Knight

By Parqcxcm_hoe

[MAFIA FICTION] ___________ "Look what we have here.. " He spoke, smirking, in his... More

Author's Note|•
◌◎STORY'S STYLE◎◌
Chapter -One
Chapter -Two
Chapter -Three
Chapter -Four
Chapter -Five
Chapter- Six
Chapter- Seven
Chapter- Eight
Chapter- Nine
Chapter- Ten
Chapter- Eleven
Chapter- Twelve
Chapter- Thirteen
Chapter- Fourteen
Chapter- Fifteen
Chapter- Sixteen
Chapter- Seventeen
Chapter- Eighteen
Chapter- Nineteen
Chapter- Twenty
Chapter- Twenty one
Chapter- Twenty Two
Chapter- Twenty Three
Chapter- Twenty Five
Chapter- Twenty Six
Chapter- Twenty Seven.
Chapter- Twenty Eight
Chapter- Twenty Nine
Chapter- Thirty
Chapter- Thirty One
Chapter- Thirty Two
Chapter- Thirty Three
Chapter- Thirty Four
Chapter- Thirty Five
Chapter- Thirty Six
Chapter- Thirty Seven
Chapter- Thirty Eight
Chapter- Thirty Nine
Chapter- Forty
Chapter- Forty One
Chapter- Forty Two
Chapter- Forty Three
Chapter- Forty Four
Chapter- Forty Five
Chapter- Forty Six
Chapter- Forty Seven
Chapter- Forty Eight

Chapter- Twenty Four

42.9K 1K 231
By Parqcxcm_hoe

ROSLYN'S POV:

I came here to tell him I was upset about that image but look at this man.. He sealed my lips with his without worrying about what if someone walks up to this. He was as rough and claiming as ever, I had no reason to deny this, what am I going to say now? Layla and him aren't together anymore and I don't know how to feel about it. This wasn't wrong but was this right?

He placed his arm on back of my head, pulling me close. I squirmed, moaning as he bit my lower lip while nibbling it. I'm feeling so aroused with this closeness and that isn't good. He's the leader of the world that's forbidden. I'm not something that'll ever be able to satisfy him, give him what he deserves. I'm not worth his affection, his care..

He lifted my chin to deepen the kiss while I battled with myself. If a woman like Layla couldn't keep his interest for long, I'm not even anything in front of her. My heart was beating so fast, so fast that I wanted to run back inside my room and cry, for my life has become so twisted.

I kissed him back for I couldn't help this urge inside me, growing with every glide of his soft lips on mine. I'm becoming addicted, it'll hurt a lot when I'll come back to my senses and find out I've been craving something that wasn't either in my destiny or mine..

He pulled away, looking at me who was silent with heavy blushing cheeks and lowered eyes. It didn't even take him a moment to find I wasn't feeling like it today.

“Blossom.. What's wrong?.... Don't worry about that picture, I'll get it removed -”

“You called off the engagement? ” I asked, lifting up my eyes to his, waiting for his conformation. A part of me thought once again, I have something to do with this decision of his but then, why will he take such an important decision because of me?

He sighed, looking away and then back at me, holding my hands in his, leaning down slightly, he spoke in his breathy voice,

“And you don't seem happy about it. Is there something you want to talk about? Tell me.. ” he stepped a little close and I took a step back.

There are so many things I was to talk about, I don't know why it's so familiar but still so wierd. Coming close to him feels like the biggest mistake I can do but then when he's with me, I feel complete, safe. My life is becoming so fictional, I can feel my heart beat like crazy at this closeness but my mind shut down as soon as I have to talk.

“No.. I'm good. I was little worried about this, I'll.. I have some work” I excused, withdrawing my hand and began walking towards the stairs.

“Roslyn, Wait. ” he voiced but I don't want to be anywhere near him while my sanity is in this condition.

He followed me till I rushed on the stairs, right inside my room, closing the door. I don't think he followed me here. I breathed, walking towards the bed while watching Rabbit Downey Jr play in his box. I grabbed my phone from the desk where it was charging and called the only person who can lead me out of this now.

Waiting patiently yet nervously, I heard the rings pass, till a enthusiastic voice replied,

“Pearl! How's my child? ” Uncle spoke, that smile on his face being clear with that sweet tone he replied in.

