Before They Were Bulletproof...

By Gasai-

Before they were bulletproof they were just youths trying to make their way through to debut. Jia, that's you... More

Introduction// Disclaimer
Intro: Moving into your new place
1. Humble Beginnings
2. Charismatic
3. Library
4. Studio
5. BBQ
6. Night Market Confessions
7. Picnic Writing
8. Karaoke
9. Convini Confessions
10. Can You Rap?
11. Street Dance
12. Snug Nights In
13. Did I Cross The Line?
14. Ice Cream
15: Just A Night Of Dance
16. Don't Judge Me
18. It Hurts My Feelings
19. Lullaby
20. Champagne Call
21. Flustered
22. You'd Be The Sweetest Boyfriend
23. Small World
24. Reflection
25. Chaos
26. It's Done. I'm Done
27. Please, Don't Leave
28. Reluctant
29. Writing Our Own Story
30. Tingles
31. Promise
32. Smutty Christmas Sope
33. Plum Blossoms
34. What are you looking for?
35. Cold
36. Dealer
37. Haze
38. Memories
39. Past Midnight
40. Criminal History
41. The Waltz
42. Reckless
43. 24K Gold
44. No More Dream
45. Countdown
46. Debut
47. Contract
48. Mutually Beneficial
49. Disbelief
50. Coincidence
51. Orientation
52. Hide And Seek
53. Sunday's aren't fun days
54. Onigiri
55. Pretty As A Petal
56. Downpour
57. Three's a charm
58. On Repeat
59. Cold Blooded
60. Hands Of Time
61. Living A Lie
62. Leave it to me
63. Doll
64. Perfect
65. War Of The Heart
66. Always With Me
67. Don't forget
Epilogue

17. Worries

357 19 0
By Gasai-

Monday

I woke up feeling a bit hazy and soon realised I was fully dressed. Everything that happened last night rushed to my mind and it made me want to slap myself in the face. I can't believe Yoongi had nearly run me over, found out I was a hostess and then dragged my drunk ass home. Wow, that's so embarrassing...

I quickly got up, had a shower, went for a quick run, had breakfast and then got ready for class. Way too many things to do on a Monday morning. Life seemed a bit more placid until recently for some reason. Anyway, I should probably let Yoongi know I'm alive. He did seem genuinely worried so I sent him a quick text before I left the house.

The day was relatively sunny. I stopped at a café to get a double shot coffee on the way to class to try and nullify the small remnants of my hangover. I still had my coffee in hand as I walked up the classroom isle towards Tae. His expression was sombre and the air surrounding him was thick.

"Tae Tae, everything okay?" I asked as I plopped down in the seat beside him.

"Heeey, yeah.. I'm okay" he replied, mustering up a forced smile. I dropped my bag down before turning my full attention to him. It was obvious that something was up and I wasn't going to let him pretend like there wasn't.

"Tae.. Talk to me.. Where's Jimin.." I questioned. It'd momentarily dawned on me that he wasn't here. Tae bit at the inside of his cheek anxiously at the mention of his name. "Jimin was feeling sick today so he isn't coming." He hesitated as he explained. Why did I get the feeling there was more to it?

"You don't seem convinced, what's going on? It's okay, you can tell me" I lightly latched on to the sleeve of his arm and started playing absentmindedly with the soft material as I waited for a response.

"Jimin has been pushing himself a lot lately. And now he said he's sick, I'm worried about him. I don't know what I can do to help him either." It started to make sense. Tae was worried about his bestie and rightfully so..

"Tae, I'm gonna text Jimin and go check on him after class". If it made Tae this uneasy then I wanted to try and do something. Even if it ended with me not being able to do much I still needed to try. They were both dear to me, it hurt to see Tae like this.

"Okay, if you need I can give you our apartment address and you can go visit him. I have class after this so I can't go with you but no one will be home so it should be fine" Tae offered. A light at the end of the tunnel seemed to lift his mood.

The professor arrived and class started. Tae and I couldn't talk much until the lecture had finished but when it did he texted me the address to their place. He wanted me to update him later so I told him I'd text him after. I hoped I'd been able to relieve him of some of his worry for now.

I went home straight away and started to make a cute lunch box that I could take to Jimin. If he was sick, some nutrients might help him recover his strength. After I packed it up I checked the address Tae had given me and I set off to find Jimin. I sent a courtesy text to let him know I was on the way but there was no reply.

I'd walked 15 minutes, and with every corner I turned a more run-down part of the city emerged. There were mostly older buildings in the area, it was grungy. But, I kept going until I reached my destination. It matched the rest of the buildings and looked like it had seen better days.

I stepped on to the stoop then reached for the doorbell. A few seconds passed. No response. That's weird. Maybe Jimin had fallen asleep..

As though on cue I received a text. It was from Jimin.

Jia: Heey, I heard you weren't feeling well. I'm on my way to your place now! I have some food for you 💕

Jimin: Jia, really? You don't need to! Where are you now?

