Haikyuu Oneshots And Theories

By AnxiouslyShipping

Purely for my enjoyment and hopefully yours too! .:*SHIPS*:. ~KageHina ~EnnoTana ~TsukiYama ~DaiSuga ~KiyoYac... More

Unexpected Emotions - {Kogagoshi}
Wrong Number -{Kogagoshi}
Bad Photos - {Iwaoi}
The Only One - {IwaOi}
Blossom - {Levyaku}
Different -{Terushou}
Superstar -{IwaOi}
Moonlight -{Tsukiyama}
Who? - {Kiyoyachi}
Secrets -{Sakuatsu}
You Should've Gone To Shiratorizawa... -[NISHINOYA THEORY]
Dinner Date -{Kogagoshi}
Best Friend -{Aofuta}
Oh -{Arankita}
Unfair -{Kyouhaba}
[S H I R A T O R I Z A W A H E A D C A N O N]
[K U N I K I N H E A D C A N O N S]
Caught -{Semishira}
Spider -{Kagehina}
Boys -{Torafuku}-
We Interrupt Your Programme To Bring You Self-Promotion
Challenges -{Terushou}
Challenges (BONUS) -{Terushou}
Sleeping Troubles -{Semishira}
Skater Boy -{Kyouhaba}
[K O G A G O S H I H E A D C A N O N S]
[A O F U T A H E A D C A N O N S]
[T E R U S H O U H E A D C A N O N S]
[T E R U S H O U H E A D C A N O N S - C O N T I N U A T I O N]
[ K O G A G O S H I H E A D C A N O N S ]
Late - {Kagehina}
-[KOGAGOSHI FANFIC ANNOUNCEMENT]-
"This Jacket Is Totally Mine..." -{KogaGoshi}
-[BOKUAKA/IWAOI/KUROKEN FANFIC ANNOUNCEMENT]-
Never Text Me Again - {Iwaoi}
Pride Meeting - {Kiyoyachi}
Jealousy -{Iwaoi}
[I W A O I H E A D C A N O N S]
Birthday -{Terushou}
My Dearest Opposite -{Tanaenno + Iwaoi}
Spanish -{Iwaoi}
Atsumu's Celebrity Crush -{IwaOi}
[A O B O J O S A I H E A D C A N O N S]
Ushijima Wakatoshi's Universe -{Ushiten}
Kitchen Shopping -{KageHina}
[S A K U A T S U H E A D C A N O N S]
An Important Request
New KyouHaba Fic!
Shirabu Art
[ K U R O K E N H E A D C A N O N S ]
[ K A R A S U N O H E A D C A N O N S ]
[S H I R A T O R I Z A W A H E A D C A N O N S]
Fifth Time's The Charm! -{Kyouhaba}

Wide Enough For Two -{Kogagoshi}

1K 25 15
By AnxiouslyShipping

This is a oneshot of mine from AO3 that I realised I had never uploaded here! (That's totally not a reason for you to follow my AO3 account, by the way-)

At the end of this oneshot, I will be doing a little bit of promotion for my AO3 account - you have been warned...

The umbrella of Goshiki Tsutomu had been through a lot. For starters, he had once used it to have a 'sword fight' with Yamagata at the third-year's leaving party. It had also once been used as a walking stick by Kawanishi for two months when he hurt his hip. It was a pretty incredible umbrella.

But, like most things would, it was broken by Tendou smashing it against the sidewalk while he was drunk. In the moment, Goshiki found it hilarious, probably since he was drunk too. However, in the morning, he realised that he didn't just have a serious hangover, he also had a very big problem.

A giant storm was forecasted to flood through Miyagi, to be pouring through the streets with cruel winds and harsh rain. Stores of all kinds had been sold out of coats across the entire town. Goshiki was lucky to even find a store with a coat four sizes too small.

Eventually, Goshiki accepted defeat. And that was how it all started.

The rain was pouring, almost attacking the pavement as Goshiki hesitated at the door of his bus. He could hear some sympathetic murmurs from other passengers and it made his ears go red. He didn't want their pity. He wanted a coat. Carefully, he took one foot off the bus, gingerly avoiding a puddle. The shelter of the bus stop was only half a metre away. Of course he could get there without getting soaked.

Once both his feet were out of the bus, he quickly hurried under the bus stop. The water was already beginning to seep through his jacket and he could feel goosebumps rippling up his arm.