“Uncle... Did I disturb you? ” I asked, trying my best not to reveal how tired my voice and heart were.

There was a wave of silence on the line, he sighed, replying back,

“Since when do we talk this way? Are you alright Roz? ”

“Uncle... I'm so confused. I can't understand anything. My heart, my mind, nothing is responding. ” I began without thinking twice.

“Roz- What happened!? You're scaring me now. Did something happen there? Did someone say something to you? Tell me.. ”

I inhaled sharply while he began worrying even more.

“Roslyn, my child. Talk to me, what's wrong. Stop scaring me now. You know you can tell me anything. ”

How do I start? How do I tell him that a man who is off limits has conquered my senses and now I'm not able to imagine anything else other than him. How do I tell him that I'm beginning to feel a certain kind of way for someone that's so wrong when it comes to our future. Alonzo Knight, what have you done to me?

“Roz? Roz?! ROSLYN PEARL! If you don't start talking, I'll fly there and sort this confusion myself” He screamed while calling me.

“I.. I was just writing and felt sudden wave of emotions. That's all.. ” I lied, crossing my fingers for him to believe this. I am not confident enough to tell him about it. For the first time in life, I'm going to hide something from Uncle, it feels like I'm drowning in shame. I'm so sorry.

“Pearl, stop lying for once and be honest. You know well I can deal with anything but not my Roslyn being in pain, right?”

He took a deep breath calming himself and then spoke in soft voice, still full of worries.

“ Remember that time when you got hurt and came back home with a bleeding ankle? You weren't ready to tell me how that happened because Theo did it to you and you didn't want him to get in trouble. You were ready to live with pain but not confess. My child, just like that, we all bare pain because we love something, because that pain seems so small in front of the affection we have for them. ”

“But what if that thing and I were never meant to be together? What if they're off limits? ” I spoke mid of those heavy breaths that I took, trying to calm myself down.

“In love, there's nothing called off limits. If you love it, it's yours. Love's never about fighting, it's about preserving.”

He said everything that I wanted to ask, as if he read my mind. Everything he said went solving my questions one by one and made me aware of my actions. His deep words made me think like I never did before, something I felt but couldn't express. I knew there can't be anyone better than him in this world who can answer everything without even asking.

“ Pearl, I might or might not know what you're going through but always remember I'm there with you, always. You can tell me anything. I promise I'll just laugh a little bit.. ”

He joked, bringing a smile on my face. I took a breathe of relief and sat down on the couch.

"So when are you coming back? ” he asked.

My face dropped but I tried to reply him with the same energy.

“Next weeeek!! I'm so excited. Finally I'll get to see you all after so many days.”

“That means now I'll have to take my meds on time” he sighed.

“Wait! You don't take them on time? What did tell you last time? If you don't take those medicines on time, I'm not leaving you alone there anymore” I huffed, angry at him. How can't he understand how important it is for him to be punctual with medicine schedule? He's all grown up but acts like a child.

“Alright, Alright, Captain. I got it. I'll take care from now on. And now that my Rozy will be here, she'll take care of me. ” he chuckled, seeming so excited for my visit. I want to be excited too. I want to be away from this messy life for once and feel who I was, back there.

“How are Liam and Theo? ” he asked, continuing.

“They're good. I miss them so much but they said it'll still take some time to come back here. ”

“I miss both of them too. This house is so quiet ever since you guys left. I am slowly getting used to it but still feels so empty. ”

“We'll be back soon. And then we'll have a dinner all together. I'll sit next to my uncle and Theo while we bring up Liam's past relationships” I adviced. He laughed, agreeing.

“I'm in for that."

FEW DAYS LATER:

“How beautiful you lookiiiiingg! ” I whined, smiled in immense happiness after dressing up Rabbit Downey Jr. He's the best baby ever, doesn't even bite when I irritate him. Right now we both are sitting in front of my mirror, setting up the dress he wore.

“I knew peach will look amazing on you. I love it. Do you like it? I know you do. ” I picked him up and let him play on the floor. From this week onwards I'm totally free, as useless as I always was. Nat's work is to get the book ready by this week and then it'll be all done from our end. I really am curious to see what the final copy will look like. I'm sure it'll be fantastic.

