A Deal in Disguise

Von sleepytinker__

Looking straight in my eyes he said "I didn't like the way he was staring at you." I bit my lips "And how was... Mehr

AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHARACTERS
CHAPTER 1: WHO IS VINCENT?
CHAPTER 2: A PROPOSAL
CHAPTER 3: A DEAL?
CHAPTER 4: NOT A HEARTS AND FLOWERS KINDA GUY
CHAPTER 5: A MARRIAGE BOUNDED BY A DEAL
CHAPTER 6: RUDE ASS
CHAPTER 7: DANGER!
CHAPTER 8: SECRETS
CHAPTER 9: A FRIEND
CHAPTER 10: GETTING CLOSER
CHAPTER 11: BETRAYAL
CHAPTER 12: THE NICE ONE
CHAPTER 14: LIES
CHAPTER 15: STAYING AWAY
CHAPTER 16: HURT
CHAPTER 17: APOLOGIES
CHAPTER 18: 2 down, 4 more to go...
CHAPTER 19: "Don't involve yourself in this mess"
CHAPTER 20: "Sometime it's the situation to be blamed"
CHAPTER 21: "Spain it is then."
CHAPTER 22: "It'll be fun babygirl."
CHAPTER 23: Or is it wrong because you love Olivia?
CHAPTER 24: And it's now too late to stop
CHAPTER 25: "Do you regret last night?"
CHAPTER 26: I can't get him, even if I try
CHAPTER 27: It's like he doesn't care about me anymore
CHAPTER 28: How will I stop him?
CHAPTER 29: "Every story has two sides"
CHAPTER 30: "You should hate me for whatever I have done"
CHAPTER 31: "Trust is earned, Rafael."
CHAPTER 32: He is Vincent for me.
CHAPTER 33: I want to sleep peacefully
CHAPTER 34 : "Just know one thing I can never hate you."
CHAPTER 35 : "She is a Martinez now not a Cameron"
CHAPTER 36 : "I fucking love you, Hazel Martinez."
CHAPTER 37 : "She's the only thing that keeps me sane."
CHAPTER 38 : "A betrayal in the mafia cannot be forgiven."
CHAPTER 39 : "But I wanted you both in my life."
CHAPTER 40 : "Just stay."
EPILOGUE
ALESSANDRO
BILLIONAIRE'S REVENGE

CHAPTER 13: "Don't leave."

59.5K 2.4K 262
Von sleepytinker__

HAZEL MARTINEZ

"I'm afraid she won't be able to join you." Came a voice from behind while I was talking to Connor making me freeze completely.

Is this a dream? Or is he really here?

As I turned around, Rafael stood at a few distance looking straight at us. Honestly speaking I did not expect to see him here especially when I didn't ask him to come. But seems like he is the best person in my life.

He made his way towards us.

"Actually, the coming Tuesday we need to attend a function and being my wife, Hazel has to join me there."

Connor smiled at Rafael "That's fine. She can help me some other day maybe later this week and I don't think you'll have any problem."

"My apologies this week would be a bit difficult for her to join you."

I looked at Rafael totally confused. His eyes were still fixed on Connor with a light smile plastered on his lips but the smile did not feel good at all... on both the sides.

"May I ask why is that?" Connor asked with the same not so pleasant smile. It was like if there weren't any people around both of them would've killed each other.

"We would be a bit busy for this week, you know I have introduce the world to my wife. Maybe after that she can join you."

"Yeah sure. That can do."

Rafael then introduced himself "Rafael Martinez. I am the husband."

"Connor Campbell. A friend of Hazel."

Am I invisible? Because if I am not, both are ignoring me very badly.

"Okay, are we done with the introductions?" I asked looking between Rafael and Connor awkwardly.

"Yeah. Anyways I think I should leave now I have work to do." Connor said turning to me. "Since your husband is here you won't be alone anymore."

I smiled and nodded, we hugged each other then he pulling away I said "Thank you Connor, for coming."

"I think we were done with the coming thing. No more formalities."

"Bye. Take care."

"You too Haze."

He then extended his hand towards Rafael and said "It was nice meeting you Mr. Martinez."

Rafael shook his hand and replied "Likewise."

Connor left and I turned my attention to Rafael whose eyes were still fixed on the direction Connor just went. He was lost in some deep thoughts.

"You know that was really rude of you." I spoke drawing his attention towards me.

"What was?" He asked.

