❀I'm A Trainwreck❀

By lovinglangston

Ashland Craft, a 24 year old country singer who first got her start on The Voice, season 13, on Miley Cyrus'... More

C A S T
P L A Y L I S T, PT 1
P L A Y L I S T, PT 2
H O U S E S
P A R T O N E
P A R T T W O
P A R T T H R E E
P A R T F O U R
P A R T F I V E
P A R T S I X
P A R T S E V E N
P A R T N I N E
P A R T T E N
P A R T E L E V E N
P A R T T W E L V E
P A R T T H I R T E E N
P A R T F O U R T E E N
P A R T F I F T E E N
P A R T S I X T E E N
P A R T S E V E N T E E N
P A R T E I G H T E E N
P A R T N I N E T E E N
P A R T T W E N T Y
P A R T T W E N T Y O N E
P A R T T W E N T Y T W O
P A R T T W E N T Y T H R E E
P A R T T W E N T Y F O U R
P A R T T W E N T Y F I V E
P A R T T W E N T Y S I X
P A R T T W E N T Y S E V E N
P A R T T W E N T Y E I G H T
P A R T T W E N T Y N I N E
P A R T T H I R T Y
P A R T T H I R T Y O N E
P A R T T H I R T Y T W O
P A R T T H I R T Y T H R E E
P A R T T H I R T Y F O U R
P A R T T H I R T Y F I V E
P A R T T H I R T Y S I X
P A R T T H I R T Y S E V E N
P A R T T H I R T Y E I G H T
P A R T T H I R T Y N I N E
P A R T F O R T Y
P A R T F O R T Y O N E
P A R T F O R T Y T W O
P A R T F O R T Y T H R E E
P A R T F O R T Y F O U R
P A R T F O R T Y F I V E
P A R T F O R T Y S I X
P A R T F O R T Y S E V E N
P A R T F O R T Y E I G H T
P A R T F O R T Y N I N E
P A R T F I F T Y

P A R T E I G H T

45 3 27
By lovinglangston

Ashland's POV:

We just played our last show for the month! The next show that's due is in Silver Springs, Maryland, which is in March! I'm so excited for a little bit of a break.

I was on my tour bus with my band and crew and we were chatting up a storm until I heard my phone's ringtone go off. All every one, myself included in the bus heard was "Leave The Pieces" by The Wreckers.

"Ash, answer your damn phone," Noah, my guitarist said to me, a soft laugh coming out of his mouth. I laughed also and pressed the answer button without taking a glimpse at the caller ID.

The sound of Hardy's voice on the other end of the line made me flinch in a way I never have before. The way he talked frightened me. I took a shaky breath and said something to him, "Michael, hi, umm, how are you?"

"I could be asking you the same thing. How's Jon? You two seem to be getting closer and cozier with one another," He remarked coldly.

"Mike, c'mon. I done told you countless times, me and Jon do not have anything goin' on! He's my best friend, I wish you would accept that!" I cried.

"Baby, I love you, and I swear I will change my ways. I want you so damn bad. Please, Ashland, please!" He sounded so desperate. I was so damn tempted to just hang up, send him the link to Taylor Swift's song, We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, and calling it a day, or well, night in this case.

"No, no, and more no! I understand, that people make mistakes and everything, I get that. But you're sitting here talking to another girl who lives in San Diego or wherever.. It hurts, so in all honesty, thanks a lot, Michael. You not only broke my heart, but my trust too. I can't keep doin' this."

I hung up before I could give any kind of attention to any more of his bullshit. He texted me twice and instead of replying to what he had even said, I took the plunge and sent the Taylor Swift song to him. And gave him a little piece of my mind.

Hardy🥃🤓:

Ashland, you can't keep
shunning me. That's not how
an adult conversation works.
You are literally 23, 24 years old.
You should at least know how
some sort of adult conversations
go and work, right?

I mean, I guess you're upset
about me, my actions and everything else, but I'm praying for myself to make sure I'm a better man for you, me, plus everyone else around
the two of us.

Ashland🤪🥰:

https://youtu.be/WA4iX5D9Z64

We are never ever getting
back together, I'm done
being the second choice.
You only texted and called me
just because you're lonely.

