In Silence (Book 1) || Loki X...

By KatLovesFictionalMen

Tony Stark is an expert in finding hidden 'talents' in people and he didn't resist doing the same with you. A... More

Chapter 1: I think he'll shoot you
Chapter 2: But I am not a superhero
Chapter 3: Meeting the Avengers
Chapter 4: Alone with Loki
Chapter 5: Wrong room
Chapter 6: Your first mission
Chapter 7: Your second mission
Chapter 8: Your idea
Chapter 9: In your mind
Chapter 10: You say the truth
Chapter 11: Shopping
Chapter 12: The party
Chapter 13: The illness
Chapter 14: Asgard
Chapter 15: You get better
Chapter 16: A tour to Asgard
Chapter 17: The guest of honour
Chapter 18: A magical night
Chapter 19: The day after
Chapter 20: The vault
Chapter 21: Back in New York
Chapter 22: Hungover
Chapter 23: An unpleasant assignment
Chapter 24: Leo Marcus
Chapter 25: Disaster
Chapter 26: Why are you here?
Chapter 27: Really?
Chapter 28: That's not me
Author's Note
Chapter 29: Decision making
Chapter 30: Unexpected guest
Chapter 31: Back on Asgard
Chapter 32: The voice in your head
Chapter 33: Training with Frigga
Chapter 34: The legend of Freyja
Chapter 35: Your mother's house
Chapter 36: The whole story (part 1)
Chapter 37: The whole story (part 2)
Chapter 38: I know you
Chapter 39: The only way
Author's Note
We are back!!!

Chapter 40: Goodbye

2.4K 75 38
By KatLovesFictionalMen

The night before your return to earth you failed to get a descent amount of sleep. The whole night you run endless possibilities of what could happen during the spell and not all of them were good. It wasn't that you didn't trust Loki to do it, it was just the fear of Frey having grown so strong that she would be able to break it. You had reached a point in your life that you didn't care about dying anymore but only about keeping the people you loved and Asgard safe.

Loki pretended to sleep for most of the night, after you kept insisting that you were fine. He didn't want to put any more pressure on you than you already had. He wanted to reassure you that everything was going to be fine but he himself was even more worried than you. He feared that he would do the spell wrong and end up hurting you.

The worse thing about all this was that you could finally hear your boyfriend's thoughts. He was so stressed that he couldn't completely keep you out. Of course this was a bad thing because you had never imagined it going like that. You wanted Loki to let you in more than anything in the world but not because he couldn't help it. You wanted him to let you in because he wanted to.

When the night was finally over and the sun made it's appearance on the light blue sky, both you and Loki immediately jumped out of bed. You were obviously both stressed but neither would admit it, in order to keep the calm in the room.

You packed all the things you had brought with shacking hands. Frigga gave you some of her potion that contained Frey to take with you on Earth. She was also as stressed and anxious as everyone else but she still kept a sweet smile on her face to make you and her sons feel better.

When you were finally ready you said your last goodbyes to the Asgard and its people and headed to the Bifrost. Right outside of the castle there was carriage with two brown horses leading it.

You were really going to miss living like a royal on Asgard. Of course you were not going to remember any of this happening anyway, so probably you were not going to miss it after all. No matter what Asgard was beautiful and you wished you were able to live in it for the rest of your life.

Though maybe when Frigga and Loki find a solution you could do it.

Thor and Loki put all of your stuff on the carriage and got ready to leave when suddenly Lorien came running to you. Your face immediately lit up when you saw her. Frey was so rude to her and you needed to apologise before you got home and also you couldn't leave without saying goodbye.

"Lady y/n, wait!" She shouted.

"What is it Lorien?" You asked her worried.

"The...Allfather....has...." She tried to speak but she was all out of breath.

You walked up to her and took her hands in yours. She immediate looked up and you in the eyes and you smiled at her.

"Okay, Lorien, I need you to breath." You told her and you took a few deep breaths along with her. When she calmed down she stood still and tried to speak again.

"The Allfather has requested your presence. In the throne room." She told you and you looked at Thor and Loki in confusion.

Both of the brothers seemed to know nothing of what was going on, they seemed as clueless as you. You then turned your look at Frigga who was admittedly more calm and sure than her sons. She gave you a light nod and you followed Lorien to the throne room.

