Chaennie Oneshots

By r_ezquisite

R ๐Ÿ’– J Just writing out of boredom ๐Ÿ˜‰ Started: June 17, 2021 Ended: --- More

Author's Note
Infinity
Error
Voodoo Doll
Hubby and Wifey
1+1=2
Butterfly
Chaotic
And I'm here
Enemies? (1)
Summer Love
Enemies? (2)
Summer Love (Final)
Enemies? (Final)
New York City
Enemies?(Bonus Part)
Right Here By My Side
Moments
Late Evening Date
I Wish That Was Me
I Wish That Was Me II
I Wish That Was Me III
I Wish That Was Me IV
Goodnight
Mine
Cuddles
Hi, Stranger
Let Me In
Let Me In II
Rain Is Our Love Language
Christmas Lights
M'lady
Special Day
I Love You
Simplicity
I Promise
I Promise II
Random Thoughts
Warmth In My Chest
Too Different Yet Alike
Be With You
Known
Jealousy, Dreams & Love
Known Pt. 2
You and I
Cold Nights at 54th East Street
Cold Nights At 54th East Street (2)
Don't Forget
Subtle Touches
My Art
Melodies of Distance

Let Me In III

862 39 25
By r_ezquisite

Jennie's POV

I shivered from the coldness as the night is fast approaching. These days have been pouring hard but I'm glad there are not much thunders and lightnings to be seen and heard. I rolled the sleeves of my sweater down as I stare at the heavy rain outside the window.

I watched droplets of water hitting the on the ground, splashing everywhere and people hastily strutting their steps with their umbrellas protecting them from the rain.

As I continuously observed of what is happening outside, my mind started to drift off to the events that happened when she came into my apartment unit that evening.

I unconsciously smiled and closed my eyes, listening to the faint music and sipping the coffee I have on my hand.

Flashback

"Do you want me to stay for the night?"

The moment she released those words, I immediately looked up to see if she really meant what she said and that I am not hearing things amidst the ongoing rain outside.

And there she was, her soft eyes greeting my shocked orbs and she slowly tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, her fingers descended down soothingly brushing my hair until she peeled her hand away that made me internally frown as the warmth I felt from her hand vanished .

"Stay with me."

~~~

My daydreaming was cut off when I heard my phone buzzing. I grabbed my phone but the smile on my face vanished as I stared at the name of the caller. I tapped my fingers on the cup and finished my coffee before declining the call.

I frustratingly dropped the cup on the sink making me close my eyes and take a deep breath before making my to the bedroom, laying down on my comfortable bed.

As soon as my back met the mattress, her scent lingers on the sheets and I couldn't help the heat creeping to my cheeks.

I fanned myself to get rid of the blush but it didn't work. I rolled over to my side and slapped my cheeks lightly but to no avail, the beating of my heart just kept on getting louder and louder.

I miss her.

When I remembered the gift she gave me when I requested her to stay the night, I quickly got up. I walked to my closet and took out the small teddy bear that I was holding.

Before laying down on my bed, I gave it a warm embrace. I ran my fingers through the fabric's softness, and the gesture reminded me of Rosie.

Flashback

We were both under the duvet, but with our backs facing each other. I tried so hard to sleep but was unable to do so due to the weather. Not only that, but her lovely vanilla aroma makes me feel a wide range of emotions.

Gosh, I miss her warmth. I want damn cuddles from her now!

I instantly disregarded the thought and closed my eyes, telling myself that it was time to go to sleep. At that very moment, an arm curled around my waist and dragged me closer to her embrace.

"What a-are you doing?" I internally scolded myself for stuttering, waiting for her mocking remark but none came out.

"Shhh, I could hear you loudly thinking. Relax your body, Jen. There's nothing to be nervous about. It's just me." Her calm and friendly tone instantly made my body to relax and tighten the hold she had on my waist.

As a thank you, I rubbed random patterns on her arms, which she gladly repaid by soothingly caressing my tummy in circles, causing me to gently close my eyes as tiredness overtook me.

I'm glad I was sleepy because if I hadn't been, I never would have gotten a wink of sleep as the softness of her lips on the back of my nape sent a quadrillion butterflies racing through my stomach.

I felt her grip on me tighten as she wrapped me in her protective hug. I felt heat creeping up my cheeks as her warm breath brushed against the back of my ear and she began humming a random melody, making my ears hear her soft voice. My eyes became heavy and I continued to trace lines on her arms.

As I inched closer to her, my mouth let out a yawn. I closed my eyes, but before I could fall asleep, I heard her delicate voice, which sent thousands of bolts racing through my body and my heart palpitating as a result of this strange, yet comforting sensation.

"Goodnight, my Jennie."