"The way you spoke to Connor. He is my friend Rafael."

"I don't like him and I am usually rude to the people I don't like."

I sighed.

"And my suggestion to you is stay away from him."

"And why do you think I would listen to you?"

"Because I am your husband. You should listen to me." He said looking in front sliding his hands in his pockets.

I bit my lips and muttered "Thank you."

"For reminding you, I am your husband, well welcome."

I rolled my eyes. "For coming here."

"A minute ago you were saying the same thing to him too."

"I was. No one in my family has ever come for any of my events. Having Connor is totally different from having you."

"And why is it different?" He asked looking me straight in the eye with a smirk on his lips.

I couldn't take my eyes off him either. This was the first time when I was feeling special, first time when I was feeling that I too have my people to appreciate me, I just love this man for being with me, for respecting me and my work.

"He is a friend who I have met just a few days ago not a family member like you. Whatever you do for me makes me feel special, something I have never felt before." Our eyes just remained on each other, neither he nor I broke the eye contact. I don't know what is he thinking but when I said those words the smirk on his lips vanished, he just stared at me.

"Excuse me?" A voice came from behind me making us come back to our senses and finally get our eyes off each other. I turned around to see a lady standing with my book in her hand.

"Can I get an autograph?" She asked.

I smiled and took my step closer to her signing the book.

"Thank you so much, I am really a big fan of your writing."

"Thanks a lot, glad you are like works."

She left after praising me for few more minutes. I turned to Rafael again.

"See, I too am famous. It's not just the Great Rafael Martinez, I too have fans."

He rolled his eyes but I could see a light smile on his lips. "How was your speech?" He asked.

"I don't know people said it was good but I don't know why am I still not used to it."

"It was just a speech."

"But I can't stop being scared."

His brows furrowed "Scared of talking?"

"No. Not talking. I am scared of expressing myself in front of too many people. I am scared of people judging me, I know it doesn't make any sense but it's just the way I am."

He chuckled then pinched the tip of his nose "But you still did it, right?"

I looked up at him.

"You did express yourself successfully. How about something I suggest? Before going to the stage think of the worst circumstances that can take place if you fail to talk in front of them. They will laugh at you? So what? Why would you care? Everyone doesn't have everything in them. Let people say whatever they want to... just stop caring. Why do you care about people judging you? Just be yourself. If you care about what people think about you then you won't be able to be happy. The world is a bit mean, Haze."

What's happening to me today? It seems like he is the one I was missing in my life. What is he doing to me? He snapped his fingers in front of my eyes getting me out of my thoughts.

Quickly I pulled myself together from the 'Rafael spell' and cleared my throat replying "So this is your theory of being so much confident when you speak, in all your interviews you seem to be pretty confident."

"So you did all your stalkings on me even the interview."

I shrugged "You don't expect me to not search about the guy I am getting married to, you too did your stalking on me."

"Fair enough. What more exciting things did you find through your stalking?" He asked with a playful smirk on his lips.

"That's the problem there wasn't anything exciting about you, seems like you are a very boring person."

Liar liar pants on fire! He is far from boring I love stalking his Instagram account, his pictures are just beautiful.

"Am I?" He asked in a way as if he knew I am lying.

I cleared my throat and nodded "Mhm."

"You didn't check the comments on Instagram when you stalked me, did you?" I looked at him in confusion "There are many girls who find me really exciting."

My eyes widened. Oh Sweet Jesus! He has no shame, this guy is telling his wife that girls are his fan and they also comment on those half-naked pictures!

Rafael chuckled looking at my face because I was dangerously glaring at him "You're cute."

Suddenly there was a loud sound which made me freeze on my place again.

No. Not again.

It was a gunshot. I don't know what was happening but the gunshots were continuously heard from outside.

"W-What's happening?" I asked looking around, my voice barely audible.

Rafael held my hand pulling me closer to himself looking around.

Suddenly few men came inside the room, Rafael pushed me behind him. Those men started firing blindly but they missed their shots, one bullet was fired towards us but it hits the glass kept on the table beside us. Holding my arm tightly Rafael was trying to get out of the hall avoiding all the bullets but those men didn't stop, they kept firing at everyone present. Somehow Rafael managed drag me out of the huge hall, reaching some dark room he locked the door and pulled me closer to him, he kept peeking outside checking whether anyone was coming to our side or not.

I hid my face on his chest, crying.

Why?

Why is it always me to face such situations?

