In Silence (Book 1) || Loki X...

By KatLovesFictionalMen

Tony Stark is an expert in finding hidden 'talents' in people and he didn't resist doing the same with you. A... More

Chapter 1: I think he'll shoot you
Chapter 2: But I am not a superhero
Chapter 3: Meeting the Avengers
Chapter 4: Alone with Loki
Chapter 5: Wrong room
Chapter 6: Your first mission
Chapter 7: Your second mission
Chapter 8: Your idea
Chapter 9: In your mind
Chapter 10: You say the truth
Chapter 11: Shopping
Chapter 12: The party
Chapter 13: The illness
Chapter 14: Asgard
Chapter 15: You get better
Chapter 16: A tour to Asgard
Chapter 17: The guest of honour
Chapter 18: A magical night
Chapter 19: The day after
Chapter 20: The vault
Chapter 21: Back in New York
Chapter 22: Hungover
Chapter 23: An unpleasant assignment
Chapter 24: Leo Marcus
Chapter 25: Disaster
Chapter 26: Why are you here?
Chapter 27: Really?
Chapter 28: That's not me
Author's Note
Chapter 29: Decision making
Chapter 30: Unexpected guest
Chapter 31: Back on Asgard
Chapter 32: The voice in your head
Chapter 33: Training with Frigga
Chapter 34: The legend of Freyja
Chapter 35: Your mother's house
Chapter 36: The whole story (part 1)
Chapter 37: The whole story (part 2)
Chapter 38: I know you
Chapter 40: Goodbye
Author's Note
We are back!!!

Chapter 39: The only way

1.8K 71 16
By KatLovesFictionalMen

You ended up spending the rest of the day talking with Loki in your room. You told him everything that happened during your meet up with your mother and he had no words to say back to you. He thankfully turned up to be very understanding about your decision and was very supportive.

"You understand though that now our time is quite more limited." He told you.

"Yes..." You stuck your eyes on the floor.

Not you nor Loki spoke for a few seconds. There was an obvious tension in the room but none of you wanted to acknowledge it. You understood that along with your time to get rid of Frey, your time together could be limited as well. You really didn't want to think about it but it surely was a possibility. This could very well be your last hours together before she...

"Please don't think like that." Loki suddenly interrupted your thoughts.

"I'm sorry, you weren't supposed to hear that." You sighed.

"You can be quite loud when you are anxious." He let out a small laugh.

"Though you have to admit that it could happen." You told him sadly.

"You can't know that." Loki shook his head.

"Yes I can." You suddenly stood up and looked at him. "Loki this situation is bad and as far as I know we don't have any solution. I am trying to be optimistic but it's just too hard."

You then turned your back at him and walked to the window. A few tears started running down your cheeks as Loki slowly stood up and walked next to you. You both gazed at the beautiful view of Asgard without saying another word.

You were sure that deep down Loki knew you were right. He knew that you were heading towards a dead end and there were no more loop-holes for you to take. To this day you had never thought of how it was all going to end; on the one side you had never expected it to be so soon in your life but on the other you also had never expected your life to get so beautiful so fast.

"May I ask you something?" Loki suddenly spoke up with a calm and steady voice.

"Go ahead." You smiled.

"Do you remember the first time we were left alone together?"

"Of course, the others had a mission and they left me and you behind." You laughed remembering the happy times. "Why do you ask?" You turned to look at him in confusion.

"That day Stark handed you a pair of handcuffs in order to prevent me from using my magic and hurt you but you refused to put them on me." Loki turned to look into your eyes. "Why didn't you?"

"Excuse me?"

"Why didn't you make me wear them?"

"You're not an animal Loki. No one deserves to be treated like that." You answered him dryly and turned back at the view.

"But I was dangerous and you knew it."

"Loki, what is this?"

"Did you trust me then? Like you trust me now?" Loki asked desperately but you felt so confused at that moment, you didn't even know how to answer his question.

What exactly did he want to know and why now?

What was up with him?

You tried to recall something that you could've said to him to upset him but couldn't think of anything. Loki was never like that. But then it suddenly came to you; it wasn't something you had said.

"Loki what she said-" You turned around to look at him but he cut you immediately.

"Was the truth." He sighed.

"No, she just wanted to get into your head. Just don't let her do it, please."

"Y/n she was right. I am indeed the God of Mischief. The God of tricks and lies and you very well knew that and even more about me when you came in the Tower."

"Loki..."