I sat down next to my suitcase, loaded with most of my clothes. Just two more days, I'll be back to Florida. Quite elevating and saddening at the same time. Uncle is probably waiting for me on the airport since two days. He's never been more excited about anything like this.

I sighed, looking at the other end of the room. Alonzo and I haven't talked since that day. I barely see him anywhere and that's somewhat disappointing. At least I wanted a day with him before I leave for I don't know how long...

Snap out of it Roslyn! He has other things to do, not as useless as I am. It's better if we be distant, maybe it'll hurt little less.

I stood up, looking out through the  curtains, out in the sky. Evenings have always been so fascinating to me. How all the birds return back to their nests like we humans do to our families, they explore the world but at the end of the day, there's no place like home.

This evening sky was like a typical one but still I was admiring it. I don't know when I'll get to see this again.

I heard a knock on the door and it opened, revealing Ty, Dylan and kai in their formals. It seemed as if they just came back from work.

“We're coming in.” Kai announced, heading straight towards Rabbit Downey Jr without looking at me. Both of them came towards where I was sitting on the bed and sat down on the couch in front.

“So.. You'll leave ” Ty spoke, pressing his lips in a thin line as soon as those words escaped them, looking over at the empty shelves and packed bags.

I don't have to act like I'm sad. I'll show as if everything is okay I'm happy with it, visiting my family and friends.

“ Yeah! I'm so excited to meet Uncle Michael and Nat. They're waiting impatiently like me. ” I clasped my fingers, showing I'm excited while putting on a big smile.

“Oh! Great. I hope everything's alright between you and Alonzo.. ” Dylan hinted and I breathed in sharply, handling myself while looking at him in surprise.

All three of them were focused on me now. I know what they're trying to do, stop me. But I'm not giving up.

“Yes, everything's good between us. What can go wrong? ”

“So have you told him you're leaving? ” Kai questioned, raising his eyebrows.

“I? Didn't you guys tell him yet? ”

“I don't think that was something he would want to hear from us, Roslyn. Well.. Now that you have decided, it's alright, just let him know once. ” Ty uttered with no hint of expressions on his face.

“Don't forget us. You've sneaked enough snacks to remember us for a while at least” Dylan spoke, standing up.

“Dinner will be ready in an hour. ” he informed, walking out. Ty followed him. This never happened before, our conversations were never this dry. Am I doing something wrong? I'm scared, what if I take another wrong decision out of stubbornness and hurt everyone. No! I can't do this. I can't hurt Alonzo once again...

“You know what.. It's good that you're visiting your home after all this time and you don't have to mind them. If you're happy with it, just do it” Kai preached, petting Rabbit Downey Jr.

“I don't know” I mumbled.

His eyes shifted towards me and he stood up, walking in my direction.

“What do you mean? ” he asked.

“I don't know if I'm happy. I sure do want to meet everyone back in Florida but then.. ” I paused, blushing as I felt Alonzo's name slipping down my lips.

“Then you'll miss him. ” he hinted. I looked up at him in surprise while my heart skipped a beat or few and asked nervously,

“W-Whom? ”

He smirked, placing his hands in his pockets, looking at me playfully,

"You know whom..”

With this, he walked out, closing the door with my mouth open and eye widened. Does he know about Alonzo and me? I don't think we made it this obvious... or maybe we did..

AT DINNER TABLE:

I pulled out the chair, while giving a final glance towards Alonzo's room, not expecting him to join us for dinner like any other day. I have rarely seen him have dinner with us in all these months. He's either at work or God knows where. I hope he doesn't skip meals, that isn't good for health.

“Now that you'll leave, it'll be just three of us once again, haunting this house” Kai spoke, shrugging and looking at others.

I took a seat next to Dylan while lowering my eyes, not having courage to look at anyone. Why am I doing this to myself? This is becoming more like torture rather than happiness.

“Liam and Theo said they'll be back soon, you won't be alone for long” I managed a reply without looking at them.

“Yeah, Theo informed me about all that. Once we get our business on track, they'll be back. It's really a huge task, working there, I hated it when last time I had to go there” Ty complained, rolling his eyes and sighing, dramatically.

I giggled while they talked about some of the tragic events from their pasts, like inhaling helium before a date, stepping on water with socks on and what not. The way they talk so warmly can never convince anyone to think these men can hunt down the Devil himself.

