omg Julie, I'm so happy for you."

"It still seems so surreal." Julie said. "I hope reality doesn't hit Brian and scare him off."

Bessy put her arm around Julie's shoulder,"look at him. That is the face of a happy man." "He'll be fine, and he's got Joe to talk to if he gets nervous." "You guys are going to make great parents."

Brian and Joe walked over to them.

"Hey ladies, I hope you didn't forget the guys have a golf outing this afternoon." Joe said.

"That's alright, we're going to lay by the pool. Do a little shopping and meet you handsome golfers for dinner." Bessy said kissing Joe.

Brian looked at Julie,"hey if you want me to stay with you today I have no problem with it."

"Not at all, Bessy's plan sounds fabulous. I feel a lot better after this morning."

Brian kissed Julie and gave her a hug. "Alright but if you need me, you call me and I'll be here in minutes."

"I know that, I love you. Go have fun." Julie reassured him.

"I love you too." He said.

"Take care of my girl. Don't corrupt her to much while I'm gone." He teased Bessy.

"Blah blah blah." Bessy joked.

Brian needed to run upstairs and grab his clubs and change his clothes. Julie decided to walk upstairs with him to change into her tankini. Brian watched her changing, she looked amazing. He knew it was all in his head but he swore he saw the beginning of a baby bump. He wasn't going to tell her that though. As Julie was putting on her top, she had trouble adjusting her breasts in it. She seemed frustrated.

"What's wrong Juls?"

"Well if I didn't know I was pregnant, I would wonder why my boobs were to big for my suit."

"I kinda like it." He came over and put his arms around her waist and kissed her.

"You better get going or neither of us are making our afternoon plans." She flirted.

"God you're so hot." He said kissing her neck.

"Brian Michael Quinn, get moving." She affirmed while spanking his ass playfully.

They went downstairs and Joe and the guys were waiting.

"Bessy went upstairs to change, she said to find you guys a couple of chairs and she'll find you." Joe said.

"Sounds good." Julie answered.

"Alright handsome, go play golf." She kissed Brian quickly on the lips.

"Be careful and I'll be back in a few hours." He kissed her again. "I love you"

"Have fun, I love you too." She replied.

Julie went and found her and Bessy a couple of loungers poolside and settled in. A few minutes later Bessy came downstairs. They caught up on things and Julie told her all about the Drs appt. They ate fruit and drank iced tea and laid by the pool all afternoon, and even got hit on a few times. around 3:30 the girls decided to call it a day. They collected their things and headed up to their rooms. Once Julie got to the room she got undressed and sat on the edge of the bed. She was so tired but she knew she needed to shower. They had a tight schedule this evening since the guys had two shows tonight and tomorrow night. She gathered herself up off the bed and got in the shower.

She'd only been in the shower a couple of minutes when she heard the hotel room door.

"Bri, is that you?" She yelled out.

He came in the bathroom. "It's me baby."

She stuck her head out of the curtain and smiled at him, "hi there."

"Hey sexy, how was your afternoon with Bessy?" He asked

"It was good. We just hung out at the pool." "I just got back to the room a few minutes ago myself." She said.

Julie turned around in the shower to rinse her hair and there stood Brian in the shower with her.

"Well hello there my handsome golf God." He took a step towards her and they were embraced in one another's arms.

"Hi there sun bunny." He said kissing her shoulder. "Tan looks good on you." He said kissing the other shoulder.

"You keep that up and I'll put you to work." She said thru laughter.

"I love how ticklish you are." Brian said.

They kissed and touched and enjoyed one another. When they were done in the shower he picked her up and carried her still wet to the bed and laid her down on the bed. They enjoyed one another a few more times and Julie fell asleep. Brian watched her sleeping. She was so beautiful. He couldn't believe she was his, and that not only was she his, she was carrying his baby. Their baby. They created a new life together. It was baffling to him.

He finally closed his eyes and took a nap too. They woke to the sound of Brian's phone ringing.

"Hey Murr, what's up."

"No we were just taking a nap."

"Yes we were really sleeping."

"Bro, not funny. What's up." He said looking at Julie and rolling his eyes.

"Ok hang on." He put his phone down on the bed. "Do we wanna go have dinner with gang?"

"That's up to you. I just realized all I've had today was a fruit salad at the pool so I'm starving." Julie answered.

"Yeah we'll meet you guys there, what time?" He asked James.

"Ok we'll see you guys around 6:00."

He looked at the clock, it was almost 5:15.

"Oh shit I didn't realize it was after 5."

They jumped up out of bed and started getting ready. Brian threw on a tshirt and a track jacket, jeans and his boots. Julie put on a purple tunic and a pair black leggings and black boots. She decided to just let her hair hang down tonight. She hurried and put some make up on too. Brian walked around the corner to the vanity and looked at her and stopped in his tracks.

"My God Julie, you are breathtaking." He said walking up and wrapping his arms around her.

"Brian.... I just did my make up, don't make me cry." She hugged him tightly.

"I mean it, I hope you realize how much I love you." He cupped her face in his hands and it made her just as weak in the knees as the first time he kissed her.

"I love you too. You're it for me. I have no doubt" she said looking into his eyes.

"I hope so. Considering you're carrying my baby." He joked rubbing her belly. "He kissed her again,"I really hope our baby has your blue eyes."

"Well I kinda hope they have your deep brown eyes. Those soulful eyes of yours are one of the things that I first noticed about you." She said stroking his face.

"To be honest, I dont care what our baby looks like, I'm just excited." Brian said.

"Really?" Julie asked.

"Most definitely."

" I was terrified you'd panic and that would be the end."

"Seriously? No way". He said confidently. "Ok I freaked a little at first but then did a shot of bourbon and I was alright."

"We really are going to be ok aren't we?" She asked.

"Of course we are, now let's go feed you and the tiny human."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 2.2K 52
Lauren never knew that when she bumped into somebody, her life would change forever.
81.8K 1K 34
When Brian Quinn has a taste of the ultimate forbidden fruit that could effect his friendships and career can he just walk away from temptation?
16.5K 339 42
An Impractical Jokers fan fiction featuring the jokers- Sal Vulcano, Brian Quinn, Joe Gatto, and James Murray. Susan Bishop has always had bad luck...
13.1K 377 30
One accident can completely change a person's life. In this case, one accident can completely change three lives. Find out what happens when Brian Q...