Two guards immediately opened the doors to the room as soon as they saw you and you slowly got in. Odin was sitting on his golden throne and didn't even flinch when you entered.

Why would he want to see you? He hadn't even bothered to talk to you while you were in Asgard.

"Y/n!" He suddenly said with a smile and stood up. He started walking down the stairs one by one as you got closer to the throne.

"Why did you want to see me? We were about to leave." You said dryly.

"I am aware, I just wanted to talk to you about something before you left."

"What do we possibly have to talk about?" You said and Odin let out a small laugh.

He then walked closer to you and you took a few steps back. Odin gave a quick and slight nod to one of the guards standing in front of the door and he immediately got out of the room. You found this extremely weird but you decided to ignore it as the fact that Odin was standing in front of you smiling was even weirder.

"I don't understand what is happening." You finally said.

"Y/n you are quite special, to both of my sons."

"Okay...."

"You know that, no matter what Loki has told you I always tried to treat them equally. I never intended for him to feel neglected."

"Though it happened. Anyway this is none of my business, I don't care about your family drama. I have enough of my own." You said and crossed your arms in front of your chest.

"Ah, yes. Frigga has told me everything. Believe me y/n she has found solutions to various more complicated issues she will eventually figure this out too."

You didn't say anything, trying to hold back the urge to hit Odin in the face. Though at the same time you really needed a hug. You felt like in his own way he was trying to apologise or even comfort you.

Maybe you didn't know him that well but you knew he had a hard time expression his feelings. Maybe in the end he was good.

What was for sure was that you would never know that.

"I know you will come back y/n. You will come back to my son." Odin continued and you looked at him with a shocked face.

"Wha-"

"I have never seen Loki so happy in his entire life. You need to come back to him, because if he were to loose you for ever, he wouldn't be able to handle it." Odin took your hands in his and looked at you in the eyes.

At that point the guard re-entered the room and walked quickly towards you. Odin starred at him for a few seconds and then turned back to you. The guards was holding a squared wooden box in his hands with some beautiful carvings on it. You looked at it, still confused and then looked back at Odin who had now let go of your hands.

The guard then opened the box and inside there was a gorgeous silver necklace. It was a simple design, a small heart with a little diamond in the middle of it. Odin gently took the necklace out of the box and showed it to you.

"I gave this necklace to Frigga almost a week after I had met her. I had crafted it myself with all the love I had in my heart. I only knew her for so little but I was sure she was the one for me. Centuries later, when Thor and Loki had grown fully she finally took it off and put it inside this box. She told me that when the time were to come, it would adorn the right neck."

"I don't think I can..." You said but Odin insisted.

"Me and Frigga have been waiting for you to come into Loki's life. He has finally found happiness and even though he has to loose you for a while I know you will get back together."

Odin's words made your eyes fill up with tears. He gently placed the necklace on your neck and you thanked him for everything. You then gave him a tight hug before finally heading back outside.

Maybe in the end everyone had the right in redemption.

Maybe Odin was not that bad after all.

He obviously cared for Loki, he just couldn't show it to him properly.

When you got back to the carriage Thor was already in while Loki was speaking with his mother. When he saw you he walked up to you and immediately asked you what had happened. You gave him a sweet smile for an answer and looked at Frigga who had the exact same look on her face as you.

Loki then helped you get up and sat next to you after. Everyone was there to say goodbye to you as you got further and further from the palace. During the whole trip you looked behind to Asgard. You were going to miss this breathtaking view more than anything in the whole world.

In only a few minutes you had arrived at inside the Bifrost. Heimdall was as always standing on his golden pedestal, holding on to his sword. After you said your goodbyes to him as well you held tight on Loki and with a quick swift of his sword Heimdall sent you back home.

This time, traveling with the Bifrost felt like an exciting trip. You didn't feel nauseous or dizzy. You just felt the air playing around with your hair as you got down to earth with enormous speed.

In only a few seconds you were once again standing in the rooftop of the Avengers tower. Loki kept holding you tight but you reassured him that you were fine with a kiss on the cheek.

It obviously didn't take long for the rest of the team to make their appearance. They all came out of the elevator and Tony was the first one to ran to you and start checking you up and down to make sure that you were not hurt or something.

"Hello to you too, Tony." You laughed as Tony continued his mini check-up.