Now go to sleep. I'm tired.
We have a long way to go
'til we get back to Nashville.

Finally! That weight is lifted off of my shoulders. It felt so amazing to tell him off, even if it wasn't how I had planned to tell him. It was a relief to be able to finally call it quits. But when we get back home in Nashville, we will actually have a face-to-face talk and see where things stand, for real.

I got up off the couch that I was sitting on and decided to actually go to bed and sleep, or at least attempt to, anyways.

**

Shake, shake, shake! That's all I could feel. Come to find out, my photographer and videographer, Brayln was shaking the hell out of my arm. I'm assuming we had arrived in Nashville.

I climbed out of my bunk and rubbed both of my eyes, the feeling of dried up makeup was present. I wiped the foundation that somehow bled onto my hand and fingertips on my pant leg. I groaned quietly and made up my bunk so that it would be nice and tidy the next time we were set to travel. Which wouldn't be until the nineteenth of March.

"How's everything? I saw where Michael deleted both his highlight of you on his Instagram, and all the posts that had anything to do with you. Do you need to talk about anything at all, Ash?" She asked, handing me a hair tie from her wrist so I could pull back my messy, blonde locks. 

I took the purple hair tie and after listening to the information she had just told me, I was stunned. That was very quick, I didn't think he'd give up that easily. I guess now I know who he really wants, and it definitely isn't me. But oh well, it's whatever, right?

"Oh," I stated plainly. "He called me last night and was saying how he loved me and he swore he'd change his ways. That, and he was being a douchebag all because I have a friend that's a dude. Which is Jon, and I know he knows his boundaries. Michael gets scared, worried, insecure, you name it, I get that, but at the end of the day, he's the one picking some girl he's only met a handful of times over his own girlfriend, which is or was me, and that really sucks."

Brayln shook her head and she swooped me up in her arms and gave me a big bear hug, similar to the ones Jon gives me. Speaking of him, I sure do miss him. I hope he and his crew made it to Nashville safely. I probably should text or call him to touch base with him.

I pulled away and glanced into Bray's eyes as I spoke, "Hey, I don't want to ruin our hug or anything like that, but I need to make an important phone call. I'll be back in here in a bit." Brayln nodded her head as I headed out of the door of the bus.

I rapidly pressed the call button and waited for Jon to pick up and answer his phone. Sheesh, I hope he's awake at least. Knowing him, he can sleep, hell he probably could sleep the whole day away if he could. But that's okay, I'd do the same, I really would.

I waited until I heard the sound it makes when someone answers a phone call. I grinned big and took a seat on the steps that led to the door of the bus. I played with a strand of hair that fell out of my messy bun.

The sound of his southern accent on the other end of the phone made me feel safe, warm and fuzzy inside. These last few tour dates have been some of the hardest days and nights of my life. It takes everything out of me to not wrap him up and kiss him until I can prove it to him that I love him.

"Hello, Ashy cash! Are you there?" He asked quite loudly to grab my attention.

I cringed and laughed it off awkwardly, "Yeah, J. I just wanted to call you and make sure everything was smooth sailing over on your end. You don't mind if we hang out tonight? I was thinkin' we could head to The Tin Roof. I know that's your favorite place on Broadway," I was hoping he could imagine the undeniable smirk that I had plastered across my face.

"Did I hear The Tin Roof get mentioned? I'm game! I'll buy the drinks," Jon agreed to my plan. Yes! I knew he would accept the offer!

"Okay, I'll see you at about seven-ish. I'll talk to you later, Lang Bang," I grinned as we wrapped up our phone call.

**

I finally got back to my house and it was two in the afternoon. That meant I probably needed to shower, get my best outfit, do my hair, and my makeup. I'm so excited to hang with Jon tonight at The Tin Roof. I've been there a couple times, but I know Jon's absolutely obsessed with that place. But if it makes him happy, then that's all that matters. 

I swiveled the hot and cold nozzles until it got to the temperature that I wanted it to be for my shower. That, and taking a shower definitely gets my mind off of things. After the water had gotten perfect, I stripped off all my articles of clothing, one by one.