"You're kidding," he groaned, shouldering off his team jacket. "I should've just called in a taxi..."

Goshiki started to adjust his jacket, holding it over his head in the form of a very shitty makeshift covering. With a sigh, he moved his phone into his trouser pocket - sadly, his keys wouldn't fit in too. He'd just have to hope that they wouldn't fall out.

Goshiki made his way to the edge of the bus stop and sighed again. "Here goes nothing," he muttered to himself. Then he stepped out into the storm.

The wind blew cold rain into his face and nearly rushed his jacket from his hands, forcing Goshiki to tighten his grip. It wasn't hard to walk, though - luckily, Goshiki didn't have to force his feet forwards like they did in cartoons.

After a solid fifteen minutes of dragging himself through the storm, the winds died down. Goshiki could loosen his grip a bit on his jacket and wipe the water from his face. Although it was still raining, at least it wasn't attacking him from all sides.

Goshiki kept going, noting how heavy his jacket was getting. "Great," he muttered. Then, something happened.

Although he could still see the rain ahead of him, his fingers were no longer feeling the droplets.

He looked up and saw the beaming face of his friend looking at him, holding a large umbrella above them.

"Kogane?" He exclaimed, a little surprised.

"Hey, 'Shiki!" Kogane greeted. "You look like a drowned bird!"

The comment made Goshiki frown. "Do I really look that bad?"

"'Fraid so! Are you okay?" Kogane smiled.

Goshiki sighed, tentatively lowering his jacket and shaking off a puddle of water that had formed. "Tendou-san broke my umbrella yesterday and I've never invested in coats properly."

Kogane hummed sympathetically. "Well, my umbrella is wide enough for two! Want me to walk you home, ' Shiki? I'm pretty sure your place is on the way to mine."

Goshiki blinked at him, then smiled. "That would be great. Thank you."

"Anytime!"

Their walk was filled with easy conversation and comfortable silences. Goshiki tied his team jacket around his waist, not prepared to put it on while it was soaked through and through - he had too much self respect for that. All in all, the walk home with Kogane was very enjoyable. Except for one thing.

Koganegawa Kanji's wet hair was making Goshiki question all of his standards.

Usually, Kogane's hair was mildly ridiculous. The three antenna-like black streaks stood up in a way that resembled Psyduck and the rest seemed like a messy, tiny, blonde pyramid. Late at night, Goshiki had sometimes thought about it in his sleep-deprived state, wondering how long it would take him to style it like that and what went through his head as he did it. In other words, Goshiki had never really noticed Kogane's hair in such detail until it had been soaked by the rain.

He looked a whole lot hotter. Regularly, he'd run a hand through it, to sweep it from his face, and every time, without fail, Goshiki would blush a little. It framed his face perfectly and it certainly made Goshiki question even more than usual how Kogane was still single.

By the time Goshiki and Kogane reached Goshiki's house, Goshiki definitely didn't want Kogane leave him. So he stalled.

"Thanks for walking me back home," he said, with the warmest smile he could manage as he stepped inside his house, keeping the door open.

Kogane pushed his hair back again and effortlessly smiled back. "Of course, it was no problem."

Goshiki tightened his grip a little on his door handle. "Would you like to come in?" He offered nervously.

Surprised, Kogane tilted his head slightly. "Why?"

Goshiki fidgeted on the balls of his feet, glancing at Kogane's shoes as he face burned. "Well, y-you might want to dry off before heading home. And you're gonna wanna warm up to avoid catching a cold."

Kogane stared at him, and slowly turned red too. "If you're sure. That would be lovely."

"You're welcome. C'mon, get inside. Let me take your coat for you."

Kogane stepped inside the house, shaking off his umbrella and closing it outside. Goshiki took it from him, sliding it in an umbrella holder, next to his broken one, and then he slipped his hands to the zip of Kogane's coat, undoing it for him and then helping it off his friend's shoulders. He took it from him, hanging it up on a rail and then shut the front door. Goshiki didn't see Kogane's flustered face as he helped.

"Sorry for making you walk home with me," Goshiki needlessly apologized, taking off his own sports jacket to hang it up next to Kogane's coat. His t-shirt was soaked but he still managed to beam at his guest. "I'd probably be half-drowned if you hadn't come to my rescue."

