My Beloved Fake Wife -Nalu AU

By _thefairytailnalu_

Famous actor, Natsu Dragneel, hosts auditions. But for what actually? He needs a fake wife to come with him o... More

Chapter 1 You're Hired
Chapter 2 Meet the Family
Chapter 3 First Kissu
Chapter 4 Sightseeing
Chapter 5 The Bachelors
Chapter 6 The Bachelorettes
Chapter 7 First Time
Chapter 8 Damsel in Distress
Chapter 10 Farewell Contract
Chapter 11 Farewell Lucy
Chapter 12 Movies and Popcorn (REVISED)
Chapter 13 Acting Gig
Chapter 14 Guest Star
Chapter 15 Layla's Funeral
Chapter 16 Drunk Lucy
Chapter 17 Meet the Celebs
Chapter 18 Going Separate Ways
Chapter 19 Shoobeedobop Premiere
Chapter 20 Heartbreak
Chapter 21 Igneel and Natsu
Chapter 22 Lonely Lucy
Chapter 23 Do Over
Chapter 24 Mischief
Chapter 25 Paparazzi Buzz
Chapter 26 Couture
Chapter 27 Lucy's Premiere
Chapter 28 Le Afterparty
Chapter 29 Meet the Heartfilias
Chapter 30 Friendship Anniversary
Chapter 31 Natsu's Premiere
Chapter 32 Sunset
Chapter 33 Runaway Duo
Chapter 34 Happy Daddy and Gus's Girl
Chapter 35 Couple Wars
Chapter 36 First Day of Filming
Chapter 37 ILWAD Premiere
Chapter 38 Off to Paris
Chapter 39 Rolling Through Paris
Chapter 40 Magnolia Movie Awards
Chapter 41 Preparations, Bridal Shower, and Kittens
Chapter 42 Wedding Bells and Honeymoon
Epilogue

Chapter 9 Say Yes to the Dress

13.5K 431 296
By _thefairytailnalu_

(Lucy's POV)
It's been officially a week since I agreed with Natsu's contract. The wedding is tomorrow, and I have nothing to wear. And no, I'm not one of the bridesmaids, if you're wondering.

"Natsu....I really don't want you to spend money on me..." I protested. Natsu and I were standing outside a boutique that sold most of the finest and expensive dresses.

"Of course I'm sure! I never let you packed anything before we came here. That was very rude of me, wasn't it?"

I nodded,"But...I don't want to sound like a gold digger or something..." I avoided eye contact.

"I know you'll never be one, but consider this as a gift. A gift for being with me these past few days." Well...a gift is a gift...

"Okay, but I'll return it after the wedding."

Natsu opened the door for me, and we entered. Woah, there were a few people buying dresses already, well it is wedding season.

"You see that Lucy? It says, no refunds," Natsu smiled as he pointed at the tags. Why are dresses these days not refundable? That's really unfair in my opinion.

"You win this time," I shot a glare, and an employee came to greet us.

"Can I help you today?" A kind-looking man smiled as he stood up straight.

"No thank you, we'll help ourselves today," Natsu smiled back as he leaded me deeper into the store.

"I don't know where to start, to be honest," I gazed at all the colorful, beautiful, long and short dresses. It's like picking what food to eat first!

"Let me help you then," Natsu took my hand and went through an isle, picking out dresses from the racks. My eyes widened at how many dresses he choose.

"Woah, that'll take all day to try on!"

"Then there isn't time to waste!" Natsu pushed me into the dressing room along with all the dresses. Pushy...

(Natsu's POV)
I sat down on a chair near the changing stall, while there were a bunch of mirrors in front of me. I stared at myself through all the mirrors, still smoking hot.

"There's so much ruffles here!" Lucy complained inside the changing stall.

"If you take too long I'll come in there!" I smirked.

