Surviving As A Cannon Fodder

By akane_youkai

Being a normal college student, Eunseo was reincarnated into a book she barely remembers as a no-name canon f... More

CHAPTER 0
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78
CHAPTER 79
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 81
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
CHAPTER 86
CHAPTER 87
Part 2 Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Part 3 Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159
Chapter 160
Chapter 161
Chapter 162
Chapter 163
Chapter 164
Chapter 165
Chapter 166
Chapter 167
Chapter 168
Chapter 169
Chapter 170
Chapter 171
Chapter 172

Chapter 114

4.1K 186 10
By akane_youkai

"Hiiyaaaaah"

Suddenly a goblin jumped from the top of a tree targeting its stone dagger towards Ann.

*swing*

With a single slash of her sword, the lifeless body of the monster fell to the ground like a puppet whose strings were cut.

One by one, goblins started emerging from between the trees in all directions.

As their presence was exposed they started coming out in numbers from all sides. And without a moment to waste began attacking everyone in sight.

Since their primary job was to protect the carriage carrying the relic, Eugene and Ann stuck together while the others scattered around forming the perfect defense.

"How many of those do you think there are here?" Ann asked in the middle of cutting down two goblins at once.

"Since their strength is in numbers. Probably around seventy to eighty" Eugene estimated while climbing to the top of the carriage.

"A goblin army" Ann scoffed.

"Sweet!"

Suddenly a rock flew towards her face.

"Whoa!" She exclaimed, dodging another rock the size of a small pumpkin.

One of the goblins was throwing stones at her hiding while in the bushes.

'This nasty hoarder! Tsk!'

Ann clicked her tongue almost immediately spotting the location of the stone-throwing goblin. He was sneaking glances at her through the gap between the bushes.

"Grrr..."

The goblin peeked from the bushes searching for the blue-haired human female that was guarding the shiny box. Although she was standing there just until a moment ago, she was nowhere to be seen.

"?"

He looked around confused when someone tapped on his back.

"Looking for me?"

"!"

Before he could react, Ann cut him off with a single strike leaving behind a lifeless body.

Within a second, another goblin jumped at her with a fierce cry,

"Hiiyaa.."

Just as Ann was about to swing her sword and slice it into two, the goblin fell dead to the ground courtesy of a headshot by Eugene.

*thuck*

"Hey! He was mine!" Ann complained, throwing her hands in frustration.

She turned around to find Eugene standing on top of the carriage with a bow in his hand.

Though she was about to complain about him stealing her prey, when he revealed his face from behind the bow, the frustration she felt earlier vanished into the sky.

"You changed into a bunny!" Ann exclaimed in a high-pitched voice.

The appearance of a greyish-white fluffy rabbit in a dark mercenary outfit holding a large bow was an eye-catching sight. 

Beastmen maintained their basic human physique while inheriting the physical boosts of their beast ancestors making a perfect and powerful blend of the two. A single beastmen was capable of defending against a platoon of generic human soldiers and an entire unit of them could fight a war.

Hence the Nero mercenaries covered the front guard of the entourage leaving the entire Tullus mercenaries as rear guards though they were large in number.

It was not only Eugene but all the Beastkin members of the Nero mercenaries had transformed into their true forms.

The twin foxes Noah and Oliver were standing side by side covered in bright blue fur, their faces having transformed into that of a cunning fox. They were tearing apart the goblins left and right, their usual playfulness entirely gone as if a switch had been flipped.

Jade morphed into a fierce leopard, his brownish-yellow fur covered with its signature spots as he mauled down every monster that came to his path. His carnivorous instincts allowed him to track the monster hiding on the trees as he climbed to the top taking out all the hidden goblins that were shooting arrows at them.

Yet the most outstanding transformation out of all of them was of Raeden's shapeshift to a mighty black wolf standing at the front line with his sharp claws ready for battle. He removed his coat revealing his large stature in the black sleeveless shirt. His sharp canines were enough to instil fear in his opponents as his eyes narrowed at the enemy.  At the speed of light, he jumped from one location to another clearing dozens of goblins at once.

While people and goblins alike were intimidated from witnessing the Nero mercenaries' true form for the first time, there was one person who felt different.

"I wanna hug that fluff!" Ann's eccentric reaction to it left everyone confused.

Unable to contain the joy, Ann retraced her steps back to the carriage terminating anything that came her way leaving behind a bloody green path.

*slash* *slash*

'Even their blood is green. I am seeing a lot of green things today' Ann thought as she dodged an arrow from the trees.