Who the hell are these people and what have I ever done to them?

It scared the shit out of me today. I was able to stay strong the first two times but this time I can't. I am not this weak to cry but two times they have already tried killing me and now again.

Rafael looked down at me.

"Hazel?" He called but I didn't look up at him, I kept crying. I was embarrassed that I am so pathetically weak to cry when I should do something to fight the situation. But here I am doing nothing but crying again like I did when they killed Mom and Dad.

He cupped my face in his hands making me look up "Hey, it's okay. Please don't cry."

But it didn't help.

I don't know why it felt so difficult to breathe. Rafael wrapped his arms around my waist hugging me his other hand was continuously rubbing my back.

"Shh... it's okay Hazel. We're going to be fine. I won't let anyone hurt you."

I kept crying in his arms. I don't know how long we were in that room I don't know when did those men leave all I know was I was in his arms, crying like a mess.

Rafael pulled out from the hug and was going to open the door but I held his hand stopping him, he looked at me I shook my head asking him not to go outside.

"It'll be fine, I'll be back soon."

I shook my head again asking him not to leave.

"I promise, it'll be alright." He pulled his hand out of my hold and went outside. I leaned against the wall wrapping my arms around myself, trying to breathe properly. I closed my eyes but my tears they were just not stopping. After sometime Rafael came back again and said "They're gone. We can leave."

I nodded.

But as I took one step, I was shaking so badly that I was about to fall but he held my waist holding me in position. Moving away from him I tried walking again but this time he held my hand and pulled me towards him then picked me up in bridal style I wrapped my arms around his neck, my head resting on his chest. He made his way out of the room. As I looked around, the room was completely destroyed, few men lying on the floor lifeless, some of them were badly hurt.

What are they getting by killing so many people?

Thinking that I got more scared, I hid my face in the crook of Rafael's neck. He carried me to the car, he was about to put me in but I didn't loosen my hold on his neck he looked down at me. I just stayed as I was still not letting him go. He sighed and got into the car with me then asked the driver to take us home. The whole car ride I was sitting on his lap, in his arms with my face in the crook of his neck. I didn't want to let him go, I was too scared to do that.

As we reached home Rafael was carrying me to our room, Dad was in the living room watching TV as soon as he saw us, he stopped Rafael. Rafael turned to look at Dad.

"What happened Rafael?" Dad asked looking at me in complete shock.

"Nothing Dad. Everything is fine."

"Everything is fine? Look at her, she looks so scared and has she been crying?"

Rafael was about to say something when the news of today's incident flashed in the TV again reminding me about that worst situation. I tightened my hold around Rafael's neck again hiding my face in the crook of his neck.

"You both were there?" Dad asked worried.

"Dad, I'll explain everything to you later but now just give me sometime. Let me be with her." He replied making his way to our room.

He placed me on the bed and sat in front of me. He cupped my face with one hand "Hazel it's okay, we're home now."

This time I hugged him tightly crying my heart out "I-I was so scared Rafael. Why? Why is it always me? Why are they trying to kill me? What have I done to them?"

He pulled away from the hug and held my hands in his "Nothing will happen to you Hazel."

"How can you say that? Two times Rafael. Two times. First Connor saved me and if today you weren't ther-"

He placed his index finger on my lips "Shh... I was there today and you're fine, don't even think otherwise."

"I am scared."

He sighed "I know, I too am."

I slowly laid on the bed, my eyes not leaving Rafael. He got up from the bed but I held his hand stopping him.

"Don't leave." I almost begged him. He laid beside me, I moved closer to him closing my eyes trying to sleep and forget whatever happened today.

||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||

My baby😪

Hope you liked the chapter.

I'll see you all soon with a new chapter till then... Stay safe.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

98.2K 2.4K 45
Completed Enrique She was a kid... a damn kid. I became her friend because my father asked me to befriend a girl 14 years younger than me, and I di...
58.6K 1.8K 65
"I knew it.. I knew you were alive!", he breathes wryly. "I missed y..ou..", he breathed and stretches his arms to wrap around her but she steps back...
1.8M 81.7K 51
"Stop pretending. Boyfriend, right? With whom you'll be hanging out once Eth and your Dad are gone." I stared at him in disbelief. "What more things...
161K 3.5K 33
Jason I started kissing her jaw but not kissing her lips, I like to tease her "Jason please... " she moans grabbing my hair. "Patience baby, do you...