"U-uh, no problem!" Kogane hurriedly answered, going redder. "I didn't mind at all!"

Goshiki smiled and then walked further into the house, inviting Kogane to follow him. He was completely unaware if the way Kogane stared after him and was even more oblivious that, to Kogane, this was probably the best thing that had ever happened to him.

After all, Kogane had always had a crush on Goshiki Tsutomu. Ever since the training camp at Shiratorizawa, so long ago, Kogane had liked him. That was why he had helped him when he saw Goshiki trudging through the rain. Just being close to him made his heart warm and do funny flips in his chest.

Throughout the walk, he had been aware of Goshiki's eyes flickering over to him regularly. He hoped it was a good sign. He had expected a lot of things to come from the walk - accidental hand touches, a hesitant goodbye at Goshiki's door and a text late at night. He had not expected Goshiki to invite him to stay until he was comfortable to leave, he hadn't expected to say yes so readily to the embarrassed look on Goshiki's face and he certainly hadn't expected Goshiki to then take off his coat for him. That was probably what had messed with his head the most. He could still sense where Goshiki's fingers had brushed his chest and arms and he could not get it out of his head.

Meanwhile, unaware of Kogane's gay crisis, Goshiki was cranking up the heating.

"It's really cold, isn't it?" Goshiki commented brightly. "The house will warm up in a sec. I might go and change my clothes quickly, or I'll get sick. Do you mind?"

Kogane smiled, briefly running a hand through his wet hair, not noticing the way Goshiki's eyes followed the movement and the small slump in his shoulders. "I don't mind," he promised. "I might just turn the TV on, if that's okay with you."

"Oh, that's fine," Goshiki assured brightly, standing up a little straighter. "I've got Netflix, Prime, some video games... Chose whatever you'd like! I'll be down in a minute."

Goshiki waved a goodbye briefly before heading up the stairs, with Kogane watching him leave.

Quickly snapping himself to his senses, Kogane spun on his heel, steeling himself. He was not going to have a gay crisis at his crush's house - it was probably bad manners.

Kogane walked away from the staircase and made his way into Goshiki's living room, sitting down on a soft, cloth couch. It was saturated purple in colour and the pillows were a square assortment of blacks and whites. It was all moderately sinky, but there was a springy firmness to it that stopped it from enveloping him in a pile of softness. On the armrest, Kogane spotted the TV remote and a controller.

"I guess I can play some video games," hummed Kogane to himself, grabbing them.

So, that was how Goshiki found him fifteen minutes later, playing an easy first-player shooter against the AI, leaning forwards intently. Goshiki smiled a little at the intensity on his face and quietly walked over to him, climbing onto the sofa without making a sound.

For a few minutes, his arrival went unnoticed, so Goshiki said, "hey, you're good at this game, have you played it before?"

Kogane shook his head in response, briefly glancing over to his friend before turning back to the screen. Then he did a double take, this time proceeding to stare a little at Goshiki. His character died almost immediately but he didn't seem to notice.

"Hi," he managed to mumble. "You look... nice."

Goshiki laughed a little, leaning back across the couch and resting his head on some pillows. "Thanks. It's just jeans and a sweater but they're really comfy." He nodded at the television. "You died."

Kogane instantly looked back at the screen, to see that he had respawned. "Oh, I did. Dammit." He grinned at Goshiki lightheartedly. "You distracted me."

"Maybe you just suck," Goshiki teased, sticking out his tongue.

Kogane gasped. "I do not suck! I was actually doing an excellent job until you arrived!"

Goshiki laughed. "Of course you were. Just don't lower my kill average, you loser."

"Hmph, mean," Kogane turned back to the screen, giving it his attention once more.

The conversation died out easily, leaving the only sounds to be from the television. The quietness let Goshiki's mind travel and it decided that, today, his train of thought would be Koganegawa.

Goshiki knew he was staring at him. He didn't even wish he wasn't. Goshiki just wished Kogane would be staring at him too. He had put thought in his outfit before coming downstairs - he wanted to look as huggable and soft as possible. At first, it seemed to be working but now Kogane was just playing the game again. It made Goshiki want his attention once more. He had enough courage to do something for attention. All he needed was a way to get it.

That was when he spotted his laptop, on a small table by Kogane's armrest, along with his wallet. Perfect...