It had been weeks since she saw Eugene beastify and there was nothing that could stop her from patting him. Especially since he had been deliberately avoiding transforming in front of her due to her intense obsession with cuddling him.

"This is not the right time for it!" Eugene tried to stop her, just as she was about to climb the carriage.

To be cuddled like a teddy bear in front of his colleagues in public was the last thing he wanted. Though it had already happened multiple times in the past he wanted to avoid repeating an embarrassing history in the presence of people he barely knew.

It was not like Ann to be behaving like a child during a live fight. In fact, she would actively take part compared to any of the others as it came under the scope of her responsibility.

But professionalism went out the window when fluff was involved. 

It brought out the insane person living inside of Ann. And once she was taken over there was no return until she was satiated.

Without any options left Eugene bit his lips and said in a sorrowful voice,

"I'll let you......touch my hair.... later"

He was forcing himself to say the words that he would definitely regret later,

"As much....as.....you like. So stay focused"

*thuck* *thuck*

"Later when?" Ann raised her eyebrows in question.

"Later!" Eugene yelled, firing one shot after another.

"Fine! But when this is over, you better let me brush your hair"

"Grrrrr"

The ground surrounding the carriages was filled with corpses of goblins. It was not a sight for the faint of heart. Since aside from Kalan all the other Orion merchants were inside the safety of the carriages, the only person she had to protect was him.

'Though he doesn't look like he needs any protecting'

Ann saw Kalan sitting on top of his horse expressionlessly watching the chaos around him. If it weren't for her stopping him, she was sure that he would have joined them for the fight.

"Beauty. You know the drill" Ann said, nodding her head towards him. It was the signal he was waiting for.

*neigh*

Beauty jumped up excitedly. His owner was about to let him do the one thing he always wanted.

"Smash everything"

Beauty snorted as if he was waiting for it.

He ran across the pathway chasing three goblins like he was the horse of death. His eyes were flaming in excitement running like a maniac, as he missed colliding into Jade by an inch.

"Crazy horse" Jade commented, jumping out of the way in the nick of time.

The horse was throwing goblins into the sky like juggling apples. 

It was the first time he had seen a horse behave so unusually, making him wonder about its mental state. Rather than following its instinct and running away from danger, it was running towards it.

Then he recognized who the horse was and realized whom he belonged to.

"Aaah"

It was a classic case of crazy attracts crazy. He shook his head and continued to claw the monsters jumping from all sides ignoring the horses' existence.

'That's right, Beauty. Go full hulk!'

Ann saw Beauty charging at a group of goblins trying to run away from the scene.

Then when she pulled her sword out of a goblins' head, she realized something.

"Now that I think about it. I didn't receive a single flower at the flower festival" She complained to Eugene.

"Is that really important right now?" Eugene shot down a goblin piercing its shoulder, which was then killed by Ann.

"It is to me!" She yelled at him after slicing a goblin into two.

*slash*

*thud*

Ann had cleared out all the goblins around the central carriage.

After fighting for a whole twenty minutes, the herd was finally thinning out.

When she looked back to see if the Tullus mercenaries needed any assistance, they were handling the situation better than she had anticipated. They were cleaning off the remaining goblins on the ground having killed the majority of the active ones.

Ann walked a bit front to find that Raeden, Jade, and the twins had also finished up. 

Jade was checking the conditions of the people inside the carriages, while Raeden and the twins scoped the surrounding area.

On the other hand, Eugene shot the last goblin hidden in the trees.

"It's over" He signed.

Right when he thought the fight was over, a goblin jumped out of nowhere and lunged towards a vulnerable Kalan, who was no different from a sitting duck. When he reached behind for an arrow, the quiver was empty.

"Look ou..."

*thunk*

But before the goblin reached Kalan, it fell to the ground lifeless. On the back of its head was attached a dagger with an Eagle emblem engraved on it.

Kalan followed the direction the dagger came from to see Ann sign in relief having made it back at the right time.

"Now it's over"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

477K 25.7K 166
Featured at Wattpad's Editor Picks list. Luna, an overworked Engineer, had an unfortunate end. Her spirit, feeling wronged, fights Death for a second...
285K 12.1K 55
I, Miyazaki Daichi was transported inside my sister's favorite otome game as an unknown character. And that said character is the brother of one of t...
274K 7.6K 52
Sora Takahashi died saving his classmate from Truck-kun. Instead of moving on to the afterlife, he was given a choice by the Goddess of Worlds. He co...
7.1K 360 18
Enna went from bed ridden and dying, to dead and reincarnated in the blink of an eye. But the life she found herself in was nothing she would have ev...