"N-No thank you!" Lucy replied louder. I laughed a little, relaxing on the comfy chair.
The door to the changing stall opened, along with my beautiful Lucy, dressed in one of the finest red dresses. It was like a ball gown, the strapless top had a rose on her right breast, whilst a red ribbon wrapped around her waist, with all the ruffles draping down that ribbon. My eyes widened, staring at her head to toe.

"This makes me look better than the bride..." Lucy commented as she looked at herself in the mirrors, giving a few twirls.

"Obviously better," I smiled a little,"But you should try on the other ones."

"O-okay," Lucy blushed as she went inside the changing stall.

"Can you try on the big white one next?" I said as I covered my mouth with my hand, hiding my big smirk and my red cheeks. She looked like a princess in that dress. Maybe even an angel... But damn, she's go gorgeous.

"Yeah...but why did you pick this one? I look more like a bride than a guest." I heard Lucy placing it on.

"I just wanted to see what it would look like on you."

"..Oh.... Do I put on the veil too?"

"Yeah."

"Why won't you try on a tux too? Just to make it even." I can hear Lucy's excitement in her voice. She wants to check me out in a nice tux. Heh...

I changed out of my casual clothes and into a groom-like tuxedo. Walking back to Lucy's changing stall in my smoking hot look, my eyes quickly laid on Lucy.

She was wearing a white gown. Her sleeves were made of lace, connecting with the solid white, strapless bodice. The laced veil over her head looked flawless on her. I felt like my jaw dropped down onto the floor.

"Hey, close your mouth or you're going to catch flies," Lucy giggled as she walked toward me,"And you tied the tie on wrong." She fixed my black tie, as my gaze on Lucy never broke. I watched her perfectly re-tie it on.

"How do you know how to tie ties?"

"I've always done my father's ties," Lucy replied, looking up at me.

"Oh.. Anyways that veil looks great on you," I smiled as I took the front part that covered her face, and flipped it over.

Lucy smiled,"Thank you. You don't look bad yourself."

My smile creased more by just that compliment,"Thanks...I can't believe you said that." I touched my chest, as if my heart was burning.

"Don't you get complimented by everyone?" she raised a brow, the crease from her smile was still there.

"I do, but it makes my heart warm when it comes from you," I smirked. I see her starting to blush, and she choose to stay silent. "Hey," I blurted, trying not to make any awkward silences,"You know how to slow dance?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I don't know how to..."

"Seriously? Even after Water and Ice, you don't know how to slow dance?"

Right, in the epilogue of Water and Ice, that had an afterparty of Gray & Juvia's wedding, there was slow dancing in it.

"Eh...I wasn't in that scene," I awkwardly laughed, telling the truth. Lucy sighed, and took my hands,"Just follow my lead."
Wow, that was easy for making her dance with me! Hehe...

I glanced at the mirror, watching the two of us holding hands and gently swaying back and forth. We really look like a groom and bride. I wish I had Lucy as my real wife. And a real ceremony- What the hell am I thinking? There was a contract that said in exact,'YOU MAY NOT FALL IN LOVE WITH NATSU DRAGNEEL, AND NATSU DRAGNEEL MAY NOT FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU. THIS IS JUST AN ACT.' My train of thought interrupted when Lucy's "Kyaa" echoed in my eardrums. (Her kyas are really cute, just saying.) I looked, she tripped on the long dress and her face landed on my chest.

I laughed a little,"You're so clumsy." She looked up, all embarrassed. My eyes widened at how her lips now looked really......how can I say this? Kissable? Is that a good word? I don't know what's going on with me, but I started to lean forward, closing my eyes.

I felt her warmness against my lips as she allowed me to feel them with my lips. It felt like as if I'm the wood in a fireplace, and she's the fire. Pulling away, which the kiss only lasted 5 seconds, I opened my eyes. Lucy looked away, being her stubborn self as usual.