~~~

The ringing from my phone jolted me out from my trance and I grumbled, believing it was the person who had tried to call me earlier. When I picked up my phone, the scowl on my face suddenly turned to a smile, for the caller was exactly the person I had been thinking about. With a wide smile on my lips, I accepted the call without hesitation.

"Hey, Jennie! I'm sorry if I'm interrupting what you're doing right now."

"Hi Rosie! And no you didn't. I'm just here...um...."

"Jen?"

"I miss you."

While I awaited her response, I bit my lip and began fiddling with the sheets. The silence lingered for a time, and I could tell she was taken aback by my statement. I then hear her chuckle and from the tone of her voice, she was going to tease me for it.

"Are we getting bold now, Miss Kim?"

"Friends tell each other the truth, right? So I'm telling you now that I miss my friend, Miss Park."

I scoff and roll my eyes, mentally smacking myself for speaking the truth, but it's pointless; those words can't be taken back. Stupid Jennie.

"Well, since we're on the topic of the truth, I suppose I should tell you why I called you."

"Why then?"

"Because I miss you too, my Jennie."

I close my eyes and cover my mouth with my palm to stop myself from squealing so hard. Gosh Roseanne, what on earth are you doing to me?

"Are we getting bold now, Miss Park?"

"I've always been bold, Jennie."

"That you are, Rosie."

We both laugh at our antics, and then there is silence. Only our breathings could be heard in the comforting silence. It's strange how she manages to make me feel so happy. This is the first time I've ever felt anything like that. She frustrates and fascinates me at the same time. I'm glad I met her. A shoulder to lean on.

Are we really only friends?

"Jennie? Are you still there?"

"Yeah, I am. I was just thinking of when we could see each other again."

"Lucky for you, I made an arrangement for us. Dinner tonight at the -R- restaurant. How does that sound?"

"That sounds romantic." I teased her making her tease me back.

"I am a hopeless romantic little missy, and you're lucky getting free dinner sponsored by me, your special friend." I could feel her lips curving into a smirk. Her hubristic personality coming to life again.

"First, I'll pretend I didn't hear you call me little; second, I never mentioned anything about you being special, so I'm not sure where you got that remark; and third, I'll clearly be there for the free food."

Hearing her whine made me laugh out loud, and I quickly said my goodbyes before embracing the bear and finally letting out a squeal, my feet running back and forth.

