Play Of Fate

By Babii_fujoshi

When life is already chaotic enough, fate will even make it worse. Mew and Gulf almost had the perfect relati... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight (Part 2)
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen (Part 1)
Chapter Nineteen (Part 2)
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-seven
Chapter Thirty-eight
Chapter Thirty-nine
Chapter Forty (Finale)
Special Chapter (Part 1)
Special Chapter (Part 2)

Chapter Eight (Part 1)

557 31 10
By Babii_fujoshi

Win was playing free fire on his phone when he heard their doorbell ring. He ignored it and continued playing when it rang again. He looked in their gate's direction and muttered, "One more ring, and I'll kill whoever is behind that damn gate."

To Win's dismay, the doorbell rang again, and he lost his focus and got killed in the game.

"Shia! Oiiiiiiii!!!! This is an important game. Why did you choose to disturb me now?!"

Win went out of their house to their gate. He's so furious. Who the hell would go to their house on a Saturday? None of them are expecting any guests.

When he opened the gate, he saw a guy standing in front of their gate. The guy looks familiar. Had he seen him before? The guy is wearing a uniform for a delivery service company. The guy smiled at him and handed him a bouquet. Win was puzzled. Why the hell would this guy give him flowers?

"Hi. I'm Up. I'm here to deliver these flowers for Khun Gulf." Said the delivery guy and then showed his bunny teeth.

Win was taken aback. "Okay. So those flowers are not for me. Whew!" He thought to himself. He looked at the guy again, who was still handing him the bouquet.

"Isn't this a scam? We did not order anything today. Besides, my brother won't order a bouquet."

Up laughed. "Oh no, sir. This is already paid. I was asked by the customer who ordered this to deliver it here."

Upon hearing what the delivery guy said, Win smiled ear to ear. He's having thoughts already about who might have sent the flowers. He gladly accepted it.

"Please sign here, sir. Just proof that the order was delivered." Up then handed Win a piece of paper to sign.

"Do you happen to know who ordered this?" Win asked. He's wondering whether it was Dr. Kao who ordered the flowers.

"I'm sorry, sir. I have no idea. I was only given instructions by the owner of the flower shop, where this was ordered."

"I see. Thanks."

Just that, and Win closed their gate. He looked at the bouquet. It was a bouquet of daisies. Win smiled to himself and walked inside while muttering, "That doctor has good taste."

_________________________

Up was done for today's delivery. After this, he'll go home and change since he still has a class for his master's degree. He was driving his motorbike along an almost empty intersection. He applied a brake when he noticed that it was a red light. After waiting several minutes, he released the brake and drove across the road since only several cars were in the area.

To his surprise, a black car is making its way toward him. The car's headlights blinded him. He tightly shut his eyes and prayed silently.

The next thing he knew, he was already lying on the road, and his motorbike was also lying down. He sat up and checked himself. He huffed air in relief when he didn't feel any pain in his body, nor did he see any wounds. The car owner immediately went out of his car and attended to him.

"Are you okay?"

Up did not bother to look at the person who got out of the car. He just nodded and tried to stand up when he suddenly felt a sharp pain in his ankle. He then felt dizzy and lost his balance. Up was about to fall when the owner of the car caught him.

"Are you okay? I think you need to go to the hospital."

Up held on to the person holding him. When he finally saw the face, he was caught off guard. The guy is so handsome. His short fantasy was cut off when he remembered his current situation.

"I don't have money to go to the hospital. Just give me a lift home. This is just a minor sprain." Up said, then closed his eyes hard after feeling the sharp pain on his ankle again.

Seeing the situation, Kao assessed the guy's condition. He has a fracture. This guy needs to go to the hospital.

"I'll take care of the hospital bills. I'm a doctor. Seeing you like this, you might have a fracture. We'll have to remain like this for a moment. I'll call an ambulance. Don't move too much. Or else, the fracture might get worse."

Up just nodded. He's feeling dizzy. He heard the guy talk to someone on the phone. The last thing he heard from the conversation was the guy saying which place they were at before everything became so blurry for him, and he closed his eyes.

---------------------------------------------------

Gulf was patiently waiting at the mall. Kao asked him last night if they could watch a movie today since he has no class and it's Kao's day off. Gulf glanced at his watch: 1:30 PM.

They agreed to meet at 1 PM today. Kao hasn't texted him yet. He's probably stuck in traffic.

Gulf decided to browse his Facebook account when he saw the message that 'P'Niran' sent him. Until now, he's still getting bothered about it. He doesn't want to overthink, but it feels like it was that guy whom he's talking to.

He tried his best to eliminate any traces of him in his life. Now that he's living a good life, he doesn't want to think of him again, nor say nor hear his name.

