mind games ⁀➷ s.j ✓

By jungwwdiary

kim shiyeon and sim jake never really got along. he would always flirt with her to piss her off, and she woul... More

0
characters
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10 (months)
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30.

8

2.3K 88 60
By jungwwdiary

I was just done getting ready to hang out with the guys. Right now it was about 2:40, and I just finished changing into my outfit and doing my makeup.

I let my hair down from the pony tail I had it in and grabbed my bag that had my stuff inside, putting on my shoes and going downstairs.

My brother, Riki, and Jungwon were in the kitchen making some sort of dessert together.

"Sunoo! I'm going out soon- what the hell is that?" I walk into the kitchen with them.

"What the hell are you guys making?" My eyes widen.

"Noona!" Riki laughs loudly.

"It's a fish bun!! You can't see it?" Jungwon exclaims, showing me his attempted fish bun.

"It looks like mud." I deadpan.

"We're been working so hard on these fish buns. Some have red bean filling, green tea filling, and cheese filling! Doesn't that sound yummy, noona?" Sunoo squeals cutely to me.

"Here. Have a bite." Sunoo holds up one of the buns.

I reluctantly take a bite of his deformed fish bun and is automatically greeted by the sweet taste of red bean in my mouth. Chewing, I smile at them as they're all staring at me, waiting for my reaction.

"It's actually really good."

My response makes the three boys gasp and squeal in excitement, high-fiving each other in proudness.

"You're dressed up prettily, noona. Where are you going?" Jungwon asks me.

"I'm going to the movies with Jay and the other guys." I answer.

"No invite? So mean," Sunoo pouts his lips.

"Yeah! Let us come, too!" Riki exclaims.

"It's Rated R. 18+, sorry guys." I giggle.

The doorbell rings and Sunoo goes to get the door while I'm standing at the counter with the other boys.

"Hyung!" I hear Sunoo shout.

Assuming it was Jay, I don't turn my head to look.

"Hey guys."

Well, that is definitely not Jay's voice.

I look and see Jake standing there. He looks me up and down and studies my outfit. He was wearing ripped jeans, a white shirt and a blue-grey flannel over it.

As expected.

He's a frat boy.

Flannels, baseball caps, ripped jeans.. he has everything a frat boy needs.

He pulls it off, though.

Surprisingly, he makes it look attractive.

We make eye contact with each other for a brief few seconds, then look away.

"Are you guys going on a date?" Riki gasps.

"No." I immediately reply.

"Yeah, we aren't. The guys are coming, too." Jake says as well.

"Hyung, make sure you protect my sister. There's a lot of creeps out there!" Sunoo exclaims.

"Yeah, don't worry." Jake and I make eye contact again for another second.

"Aren't we supposed to meet at the cafe? Why are you here?" I ask Jake.

"Huh...? Jay told me to meet you guys here.." Jake mutters in confusion.

"What?" I chuckle. "We said in the afternoon that we'd meet at the cafe."

"I wasn't paying attention in the afternoon. Jay told me to meet you all here." Jake scratches his head, clueless.

"Let me call that dumb ass." I say, pulling out my phone.

I dial Jay's number and he picks up seconds later. I put the call on speaker, so Jake can listen.

"Hey, idiot! Aren't we supposed to meet at the cafe?" I ask Jay through the phone.

"Yeah. Why?" Jay answers.

"Then why the fuck am I at Shiyeon's house? You told me we were meeting here! Where are you guys?" Jake shouts.

"Hey! Language. The kids are around." I glare at Jake.

"Oh... did I? Ahaha.. sorry.." Jay forces out a chuckle, making it sound awkward and fake.

"What the fu-" I smack Jake's arm, preventing him from swearing in front of the boys again.

Jake looks at me with a sheepish grin, holding his arm in defense.

That was cute.

What?

Who the fuck said that?

Gross.

Whoever said that has a really bad taste in men.

"Did you set me up, Jay?" Jake says to Jay.

"No!" Jay shouts through the phone. "I'm not an evil person."

"Yes, you are." Jake and I say in unison.

"I guess you have no choice but to walk to the cafe together. Right?" I hear Sunghoon's voice.

"You fuckers- did you guys set us up?!" I exclaim.

"Hey. No swearing." Jake childishly smirks at me.

"Shut up, Jake." I roll my eyes.

"Are you guys trying to play love doctors? It's not working very well." Jungwon shouts, talking to the guys in the phone.