Jia: I'm here already, where are you?
Jimin: Actually, I'm not home. 😅
Jia: Oh, where are you then? Are you okay??
Jimin: I'm okay! I'm at my agency..
Jia: Oh.. okay..
Jimin: Did you really bring me food...? 😥
Jia: Yea~ It looks really yummy..
Jimin: My agency isn't far from mine, did you wanna come here maybe?
Jia: Yeah okie, send me the addy
Jimin: Okie, let me know when you're here 💕
Jia: Okie see you soon~

I waited for the address then headed straight to his agency. As I walked there I couldn't help but feel like something was really off. If he wasn't feeling well then why was he there? It just didn't make sense, not to mention how worried Tae had been earlier. It gave me an unsettling feeling. This must've been how Tae felt.

I texted Jimin as I got closer to the building. It was only around the corner but, it felt like I was worlds away. In a ghost town where the wind blew and there wasn't a soul in sight. Abandoned and unkempt. Was this even possible?

I sat down on a bench out the front and waited for Jimin. A few seconds later he popped out of a side door that looked like it led to some sort of hidden basement.

"Jia~ I'm so sorry to make you come all the way here" Jimin jogged up to me, he was out of breath. He gave a small bow of apology before standing up again and attempted to push the sweaty tangles of his hair back with his hand.

"No don't be sorry, I was just worried because Tae said you were sick" I explained as I quickly stood up and waved off his apology. "But.." I wanted to be cautious. Jimin's expression shifted slightly.

"Jimin. If you're sick then why are you here.. and.. Why are you sweaty?" I slowly glanced up.

"I.. " Jimin gave a struggled sigh before crossing his arms and rubbing his forehead.

"Yes..?" I waited patiently.

"I really was feeling sick this morning but I'm okay now so.. I wanted to come in to practice." I didn't think he was lying but it stirred uneasily inside me.

"Jimin. Please just don't overdo it. It worries me.. and it worries Tae too.." Telling him how to live his life was far from what I wanted, but, I needed him to know how we felt.

"Thanks for worrying but really, I'm okay. Promise". I felt my stomach drop, it was nonchalant, if it was intended to make me feel better .. It didn't. I bit my tongue. His gaze dropped down to the packed lunch box I'd been holding in my hand.

"So.. Is that for me?" Jimin perked up.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot!" I quickly held it out for him. He happily took it before taking a seat on the bench behind me. I joined him as he wasted no time in untying the pink fabric wrapped around it.

"Aw you're so sweet, this looks delicious" The affection in his words washed over me. All I could do was smile back, any concerned friend would have done the same.

"Oh yum~ Jia, you'd be like the most perfect girlfriend seriously" He teased. I wanted to bury my face in my hands and hide but I resisted the urge.

"Stop being such a flirt" I poked at his arm which just made him giggle more.

"Oh I dono~ I might have to wife you if this food tastes as good as it looks" he went on.

"Hey! Stop talking and eat okay" I quickly shot back. He gave a small wink before popping a dumpling in his mouth. Who knew such a simple thing as a lunch box would make him this happy. He continued to taste all the different things, eager to tell me how much he liked everything.

But, my mind shifted, I just couldn't let go of the worry I'd felt on the way here. And, I couldn't tell if he'd actually taken my concerns on board. I was left at a loss.. Was the best I could do be just to support him when he needed it. If so, I'd need to radically accept it.

"Thanks baby, I definitely needed that" after he popped the lid back on Jimin pinched my cheek playfully. Baby?

"What's wrong? Baby not to your liking? Hm.. what about Sweetie, Pretty, Lovely~" Jimin cooed. I was so conflicted. I wanted to laugh along, but I also wanted to get him to take me seriously. Was his way of avoiding by flirting with me instead?

"Jimin, Can I ask you something serious?" His playfully smile subsided and he straightened up. Gaze settling on me.

"Um, it's not really a question but, maybe it kinda is. Anyways, Please, Can you promise that you won't skip class anymore to practice.? Please promise me, I'll miss you too much if you don't come".

I wasn't lying, I would definitely miss him if he didn't come but, it was more that I didn't want him to start failing in class.

"Oh.. I didn't know it was worrying you that much. Okay. I'll pinky promise" Jimin held out his pinky and wiggled it. I linked mine with his and made it official. It was enough to give me a small peace of mind for the time being.

Jimin thanked me for lunch with a warm hug before he went back to practice. Time was getting on and I still had a class this afternoon. As I pulled open the doors of the school building I glanced back at the clouds overcasting. That smell before it was about to rain lay heavy in the air.

The lecture was nothing but white noise to my thoughts. I opened up my phone to try and pre-occupy myself instead. There was a message from Yoongi.

Yoongi: Glad you're alive. Wouldn't want to deal with a lawsuit if anything happened to you.

I had to suppress a laugh. His satirical charm was unmatched. Next I scrolled down to Tae's name. I typed out a message that lightly explained what'd happened. Making sure to mention Jimin made me a promise to not ditch class for practice anymore. Tae's reply was quick and one of relief.

By the time I left class the clouds had fully covered the sky. I rushed home so I wouldn't get stuck in any rain. Luckily, just as I closed my apartment door behind me I heard the skies break into a hard pounding downpour.

