mind games ⁀➷ s.j ✓

By jungwwdiary

kim shiyeon and sim jake never really got along. he would always flirt with her to piss her off, and she woul... More

0
characters
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10 (months)
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
26
27
28
29
30.

25

1.7K 63 39
By jungwwdiary

The next late afternoon, it was around 6:20 and I was getting ready to go to the carnival with Heeseung and Sunghoon.

I was kind of lazy to go to be honest, because we were going to get home really late in the night and I hate coming home late.

But, I'm still gonna go; I already promised them that I'd go with them, and I think that it would be fun regardless.

I decided to straighten my hair and do my makeup extra pretty, just with the addition of red liquid lipstick as eyeshadow, some highlighter, and bold lipstick. Since it's the carnival, I want to take a lot of cute photos.

After being done with my hair and makeup, I changed into my outfit. It wasn't anything too crazy, but it was still fashionable and cute.

If you can't tell already, black is my ultimate favorite color to wear.

What can I say?

Black is the best color,

period.

The guys will be arriving any minute now, so I got my purse ready with my phone and other things inside, putting on my socks. Doing some final touch-ups to myself, I head downstairs afterwards and sit on the couch in the living room.

I decide to text Sunghoon to ask where they are, since it's basically already 6:30.

shiyeon: where are you guys at

penguinhoon: we're on the way, you know how heeseung hyung is with his driving. Slow as hell

shiyeon: ok that's fine

penguinhoon: oh btw... we have bad news

shiyeon: what is it?

Just as Sunghoon was typing, he stops texting his message while I hear Heeseung shouting from outside my house and in the front. I get up from the couch and put my boots on, leaving my house and locking the door. I get into the back seat of Heeseung's car.

Heeseung's in the driver seat, Sunghoon's in the passenger's seat, and...

Jake in the back seat?!?!

Alarmed, I close the door. Sunghoon looks back at me from his seat and I shoot him a glare. He gives me a nervous smile.

This was the bad news Sunghoon was talking about, huh?

I felt Jake's gaze on me, yet I ignored him completely and didn't look back at him. He was sitting on the right side while I sat completely on the far left, so there was quite some distance between us as Heeseung's car was spacious.

"Put on your seatbelt, Shiyeon." Heeseung looks at me through the rear-view mirror up front.

"Will do," I breathe out, putting on my seatbelt.

I lean back against the seat and cross my legs, putting my AirPods in, turning on some music. I kept the volume on medium so that I could still hear the guys talking.

Crossing my arms against my chest, an awkward silence arose up in the car. Heeseung cleared his throat loudly and spoke up to get rid of the silence.

"Will you guys go on scary rides?" He asks us all.

"Yeah, I'm most excited for the scary rides." Jake replies.

I decide to stay quiet, because I felt too awkward jumping into their conversation when Jake is here, since things are still rocky between us. We haven't talked in two weeks and I'm still kind of hurt.

I just sat there, listening to the guys talk while also listening to my music from my AirPods at the same time.

"I'll go on them. It'll be fun." Sunghoon adds in.

"Are you, hyung?" Sunghoon asks Heeseung.

"It depends on the ride. If the ride is super high up, then absolutely not." Heeseung answers.

"You have a fear of heights?" Jake laughs.

"Shut up. It's natural to have a fear of heights." Heeseung huffs.

"The ride to the carnival will be about two hours, since there's some traffic." Heeseung says to us.

"Thank gosh I'm not the one driving.." Sunghoon giggles in relief.

"No wonder why you told me to drive all of a sudden. Sneaky kid." Heeseung snorts.

"Sunghoon is always sneaky. He's learning from Riki." Jake jumps in.

"I'm not sneaky!" Sunghoon exclaims.

I turn my music volume all the way up, the background noises and the guys' voices being cancelled out from my loud music. I look out the window while listening to music instead of talking to the guys, and this lasted pretty much the whole car ride.

Every now and then, I would catch Jake looking at me whenever I turned my head the other way. He would look away almost immediately after I catch him looking, his eyes filled with sadness whenever he looked away from me.

He was smiling while talking to the guys, but whenever he looked at me, his face was filled with sadness, guilt, and regret.

It saddened me to see him so sad and down. He's always so happy and bubbly like the puppy he is, and I feel bad that he looks sad. I know it shouldn't make me feel bad for him, but I feel bad, anyway.

-

"We're here." Heeseung reaches over from the front seat and pats my thigh.

I take my AirPods out and put them in my purse along with my phone. The four of us get out of Heeseung's parked car, as we followed Heeseung to the front entrance.

Heeseung walked next to me with his arm wrapped around my shoulder, while Sunghoon was more next to Jake.

"Look at the pretty lights!" I gasp, pointing to the bright lights beaming on all of the rides.

"See? It was a good idea going at night, Sunghoon." Heeseung smiles, also looking at the lights.

"It's gorgeous here," Sunghoon breathes out, mesmerized.

"I heard there's a haunted house here." Heeseung says while the four of us waited in the line at the entrance.

"A haunted house? Really?" I repeat.

Heeseung takes his arm off my shoulders and nods his head at me, taking out four little slips from his pocket.

It was our turn next in line. Heeseung walks forward and gives the four slips of paper to the worker, and the worker takes them.

"You're all set. Enjoy your time." The worker tells us all.

We follow Heeseung inside the carnival, and we stop near the benches to look at a map; the carnival was super huge.

"You already got the tickets, hyung?" Jake asks him.

"Yeah, they were cheaper online." Heeseung responds.

"Thanks, Heeseung." I pat his chest with a smile, and he smiles back at me.

"Thanks, hyung. You're the best." Sunghoon throws a thumbs up to Heeseung.

"Thank you, Heeseung hyung. I love you~" Jake exclaims brightly.

Heeseung chuckles. "It's no problem, guys."

"Oh," I begin, and I grab all the guys' attention. "We HAVE to take pictures later. For memories."

"Duh, of course." Sunghoon pats my head.

"Is that why you have on more fancy makeup?" Heeseung asks me.

"Yeah." I nod.

"It looks pretty on you." He pinches my cheek.

In the corner of my eye, I can see Jake staring at us with a blank face. I ignore this and smile at Heeseung instead.

"Thanks, Heeddeung." I call him by his nickname.

His smile drops a little and he pours his lips, shaking his head.

"HeeSEUNG." He corrects me.

"Heeddeung is better." Sunghoon jumps in.

"Alright. What ride do you guys want to go on, first?" Heeseung holds out the map for all of us to see.

"Let's go on that one. The Viking ride." Jake points to one of the rides on the map.

"I love that ride! Let's go on that one, first." I clap my hands like a seal.

I hate to admit this, but I wish Jay was here. As much as I hate him, I can just imagine all five of us being here together like old times.

It makes me sad that I miss him, because I know I shouldn't.

I'm always doing or feeling things I shouldn't.

The four of us followed the map to get to the Viking ride.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 6.6K 56
[COMPLETE] A story where your boyfriend is your wingman. Time was like a ticking time bomb for Wu Jaehyun, and every passing moment he could feel hi...
1.1M 49.7K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
72.5K 1.5K 8
❝ Our destiny is a damned mistake. ❞ A relationship full of lies, that's what theirs was. One's a player and the other one's a trickster. When a miss...
11.6K 620 23
❝ 𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 a troubled girl is hopelessly in love with a cold-hearted boy ❞ [𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗱 ▸26/02/23] [𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗱 ▸21/07/23] /no translations...