"And even though you knew all that you chose to trust me that day, and all the other days after that. You decided to give me a chance and get to know me. I just can't understand why."

Loki was looking at you with her gorgeous forest green eyes, expecting an answer from you. You soon returned his gaze with a loving look on your eyes and a sweet smile on your lips. You gently touched his cheek with your hand and got closer to him.

"In my life I learnt not to judge a book by it's cover or its reputation. I know it's not a nice feeling. I admit that when I first saw you I immediately thought of all those things but I never let them cloud my judgment. Loki I walked into your room by accident on my first day and you just ignored me. If you were all those things they said you were, you would've reacted a lot more differently."

"But all those things that she said..."

"These were just to get into your mind, to make you question yourself and me. I am sad to say it worked, I really thought you were smarter than that Mr. Laufeyson." 

Loki laughed and took your hands into his. You both looked into each other's eyes for a few seconds, as if everything in your world was just fine. These were probably the best seconds of the past few days. You had not a single care in the world, you were just standing in front of the man you loved and had nothing to disturb your peace.

Sadly, as they say, good things don't last for ever and a sudden knock on your bedroom door immediately ruined that perfect moment. You then let go of Loki and went to answer the door only to see Frigga standing behind it.

You let her in and she rushed inside with a worried look on her face. She kept looking at you up and down and then starred at Loki. In her hands she was holding a huge, old book with some weird curving on its cover.

"Mother what is it?" Loki finally asked.

"It's been too long. The potion I put on the tea will wear off soon and I have read every book on the palace and have found nothing! Y/n, how do you feel?"

"I am go-" A sudden headache stopped you and you immediately fell on you knees.

You felt as if someone was drilling a whole on the back of your head. you though couldn't scream or even move. Both Loki and Frigga immediately came next to you and tried to help you but the pain was unbearable, until out of nowhere it disappeared, as if it never happened. You lifted your head and looked at Loki and Frigga, who were equally as confused as you. They helped you get up and sat you on the bed as you all tried to figure out what had happened.

"It was like the worst headache of my life and it just...went away." You finally said.

"It's wearing off. Here drink this." Frigga suddenly made a whole cup of tea appear in her hand and gave it to you. You looked at her in shock and then immediately drunk the tea. It had a weird taste but you felt the potion working and actually calming you down.

"Time is up, isn't it?" You looked at Frigga with your eyes filled with tears. 

"No." Loki objected. "Mother there must be a solution, we can't let y/n die!"

"Loki, please calm down." Frigga said calmly. "We are indeed out of time but I think I do have a solution. You obviously can't keep drinking this potion for the rest of your life, she will eventually get more powerful and I haven't yet found a way to forever get her out of...you."

"Then were is the solution?" You panicked.

"Well I found a rather interesting spell in here..." Frigga said and made the book she was holding float in front of you with her magic.

She then quickly turned the pages until she finally stopped somewhere in the middle of the book. On the page there were a few weird drawings that you couldn't understand and a lot of words, clearly written in hand.

"It is actually the spell that your mother used to contain her but more...efficient."

"But there is a catch, isn't there? If there wasn't you would've told us about this earlier." You looked at Frigga suspiciously while squeezing Loki's hand.

"I am afraid there is. She has grown quite strong so the only way for us to make sure she will not come back is to lock every bit of magic you have inside of you with her."

"It does not sound that bad, mother." Loki said hopefully.

"But to prevent future...incidents, we will have to lock a big part of y/n's memories in there as well."

"How big are we talking about?" You asked.

"Approximately...the last six or seven months and any memory of you having any powers." Frigga finally said.

Your heart suddenly stopped and the blood inside your veins froze when you heard Frigga's words. The only way to get rid of Frey and not die was for you to forget all the people you loved in your life. This definitely was a choice you had never thought you would have to make.

"So, the only way for me to stay alive is to...forget everyone and everything I love?"

"I am afraid so." Frigga sighed. "Though I am positive that it will not me for long. In this situation time is our enemy but with this spell we can eliminate it and continue our research. I am sure it will not take us long until we find the real cure."

"Mother, could me and y/n talk about it for a few minutes?" Loki finally spoke up.

"Of course." Frigga said calmly and left the room.

Loki immediately stood up and walked to the window again. He kept letting out anxious sighs and not saying a word. You could really feel how tensed and also scared he was. For the first time you knew exactly what Loki was feeling. His guard was down and sadly this was not how you had imagined it would go. You walked next to him silently and then spoke up.

"Loki..." 

"There has to be another way."