I put my stuff away and collapsed on my couch. As the pelting on the window overtook my senses I was reminded of Joon. Maybe I should text him? I hadn't heard from him in a while, was he doing alright?

Jia: Joon~ It's raining outside, are you okay? 🌧😌

I clicked my phone shut and melted back into the softness of the couch. I'd been staring at the blank white ceiling for so long but, there was no response. Was it the crying of the sky that made me sad? Maybe he was busy? Or maybe something had happened..

Or, maybe he was having second thoughts about the way he felt about me. Maybe it would be better to get out of the house, take my mind off things.

My stomach decided that I'd go down to the Convini and eat some cup noodles. They always made me feel better.

I grabbed an umbrella and threw on a baggy jumper. The umbrella protected me perfectly on my way to the Convini. The 'ding' sounded as I went in. I scanned the noodles shelf but I couldn't see them. The store clerk told me that they'd run out so I went back out into the rain in search of another Convini. Hope that I'd still be able to find them. My mind was set.

The next Convini I went to had the ramen I wanted so I grabbed a pack off the self, paid for it, then went to the seating area. The prep station had hot water that I could use freely.

It wasn't until I went to sit down that I noticed I wasn't alone, I took a closer look. His built figure looked familiar. The bucket hat he was wearing and the way he was bent over closely as he ate his ramen made it hard to recognise him at first but I was sure it was Jungkook.

I slipped into the seat beside him which started him for a moment. His wide-eyed expression directed itself right at me.

"Noona?" My smile faltered as I noticed his cheeks were damp.. with tears?

"Kookie.. Hey" Had I come across him at a bad time? Should I maybe leave?

"What are you doing here?" Kook was still somewhat shocked. He brought the back of his dark grey long sleeve shirt up to hastily wipe his cheeks of any evidence that he'd been crying but the small swells under his eyes still gave it away.

"I wanted to eat some Ramen, Is this a bad time?" I was lost for words. Part of me wanted to know what was hurting him but, he was obviously here because he wanted to be alone.

"Oh, no, it's okay.. Which ones did you get?" He looked down to the styrofoam bowl on the table before me.

"Bibim Noodles. What about you?" I asked as I peered down at the label of his.

"Oh yum, I like those. Mine are Neoguri" he replied.

"Oh I haven't tried those, are they good?" I questioned.

"Yeah. Here, wanna try?" He slid the ramen over to me. "Sure, thanks".

I took the chopsticks he held out then tucked in. While I chewed he reached for my cup of Ramen and started to mix in the flavour packets.

"I'm not a fan of seafood but these are really good" I nodded along as the spicy aftertaste settled around my mouth.

"Here, Yours are ready" he switched our Ramen back over, a faint smile that wasn't there before now visible.

"Thanks, Did you want some of mine?" I offered. "Oh no it's okay, you eat Noona".

When that word rolled off his tongue it always threw me off. It was conflicting. His frame was bigger than me but, why did it feel like he was still a cute boy? Either way he was gonna eat some of my noodles whether he liked it or not!

"Nooo, have some too Kookie, please~" I didn't know if I looked cute to him but I was trying. His brow lifted cheekily. I triumphantly watched as he chewed with puffed out cheeks.

I don't know exactly when our conversation had turned so left of centre and quirky but,
the way we were huddled together in a Convini bonding over cup Ramen kind of felt like we were in a cute romantic drama cliché. When I told him that his face turned a shade of pink and he laughed.

It wasn't until we were about to leave that I remembered the state he was in when I'd got there. I felt like I needed to say something. Anything..

"Jungkook-ah" The way his name rolled off my tongue felt satisfying for some reason.

"Hm?" He turned to me. We lingered by the automated door. "Next time you feel like Ramen can I come too?".

"Yeah, let's try every kind." His pearly whites shone through his bunny-like smile. It was warm, reassuring.

Kookie offered to take me home, it was dark outside. As we walked side by side he'd slipped his hand into mine and held on to it the entire time. The innocence of the gesture made my heart skip beats. But, after his hand had left mine I was left with a strange longing. An emptiness. I got ready for bed, still dwelling on him.

After I was well and ready to slip into the welcoming sheets of my bed I checked my phone. Joon's name sat on my screen.

NJ: Sorry for the late reply. I've been at dance practice all night 😓
NJ: I'm okay. ☔️When I heard the rain I thought of you too..
NJ: Guessing you're asleep now, sweet dreams bby girl 🌙🌷

I was so busy with Kook that I forgot to check my phone so he probably thought I fell asleep.

Should I text back now or just reply in the morning? What should I say? Before I could figure out what to type I'd already passed out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

224K 10.4K 71
What if you're about to meet the people you work for and they're also your Idols? And one gives you the Soul Mark after you kiss? Do you tell them? O...
284K 8K 27
Y/N is your normal school girl, small group of friends, normal family, good grades. But the thing that gets her down the most is her 'Personal Bully'...
8.7K 815 63
The Most Beautiful Moments In Life (Pt. 1) 📖🔞 This is the sequel to - Before They Were Bulletproof. (Prologue) Please read that book first. Altern...
9.6K 490 15
*completed* Just when you had everything together and finally had mustered up the courage, you went back to your old home, trying to figure out just...