Revenge Run | ✓

By MoonKnightess

Revenge is all both are set out for! Hate is all that drives them! Scarlett Walter isn't a regular corporate... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
1. Startling Start
2. Start of Revenge
3. A Friend and a Lunch
4. Fun but no Fun
5. Combat
6. Home or no Home
7. Tables Turned
8. Dinner
9. Blackmail
10. Fazed
11. Fated vicinity
12. A Plea
13. An Accusation
14. The Past
15. The Investigation
16. Bitter Memories
17. Birthday?
18. Cold Rage
19. Planning Next Move
20. Murderous
21. Unwell
22. Execution
23. Live Action Drama
24. Answers and Answers
25. Mixed Reality
26. Media
27. Rise of Power
28. Past Unravelled
29. Propose
30. Old Friends
31. Shattered
32. Planning
34. Liars all around
35. Saviour
36. For Exercise!
37. Symphony
38. Happiness
39. I Can't help
40. Word Play
41. Trust Me
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Epilogue

33. Second Chance

2.6K 133 36
By MoonKnightess

SCARLETT

"You here?", I asked wide-eyed.

"This cabin is mine, I guess.", he said, standing too close.

"What? Uh... I didn't know. Amy brought me here and left, and I think someone has locked the door from outside.", I said.

"I see. Someone might have locked it accidently considering it unoccupied."

"Hmm. Uh... could you call someone for help? My cellphone is with Rae.", I asked, feeling uneasy because of the situation.

"Umm... actually I can't. The battery of mine is dead.", he said pointing at his phone kept on a console at a corner.

Damn it! This is too bad.

Sitting at a corner of the bed, he said, "Amelia brought you here, right. She might return soon and open the door. Until then please have a seat." He said patting beside him on the bed.

"No thanks, I'm good."

And then, an awkward silence followed. He sat contemplating, with his eyes fixed on the floor, while I stood beside the door with folded hands, gazing all around.

Where is Amy? Is she drunk again? In that case, I would have to stay here until someone finds us. No... That would be worst. This cruise wasn't a good idea at all!

Had my phone been with me, I could have kept myself busy in it than suffocating in this tension. Oh wait... had my phone been with me I could've prevented this situation in the first place.

In this whole big world... I had to be stuck with this man. Well played dear fate!

"For how long are you planning on standing there? Come on, you can have a seat.", he said again after approximately 20 minutes.

This time I agreed. I sat beside him, careful to maintain a feet's distance between us.

"I'm sorry!", he said all of a sudden.

"For what exactly, because there's a long list of deeds for which you ought to be sorry."

"For everything. I'm sorry for everything Lett."

"It's Scarlett for you."

My nickname is reserved only for my family and friends, and he belongs to none of the above categories.

He looked at me with guilty blue eyes.

"After meeting you again, I regret the decision of leaving that day without trying to get you back.", he said taking me off-guard.

I couldn't reply. My gaze was locked in his eyes. A deep pain froze my heart for a second.

"Scarlett... I'm sorry for what I did that day. Somewhere I feel, we separated because of me. I... I should've heard what you had to say.".

"But you didn't.", I finally said, "Despite my pleadings, you didn't."

"I was angry. I wasn't able to control myself."

Is he really guilty for that? I doubt if he had found the truth, but that's not possible.

"Is that all you want to say?"

The moment my words fell in his ears, he moved and kneeled down in front of me.

Taking my hands in his, he said, "Lett, I've spent five years suffering the outcome of my mistake, and..."

"And?"

"I need a second chance Lett... Please give us a chance."

"I can't." My mouth didn't take long to speak.

He cupped my cheeks and said, "Please don't make me suffer more Lett. I promise I will never repeat it again. I will never distrust you again. I do and will always love you."

"What called for such change of heart all of a sudden?" I jeered removing his hands and got up, with him following me.

"My love for you. Please Lett, give me a chance. Just one more chance."

"I said I can't."

"But why?"

"Why?... You ask me why?", a tear traced its way down my cheek, "Because you lost faith in me. Because your insults are still fresh in my memories. Because... it's hard to forget things. I could've kept that aside for once, but you questioned my skills and that... it can't be forgotten."

"I know you still love me Lett. You think I can't understand it?"

"I don't love you. Moreover, I and Jacob are still together.", I said with a glare.

He took a step towards me with glistening eyes. In an attempt to move away I took a step back, but my upper body fell on the bed, with my feet still on the ground.

Aaron bent forward, hovering over me with his hands pressing the bed on my either side for support, and said, "Then where is he?"

The face above me wasn't furious, but gloomy. What should I say now?

"He's in LA and we are still in a relationship." I said confidently.

"Stop lying, your eyes betray your words. You don't have to forget Lett. You just have to forgive."

"No... I would prefer forgetting over forgiving. I haven't forgotten the first time we met... but I keep trying. Don't make it harder for me." My voice began to break mid- sentence.

He bent closer, "I need you back in my life Lett. Please come back. Please forgive me. Please."

He gently grabbed my hand and placed it on the left part of his chest. I felt his heart racing beneath the skin. "Can you feel it? Can you feel how badly I've fallen for you?"

