Not That Perfect | JJ Maybank

By thepoguesxoxo

It wasn't just her parents that died that night ,in a way she did too. But they brought her back to life and... More

Introduction
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FOURTY
FOURTY ONE
FOURTY TWO
FOURTY THREE
FOURTY THREE
FOURTY FOUR
FOURTY FIVE
FOURTY SIX
FOURTY SEVEN
FOURTY EIGHT
FOURTY NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY ONE
FIFTY TWO
FIFTY THREE
FIFTY FOUR
FIFTY FIVE
FIFTY SIX
FIFTY SEVEN
FIFTY EIGHT
FIFTY NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY ONE

TWENTY EIGHT

2.5K 38 4
By thepoguesxoxo

Fish on

"Alright, so think about it Pope. How does a marina rat get a Grady-White?" John B questions . The five of us are now all at the dock fishing. I sit on the ledge beside JJ. We're the furthest away from the others.

I'm tied between the side of giving the money to Lana or keeping the money for ourselves.

Pope takes a deep breath, running his tongue over his bottom lip thinking. "Prostitution".

"Square groupers bro. Okay, flying under the radar, no aerial surveillance. They don't do that stuff during a hurricane. What does that mean? John B questions "JJ?" John B points to his best friend.

"They were straight smuggling." JJ answer with a small shrug as if it was obvious.

I jump down off the ledge and turn to face JJ leaning my head on his shoulder as he rests his head on top of mine placing a light kiss on my head.

"Smuggling. And I guarantee there's a serious amount of contraband in that wreck." John B announces confidently.

"Hell yeah!" JJ says as I see he's caught a fish. "Fish on!"

After a while of fishing, talking about the possible things we could potentially find on that boat. After lots of talking we decide to walk back to the Chateau. By walk I mean JJ gives me a piggyback.

We go into John Bs' room and JJ throws me off his back on to the bed with a laugh. Pope sits down next to me.

JJ makes himself comfortable on the window sill in front of me as so does John B on the window sill to my right. Kiara sits in a small chair that's places at the foot of the bed.

"For the record, if that is a smuggling ship with illegal contraband on the inside of it, it probably belongs to someone else." Pope points out taking the money from my back pocket.

"Minor details" me and Kiara say at the same time as Kie rests her feet onto the end of the bed.

"They could come looking for it. Taking it would be catastrophically stupid" Pope says and I take the money back from Pope.

"Are you calling me stupid?" I ask Pope raising my eye brows at him.

"What no I'm-" Pope starts but our attention switches to JJ who takes the money from my hands and making a fan out of it.

"Stupid things have good outcomes all the time" JJ smirks sending me a wink making me smile.

"All we need to do is figure out a way to get into the cargo hold of that wreck. Until then we just lay low. Just act normal" JJ says leaning back against the window.

"Right, and how exactly do we do that?" Pope sighs bringing his knees slightly towards his chest.

"Kegger" Kiara suggests and we all instantly agree.

I hear my phone ringing from the couch where I threw it when we came in. "I'll be back" I excuse myself making my way to the small living room. I pick my phone up to see it being illuminated by Sarah Cameron's name.

I answer the call walking onto the porch and sitting down on the sofa. "Hi Sarah" I say through the phone.

"Jess hey umm do you know if your moving in or not yet cause well I'm just curious" Sarah laughs.

"I don't know Sarah moving would take a lot of time and I'm not really up for that right now" I sigh leaning back on the couch.

"Look if you just like send me a photo from Pinterest we can work with that and it'll be ready in no time" Sarah suggest.

Sarah seems like a lovely girl but the rest of her family not so much well besides her little sister Whezzie I think that's her name.

"Okay yeah sure I'll do that" I say with a smile even though she can't see it.

"Okay great well I'll talk to you soon" I can practically hear the excitement in her voice which makes me smile.

"Okay Sarah, bye" I laugh.

"Bye Jess" she says and we end the call.

"I'm sorry when were we going to find out about you moving?" I hear JJ's voice ask making me jump as I thought they were all inside. I turn and see all eyes on me some look sad but JJ looks angry.

"I'm not going to actually live there" I defend myself standing up crossing my arms.

"Wait live where?" John B ask walking onto the porch he must not have heard the conversation between me and Sarah well just me I don't think they heard Sarah.

"Nowhere" I say throwing my phone on the couch.

"She's gonna live with the Cameron's" JJ says looking at me with almost a murderous look in his eye.

"I didn't say that I was actually going to live there " I say walking pass them into the Chateau grabbing all my stuff.

I through everything in my backpack grabbing out my lighter and a pack of cigarettes before walking out grabbing my phone on the way.

My phone rings again but this time it's Rafe that's ringing me I furrow my eyebrows and stop dead in my track to see if I read the name right. I don't remember getting his number, when did this happen?

I answer the call bring my phone to my ear "Rafe?" I question if it's actually him.

"Hey Jess I can call you Jess right?" He asks

"Well as it's my name it would be suitable" I say jumping in my Jeep and linking my phone up to the car so now the boys voice is blasting through my car. As I drive to figure eight.

"Yeah" he laughs "anyway I know you have to choice to move here and everything, I think you should" that's surprising considering how he acted when he found out about it.

"You didn't seem to feel that way at dinner" I say as I turn the comer to my street.