I looked down at my side and saw my Bible verse tattoo. I had gotten it because it was and is my favorite verse. Jeremiah 29:11. That's another reason as to why Jon and I are so close. We both have believing in God in common. Though, Jon does beat me with the amount of verse tattoos though. He has like two or three. I can't t-totally remember. My brain sure is fried after this whole tour.

I stepped into my shower and shut the sliding door of it, and stood under the head of the shower, letting all the water droplets fall onto my sun-kissed skin. The good thing about this tour besides seeing Jon kill it, and Hardy, even if we aren't on the best of terms, is getting some sun. Therefore, I can get a tan for free and not do a spray tan because that can be expensive and sometimes it doesn't even end up looking good at all, so what's the point of spending unnecessary money on something that'll make me look a little too orange? And looking orange and ridiculous isn't in style anymore. Maybe back in the early 2000s, but not now, that's for damn sure.

Right before I had jumped into the shower, I put on my shower playlist, as I like to call it and it started playing "Best Days Of Your Life" by Kellie Pickler. I belted the hell out of that song because it really does describe how I am feeling and how I feel towards Michael and Caleigh. Just thinking of that girl sends shivers down my spine..

The only thought that crosses my mind is.. What does she look like? How does she act? Is she nicer than me? Is she prettier than me? Thinner than me? Taller than me? Shorter than me? What on Earth could she have that I don't? Love is so damn hard. And I still have to talk face-to-face with Michael sometime or another so I know what we are and to have it set in stone.

I finished up my shower and turned off the water. I grabbed two towels that were on a rack and wrapped one around my body, and the other in my hair. I wanted to have my hair drying as soon and quick as possible. I probably should get my hair cut here soon, it does take a while to blow-dry, straighten, or curl my hair because it's gotten so long.

Once it was dried enough, I curled the ends of my hair just perfectly. I personally am not the biggest fan of having my whole head curled or having a lot of curls in my hair, doing it at just the ends is simple, cute, and nice.

For my makeup, I just stayed subtle and very easy. I applied a delicate layer of foundation and concealer. After doing all that, I set on some lipstick, my favorite shade of them all; "Sweater Weather" by Kylie Jenner. For my eyeshadow, I just used the same colors Jon used on me the other night. Instantly after I finished my whole face, I topped it all off with some setting spray just so it wouldn't smudge or smear anywhere. 

For an outfit, I went with something that was casual. A bright yellow top, pair of light blue jeans, a coat since it could get chilly outside, and I paired it with a turquoise and gold necklace. I checked me and my reflection out in the mirror that's in the bathroom and decided so that I looked good enough for the evening. I am so excited to hang with Jon. The last time we really hung out was the time when he had did my makeup, which that's been a while, surprisingly.

{{her outfit ^}}

After I got finished with getting ready for the night Jon and I were going to have at the bar, I chose to text him to remind him, and to see what he was up to.

Ashland🤪🥰:

hi, bubs. I wanted to come and touch base with you once more.
Are we still on for tonight?
The thing about going to
The Tin Roof?

Jon🤠🌟:

Umm HELL YEAH!!
Let's fucking go! I am
so damn pumped
and excited! Are u ready?

Ashland🤪🥰:

you know I'm over the
moon excited about this!
Ready as in, I have my hair,
makeup, and outfit picked out.
Just waiting on the time.

Waiting is so hard, especially
when you're really looking forward to something exciting
like this! I miss you so much,
J man. More than you know. ❤️

Jon🤠🌟:

😂 you're telling me
and I'm the one who's ansty
about all of this!! Hey, do you
mind if I send a picture to see
if what I'm wearing looks good
enough for this evening?

I had told him that I was okay with him sending a picture. After roughly twenty minutes of impatient waiting, I felt my phone vibrate on my lap as I had rested it there. It was a photo message. To be absolutely honest, I was super scared to open it up. I don't know why. Maybe I was nervous that I wasn't dressed up enough. Oh man, this man has me feeling things I have never once felt in my whole life.

Hardy's POV:

Ashland really said that she was done. She was done with being a second choice and whatever else bullshit she had to say to me early this morning. Hell, she was so petty, she sent me a Taylor Swift song. How low could she possibly go? Leave me and hop into my best buddy, Jon's bed? Oh fuck no, I am not letting that happen, under any circumstance, at all!