"You should go try on those other dresses," I smiled as if nothing just happened. She nodded, and went back inside the changing stall. I sighed, smiling after she shut the door.
~~~~~~~~~
I changed back into my casual outfit, relaxed back on the chair and started judging Lucy on the outfits she was wearing.
~
"That green dress is too high....and showing so much cleav- skin. It makes you look like you're single and desperate for attention."
~
"Hmm...orange is good on you...but the way it's designed makes you look like an old lady."
~
"Woah...as much as I love how smoking hot that purple tube-dress looks on you, other men would go all googly-eyes for you. I can't allow that."
~
After all the judgmental statements I blurted out, Lucy came out in a turquoise gown, with a few ruffles at the bottom of the dress.

"That....that's.....perfect." I gazed as Lucy gave a little twirl, the fabric swayed in a circle along with her body.

"I love it too," Lucy looked at herself in the mirror. I looked at the turquoise bodice, one draped, long strap was on top of her right shoulder. I walked behind her, holding a shoe box, smirking at how perfect my Lucy is.

"I've been waiting for you to try that on," I showed her the shoe box,"Here's the matching silver heels."

She opened them, and gasped,"They're beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you," I commented. She smiled, but didn't reply. "Oh, let me put them on for you," I walked towards the chair I was sitting on, and patted the seat,"Sit here, milady."

Lucy laughed as she walked towards me,"Milady?"

I laughed a little,"I'm trying to act fancy."

Lucy sat down,"Okay, Prince Charming." I smiled a little as I kneeled in front of her, slipping on the silver heels on her feet like Prince Charming did with Cinderella.

I looked up at Lucy as I finished slipping on the other heel on her foot,"Looks amazing on you.
You just need a little something something."

"Accessories?"

"Yup, you read my mind." I got up, and took Lucy outside the changing area, and back to the store.
-
(Lucy's POV)
"This jade necklace would look best," Natsu showed me a beautiful necklace made out of jade.

"But Natsu...the pric-"

"Shh...." Natsu smiled as he placed a finger over my mouth to shush me,"The prices don't matter." Errrr.....

"Matching jade earrings and bracelet go really well," Natsu showed me more and more jewelry. I nodded as I looked around the store with my eyes. People were starting to stare at me and Natsu.

"Urrmmm....Natsu. We should get back now. I feel weird standing in public like this.."

"Ah, I see," Natsu then lifted me up into his arms.

"Woah! N-natsu! Put me down!" He's carrying me like a bride!
~~~~~~
We finally got out of the shop, dressed in what we wore before when we left to hotel. I felt a little uneasy inside, as I was guilty for spending his money like that.

"Natsu, I-"

"Lucy, we can discuss it after my Uncle's wedding."

"Okay..."

"But for now, be happy, okay?" He turned to me with a smile on his face,"I don't like that face you make when you're down, even if it's cute."

"Eh?" My eyes widened, my cheeks started to create heat, did he just call me cute?

"Heh..." Natsu smirked a little and turned his face forward and covered his face from my vision. Is he blushing? But...why? I shook that thought out of my head and kept walking.

Natsu is now a fashionista, it seems. But Uncle Ayato's wedding is tomorrow! How will it go? What moments between Natsu and Lucy occur? Find out in the next chapter of My Beloved Fake Wife!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 82.5K 50
AU/OOC Natsu Dragneel is the well-known playboy of Fairy Tail High. But will his demeanor change when the new transfer with good intentions, Lucy Hea...
53.4K 2K 22
Natsu smirks as he captures his lips in hers again. "Mon amour," He Says. "What does that mean?" Questions Lucy. "My lover," ************ Lucy play...
202K 5.3K 36
(WARNING⚠️: I was so young when I wrote this! I was also rather new to Wattpad, but I enjoyed reading, so I had decided to make my own story. I have...
42.3K 1.2K 32
Lucy Heartfilia was skinny when she started dating Sting, but after she had a baby he started to abuse her that she started to gain weight. He would...