❀I'm A Trainwreck❀

By lovinglangston

Ashland Craft, a 24 year old country singer who first got her start on The Voice, season 13, on Miley Cyrus'... More

C A S T
P L A Y L I S T, PT 1
P L A Y L I S T, PT 2
H O U S E S
P A R T O N E
P A R T T H R E E
P A R T F O U R
P A R T F I V E
P A R T S I X
P A R T S E V E N
P A R T E I G H T
P A R T N I N E
P A R T T E N
P A R T E L E V E N
P A R T T W E L V E
P A R T T H I R T E E N
P A R T F O U R T E E N
P A R T F I F T E E N
P A R T S I X T E E N
P A R T S E V E N T E E N
P A R T E I G H T E E N
P A R T N I N E T E E N
P A R T T W E N T Y
P A R T T W E N T Y O N E
P A R T T W E N T Y T W O
P A R T T W E N T Y T H R E E
P A R T T W E N T Y F O U R
P A R T T W E N T Y F I V E
P A R T T W E N T Y S I X
P A R T T W E N T Y S E V E N
P A R T T W E N T Y E I G H T
P A R T T W E N T Y N I N E
P A R T T H I R T Y
P A R T T H I R T Y O N E
P A R T T H I R T Y T W O
P A R T T H I R T Y T H R E E
P A R T T H I R T Y F O U R
P A R T T H I R T Y F I V E
P A R T T H I R T Y S I X
P A R T T H I R T Y S E V E N
P A R T T H I R T Y E I G H T
P A R T T H I R T Y N I N E
P A R T F O R T Y
P A R T F O R T Y O N E
P A R T F O R T Y T W O
P A R T F O R T Y T H R E E
P A R T F O R T Y F O U R
P A R T F O R T Y F I V E
P A R T F O R T Y S I X
P A R T F O R T Y S E V E N
P A R T F O R T Y E I G H T
P A R T F O R T Y N I N E
P A R T F I F T Y

P A R T T W O

55 5 22
By lovinglangston

Hardy's POV:

Today's the day. The Signed Sober You tour is starting and kicking off today in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I am absolutely stoked for tonight! I hope Jon and Ashland are excited as I am. Honestly, I haven't talked to either of them since they left my house sometime yesterday.

I get it, I know what I'm doing is wrong with me and Caleigh, but she makes me smile, makes my heart skip a beat, and so many things that Ashland used to do to me. There was a time where Ash made me feel all those things and all that, but now it's like a whole other fucking job making sure she's okay and whatnot. I guess she's what you call "high maintenance". I really do care for her but I think my love for her is fading.. Oh well, shit happens.

I dialed the number of Caleigh's and waited until she picked up the phone. I met her when I was doing a show in California. In San Diego, to be exact. She's a native to that place. I met her when me and Ash were three weeks into our own relationship. And something even more awkward? On my new and anticipated album, titled, "A ROCK", I have a duet with Ashland on there so it is very awkward. But it's already recorded and sealed so I can't change it. I hope Caleigh isn't the jealous type.

She finally picked up the phone and my smile grew big when I heard her sweet and beautiful Californian accent. She's currently going to college in Mississippi, which is my home state. She's enrolled at Ole Miss though, meh. I'm more of a Mississippi State fan, but to each their own.

"Hi, Michael! Are you excited for your tour show tonight? A little birdie told me that tonight's the first night and it's sold out!" I just knew Caleigh was smiling as hard as I was on the other end of the line.

"Fuck yeah! I am super excited. I passed by Jon and umm.. Old fuck girl, and they didn't even try to notice me. I'm the headliner of this damn tour so I can easily kick them off, if need to be. I so wish I was coming to Mississippi so I could come see your sweet face," I went on and on to her.

I heard a knock on the door of my dressing room and I scoffed, rolling my eyes, l told Caleigh that I would call her back in a little bit because I had to answer the door and see who in the hell it was. Low and behold, it was Jon. Thankfully though, Ash wasn't there with him, which I do find a bit strange because them two are always attached to one another's hips nine times out of ten. That's cringe, to be honest.

I opened the door of the dressing room after looking out the peephole. I looked into Jon's eyes and my arms instantly crossed against my chest. They soon dropped and I sighed, "What do you want, Lang?" I asked him, quite annoyed he had to mess up my phone call.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa.. Are you mad, dawg? Because if so, we can have this conversation later on," Jon's voice sounded quite offended. If only he knew, I just wanted to have some kind of privacy but I guess not..

"Look, it's just a lot on my mind, J. Hey, do you have any kind of alcohol in your dressing room? Because I am itching for something. A beer, whiskey, hell, anything at this point? I know you drink whiskey on stage, don't lie," I chuckled, trying to joke with him.

"Uh-huh. And yeah, I have Busch Light and Crown Royal. Which one sounds good to you? And if you choose to drink some Crown, I have Sprite and Coca-Cola you can use as a mixer. If you want, of course," Jon informed me. I gave him a nod and he motioned me over to his dressing room. I won't even lie, it was odd not seeing Ashland anywhere. The last time I saw her was when her and Jon were walking past my dressing room, which was a good three or four hours ago.

We both got into his dressing room and I saw he already made his self at home with this dressing room. He wrote his signature on the wall. I always knew that fucker couldn't write well to begin with, but his signature is literally unreadable, haha.

"Hey, Jon.. Where's Ashland?" I questioned, instantly regretting asking about her.

"Hmm? Where's Ash? Umm, I'm not entirely sure," His voice seemed dishonest but maybe that's just how it came out and he didn't mean it like that. I do at least want to see her before she has to do her set. Just because I have been talking to Caleigh doesn't mean that me and Ashland aren't together.

"Mhm, kay. Thanks for the bottle of Royal, by the way. I'll refill up your collection stash or whatever tomorrow when we take the two hour drive to Detroit for the next show. Are you ready for this tour, bud?" I asked Jon, trying my best to push away all of the thoughts of Caleigh, me, and Ashland away for a while.

"Not a problem, Michael. Anythin' for a good bud of mine. How are things with, uh, Callie or whatever her name is? Oh, and I am too excited for this tour, not even goin' to lie," Jon answered my question.

"Yep. We were just talkin' on the phone in my dressing room until you messed it up," I laughed. "Her name is Caleigh. How are things with you and Anna?" I asked and Jon's facial expression and body language shifted. Uh oh, did I piss off the sensitive side of him? Just great.. Not.

"Bro, I thought I done told you... Me and Anna parted ways. She cheated on me and had the audacity to guilt trip me into not believing it and whatnot when my own brother saw it with his own eyes. Can you imagine how fucking bad that is?! Just think, you're doin' the exact same to Ashland. I'm done with this conversation," Jon went on and on and he soon stormed off.

Well sheesh, I thought that Jon would be somewhat supportive of what I was doing. I mean, he's known about me and Caleigh since the night the both of us met in California. And he never had a problem with it then, so I don't know why he's acting so pissy now. I will admit though, I do feel a tad bit guilty about everything I am putting Ashland through, but at the same time, I'm doing what will make me happy, stress free and healthy. And talking to Caleigh does exactly that for me.

Jon's POV:

Ugh, I cannot believe that Hardy had the absolute audacity to bring up my ex like that! I know good and well I already told him about everything that had went down between Anna and I. Or at least Ashland would've filled him in.. Well, there goes my good mood, hmph.

Speaking of Ashland, I knew I had to go and see her and check up on her before she had to go up on stage. She has a forty five minute set, and so do I. I sure hope she's okay. If I'm not mistaken, she's probably in her dressing room, putting the final touches on her outfit, hair, or makeup. All I know is that she looks stunning, per usual.

I rushed out of my own dressing room, leaving Hardy by himself and I looked at every door until I found the one that had Ash's name on it. I knocked once and I heard her call out from the room, "Come in!" I grinned and opened up the door, walking in. She had a lot of hipster and bohemian clothing. That's one of my favorite things about her; her sense of style. That and she's got one of the biggest hearts ever.

"Hey, Ashy! I missed ya. How is all of the getting dolled up thing goin' for ya? Presumably well?" I asked, shutting the door behind me. She had makeup products all over the vanity that was in the dressing room. That looked like a mess and a pain in the ass!

"Jonny boy, it's so great to see you again! Even though it hasn't been that long since I last seen you. Yeah, I just finished my makeup and this is my outfit for the show tonight. Whatcha think? I'd ask about Michael's opinion but I've been avoiding him as much as I can. Things might be headed south for us but I just need some time to clear my head and not constantly think of that and us two twenty four seven, you know?" Ashland asked me, spinning around slightly to show off her outfit. She looked beautiful, like she always does. She was so damn beautiful the day we met. I still remember that day as if it was yesterday.

{{her outfit ^}}

"You look incredible, best friend. Are you ready to own the night and stage? I totally get what and where you're comin' from. It's always good to have space, even from someone you love. Take that from me. When Anna and I were together, we both needed time and space away from one another. I pray that, uh, things go okay with you and Hardy.." I sighed as softly as I could, starting to make my way to the door so I could exit.

"Thank you, Langa. You okay? You seem stressed and uneasy. Did I say or do anything? Talk to me, Jon. Talk to me about anything and everything that's on your mind," Ashland then grabbed my shoulder, pushed me carefully back in the dressing room and lastly, shut the door.

"Nothing's on my mind. I was just makin' sure that I had everything I needed for the show tonight," I lied and she just laughed. "Now I know good and damn well you're not lying to me, Jon. I've been your best friend for over three years. I know when you're lying. Sit down in front of the vanity while I play with your hair and you tell me what's on your mind. Understood?"

I groaned in response as there was no use in lying. Ashland is and was right. We've been friends for three whole years and some odd months. But I can't come clean about my feelings. I can't do that. That will definitely put a strain on our friendship. Well that, and she's still with Hardy regardless of how the two of them may feel about one another right now.

I took a seat on the stool that was facing the vanity and I glanced at myself in the mirror, then up at Ashland, whom was standing behind me while I was seated. She took off the ball cap I was wearing, and suddenly a small grin formed across her lips and she carefully began to play with my hair. I was busy picking at some dead skin that was on my right index finger when she cleared her throat to I assume, clear the awkward silence between us two.

"Okay, Jon. We have our deal. You sit down and talk while I mess with your hair. What's on your handsome and absolutely wonderful and amazing mind of yours? Tell me whatever you want. Whatever you feel comfortable with."

I continued to pick at my finger until I took a deep breath in and out as I spilled a little bit of what was going on in my mind. And lemme tell ya, there's a lot of shit piled in my mind, and heart too..

"Honestly, Ash, there's so much crap in my brain, we'd be here for eternity if I actually could tell you what's on my mind. I've been worried sick ever since I told you about Hardy and his doings. I feel like a complete shitty friend for not being able to tell you sooner. He's been talkin' to that Caleigh girl for a while and I didn't mention it to you 'til yesterday because you and him seemed so happy and I thought he would've quit and gave up on the long distance relationship thing he has or had goin' on with her, but I see that hasn't stopped at all. And then I talked to him today and.. I told him a little bit about what happened with me and Anna, and he didn't give not one or two shits about it, and I even mentioned to him that he was doin' the same stuff to you that Anna did to me.. Ashland, I am so damn scared for you, your health and well-being. I swear to God if Hardy hurts you any more than what he's already doin', I will not hesitate to hurt him. You're my fucking best friend. I will not let anyone hurt you, at all," I told Ashland, my head hanging low as I didn't even want to look at myself after spilling out most of what was on my mind in that moment.

"Jonny boy, breathe. Just breathe for a second. I know you're scared and paranoid about me and Michael, I totally understand that and I really appreciate you being there for me and everything else in the last twenty four hours or however long it's been since you spilled the beans on what Michael has been doin'. That's besides the point though. Thank you, endlessly for having my back. You're not a shitty friend, if I was you, I would've probably kept it a secret too. Don't beat yourself up over it. Hell, you're not even the one that's doin' it so you have no reason to feel bad, responsible, guilty or anything like that. I love ya, JLang. Thank you for being the best friend I could ever ask for. I really do love you. Now, I have to go to soundcheck. I'll see you in a bit. You keep your head up, do you understand me?" She asked, planting a small kiss on the top of my brunette colored locks. In which, I nodded my head and put my cap back on, my cheeks as red as they could be.

"Wait, Ash.. I don't want you late for soundcheck but I gotta tell you somethin'. Do you mind staying back for just one quick sec?" My words came out faster than ever before.

"Umm, sure. I still have fifteen minutes to kill. What is it that you have to tell me? Remember, you can always run to me and tell me absolutely anything and everything, Jon. What's up?"

~ a cliffhanger?! yup, i definitely love you guys a lot, that i do. 😂💕 its true by the way. i really do love my followers and readers! :)

~ what do you guys think Jon is going to tell Ashland? i love to hear any kind of feedback and/or your thoughts!!

~ okay off topic but i have been enjoying this series and this is only chapter two. 😂 god, these characters are so great already!!!

~ if you guys enjoyed this chapter, lemme know, vote, comment and add this story to your library. thank you in advance!! 🤍💕

⌦ ⌦ ⌦ Next chapter loading.. ⌫ ⌫ ⌫

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 66 16
Megan Moroney always wanted to be a country music star and all her dreams come true when she gets a record deal from Big Loud to sing country music...
6.9K 287 60
It was unusual, the pull Ryan felt to Delilah. That want, that need to protect her and care for her.. it was strange. And he didn't like it, yet he c...
11.6K 423 26
Wednesday has just departed with his long time girlfriend. He's devastated. Winter has become a loner in the big city of Los Angeles. She longs for f...
10.3K 293 13
Book 4 of 4 Everyday we learn that these hard times, this pain, these lessons - one day they will be our strength, our awareness, our blessings and w...