"Frigga said it won't be for long." You tried to calm him down.

"Are you okay with doing this?" He suddenly turned to look at you.

"Forgetting everything good that has ever happened in my life? Of course not Loki, but I also don't have another choice. Our time has ran out."

"We should've have more..."

"But we don't, because I did that damn spell. You know what though? I don't regret it. I finally know who I really am and even though I will have to forget that for a while I know it won't end like that. I trust you Loki and I trust that you will bring me back."

"And if I can't?"

"Then we had a good run." You laughed.

"It's not funny." Loki turned back to the window.

"Look, our goal was to find a way for me not to die. Well this is the only one we have so far and we are going to go with it."

Loki tried to object but you cut him immediately. You took his hands  in yours and looked him in the eyes with a sweet smile. He knew as well as you that this was the only way, though he refused to accept it. He refused to accept that he was going to loose you, even for a little while.

Suddenly the bedroom door opened widely and Thor bursted in. Frigga was following him anxiously.

"Y/n!" Thor shouted.

"I told Thor..." Frigga said from behind.

"Y/n, I am so sorry." Thor took you in his arms and hugged you tight.

"Thor...I...can't...breathe." You tried to speak.

"Oh, I am sorry." He let you down softly.

"I tried to calm him down." Frigga explained. "I failed."

"I am sorry y/n I didn't mean to come in like that. I was just very upset."

"It's okay. We are done anyway. I am going to do it." You said and everyone looked at you in shock.

"Are you sure." Thor looked at you with a very serious face.

You had never seen him so worried about anything before. He was always so calm and chill about everything, he almost made you blush. It was really touching how much he loved and cared about you.

"So, how are we going to do it?" You turned to Frigga. "I of course need to go to earth to say my goodbyes so, are you going to come with or will I have to go back and forth or-"

"Y/n." Frigga cut you with a sweet smile. "I am afraid I will not be the one performing the spell."

"What? Why?" You objected.

"The spell is very strong and once it's done the only way to be broken is for the one who casted it to do it. So I thought it would be better if Loki did it."

"Mother..." Loki tried to object but you stopped him.

"Loki maybe she is right. Maybe it is indeed better if you do it."

"Are you sure?"

"I trust you, Loki."

You put your hand on his cheek and looked him in the eyes. He didn't say nothing back, he just closed his eyes and nodded.

"I am afraid though I will have to take him away for a while." Frigga said. "The spell is quite complicated and we need to make sure Loki is prepared."

"Of course." You let go of Loki's hands and gave him one last smile before he and his mother exited the room.

You then turned around and sighed as you gazed outside the window. The sun had already started to set and Asgard was looking even more beautiful than before. As you were about to dive deep into your mind and drown in your thoughts Thor suddenly came to stand next to you.

"Are you by any chance going to leave me alone to my misery." You chuckled.

"No, not quite." He said.

You continued gazing outside the window but you could feel Thor's worried eyes starring at you. You knew that he wanted to say something but just couldn't find the words. Maybe it would've been easier for the both of you to just read his mind but then you decided against it. This could be one of the last times you had a real conversation with him so you should make the best of it.

"It's funny isn't it?" You finally sighed.

"What is?"

"How things can change from one moment to the other. Seven months ago I was just a girl working her way into collage and now..."

"You might die." Thor said with a sad tone and you immediately turned to him.

"Don't you ever say that, okay? I am not going to die. Thor I went into Limbo and managed to come back, you think I can't beat an evil spirit that decided my body was cozy?"

"Wait, when did you went to Limbo?" He asked in shock.

"Well...That's definitely not important. What's important is that I, in no way, will die. I will just be gone for a little while. The point is that you are my family and I know that sooner or later I will be with you again."

Thor failed to say another word and with a quick move he took you into his arms. His hug was warm and loving, for a moment you felt fine, you felt safe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.6K 1.5K 27
You are the newest, and youngest, member of the Avengers. You love being on the team, but it comes with its challenges. Almost every night you find y...
156K 6.5K 23
After the war Thor looks to building New Asgard. Loki meanwhile is sent to stay with the Avengers. But they cannot bring themselves to trust the tric...
1.9K 104 19
Since Frigga's death and taking the Aether to Svartalfheim Loki is back on Asgard and free. He however still remains lost and confused. Can Jane Fo...
55.8K 1.2K 33
From the world of Marvel's 'Thor'! Lady Sigyn of Asgard grew up with Thor and Loki, close with both of the brothers, but especially the youngest... B...