The walls I've built around myself for years seemed to shake. His affectionate blue eyes weren't helping either.

Before I could say anything, a buzzing sound echoed catching our attention. Both of our eyes settled on the console from where the sound was coming. Wasn't his phone's battery dead?

I pushed him aside, getting up. It might be a notification vibration probably. I walked near the phone and the tension in this already tensed room increased.

Picking it up, I stared him. His face went pale with a mix of horror and shock.

"Lett I..."

"Don't.", I glared, fuming with rage.

I dialed Dylan's number and he picked it up immediately.

He said without listening, "Jacob come here, it's him and Aaron the call is on speaker. Now tell us, did she forgive you?"

"Come here and open the door right now.", I said through gritted teeth.

"Scarlett!", hearing his horrified voice, I ended the call.

"So you already met Jacob. Well played Anderson. For a moment I thought you're really guilty."

A hurt expression crept up in Aaron's eyes.

"How did I forget that your ego is simply too big to crumble down on its own. You never trusted me then, how did I expect you to do it now."

"Lett I'm..."

"You think by calling me here, getting locked and pulling up this shit show could convince me? Make me come running back to you huh?"

He stepped closer to me and said, "You keep saying my ego is big, but what about yours? Isn't it bigger than mine?"

What did he just say? My hand rose to slap him, but he gripped my wrist, mid-air. He then grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to his chest.

"Leave me.", I hissed.

"Or else?", he challenged with a weak voice.

I couldn't say a word, but lose myself again in those shiny blue eyes.

He bent to my ears, his breath whizzing past my neck, and whispered, "Your ego is coming in the way of your happiness... our happiness. We both know, you suffered as much as me. Please Lett, don't leave me again."

He slowly left my wrist and clutched me in a hug, resting his head on my shoulder.

"I need you back in my life Lett. Please come back. Please forgive me. If you wouldn't, I'll take it as you lost against your own ego.", he whispered.

I pushed him away, harder this time.

The door suddenly clicked and opened. Outside stood Dylan, gaping at us.

"Lett...", he tried to say but couldn't because I walked out, stepped onto his shoe, making him shriek and left them abruptly.

"Lett listen, please.", I heard Aaron screaming behind me.

I scurried down to the deck where were kept the jet skis.

"Open the gate", I ordered the security guard.

He did as I demanded and within a minute, I was riding over the gentle waves with a wild state of mind. I drove at full speed, with tears flowing down my cheeks.

I don't want to see him in front of me. I don't even have to. I just don't want anyone anymore.

I drove my way to the shore madly. On reaching there, I strode towards the resort and rushed to my room.

I'll leave this place right now.

I looked around for my phone, but remembered having left it in the cruise. Rachael, Amy... they all played with me.

Alright, I always carry my spare phone on trips. I called my secretary in California and ordered her to book the earliest fight.

Meanwhile I packed my luggage back. What will people think, I don't care about it anymore. I just want to leave and that's all I care.

#####

AARON

She just left me. She's leaving me again. No! I wouldn't let that happen again. I followed her.

I yelled, begging her to stop but she didn't. At last, I saw her going away from me in a jet ski.

Dylan came running behind me.

"Why did you open the door?", I said grabbing him by his collar, by the time, all others reached us.

"I'm sorry. I messed it up." he said with a dropped face.

"Sorry? She left me Dylan. What would I do with your sorry now?"

"I've arranged a motor boat. Let's return to the resort first.", Jacob suggested.

Within twenty minutes we were all seated in the motor boat making our way back to the shore. I took charge of the rudder and drove furiously.

"Uh... Guys. She has booked a flight to California.", Rachael informed us.

"How do you know?", Riley asked.

"Her phone is with me and I just saw the message in it."

"Her phone is here, then how did she manage to book it?", Alex asked.

"She carries two phones on trips. Her old habit.", Amelia answered.

"Yes, the message might've been sent on both phones.", Rachael said.

I sped the boat madly. I won't let her leave, at any cost.

As we reached the shore, I ran to her floor.

On reaching her room we found it empty. I received a call from Dylan, who was on the ground floor.

"I just saw a car pulling out. I think she's heading to the airport.", Dylan reported.

"Get another car. I'm coming.", I said and cut the call.

I got into the elevator waited for it to reach down. Every minute felt like a year to me. I won't let her leave again. I'll get her back at any cost.

I reached down and slipped into the car. I turned the key, making the engine roar to life.

I'll get my girl back at any cost!

As soon as I started the car, I noticed something or rather someone on my way.

No...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.8K 2.5K 35
I met a girl six years back. She was everything I thought I never wanted. But how incredibly wrong was I? But one day she left. Just like that. For a...
1.7M 50.9K 55
Highest ranking Millionaires No 6 (03-3-19) Deal No 3 (23-3-19) Feisty No 13 (05-6-19) ---------------------------------------------------------- ...
1.2M 7.2K 9
#𝟒 ▪ 𝐆𝐮𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐬. ❝I hate you,❞ I hissed, pushing him away to create some desperately needed distance between us. He smirked and my...
15.6K 450 56
He is wealthy and she is poor, As children, he would always bully and mock her in front of her friends and schoolmates because she was fat, a nerd a...