I lay down on the matress, staring at the ceiling, a smile never leaving my face before getting up to choose an outfit for our little date as friends of course.

~~~

When I entered the restaurant, I was surprised because there were no customers, but I shrugged it off and told myself I'd ask Rosie about it later.

I keep a subtle smile on my face as I watch my neighbor talking or more like bickering with someone who I presume her older sister about something I have no knowledge about especially when they are speaking in a foreign language which is French. Something I never knew about and should ask her later.

After seeing the older woman smack her younger sister in the back of the head, I hold back the laugh that was about to escape my lips.

I approach the kitchen door and am ready to knock when I hear her shout at her sister in hushed tones.

I can tell she was getting annoyed by her sister's presence. I stop what I was doing and decide to listen to what they're saying, regardless of the language they're using.

"Alice! Peux-tu rentrer chez toi et ne pas interrompre ce que je fais ici?" (Alice! Can you go home and not interrupt what I'm doing here?)

"Je ne bougerai pas jusqu'à ce que tu dises pour qui tu cuisines, ma petite soeur." (I won't move until you say who you're cooking for, my little sister.)

"Je te l'ai déjà dit, c'est pour mon voisin, nous avons juste commencé à être amis récemment et -" (I told you before, this is for my neighbor, we just started to be friends recently and -)

"Tu as des sentiments pour elle, n'est-ce pas?"

I hear a quiet response for a few seconds and realize it's time to intervene, so I gently knock and open the door, surprising the siblings, particularly the Chipmunk, whose hair is tied in a messy bun, but she's still as gorgeous as she was the first time I met her, paired with her overweening personality that I've grown accustomed to.

"Jennie, you're h-here early." She cutely stuttered that made me swoon at her nervous state.

"I was hoping to help you cook whatever you're cooking or like watch you do the work." I casually shrug and glance at her face not missing the pink tint painted on her cheeks.

Cute as ever.

As I realize we aren't the only ones in the room, I quickly dismiss the thought. My gaze was drawn to her sister, who had a mischievous grin on her face and was staring back and forth between us before settling on me, which only added to her smirk.

"Hello, you must be Alice Park. Rosie told me so much about you."

My palms started to sweat all of a sudden as I couldn't comprehend the reason behind that smirk.

I swiftly made my way towards them and extended my hand to shake hands with her sister, but she didn't seem to be the type to receive handshakes.

"My name's Jennie–"

I was unexpectedly crushed into a tight hug as she took a step towards me, her tall form hovering over me, and I glance over at Rosie, who is placing her palm on her forehead. Alice then let go of me and kissed both of my cheeks, surprising Rosie and me.

"Alice!"

I looked at Rosie, who had her fists closed and her face clenched in fury and aggravation, and I must be hallucinating, but I'm sure there was a hint of jealousy in her captivating eyes.

"You must be the famous and gorgeous neighbor that my sister wouldn't shut up about. She never stops talking about you all day, Honey. Gosh, you must've seen her face hmph–"

Rosie quickly intervened and covered her sister's mouth with her hand, taking her away from me while giving me apologetic eyes.

"My sister's going to leave now so see you when I see you, Alice."

She places her hand on her sister's shoulder and pulls her toward the exit door, but not before her sister exclaims in French, forcing Rosie to quickly close and lock the door.

"tu es juste jalouse que j'aie réussi à lui embrasser les deux joues avant toi, petite sœur! It was nice meeting you Jennie!" (you're just jealous that I managed to kiss her both cheeks before you, little sister!)

I shake my head in amusement watching the wonderful bond between the two sisters and my heart slightly clenched missing the sense of such bond.

I bit my lower lip to keep a smile from forming as I glanced at the woman who had her hands in her blonde hair, causing me to stare shamelessly at her exquisite beauty. I ignored my heart's quick hammering and called her name; her eyes rested on me, puckered lips and feet moving in my direction.

I placed my arms around her waist and pulled her into a warm hug as soon as she was in front of me, my head resting on her chest.

I closed my eyes, enjoying the way our bodies were molded together and inhaling the wonderful vanilla scent that sends my head into a tailspin. She hugs me back right away, her chin resting on top of my head and her hands gently caressing my back.

We stayed in that position for quite some time before I broke the silence but not the hug.

"Your sister's quite nice." I smile as she scoffs loudly but tightens our hug.

"She's a nuisance. She wouldn't stop pestering me ever since I told her about having dinner with someone who's my friend." I raise my eyes to her and pinch her cheeks, which causes her to pout.

"Stop pouting, it doesn't suit you." Lie.

"Excuse me, Jennie Kim, but you're wrong about that; I'm cute in whatever I do, so I'm not sure where you got that remark."

She gives me an innocent smile with a glimmer of mischief in her eyes making me playfully roll my eyes and break the hug but not before sticking my tongue out at her.

"Finish your cooking now, Miss Park. I'm starving."

She quickly moves her feet as she begins to put the finishing touches on the dish, and I observe her the entire time, enjoying how gracefully she moves around and cooks the food. Her focused expression makes it even better as her eyes are filled with passion and determination, and I smile knowing she loves doing what she loves.

I was so preoccupied in staring at her that I didn't even notice her hands waving at me until she surprised me with a touch on the cheeks. Her smooth, flowing voice reverberates in my ears, and the blush on my cheeks starts to form, which she notices.

"You should have taken a picture, Jennie, to make it last longer. Come, the food's done," she says as she slowly intertwines our fingers and pulls a chair for me to sit in. I whisper a thank you, and she replies with a tiny smile.

The sweet aroma infiltrates my nose the moment I sit down, yet my brows furrow as I consider the familiarity of the food being served, and my eyes light up as I register the realization. I hear her giggle softly, and she gives me a playful wink in response.

"You didn't think I wasn't paying attention while you were describing your favorite cuisine, did you?" She says as she feigned a hurt expression which I respond with a laugh.

"You were so focused on eating the Kimchi Fried Rice I made for you at that time, and you looked so enamored with it that you forgot there was a real person in the room with you, traitor!" I strongly rebutt and she gives me a surrender look not even sorry for what she did.

"What can I say? The food you cooked was definitely delicious and it just made me like you even more than I would imagine." She mindlessly shrugs and sips on her wine. I halted in my seat, my heart racing again, and I hastily took a taste of the food and instantly closed my eyes, savoring the way the food melts in my tongue.

This tastes so good.

"Thanks for the compliment, Miss Kim. Dig in more, there's still dessert." She says, winking at me.

Wait, did I say those words out loud?"

"Yes, you did," she says, holding back a laugh but eventually giving in and making me respond with a phony scowl.

"I hate you but I love the food."

"You really know how to make me feel the love, Jennie."

And now we're back to our usual bickering, which I actually enjoy.

~~~

Everything about the dinner was enjoyable and memorable. We continued to bicker, the humorous ones, but we also learned a little bit more about each other, which surprised Rosie when I told her about my profession.

"You're an artist?? How come I've never seen any drawings in your unit?" She exclaims and has a look of betrayal plastered on her face.

I took a bite on the ice cream finishing it before pinching her squishy cheeks making her adorably whine but she didn't bother removing my hand.

"Because it's at my studio, which isn't far from here, and it's where I keep my drawings, including the precious ones. It's my safe haven," I explain, smiling.

"Would you take me there and show me your art?" she says, her face optimistic, and I decide to tease her for a bit.

"I don't know, I haven't witnessed you being a wonderful and caring friend to me." I cynically remark, fluttering my eyelids at her.

I raise an eyebrow at her, plainly disagreeing with what she's saying, as I hear her grumbling and complaining that she's always been an amazing friend since the beginning.

With a sigh, she stood up and walked up to my side, all the time monitoring her every step until she was right beside me. She clasps her hands, eager to see my studio, which is filled with my work.

I refused to give in until she continually shook my arm, inadvertently pulling me towards her, and now our faces are close together, nose to nose, eyes fixated on one other, foreheads almost colliding against each other, and lips inches apart.

I gulped audibly, prompting her to do the same. We looked into one other's eyes, enthralled by the clarity of the hues. Her eye color may appear to some to be ordinary, but it is much more to me. It's like an entire galaxy is swirling around in her dark brown orbs, and the vividness with which she isn't pulling away proves that she wants this just as much as I do.

But there was a mixture of fear and uncertainty in her eyes that I wanted to wipe away like the water removing the traces on the sand with a clean, smooth transition. I'd like to replace that with something that is the polar opposite of anxiety and uncertainty.

I want to know all there is to know about her, both good and bad, all the feelings she is holding in, all the worries she has kept to herself, and I want her to tell me everything there is to know about her. I want to understand her. I want her to let me–

"Jennie..." Her hushed tone drew me back to meet her eyes when I realized I had been staring at her lips for far too long.

She pauses for a moment and cautiously place her warm hands on my waist. As our eyes continued to drown into each other's orbs, I take a deep breath and place my hands on top of hers, gently gripping it.

"I want to do something now, but I don't want to do anything unless we're on the same page."
She softly says, connecting our fingers.

"And what if I'm on the same page as you?" I ask, letting her breath catch in her throat and licking her lips as I did the same.

"Then I'd gladly do it, and I'm not going to have any regrets about it," she says genuinely as she rubs my sides, and I respond with a reassuring smile.

"Will you regret it?" she questions, her expression a mix of wonder and optimism.

"I won't. Say I've been imagining something like this since the beginning, Rosie," I say as I gently caress her cheeks and push in closer, my lips slowly and achingly pressing against her soft skin. My lips trail along her cheeks, stopping at the corner of her lips.

As she gently squeezed my waist, I could hear uneven breaths hitting my skin and had to bite my lip to keep from letting out a moan. I place my free hand on her shoulders before stroking down her arm, occasionally soothing it. As the close contact between our lips drives me wild, the situation gets tense.

I shuddered as I felt her left hand run up my spine, causing my head to spin from the pleasurable sensation. Her hand came to a halt at the nape of my neck, running her fingers over my skin and tugging my baby hair.

"Jennie, may I?" Her heavy panting becomes more visible, and I surreptitiously smirk in triumph, knowing that I was the only one who could make her feel this way.

"You may." She cradles my face in her hands and tenderly presses our foreheads together. I close my eyes, awaiting her lovely lips to press up against mine.

Just as she was about to close the distance, my goddamn phone rings, prompting us to leap away from each other's grip. She takes three steps backwards to collect her breath, while I rest my palm on my chest to relieve the tension in my body.

I give her an awkward tight-lipped smile, which she reciprocates. She motions for me to take the call and then cautiously exits the room to give me some privacy.

I grumpily pick up my phone and, upon seeing who the caller is, I grumble, declining the call and slamming my phone down on the table with my eyes closed, as the anger and irritation of being interrupted by someone I never want to talk to builds up.

I hear the front door open and footsteps approaching me which prompts me to open my eyes. Rosie looks at me with a concerned expression as she grabs a chair to sit alongside with me. When I give her a faint smile, she frowns even more after she notices my mood has deteriorated.

"I heard slamming and decided I'd check in on you or something," she explains slowly, nervously scratching the back of her neck.

"Thank you," I give her a grateful smile before letting out a sigh.

"I don't mean to intrude or something but who was that person calling you? You don't need to answer if you don't want to. I'm just being curious." She rambles with her hands making gesticulations, causing me to shake my head with a slight smile on my lips.

"It was just someone I don't want to talk to or ever." I shrug, turning my attention elsewhere, but I see in my peripheral vision that her gaze remains fixed on me, as if she doesn't believe my excuse.

I started fidgeting with my fingers, but then I felt her hands entwine with mine, and she lifted them, her lips kissing the back of my palm. I looked at her in surprise, and all she did was smile and rest our clasped hands on her lap, her eyes focusing on it as if it were the most fascinating thing she had ever seen.

"You know, I never told you I could speak French nor had any idea what you do for a living; we still have a lot to learn about each other, don't you think?" she airily jokes, her gaze fixed on our clasped hands. I just stare at her in awe, waiting for her to complete what she's saying.

"I always pay attention to the smallest details, but please tell me if I'm wrong," she says before raising her head and asking for permission, and I nod my head in agreement to allow her to continue.

"I took a glimpse at you while you were watching me squabble with my sister before she left, and your eyes seemed sad." The final part was said faintly, but I still heard it.

"It's like you're missing someone really significant to you, and you miss the closeness you share with that person, but something happened that caused you two to drift apart," she says, sympathetically looking at me.

"But that's just my wild guess, feel free to correct me if I'm being overly inquisitive or presumptuous. That's just what I–"

"Everything you said is true," I cut her off with a smile at the end, enabling her shoulders to relax.

"The person that called me was my sister, who called me this morning before you did, but I immediately declined."

"That's the first time you mentioned your sister; I was expecting it to be a close friend, not your sibling," she says, her brows arched.

"Well, I guess we still have a lot to learn about each other, don't you think?" I reply
mimicking the words she said minutes ago. She playfully scoffs before giving me a knowing smile.

"You're not wrong. We never really told each other our stories, the deep stuff we rarely share with others." She realizes, shaking her head, and her words sparked an idea in my minds, so I gently squeezed her hands and she turned her gaze to me, her face full with curiosity.

"Now that we're in that conversation," I say, "How about we tell each other our stories? It'll answer all of our questions we've been wanting to ask." She grips my hand and shifts uncomfortably in her chair, and I see her brown orbs filled with fear and anxiety.

"Not unless you want to, in which case it's perfectly fine–"

"I want to." Her words are determined this time, though I sense hesitancy in her voice. Her eyes, however, tell me otherwise. She's ready as I am.

"I let you in. You let me in," she says, raising her pinky at me, and we both laugh. I look into her eyes, and she looks back. This time, all I could think of was how lovely they are to look at and how she makes me feel so at ease in her presence. We've arrived at the point where we'll be sharing each other's stories.

How is it that I'm prepared to tell her all there is to know, and she is doing the same thing? This emotion is perplexing, but I'm enjoying it and want to discover out what it is and where it will lead until the end.

I won her trust, and she earned mine. She trusts me, and I trust her, and knowing that we've grown accustomed to one other's presence makes my heart flutter.

"I let you in. You let me in." I'll be here with you in every step, Rosie.

Author's Note:
Hello~~
Just passing by~~
This doesn't end here lmao.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.5K 1.2K 18
OPEN ENDING/ DISCONTINUED?? ๐™ธ๐š— ๐š ๐š‘๐š’๐šŒ๐š‘ ๐šŠ ๐š๐š’๐š›๐š• ๐š๐šŽ๐š๐šœ ๐š๐š˜ ๐šœ๐šŽ๐šŽ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š๐šŠ๐šŒ๐šŽ ๐š๐š‘๐šŠ๐š ๐š‹๐šŽ๐š•๐š˜๐š—๐š๐šœ ๐š๐š˜ ๐š๐š’๐š•๐š‹๐šŽ๐š›๐š ๐š‹๐š•๐šข๐š๐š‘๐šŽ...
52.8K 1.4K 25
๐–๐ก๐จ ๐ฌ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ง๐ž๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐จ๐ฎ๐œ๐ก ๐ญ๐จ ๐›๐ž ๐ข๐ง ๐š ๐ซ๐ž๐ฅ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐ฉ? Started: May 15, 2020 Finished: June 24, 2020
4.3K 140 7
Kacchako Week 2021 prompts found here! They may not always be on time, but I'll get them all out.
37.6K 997 18
the title says it all :) feel free to leave requests in the comments or via dm!