Gulf shrugged off the crazy thought and browsed through his Facebook account. It was not long before his phone rang. He immediately answered the call.

<Phone Line>

"Hello, Gulf," Kao said on the other line

"What? Why are you late? Where are you?" Gulf asked with a bit of impatience.

"I'm here at the hospital."

"What?! Why?! What happened to you?!" Gulf blurted out, earning weird glances from passersby.

"I'm fine. I only have to attend to an emergency. It was my fault that this person is in the hospital now." Kao sighed. "I'm sorry. I know it was me who asked you if we could go out. But then... this happened."

Gulf pouted upon hearing what Kao said. Kao seems to be frustrated that they have to cancel their meet-up today. He bit his lip before asking, "How about I go there instead? We can eat at a nearby café. If not, the hospital's pantry's fine too."

He heard Kao smile from the other line. "You badly want to see me, huh?"

Gulf also smiled. "Ohhhh. So now you're teasing me, huh? Wait 'till I get there, Mr. Doctor." Gulf said while trying to suppress his smile.

"Are you sure it's fine for you to go here? I mean, we can meet maybe later and catch the last screening."

"Nah. I'm good. I'm a grown adult now. I know how to commute."

"Okay, cutie. Message me when you're on your way. I'll meet you at the hospital's lobby."

"Alright. Bye."

"Bye. See you."

After the call, Gulf looked at his watch and checked the time. 1:45 PM. From where he is, it would probably be a 20-25 minute travel. He texted Kao that he was about to leave the mall and made his way to the exit.

------------------------------------

Off was in his office at the moment, working on some files. Supposedly, it's his day off, but because he decided to skip work yesterday, he has to cover some work to catch up with backlogs.

He was signing some papers when someone knocked on the door. The boss that he is, he shouted, "Come in."

When the door opened, he saw Saint with... a guy. Wait, does he know this guy?

"P'. I might get home late later. P'Zee and I will watch a movie at the cinema."

Off was puzzled. Seriously? Did Saint go here to tell him that? And who is the guy he's with?

Saint might have noticed that his brother was silently asking a question in his head, so he just decided to introduce Zee.

"P, this is P'Zee. He's my friend. P'Zee, this is P'Off, my brother." Saint then beamed a smile to the other male in the room.

"Nice to meet you, P'." Zee then offered a hand and smiled awkwardly.

Off is still looking at him. He felt... weird. Why did Saint bring this guy to him if he's just a friend? Is he asking for his blessing to get married?

Off got so lost in his thoughts that he was surprised when Saint slapped his shoulder.

"What?!"

"P'Zee has been waiting for your hand for over a minute now."

When Saint pointed it out, that was the only time Off noticed this guy, Zee, offering him a handshake. He gladly accepted it and awkwardly smiled.

"Are you sure you're just friends with my brother?" Off asked, which earned a blush from Saint and wide eyes from Zee.

Both nervously laughed. Oh no. Something's fishy. Off smirked and looked at Saint.

"He's your boyfriend, am I right?"

"Ai P'Off!" Saint slapped his brother's shoulder repeatedly.

"Oi! Enough! I'm just kidding." Off said, while trying to escape the hits from Saint.

Zee tried to suppress his smile. It was left unnoticed by Off.

"You're not laughing at me, are you?"

Zee then raised his hands in defense and shook his head multiple times.

"Oh no. no, Phi. I just... just.."

"You find my brother cute?" Off then grinned and looked at Saint.

"Fine. You can go out with him. Just make sure that my brother can still walk tomorrow."

"P'Off!"

Off roared with laughter while Zee and Saint were red as a tomato from embarrassment.

"Shouldn't have gone here. Here. Take this home for me." Saint said as he handed Off his backpack.

"Oh wow. I thought you came here to ask my permission. Not knowing I'll end up as your delivery guy. Very well, Sunee."

"Stop it, P'." Saint glared at his brother.

"Alright, alright. I'll bring this home for you." Off said as he took the bag from Saint.

"Thanks, P'. We gotta go."

"Alright. Don't stay out too late."

"Okay," Saint said as he closed the door. He saw Zee quickly bow his head before closing the door.

Off shook his head and smiled at his thought.

"That kid. Our baby is already in love."

_________________________________

When Gulf arrived at the hospital's lobby, Kao was already waiting for him there. He immediately went to him. When Kao saw him, he stood up and took Gulf's hand before they went to the café inside the hospital.

When they reached the café, they placed their orders and waited on a table near the café's glass window.

"Sorry if I kept you waiting. I was caught in traffic. I should've taken the subway." Gulf said as he looked at Kao.

Kao smiled and patted his hand. "That's fine. No need to be sorry."

