mind games ⁀➷ s.j ✓

By jungwwdiary

kim shiyeon and sim jake never really got along. he would always flirt with her to piss her off, and she woul... More

0
characters
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10 (months)
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30.

11

2.3K 83 42
By jungwwdiary

"The movie was so epic!! Gosh, I would pay to see it all over again." Jake exclaims loudly as we all exit the theater together.

The movie was over after an hour and a half, and I have to admit; I enjoyed it the whole entire time I was sitting with Jake, which is so cringe for me to say.

The five of us left the movie theater and we went back into Sunghoon's car, all sitting in the same spots as earlier when we were on the way to the movies. We sat in the car without driving off since we were discussing where to eat and where to go next.

"Pork belly," Jake reminds us. "Let's eat pork belly and beef. We already decided!"

"Yeah. I want pork belly." I cross my arms, looking on my phone.

"But I want Japanese ramen. Let's eat ramen, guys." Heeseung looks at everyone, trying to convince us.

"Ramen does sound good.." Jake's voice trails off.

"God, Jake. You change your mind so easily." Sunghoon laughs. "You're easily so swayed left and right."

"I'm just... open-minded! Got a problem, ice prince?" Jake scoffs defensively.

"Ayyy.... Open-minded? You only succumb to what Shiyeon thinks!" Sunghoon sucks his teeth, bickering back.

"What the hell does 'succumb' even mean? Can you speak words I understand?" Jake crosses his arms to his chest.

"He's saying you always go with Shiyeon says and feels." Heeseung laughs wildly.

"Aren't you guys supposed to be best friends? You guys bicker like sworn enemies." I smirk at Jake and Sunghoon in amusement.

"I can say the same for you and Jay, Shiyeon!" Jake scrunches up his nose at me.

"Yeah. Don't be a hypocrite, Shiyeon." Sunghoon adds.

"Now you guys are on the same team, huh? What an interesting duo." Jay shakes his head while chuckling lowly, referring to Jake and Sunghoon.

"Is this what 2002 people do? Argue all day?" Heeseung says.

"Hyung, you're just a year older than all of us. You're talking like you're 34." Sunghoon deadpans.

"Alright, 02z maknae." Heeseung snickers.

"Speaking of, when's your birthday, Shiyeon?" Jake asks me.

"November 15. When's yours?" I respond.

"What? No way!!!! Mine is November 15, too!!!!" Jake gasps loudly.

"You guys are just finding out about this?" Jay rolls his eyes. "We've been known that you guys are meant to be. Same birthdays and everything."

"Is yours actually November 15, Shiyeon?" Jake's eyes widen largely.

"Yeah, it is. Why the hell would I lie about something like that, dumb ass?" I laugh.

"No way we have the same birthdays. That's so crazy, dude!" He exclaims excitedly.

"We should celebrate our birthdays together! You know, have a conjoined birthday." He puts his hand on my shoulder, giving it a quick squeeze.

"Oh my god. This dude is so in love that he wants to celebrate birthdays together." Sunghoon facepalms.

"Stop jumping to conclusions, Hoon. I just want to celebrate birthdays together because we share the same birthday, that's all. It would be fun." Jake scoffs, denying it all.

"Don't lie, Jake. You always liked the spotlight and attention on your birthday. Now you want to celebrate it with Shiyeon." Jay cackles.

"Jake's digging a deeper hole for himself RIGHT in front of her." Heeseung giggles.

I roll my eyes. "Can we figure out what to eat? Before I change my mind and go home instead."

"Yeah, guys. Hurry it up, we're wasting my car gas." Sunghoon says while turning on the heater.

"Can't we just eat pork belly and beef like we initially agreed on? Why are you guys being so difficult?" Jay sighs deeply.

"Because ramen sounds good, too. The restaurant is having a sale on all their ramen!" Heeseung exclaims. "We should totally eat ramen, instead."

"We all ate ramen yesterday. Why do you want it again, hyung?" Sunghoon looks at Heeseung.

"Because of the price!"

"Let's eat pork belly~ hurry, I'm hungry!" Jake whines.

"I hate you all. Sunghoon, just drive me home." I roll my eyes.

"Noooo! Don't go home, Shiyeon!" Jake pokes my arm.

"Tch. Lover boy." Jay snickers.

"We can go out to eat another time. I'm feeling kinda sick right now, anyway." I say to them.

"Alright. Let's all go home and eat by ourselves. We can go out and eat together another time." Sunghoon decides.

We all agree and Sunghoon first drives to my house to drop me off first. Jay decides to come over, so we both say our byes to the rest of the guys.

"Gosh. My back is killing me right now." Jay groans while I unlock the front door.

"I'll give you a massage." I say to him.

We head inside my home and after locking the door, Jay goes into the kitchen to grab some iced teas while I wait for him. Then, we go upstairs into my room. I quickly change into pajamas in the bathroom. I head back into my room to see Jay laying down, his stomach facing the bed while he's on his phone.

"God. It's so cold." I shiver, turning on the heat in my room.

"Where's Sunoo?" Jay says while scooting over, making room for me on the bed.

I lay down next to him on the bed and he flips his body, his back now facing the bed. I get under the blanket and begin to hug my stuffed animal while using my phone.

"He's out with Jungwon. I hope they cleaned up the kitchen." I sigh. "Or else they're all dead meat."

"Mm," he hums, moving his body closer to mine.

Jay rests his head on my shoulder while his arms were on top of me, using his phone over my upper chest/collarbone area comfortably.

"What did they make? I'm surprised they didn't burn your house down." Jay laughs softly.

"They made fish buns. They looked absolutely horrific." I snort.

"Did they taste good, though? Did you try it?" He asks me.

"It tasted pretty good, actually. The way they looked just made everything look super gross."

"They should all stay away from cooking or baking. It's for the best," Jay chuckles.

"I 1000% agree." I respond.

"I saw you and Jake at the movies. What was that all about? Looked like you two were cuddling it up." Jay begins playing with strands of my hair.

"I don't know. It wasn't intentional. We weren't actually cuddling or anything, but he put his head on me first. I didn't know what else to do." I say back.

"He really brought a blanket to a movie theater. What an idiot," Jay laughs lowly.

"That's what I said. It was funny. I was so taken aback when he pulled it out." I giggle.

"That dude's like, in love with you."

"For the love of God, will you guys stop saying that? It irks my soul, seriously." I roll my eyes.

"All jokes aside, though... I think he does like you. Really."

"There's no way that he does. We barely know each other. We went over this." I sigh.

"I'm glad you guys made up. I was days away from yelling at that guy for being so senseless and stupid. Thank gosh you guys talked it out in time." Jay says.

"Let's order something to eat. I'm starving." I change the subject.

"What do you want to order?" Jay picks up his phone from beside him.

"Let's eat fried chicken." I suggest.

"That sounds good. I'll order spicy rice cakes, too." Jay adds.

"Order some extra, so Sunoo can come home and eat later." I tell him.

"Okay... ordered." He says.

Jay's phone begins to ring so he picks up the call, adjusting the volume all the way highest.

"Yo. What's up?" Jay says to the phone.

"Where are you right now, Jay? Are you- ARE YOU ON TOP OF A GIRL?!" I can hear Jake shrieking.

Jay moves his phone so that both of us were in the frame.

"I'm with Shiyeon, dumb ass. Do you not remember Sunghoon dropping us off?"

"Ah... I forgot..." Jake chuckles awkwardly.

"Look at you two, mingled up like the best friends you are. Aren't you guys supposed to be enemies? Are you actually getting along at the moment?" Sunghoon pops behind Jake's shoulder.

"I'm surprised to see you so close and affectionate with Shiyeon, Jay. You're never touchy with anyone besides Jungwon." Sunghoon adds.

"I am NOT touchy with Jungwon. Don't spread bullshit." Jay scoffs.

"Suuuure..." I mutter sarcastically.

"Hey, what do you mean by that?! You guys are all liars." He rolls his eyes. "I'm not touchy with Jungwon. You guys are crazy."

"What's up? Why did you call?" Jay changes the topic.

"We were just bored. Wanted to call and bother you, but we won't, since you're with Shiyeon. We won't affect your bonding time together." Sunghoon answers.

"Yeah. You two have fun." Jake says.

Jake looks a bit more distant and less happy than earlier.

"Alright. Bye, you two." Jay says.

"Bye~" I coo, and Jay hangs up the FaceTime call.

"Jake's mood switched up. It's probably because he's jealous-"

"DON'T even start, Jongseong." I interrupt him, smacking his forehead.

"Whatever," Jay says, putting his leg on top of my legs.

"Keep being naive, Shiyeon. Definitely adds to your pretty-but-dumb character." He nuzzles his head on my shoulder.

"Hey! I'm not dumb, jack ass! Watch your mouth!" I yell at him.

Jay laughs out loud and pinches my cheek.

"I'm kidding, you're not dumb. Mostly." He chuckles.

"Bastard." I scoff.

"The food's here." Jay says after checking his phone.

Jay and I get up, going downstairs to get the food and we spend the rest of our afternoon together at my house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.4K 632 56
In midst of the three kingdoms lays a dark truth no one could've imagine. Kim Yeona, is forced to align her arranged marriage with an ally kingdom's...
11.5K 620 23
❝ 𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 a troubled girl is hopelessly in love with a cold-hearted boy ❞ [𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗱 ▸26/02/23] [𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗱 ▸21/07/23] /no translations...
1.5K 87 10
❝ For even sad birds sing ❞ Ripped mercilessly from her realm, Eru is forced to live amongst those who seek only to rid of and destroy her very root...
1.1M 45.4K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...