"Yes, yes hi. So, did it work?" Tony looked you in the eyes and your smiled immediate disappeared from your lips.

"What is it y/n?" Bruce asked.

You sighed and sat on the bench next to you. Everyone was waiting anxiously for you next words while Thor and Loki sat silent on the back. You took a deep breath and started telling everyone about your week on Asgard.

They all listened to you very carefully and without making any noise. Once you were done no one had any words to speak. You all sat around in silence while you had your eyes stuck on the floor, not being able to look anyone in the eyes.

"How much time do we have?" Tony suddenly asked.

"Hours possibly." Loki told him.

"No. This can't be right. We can figure it out. Maybe if you kept drinking that thing-" Tony objected but you stopped him.

"Tony there are no loopholes this time." You stood up and took his hands in yours. "I know it's hard and obviously very sudden but the spell needs to be done as soon as possible."

"Y/n there sure must be something that we can do." Bruce stepped in.

"There is, you can wait. Frigga and Loki will figure it out sooner or later, we all just need to be patient."

"Y/n..." Steve tried to speak but he had no words.

"I also need something from you Tony." You turned to him again.

"Anything kid." He said anxiously.

"I need my retirement plan."

"Wha-" Tony looked shocked.

"I know you have one for each one of us. I just need mine a little earlier." You smiled at him.

"What is she talking about?" Bucky looked as confused as everyone else.

"Tony has made 'retirement plans' for all of us. Basically he has created a package with everything we would need if we ever needed to disappear from the face of the earth."

"How did you know about it?" Tony asked confused.

"I know about everything." You smiled at him.

"Fine. I'll arrange it."

"But I am going to be using my own name." You said.

"I'll arrange that too." Tony laughed sadly.

You looked at everyone with your eyes filled up with tears. A part of you still could not believe that this was really happening. Maybe you hadn't spent that long time with those people but they really were your family.

"So..." You wiped out some tears and let out a fake laugh. "If everything is okay here I think it's time."

"So soon?" Clint said terrified.

"The sooner the better." You smiled at him.

Then you went over at Loki who was observing from afar. He had his arms crossed in front of his chest and wasn't in the best mood ever. Without saying a word you gently took his hand and gave him a sweet, only half sad, smile.

"We need to do it." You told him and Loki nodded sadly.

No one had the courage to say another word and so they stayed silent. You hugged all of them one more time and tried very hard to hold back your tears as you did so. You and Loki then moved again to the centre of the roof and he magically appeared a peace of paper in front of him that looked like it had been torn out of a very old book.

He then mumbled and few words and a sudden wind appeared. Loki nodded at you when he was ready to start the spell and you turned to your family one last time. They were all looking at you with sadness on their faces. Both Bucky and Clint were sobbing but tried to hide it very hard.

"It's not gonna be for long." You shouted so you could be heard through the wind, which was getting stronger and stronger. "And this is not a goodbye! Remember, y/n always comes back, one way or the other." You said and finally tears started running down your cheeks.

"So where is she going?" Nat suddenly asked Tony.

"London." He answered her.

"Awesome! I always wanted to go to London!" You said and everyone let out a sad laugh.

You then turned to Loki and immediately noticed a single tear running down his right cheek. You had never seen Loki like that, which made you sob even more. He of course understood the reason of your sudden tears but he didn't say anything.

"You'll do it. You'll save me. Sooner or later I will be back with you." You laughed through your tears as Loki proceeded with the spell.

"I love you y/n." Loki suddenly said and you were shocked.

"I love you too." You said through your mind as you closed your eyes and felt the memories slowly being erased. 

You felt all of your magic slowly being taken from you as well as every good or bad memory you had with it. After that your family was slowly gone too and then New York, Asgard and eventually Loki too.

And then everything went black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

543K 17.8K 48
This story is quite opposite of the most I've read since Loki will be babysitting you. You didn't want to be part of the Avengers but you were forced...
12.6K 938 23
Loki was used to feeling like the odd man out. Once the team finally let him join them he had quickly forged a friendship with Bucky, and spent his s...
22.4K 902 32
Your name is Nova Hemming and you've been a Stark Industries legal advisor since Tony Stark became Iron Man. You are in the heart of New York City w...
156K 6.5K 23
After the war Thor looks to building New Asgard. Loki meanwhile is sent to stay with the Avengers. But they cannot bring themselves to trust the tric...