I was lost in my thoughts when I heard one if the chairs slid and someone join us on this dinner. All voices paused as soon as I turned my head to find Alonzo on his place among us. Everyone was here but he was looking right at me. I could tell he still had those questions fresh inside him that he suppressed that day.

All of us began with the dinner as everyone was here. I took a big bite of chicken rice ball with the sauce. Being under this much stress, all I can do is eat. I've been thinking a lot lately and my life isn't helping either. Every day, a new problem arises and I'm giving responsibility to deal with it all on my own. How can a little soul like me do that, hence I forget about them and take a nap.

“Don't y'all hate it when you're drinking your soup and eat a piece of garlic that you thought was potato” Kai spoke, squinting and making weird faces.

“I hate soup” Ty complained, wiping his face gracefully, lending a glance at Kai who was almost choking because of that garlic.

“You guys act like babies” Dylan gave an unpleased look at both of them.

“Says the person who's allergic to peanut” Ty began.

“It's an allergy. ” Dylan argued.

“Whatever. Little Dylan baby boy doesn't like peanuts aww... ”Kai teased him, finishing his food while standing up.

Alonzo calmly finished his meal mid of the war that was going on between three of them. I was busy stuffing my mouth with salad and whatever I saw in front of me, was edible.

“You suck”

“You can't even do it. ”

Three of them walked around arguing a little and then wished Alonzo and me a Good Night before walking towards their rooms. He sat on his place, taking out his phone, going through it while I finished my meal by chugging two glasses of water.

“You didn't eat well today” he spoke, looking at me from corner of his eyes. Sir, I overate.

“I'm full. ” I spoke, standing up with my dishes. I walked inside the kitchen and placed them inside the sink. Now I'll curl up and sleep, ignoring my problems. I turned around to find Alonzo standing right behind me.

He had a calm but questioning face. I paused, fixing in that position while he caught my attention on him.

I tried to move past him but he grabbed my hand and began heading towards his room with me following him, unwillingly. I know what's going to happen, we'll argue, I'll say something that I shouldn't, he'll still not let me leave and I'll leave anyways.

I was inside his room while he latched up the door, turning around to face me. I could see frustration written all over his face. I wish he will understand what I'm doing is for our good.

I think this is the time I tell him I have to go back in two days. I had to tell him, sooner or later.

“I've something to tell you. I'll be leaving for Florida on this coming Monday” I informed, crossing my arms in front of me.

He sighed, placing his arms on his waist, glaring at me.

“What you're doing this for?” he huffed, more in a worried tone than annoyed.

“I am visiting my family-”

“Stop lying. We both know why this thought kicked in all of sudden.” he asserted, cutting off my lies.

I looked up at him, right in his eyes while various thoughts went through my head. I frowned, talking back,

“Why do you think I'll do what tell me to? I told you, you don't have to pamper me, I'm not a small kid. What will you get if I stay here? I don't even know you well, nothing about you, or not that we have anything between us and you still expect me to follow what you say? ”

I worsened the moment. At this point why don't I just go dumb? There's nothing useful that comes out of this mouth of mine anyways. He came close to me and I moved back till I couldn't because I reached his bed. I knew something like this was going to happen. Everything's already so abnormal between us, so confusing, still he wants to keep this going with me?

“You don't know me? Then how about you get to know me Blossom?”

He stopped right in front of me with his hands in his pockets and his piercing green eyes at me. I felt his thoughts reflecting with that look on his face when I peek up at him.

Go on a date with me

══════════o*☠︎*o══════════════════════••••••••════════════

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶
⌜ •   °    +   °   •   ⌝
All you gotta do to support me:

Share
Comment
Vote
Follow, if you feel I'm worth it.

⌞ °   •    +   •   °   ⌟

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

756K 17.9K 51
"SSSSHHHHH... What did I say, you are here to listen, so let me complete. Your family's torture is not what I want. I want you, and now listen what I...
1M 27.2K 79
[A SWEET MAFIA ROMANCE] Nicole thought that her life would be easy now after she left behind all the memories of an awful night, which led to an unex...
1.8M 57.2K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : ••••••••• she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...
45.4K 2.1K 44
WARNING:MATURE CONTENT🔞 He tightened his hold on my neck. "Le-aaavve meee" I coughed "Apologise my beautiful bitch!"He whispered near to my face ,hi...