"That's true but I-I think you should" Rafe doesn't seem like the person to act this way there must be a reason the Pogue's hate him so much, why isn't he treating me like he'd treat them? I guess technically I'm a kook I mean I am currently driving a Jeep for god sake.

"I'll think about it Rafe" I roll my eyes we say goodbye and I jump out of the car and punch the numbers of my birthday into the small keypad.

I drive through the gates and it closes a little while after I turn my car off grabbing my stuff and jumping out.

I walk up to the large door and use the key under the plant pot to get inside. I put the key on top of the shoe cabinet and kick my shoes of before walking into the kitchen. I look in the fridge that is stocked full by the Cameron's I don't even know how they got in, did Lucy give them a key?

I close the fridge door, put my bag on the kitchen island and grab my phone from my back pocket and call Kiara I feel bad for just ditching them.

"Hi Jess" Kiara sighs down the phone.

"Hi Kie I just wanted to say I'm sorry for storming out like that. It's just I've got a lot of shit right now and I'm probably not even going to live with them" I rambled.

"Why don't you just talk to your Aunt about it?" She suggests Kiara has no idea she's left none of them do.

"Kiara I umm, can you put JJ on?" I ask sitting on a stool that's around the island.

"Oh yeah sure" She sighs and I can hear the boys faintly in the background.

"JJ it's Jess" Kiara says I can hear the boy talking but I can't quite make out the words.

"He says he doesn't want to talk" Kiara tells me.

"Tell him it's my Aunt" I sigh pushing my hair behind my ear.

"Jess what's up?" I hear JJ ask his voice full of concern I can hear the Chateau door close meaning he's on the porch.

"My Aunt she's gone to rehab" I say picking up my bag on going up to my room.

"I'm coming over" Is the last thing he says before ending the phone most likely going to give it to Kie.

Around two minuets pass of me looking at the ceiling and I hear a knock at the door. No way has he got here in that time. I put my phone in my back pocket and walk down stairs to the door.

I open the door and the person goes to knock again but their hand lands on my shoulder. Our eyes meet "Rafe?"I question looking into his eyes.

"Hi Jess" he says shyly putting his hands in his pockets. Why is he being like this? He doesn't seem like the type of person to act this way. To call out of the blue and to show up my house unannounced like this.

"My dad wanted me to come and check if the cupboards and the fridge is still full" he smiles.

"Yeah still stocked I don't eat that much you know" I say leaning against the door frame with a smile.

"Anyways just let us know if you need anything" Rafe tells me before walking off crossing paths with JJ.

JJ!

JJ reaches the door with a slightly annoyed look on his face I step into the house and he follows me inside closing the door behind him.

I walk into the living room sitting down on the couch. "You got anymore of the Cameron family hiding in here?" He questions sitting next to me.

"JJ he was just here to check if I had enough food" I say moving slightly closer to the boy. He looks confused as to why he would need to know about the amount of food I have.

"I'll explain. So basically you know the time I went to theirs for dinner?" I ask getting a nod from the blonde. "Before I went to the Cameron's I saw this letter on the counter and it was from Lucy. She said that she's gone off to rehab and that the Cameron's will take care of me. When I went over for dinner I told them I'd think about it but they said that if I don't want to move I don't have to." I explain letting out a large breath I didn't know I was holding in.

"If you have the option to not go why did you say you'd think about it?" He asks.

I don't want to tell him I want to live with them because well I don't but this house is so empty with just me in and I'm sure the rest of the Pogues wouldn't mind filling the rooms. But the Chateau is John Bs' dads place and I know he wouldn't want to give that up. I've heard them talk about his dad a bit I don't think they know I know about it.

"This is house is just....empty and dark. I would go to John Bs' if I could or I'd let all you guys live here. But you see going to live at the Chateau would probably put stress onto John B and I don't want that. Then asking all of you to live here is selfish just because I can't be by myself" I ramble laying my head on the boys shoulder.

"I could stay with you" JJ suggests.

"Then John B would be alone" I point out.

"Pope and Kie stay there all the time he wont be alone" JJ says wrapping his arm around my shoulders. I rest my head in the crock of his neck taking in his sent of weed and a hint of mint. "Okay" I smile using one hand to pull a blanket over the two of us.

"Yeah?" He questions if I'm being serious or not.

"Yeah JJ I'd love that but only if you want to" I don't want him to feel like he has to do anything because if he doesn't want to live here I'd more than likely be living at the Cameron's.

"Since I suggested it I think I'm cool with the idea" he says looking down at me with a warm smile on his face which brings one to mine.

"Oh shit, we've gotta get ready we have the kegger" I realize jumping up from my spot on the couch. JJ holds his arms out indicating he wants me to help him up I take his hands pulling him off the couch.

"I'm going to head to John B's and pack a bag of clothes to bring here after the kegger" JJ says walking to the door I follow him opening the large door for him. "Ok yeah I'll see you in a bit then" I smile as he walks passed me saying goodbye and jumps over the gate walking back to the Chateau.

Me and JJ living together now that is either going to be a nightmare or the best decision I've ever made.

A/N

Hi there so this is kind of rushed as you can probably tell. I've started a new book called 'Savannah' please go read it and tell me what you think.

I don't know if any of you have seen The Maze Runner movies but I'm thinking of starting a new book based on Maze Runner, would you read it?

As always comment ideas because I'll probably use them and vote if you want more :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

255K 6.1K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
319K 20.4K 84
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
663K 31.6K 55
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...