Gulf smiled and looked at Kao. It has been what? Almost two years that they have known each other? It was Kao who was always on his side. Even though he's always busy, just one call away, he will be there for Gulf. He was happy with the care and attention that he received from Kao. He felt so loved. He smiled and placed his hand on top of Kao's that's holding his hand.

Kao noticed it and smiled back at him. Gulf is so precious. Kao knew he was-- the moment he saw those eyes. Ever since they knew each other, there was never a day that Gulf missed putting a smile on his face. This sunshine should be loved and taken care of.

Silence enveloped the two of them. It was always like this. They bicker on phone calls and messages but are silent whenever they are together. Gulf knew that Kao also knew. However, he's not yet at the point where he is already so sure. He's almost there. But before he risks again, he wants to confirm if he's worth it.

Their little moment was interrupted when Kao's phone rang. He answered it and nodded repeatedly. After the call, he looked at Gulf again. Regret can be seen in his eyes.

"Cutie, I need to go back to the hospital now. The nurses said that my patient was already awake. I'm sorry about this." Kao said while holding his hand.

Gulf smiled. He understands. It is Kao's duty. He is a doctor, so he must do his duty, even if he has to sacrifice his time.

"That's fine. We can go out some other time. I'll just stay here and eat our orders. I don't want to waste any food."

"Are you sure you're fine here?" Kao asked, his voice laced with concern

"Of course. Why wouldn't I?" Gulf smiled.

Kao pinched his cheek and ruffled his hair before going.

"Take care, honey. Message me once you're home."

"Alright. Don't stress yourself too much."

"I won't. I have to go."

"'Kay. Bye." Gulf waved goodbye to Kao before he went out of the café and ran towards the elevator.

Gulf just sighed and looked outside the glass window. The rain is about to pour. Perfect for the cup of coffee that they ordered.

After a while, their orders arrived. He put on his AirPods and listened to music while he sipped his coffee as the rain poured outside.

--------------------------------------

It was already 7:30 when Gulf reached home. His P'Toptap is preparing dinner, but he said he will skip it since he's full. His P'Top didn't insist anymore. He went upstairs to his room. Before he could open the door to his room, Win went out of his room and handed him a bouquet.

"What's this?"

"Flowers. Obviously." Win deadpanned.

"Ai sat. You dare talk back to me now?" Gulf said as he glared at their youngest.

"It was delivered here this afternoon. I don't know who it came from. The delivery guy doesn't know as well."

Gulf looked at the flowers. "Are you sure this is not from a stalker?"

"Ai P'. Just take this already and thank your handsome doctor. It's been here for hours already. Some of it already withered." Win whined.

"Alright. Thanks, buddy." Gulf said as he took the flowers from Win.

When he reached his room, he messaged Kao.

"I'm already home. By the way, thank you for the flowers."

After a while, Kao replied:

"Flowers? What flowers?"

"You don't have to deny. I knew it was from you."

"I forgot to buy you one after I bumped into someone on the road and rushed to the hospital to treat him."

Gulf was confused. If the flowers were not from Kao, then who?

"You're not lying, are you?"

"Why would I? Wash up now and go to bed. You have been lacking sleep for days now."

"Mm..'kay. Good night."

"Good night, bub."

Gulf was left confused again. Who the hell sent these flowers? Is that person trying to toy with his feelings?

---------------------------------

>USA<

"Sir, the flowers were successfully delivered to Khun Gulf."

It was the message Mew received from the flower shop owner. He specifically instructed the owner not to put in any card, whether who came it from or any message.

He sent Gulf a bouquet of daisies. He knows that Gulf wouldn't learn the message behind the flowers. But for him, it is his way of telling Gulf that they have a chance and that it is a new beginning.

Mew looked at the frame on his office table and caressed Gulf's picture. He fished his phone out of his pocket and dialed a number. When the other line answered, Mew did not beat around the bush and spoke.

"Book me a flight to Bangkok. I'll go back to Thailand."

A/N: Omggggg. I can't. I'm torn between Kao and Mew. Place your bets and let me know in the comment section. :) Another character entered the story. What role do you think Up will have with the current happenings in the story? Drop your thoughts in the comment section. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49K 2.7K 14
Gulf has been loving Mew for years, in the sideline. He saw him fell in love, be in love and have his heart broken, along with his. Two years ago, Me...
89.3K 4K 21
Mew fall in love with Gulf but Gulf is in love with his childhood friend, Lisa. What will happen if Lisa reject Gulf's love? Will Gulf accept Mew's l...
105K 4.4K 76
A MewGulf fanfiction. A story of two lost souls who are brought together by a messed up situation. Or would it be better to say brought together by f...
9.1K 461 6
COMPLETED W A R N I N G: MATURED CONTENT. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! MewGulf fanfiction (Celebrity / Doctor) M-preg Mew and Gulf are in a relationship s...