As casually as he could, Goshiki crawled across the couch, reaching Kogane. This made his friend look up at him but Goshiki resolutely kept his eyes averted. He moved under Kogane's arms to get through, blocking his vision slightly. With one hand being placed on Kogane's knee, Goshiki reached out with his other, snatching up his wallet and dropping it on Kogane's lap. Then, he reached out a little further and managed to snag his laptop too, bringing it back to him.

He worked his way out from under Kogane's arms and sat next to him, opening up his laptop and plucking his wallet from Kogane's lap, still not making eye contact.

Needless to say, he had Kogane's attention now. "Wha-what was that for?" Kogane breathed, his face incredibly red.

"I thought we could order noodles or something," Goshiki lied smoothly, resting his head on Kogane's shoulder comfortably. His hair was still cool and wet, and it tickled the side of face. "Does that sound okay to you?"

Kogane's character died again, even though he was just a few steps out of the respawn shelter. "Um. Yes. I-it sounds great. You could've just said something..."

"Sorry," Goshiki smiled apologetically. "I didn't want to distract you."

Kogane blushed harder. Goshiki had done more than just distract him and Kogane had the feeling he wasn't as sorry as he pretended to be. So, slightly out of spite and slightly out of always wanting to do it, He wrapped an arm around Goshiki's shoulder, pulling him in closer and resting his chin on Goshiki's head.

"It's alright," he murmured, gently stroking Goshiki's arm with his thumb. "What noodles are we getting?"

Goshiki flushed and his fingers hesitated over his keyboard. "Um," he laughed a little, "uh... what do you want?"

"Chinese?"

"Sure. Chinese."

Goshiki typed through the order and Kogane kept gently stroking his arm. He let out a gentle sigh, feeling his heartbeat grow faster and faster in his chest. Slowly, his other arm wrapped around Goshiki, pulling him in even closer, until Goshiki's head rested in the crook of his neck. Kogane could feel the warmth of his friend's face against his skin.

"Thanks for inviting me in," he said softly, eyes falling closed slightly yet he didn't let himself grow tired.

"You're welcome," Goshiki whispered back gently, pushing himself as close as possible into Kogane. His breath tickled Kogane's neck and it made the taller boy wish it would never end. It made him wish it would keep raining forever, so Goshiki would never have to leave his arms.

It seemed, for an hour at least, that his wish had come true. Neither had fidgeted as they stayed cuddled close together, Kogane's arms enveloping Goshiki, while Goshiki breathed in the scent of Kogane. Then, the doorbell rang, making Goshiki start, pulling away from Kogane.

They both stared at each other, faces red.

"Hey, um, Goshiki?" Kogane began, trying to bring back the moment. "I think that I l-"

"I'll go get that," Goshiki yelped over him, pulling out of Kogane's hold hurriedly. "I don't want to leave that poor person in the rain!"

Kogane blinked and he softly fell back into the couch, looking at the floor. "Right."

"I'll be right back," Goshiki promised awkwardly, before leaving him alone.

As Goshiki talked to the delivery boy, he mentally screamed at himself. Why did he do that? What the fuck did it achieve? Why couldn't he have just let Kogane say it? Surely Kogane was going to have said it, right? It had been the perfect moment until Goshiki panicked. Accepting the food, Goshiki closed the door and sighed. He had to fix this...

.:*:.

By the time the two had finished their meal together, most of the awkwardness had blown off. However, Kogane now had a goal set for the rest of the evening. Tonight, he was going to tell Goshiki that he liked him and he was going to ask Goshiki to go on a date with him. Now he just needed an excuse stay longer.

So Kogane made a big fuss when he started checking his jeans pockets, catching Goshiki's attention.

"What's the problem?" Goshiki asked.

"I can't find my keys," Kogane responded with fake worry his voice. "Where did you put my coat?"

Goshiki frowned in concern. "It should be hanging up by the door," he answered helpfully.

"Thanks," Kogane smiled briefly and left the room for half a minute, only to come back in with an annoyed scowl on his face. "I must've left my keys at home. I'll have to text Futakuchi to bring in the spares so I can head back for the night-"

This, to Goshiki, was an opportunity. "You don't have to!" He said quickly. "You can stay here for the night! I don't mind!"

Kogane resisted the urge to grin at the sight of his plan working. "Really? Are you sure?"