She can ignore me, give me the silent treatment and cold shoulder all she wants, but she needs to know we're technically still together. Unless we say it in person that we are through, we're still together. That's how it works. I don't think she understands that, ugh, women can be so difficult!

I texted Jon since I knew him and Ash were very, very close. I thought I'd get some kind of scoop on what in the hell is going on with the three of us. I need to know if we're even able to carry on with the tour because the awkwardness is absolutely killing me, without a doubt.

Hardy🥃🤓:

Hey, Jon, how are you doing, mane? I have a few questions
and I need answers as
soon as possible.
If ya don't mind, and if
you're not busy
with housework or
anything along those lines. 🤟🏻

I waited not even a minute later and he replied back. It seemed like he was mad at me or something along those lines.. I hope he isn't hating me because of my actions. He should be happy that I'm happy.. Right?

Jon🤠🌟:

Howdy howdy, Hardz.
Questions, you say? Ehh
I'm really busy, and I do have
plans to go out tonight. How
about we just talk and everything
tomorrow? If you don't mind.

Not trying to be rude or ugly
I'm just wanting to take a load
off. I'm not really down to do
much of anything except have a
few beers, drinks, whatever.
I hope ya understand, buddy.

Ugh! I hope he isn't avoiding me because of mine and Caleigh's long distance relationship. I don't know why he'd be avoiding me though.. Me and him have been the best of buds for a long time. Not as long as him and Ash have been, but still. I hope he has fun with whatever "plans" he has.

I sighed and threw my iPhone on the couch and laid back to hopefully get all of my thoughts together and everything. Maybe I should try to let things work out with me and Ashland? I mean, I love Ash, but I also do love Caleigh.. Hmm, this is a very difficult process and time. I guess I'll just let time take its course.

Not even going to lie, it was getting really lonely. It's hard not being able to contact Ashland because she blocked my number, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. I made her feel like a piece of trash, I understand I did and am fucking up everything good I had going for me just for one girl that lives miles and miles away.

I could've called Jon, but he seemed tense and everything else, so I didn't want to bother him with my dumbass. And I can't call, text or FaceTime Caleigh because she's busy with studying in college or something along those lines. Oh well, I guess I can finally binge watch all the "Fast and Furious" movies that I haven't been able to, as I have been very busy with the road life, studio life, and everything else in between.

~ haha, okay, so i want to say, i love how ash just straight up, no second thought about it, sends hardy the taylor swift song and is done with him... but as it got mentioned in hardy's pov, they need to actually talk face-to-face and see where their relationship really does stand instead of breaking up over text. that wouldn't make for too good of a story, now would it? 😝

~ sorry that this chapter was shorter than the others. the next chapter though, Jon and Ashland are going to be going to the tin roof (which is a popular bar and spot in Nashville, on broadway. google it if you don't know where or what it is!). i hope you guys are ready for chapter nine (holy cow, chap 9 already!?)

~ also i know hardy isn't a good guy in my book but look at this picture Jon posted of himself and Hardy. 🥺🥺🥺 this was posted on august 30th, 2021. so yeah, just thought i'd let you guys know that piece of info. 😛

~ anyways, that's all from me. i'll see you all in the next chapter. bye guys!! ❤️

~ if you guys enjoyed this chapter, lemme know, vote, comment and add this story to your library. thank you in advance!! 🤍💕

⌦ ⌦ ⌦ Next chapter loading.. ⌫ ⌫ ⌫

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.5K 1.7K 31
- book two of wisteria hearts - Taylor Swift has sold out 60 concerts for her Lover world tour. It's been a long year and she's about to start anothe...
2.2K 289 29
Dana just moved from a small town in Australia to Nashville, Tennessee and got a job at a radio station thanks to a girl that she become friends with...
17.6K 907 25
❛ we were too close to the stars, i never knew somebody like you, somebody. falling just as hard, i'd rather lose somebody than use somebody. ❜ ꒰ 📼...
11.6K 423 26
Wednesday has just departed with his long time girlfriend. He's devastated. Winter has become a loner in the big city of Los Angeles. She longs for f...