"Love doctors? Psh. Wait, is that Jungwon? Hey, Jungwon!" Jay exclaims happily.

"It's almost 3. Can you guys hurry up?" Heeseung's voice appears through the phone.

"Fine." I groan.

"Alright. We're on the way." Jake says.

I hang up the call and put my phone back into my bag.

"Sunoo, guys, we'll be off now. Try not to make a bigger mess in the kitchen, alright?" I give each of the three boys a quick hug.

"Have fun, noona, hyung!" Jungwon exclaims cutely.

"Get home safely, noona. Jake hyung, make sure you protect her!" Sunoo points his finger at Jake.

"Bye, guys." Riki waves.

Jake and I leave the house and awkwardly walk to the cafe together, the awkward silence slowly killing me.

We still weren't on good terms or anything; we haven't talked since the argument we had, so things were super awkward between us.

"Hey, uh.." Jake clears his throat.

I look at him silently, waiting for him to say something.

"I'm sorry about what happened a few days ago. I don't know what got over me. I know I threw really hurtful words at you and I'm sorry about that." He adds.

"I said everything out of frustration and anger. I didn't mean to take it out on you. I'm sorry, Shiyeon."

I gulp.

"It's okay. I'm sorry, too." I respond.

"Really? So you're not pissed at me anymore?" Jake's eyes light up, looking like a happy puppy.

"Yeah. I'm not." I shake my head.

"Let's go!!!" He exclaims excitedly.

I chuckle in awe.

That was cute.

What the hell?

Again??

Whoever is possessing my mind... please stop.

Ghost Kevin?

"How are you feeling today, Shiyeon?" Jake asks me while walking together.

"I'm okay. Still a bit eerie about the whole incident at school, but... I'm sure hanging out with you and the guys will help distract me." I explain to him.

"Yeah, I'm sorry you're feeling upset. I get why, though. I'm sure the guys are really grateful you're safe. I am, too." He looks at me with soft eyes.

"Thanks, Jake." I say with a soft smile.

"Keep smiling. It looks good on you." He says to me.

I was about to flip him off for being flirty, but when I looked at him, his smile and eyes were still soft and warm; they looked genuine, not cocky and flirty. This totally took me by surprise, and I felt a weird feeling in my stomach because of it.

"T-Thanks, Jake..." I suddenly stutter.

Fuck!!

Why did I just stutter?

Why am I flustered right now?

"You're welcome, Shiyeon."

"We're here." Jake says.

We arrived at the cafe and I was able to shake away the weird feeling once seeing the other guys after walking in.

"Finally. You guys walk like sloths!" Jay exclaims.

"Hey, Shiyeon." Jay smiles at me.

"Yo." I reply.

"I bought you a coffee. It's your favorite, vanilla sweet cream cold brew." Jay looks at me, handing me a coffee.

"Thank you!" I exclaim happily, inserting the straw and taking a sip.

I reach out the coffee to Jay so he can take a sip, and he does, then pulls away.

"You guys didn't fight on the way here, right?" Sunghoon looks at Jake and I with a small grin.

"Of course they did. They were alone, they were bound to have arguments." Heeseung snorts.

"We didn't, actually." I say to them.

"Yeah," Jake looks at me with a small smile. "We didn't fight or anything. Surprisingly."

"That's a first." Jay's eyebrows raise.

"This is revolutionary. Jake and Shiyeon getting along? Wow." Heeseung giggles.

"Let's get going. My car's ready heating up, and we shouldn't be late to the movies." Sunghoon picks up his car keys from the table.

We all leave the cafe and get into Sunghoon's car. Unfortunately I had to sit in between Jake and Jay, while Heeseung called shot gun and Sunghoon drove.

Putting on our seatbelts, we drive off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 69.4K 53
Trapped in a kingdom of Isolation, Elsa was never accepted by the people in her kingdom. She never had a proper childhood. She never experienced love...
11.5K 620 23
❝ 𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 a troubled girl is hopelessly in love with a cold-hearted boy ❞ [𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗱 ▸26/02/23] [𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗱 ▸21/07/23] /no translations...
72.5K 1.5K 8
❝ Our destiny is a damned mistake. ❞ A relationship full of lies, that's what theirs was. One's a player and the other one's a trickster. When a miss...
4.4K 186 46
"𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮.....𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐚 𝐛𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐨...