Loving Being Different (Vampi...

By InfinitelyBeau

When a young girl moves to Mystic Falls, and reveals herself to be Elena Gilbert's Twin, everyone takes the n... More

Loving Being Different (Vampire Diaries)
Chapter 2; Let's Talk.
Chapter 3; The Race.
Chapter 4; That's what friends are for.
Chapter 5;Get used to it.
Chapter 6; Vacation Time.
Chapter 7;Tell me, And I'll leave.
Chapter 8; You're Naked!
Chapter 9; Duct Tape Fixes Everything.
Chapter 10; What A Gorgeous Smile.
Chapter 11; What I Saw Tonight..
Chapter 12; I Will Have Her.
Chapter 13; Stupid Salvatores.
Chapter 14; Idiot.
Chapter 15;The mouse.
Chapter 16; G-U-I-T-A-R
Chapter 17; Showers, Sex, and Fat Guys.
Chapter 18; I'm Happy.
Chapter 19; Beginning To Be More Than I Originally Planned.
Chapter 20; Who's That!?
Chapter 21; Roses.
Chapter 22; Growling is a Warning.
Chapter 23; Bruce The Dog.
Chapter 24; I never meant to hurt anyone.
Chapter 25;The Truth.
Chapter 27;What Emotions?
Chapter 28;I messed up your life.
Chapter 29; The Cure Is..What??
Chapter 30; This is It, Isn't it?
Chapter 31; Pour Me A Cup.

Chapter 26; I'll Prove it.

4.9K 97 8
By InfinitelyBeau

Damon's P.O.V.-

"You're just going to let her go?" 

I didn't have to turn around to tell who it was, I had been out on the porch for atleast an hour. Just staring at the darkness and wishing my cup was filled back up with bourbon. "She didn't want to stay here, Stefan." I said blankly. "Still, you didn't put up much of a fight." He replied, I turned my head to look at him. He stood in the doorway, his arms crossed. What was I, a kid being scolded? I rolled my eyes and turned to look at the darknes again. "What was I supposed to do, Stefan? Tie her down to the bed? She's 19, she can do what she wants." I said,  lifting my cup up to my lips, and sighing before placing it back down, realizing it was still empty. 

"No, but the truth might have helped." He said looking to the forest. I looked down at the small porch we had, or walk-way thing, or whatever. I turned to face him slowly holding my cup close to my body. "The truth?" I asked narrowing my eyes. "You weren't up in that room, brother, You don't know what was said, and what was neglected to be said. So, how can you tell me what I should have done, when you didn't even lift a finger to stop her from walking out of that door?" I said taking a step towards him. 

He narrowed his eyes at me, "You honestly expect me to believe that you told her the complete truth?" I raised my head and stayed quiet. "After everything you claim to have been through, if all that pain is true, then it would be nearly impossible for you to tell the truth about how you feel, because you're afraid, Damon. It's understandable for you to be scared of this new feeling, but that doesn't mean you can use it as an excuse to not tell people what they deserve to know." He said taking a step towards me. 

"Deserve to know?" I rolled my eyes, "Oh as if, little brother." I said shaking my head at him. "She doesn't care, she never did. How is that so hard to see? If she ever did care, she would have stayed, after all the things that were said up there, she should have stayed. But she didn't, and that was her choice, and who am I to object to the queens wishes?" I said raising my glass. He just stared at me, and without a word I walked around him and into the house.

Stefan's P.O.V.-

I didn't care if Damon admitted it or not, he didn't want her to leave. Whether it was because he had the feelings I suspected, or he just admired the girl, he hated her absence, and I did too. The next day, Bonnie dropped by, asking where she was.

"She left." Damon replied, pouring himself a cup of bourbon. I leaned against the arm chair, with my own cup. "Okay, that's clear." Bonnie said. "But where did she go?" She asked, getting impatient. "Why isn't 'she left' good enough?" Damon snapped sitting down on the couch. 

"Because I want answers." She replied coldly. "Fine," I said before Damon could speak. "She went with Klaus. But it was her choice, and there was nothing we could do about it." I said, motioning with my hands how pointless this conversation was. "You've got to be kidding.." Bonnie mumbled rubbing her eyes. "You just let her go?" She asked.

"She said it clearly, she wanted to go." Damon said drinking his bourbon. "Well, he had to have influenced her somehow," She said shaking her head. "How do you know?" Damon asked, unconvinced.

"Because, Loralie's Stubborn, sharp, and sarcastic, not stupid." Bonnie said leaning against the wall. "She wouldn't do that on her own, there's two things I know she would never do. Hurt anyone on purpose, and give up without a fight." Bonnie added. "She's sweet, and Klaus is...Klaus. There's now way she wanted to go with him." 

"Stefan," She said after Damon and I stayed silent for a few moments. "Hmm?" I said looking up from my glass. "Can you please give me and Damon a second alone?" She asked, crossing her arms and standing up from the wall. I stayed quiet, but walked around her and out of the room.

Bonnie's P.O.V.-

I waited till Stefan was out of sight, before looking down at Damon, who sat silent on the couch, sipping from his cup. "What's your problem?" I asked coldly. "Well, I'm an undead murderer, that feeds off of human blood, and loves alcohol, so the real question is, what's not my problem." He answered smirking and pointing at me with his glass. 

I rolled my eyes, "Damon, why aren't you fighting for her!?" I urged on. He rolled his eyes and leaned forward, leaning his elbows on his knees. "Why is everyone saying I gave up on her?" He hissed. "Because..?" I replied. "You kind of did."

"What do you want to hear, Bonnie? That I gave up on the kid, and that I'm sorry?" He asked, getting annoyed. "No, Damon. I don't want to hear anything, I want to see you go after her. What did you do when Stefan became the ripper? Did you just let him go?" I asked. He shrugged and rolled his eyes. "No.." He said, in a defeated tone.

"She's family, Damon. Whether you like it or not, she grew on all of us. Me, Stefan, Tyler, Caroline, Jeremy and Elena already liked her, and deep down even you know that she grew on you." I slowly sat down next to him, and he eyed me carefully, as though trying to understand what I was saying.

"Are you just going to let Klaus take family away, Damon?" I asked quietly. He looked down at his cup, He sighed quietly before standing up. "Fine, but not because you told me to, or even that I like the kid. Because, I'm almost out of bourbon, and I have nothing better to do, than to risk my life to save an annoying girl." He said before walking out of the living room. I smiled to myself, "Whatever, Damon..." I mumbled.

Damon's P.O.V.-

I didn't like the girl, Hell, I barely knew how I felt for her anymore. The best way to describe it, is imagine putting a bunch of white, folded wires in a box, and throwing that box into a shed for 10 years, taking it out and opening it. The huge mess of tangled wires is my emotions towards her. And one of those wires leads to the answer, but which one

I don't fucking know, that's the problem.All I knew for sure, was that Bonnie was right, she was family, and I can't leave family behind. I couldn't imagine losing my brother, even though he makes my blood boil, and I can't imagine losing her forever.

Me and Stefan left the next day, we were off to Klaus's house. What else were we supposed to do? Go up against a house of hybrids controlled by an original? Not likely.

I refused to knock, so I made Stefan do it. It's to weird, I hate knocking, it's like asking for permission to enter, I don't ask for anything.

A tall, built guy opened the door and let us in immediately, after eyeing us both for a moment. We were led into the living room, where Klaus smiled at us, and sat down on the couch. "I've been expecting you two, can I offer any beverages?" He asked. 

Stefan and I stayed silent, eyeing him, which he frowned at. 

"Let me guess.." He said quickly, "You came for the girl?" He asked leaning forward. "Well, we didn't come for the beverages." I replied staring at him. He frowned and sighed, "Well, I would be more than happy to let her go, but she just refuses. She doesn't want to leave, Damon." He said look at me. "You're bluffing." Stefan said. "Am I?" He asked.

Eyeing us both, he sighed. "Fine. I'll prove it." He said turning to look towards the staircase, "Lucus, get me Loralie." The tall hybrid left and walked over to the stairs before disappearing up them. Klaus turned to look at both of us as we waited. 

After a few minutes the hybrid came back down and stood in his original spot. The sound of high heels hitting the wood echoed down the hallway, we turned out attention to the stairs as she walked down them. 

She looked different, her hair was curled and fell down her shoulders, she wore a tight black dress that hugged her, and went halfway down her thighs, accompanied by black, open-toed high heels. She looked,..well, to be honest, stunning. But different, Loralie doesn't wear skimpy clothes like this. She walked over and stood beside the couch, she stared at us both, no expression before looking down at Klaus. 

He stood up, "See, boys. Perfectly healthy." He said walking around her. She stared at us both, as if she was looking right through us. "That's obvious, but how about she tells us how happy she is here?" Stefan said narrowing his eyes. "Fine." Klaus said, "Why don't we all just start telling the truth.." He said walking over to us. "Sit, both of you." 

Immediately we sat down in different chairs.

fuck. He compelled us. 

"Loralie," He said, "Is not the same as she was when she came to me." Klaus said.

"Obivously." I mumbled. He ignored it, sadly. "She's the perfect vampire, now." Stefan and I stared at him, "What do you mean?" Stefan asked nervously." 

"Can't you tell?" Klaus asked placing a hand on her shoulder. "She has no weaknesses, she has officially lost the weakness of having a humanity." He smiled, placing a finger under her chin. "Can't you see boys? She has been trained," He began with a smirk. "She has been trained to have no more emotions." 

Stefan's P.O.V.-

Klaus smiled, but Damon and I both just stared, wide-eyed. "Now, Loralie, go on and go back to your room." Klaus said. "Wait." Damon said in a low tone. "I want her to say it." 

"Excuse me?" Klaus asked. "I want to hear it from her mouth, that she's happy here." Damon said. Klaus stared at him, but nodded. "Go on, Loralie." Klaus said. She looked at klaus, before turning to look at Damon. "What's the reason you left?" Klaus asked. "Damon." She said. I looked over at my brother, who stared straight forward, avoiding looking at anyone specifically. 

"What did he do?" Klaus asked with a smile. "He's in love with me," She said staring at Klaus. "And?" Klaus urged, folding his arms behind his back. "And I'm not in love with him back." 

I saw my brother nod and bit his lip, before looking down at his hands as they held each-other. "So, tell us how you feel about all of this." Klaus said. 

"I feel like, everyone thinks I left because you told me to. But, I didn't. I left because I wasn't happy living with either of you," She said looking at Damon, then me. "Bonnie and Elena were to worried. Jeremy also. You two were always sad and worried, and I can't live like that. I'm happier here, and I like the way Klaus treats me." She looked over at Damon. He looked quickly back up at her, his previously sad expression, now hardened and annoyed. "Excuse me?" Damon asked.

"You two may now go." Klaus said, breaking the compellsion. He turned to Loralie, "Go up to my bedroom dear, I'll be up there with you shortly." He said staring at Damon as he whispered it to her. Loralie nodded with no expression and turned, before walking towards the staircase. Damon stood up quickly, "Stop." Klaus said, his voice loud, causing everyone to freeze. "I wouldn't make any stupid choices, Damon. We wouldn't want that necklace to be ripped off, now would we?" Klaus said with a threatening look.

Damon's P.O.V.-

My look immediately changed from pissed, to confused. "What?" I asked.

"You see, I'm sure you remember meeting a good friend of mine awhile back. A witch that attacked Loralie and mumbled words to her necklace. Those words were a curse." Klaus smiled, placing a hand on Loralie's shoulder. She turned to face us again, staring at Klaus.

"A curse linking her life to this necklace, as soon as it is ripped from her neck, or taken off she's gone. Much like the necklace was ripped away, so will her breath. She will immediately die. The curse is supposed to leave a scar on the person who actually rips the necklace off by burning them, leaving a permanent reminder of what they did."

My eyes widened, and I didn't have to look to tell Stefan was just as shocked as I was.
That explains why it burnt me that night.." I mumbled. "I beg your pardon." Klaus said eyeing me. "Nothing." I replied coldly.  "Go on dear, proceed to my room." Klaus whispered over his shoulder to her, and Loralie nodded before turning and walking upstairs. "I fancy her." He said as she disappeared.

"She has no emotions, yet is still daring and defiant. She has a rare light in her that is rather ravishing." He smiled placing his hands behind his back. "Now, Lucus, show them the door. Do excuse me boys, I have some business to take care of." Klaus said with a smirk before turning and disappearing up the stairs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 3.3K 23
Victoria Gilbert. Elena Gilberts older sister, you might know her, you might not. Both girls had a normal life until the Salvatore brothers, Damon an...
178K 5.4K 37
Trixie, Elena's cousin, is an adopted child of Carlisle Cullen and Esme Cullen but officially she's adopted by Billy Black, moves to Mystic Falls for...
88.8K 1.7K 82
--Vampire Diaries Fanfiction-- We're all born and one day we all die. But the world isn't that simple. We all know the stories our parents told us be...
3.8K 69 45
Based on season Three of TVD... Caroline throws Elena and Ellie a party at the Salvatore boarding house for their 18th. Klaus and Stefan learn Damon...