"Of course," promised Goshiki. "I don't mind at all!"

"Thank you," Kogane smiled. "I guess I'll sell on the couch-?"

"No!" Goshiki blurted out suddenly. The house went quiet and Goshiki turned bright red. "I-I mean, you can share with me? I-it'd be warmer..."

"Oh," Kogane blushed. "If you're sure."

Goshiki nodded mutely. That was how they ended up lying next to each other on Goshiki's bed, both staring at the ceiling.

Similar to the couch, Goshiki's bed was springy and soft. The duvet was feathered and it lay across Kogane lightly, keeping him feeling snug and warm. Goshiki's entire bedroom actually seemed very snug. It was large, yet it didn't feel empty. The radiators had made the air warm and raindrops splattered against the window with a rhythmic pattern, that seemed to lull Kogane into sleep.

The mood, although comfortable, felt awkward and Kogane need the mood to be perfect if he was going to ask. So, with no warning, he hugged Goshiki against his chest, burying his face into Goshiki's black hair.

"You were right," he mumbled, his thumb stroking Goshiki's cheek. "This is warmer..."

Goshiki hesitated briefly but then he slipped his arms around Kogane to, using it to tug him closer. "It is," he whispered into Kogane's chest. "I like it..."

Kogane's fist tightened against Goshiki's back determinedly and he used the hand resting on Goshiki's face to take hold of his chin and pull his head up softly. When their eyes met, it all seemed to slow down - the sound of the rain, the hum of the radiator, their heartbeats beating together. All of it seemed to drag to a stop as Kogane stared into Goshiki's beautiful eyes. And then, in sync, they both leaned in to kiss each other.

It was one kiss, the first kiss they shared with each other, but it was enough to send their blood racing and their hearts pounding. Goshiki's hands quickly moved up to the back of Kogane's head, with a brief gasp for air before diving into it again, his chest pushing against Kogane's as their legs intertwined together.

Eventually, they broke apart, both breathless, with their cheeks flushed, staring at each other in the darkness.

"Uh, hey, Goshiki," Kogane began. "I think that I love you. D-do you like too?"

Goshiki blinked at him, then laughed a little, letting his head drop. Softly, he planted a few slow, loving kisses against Kogane's neck, knotting his hands in Kogane's hair.

"I don't like you, Kogane," he murmured against his friend's neck, prompting Kogane to frown in confusion.

"You just kissed me, though. And my neck. You just kissed my neck. A lot."

"Not because I like you," Goshiki explained, sitting up a little. "Because I love you."

Despite the darkness of the room, Goshiki saw Kogane's slow smile spread across his face. "Will you go on a date with me?"

Goshiki smiled down at him. "Once I've bought a new umbrella."

"You don't need a new umbrella," Kogane answered, propping himself up on his elbows. "Mine's wide enough for two."

Okay, you were warned about this... here we go! 

If you want to, my AO3 account is AnxiouslyShipping, just like this one. I have a lot more Haikyuu fics there, including 'Fashion Disaster', which is a slow burn SemiShira fic, 'Prince Of Miyagi', a somewhat slow burn KyouHaba fanfic, which is inspired by the song, 'Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air', as well as a KogaGoshi fantasy AU, called 'Godhunt'.

I've also (very recently) uploaded a whole new fanfiction, called 'Ushiwaka and The Princes of Power | Ushiwaka Rises (Like Milkbread)'. It's a She-Ra AU and I worked on it with my girlfriend.

Obviously, you don't have to check it out but all Haikyuu fanfiction will be uploaded there until the books are complete, then they will be copied over onto Wattpad. I hope you didn't mind this little promotion, by the way.

I hope you liked the oneshot! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13K 265 36
Kurotsukki not tsukiyama! This is going to be majorly Kurotsuki but the ships are teruyama and kenhina. If you dont like it leave. I will be doing mo...
19.1K 632 41
This is basically a story with various versions of the Haikyuu characters using social media. This includes chats, posts, and updates. From time to t...
1.4K 28 13
These are random ass ships I love so much but some are extremely underrated 😭 MOSTLY KUGUSHIBA!!
54.2K 915 25
Haikyuu genderbend story, hope you guys enjoy. Please vote and comment. Thank you.❤❤❤🤗🤗🤗🌟🌟🌟