Skinny Love

By hiraeth3666

Emerson Taylor, straight A student. Everyone knows her name. She has the popularity and the looks and the ath... More

Introduction
1.| First Day
2.| Practice
3.| Coach
4.| Miss Taylor?
5.| Game
6.| Tacos
7.| Birthday
8.| Sick
9.| Party
10.| My place
11.| Chick Flic
13.| Footballs and Babies
14.| Ref
15.| Car
16.| Halloween Party
17.| Side Porch
18.| The Zone
19.| I Love You
20.| Jayden
21.| Phone Call
22.| Megan
23. Bet
24.| Blue Moon
25.| Knock Knock
26.| Graduation
27.| End
28: 𝘽𝙤𝙣𝙪𝙨

12.| Meeting

1.8K 41 48
By hiraeth3666

♡︎Emerson♡︎

This day sucks, today sucks.

I don't know why today sucks, I've got nothing. It's just a sucky day.

The sky is gloomy, which I love. This isn't helping my case, huh?

Fall is my favorite damn season. I love it with everything in me.

I love the colors and how to weather is not to hot but not to cold.

I love the hot chocolate and whipped cream.

I love the movies marathons and limited edition candles.

I love the fall, but most of all I love spending it with you.

I love falling for you.

Shit, I'm a poet.

I'm excepting my Grammys now.

Place and time. I'll be there.

Today isn't a Sunday, which I'm very happy about, it's actually a Wednesday, which is not be legal. I hate Sundays, sure they're a weekend day but what is the point of Sundays? You can't stay up late because there's school the next day and even if you wanted to or felt like going out on such a stupid day, everything closes early.

Sundays are such a rip off. I swear to whatever god is out there, I do not like Sundays.

If I could commit a crime, I'd do it on a Wednesday. Wednesday are very pleasing days to me. Everything is even, it's a hump day. I love saying that. Today's a Wednesday. I will not be committing any crimes today, don't worry. Probably. Yeah.

Wednesday is definitely blue. A lot of people contradict that and say it's green, but that's not true. Tuesday is green.

Tuesday could also be light pink, I'm not entirely sure yet.

But, I do know that Friday is grape flavored and guys named 'Simon' and bananas give off the same energy.

Guys named 'Jackson' and rice. Don't question it. When I think rice I think of someone named Jackson I don't know.

A towel and a planting pot. Literally the same thing.

English is green, and math is red. End of discussion.

Football and ramen.

Yeah.

Wait no.

✈︎_ _ _ _ _ _ _

"Soo, when are you planning on going to Ivor or JJ's house again?" My mom asks.

"Oh, I don't know it's the middle of the week. Whenever we all plan on hanging out again I guess."

"Oh okay," she smiles.

"Hey mom?"

"Yes honey?"

"It's okay if you're ready to date. You don't have to hide it from me."

She looks up at me, smiling uncontrollably with a different glimmer in her eyes. "Really?"

"Mhm," I smile, looking down and continuing on my math homework.

"How long have you known?" She asked.

"A couple weeks," I say, finishing my last math problem and putting the sheet into my folder.

"I'd like you to met him." She said, sitting across from me.

"Tom?," her eyes go wide, "sure." I finish, smiling.

"Sooo, you know everything," she laughs.

"Not everything," I joke.

She laughs, "And you're not mad?"

"Of course not."

A lot of people wouldn't like their mother dated another man less than 2 years after their father died. But, I don't really care. If she wants to date and has met someone she likes enough for me to meet, then I don't really care.

"When can I meet him?"

✈︎_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Well shit.

When I asked my mom when I could met him, I didn't expect her to call him and make plans to have dinner tonight.

I don't even know what I'm going to wear. Oh no. I'm meeting my mom's boyfriend for the first time and I am going to ruin it.

Ding.

Saved by the text.

Mr. Ivor Elio Hill: Hey, we're going to JJ's you in

Me: shoot i cant tonight sorry

Mr. Ivor Elio Hill: Nah it's ok

Mr. Ivor Elio Hill: Big plans?

Me: i'm meeting my moms boyfriend

Mr. Ivor Elio Hill: Oh shit

Mr. Ivor Elio Hill: Well, have fun?

Mr. Ivor Elio Hill: Sorry I don't know what else to say

Me: it's fine lol i just have to go

Mr. Ivor Elio Hill: Ok, bye Em

Me: Bye Iv

I should probably tell Ryden about Tom.

Tom's last name is Rivera. Yep, that's right Tom Rivera. I don't know if I like Rivera.

Charlotte Rivera.

That has a ring to it. That's if he puts a ring on it.

Me: hey

Ryle 💀: heyyyyy

Me: im having dinner with my moms boyfriend tonight

Ryle 💀: WHAT

Ryle 💀: ARE YOU OK

Me: yep im actually fine

Me: i just have no idea what to wear

Ryle 💀: ill be there in 10

Me: you. are. a. life. saver.

Ryle 💀: i'm well aware 👹

✈︎_ _ _ _ _ _ _

"So where are you guys going?"

I tell her the name of the restaurant Tom is taking my mom and I, which happens to be one of the most expensive in the town.

"Shiiiii so he's like rich rich."

"He's a neurosurgeon." I say gingerly.

"Damnnnn, let's find you something nice to wear then."

✈︎_ _ _ _ _ _ _

It only took Ry 3 minutes to find an outfit I couldn't.

I have 20 minutes.

"Okay I'll let you get ready. Send me pics when you're done." She smiled, grabbing her stuff and leaving my room.

"Of course."

It's a white, slightly ruffled / folded dress paired with a gold chain. My earrings are little diamond studs. Also from my dad, 14th birthday.

The shoes were a little more difficult to pick, but we went with the most expensive heals I own. They were a 15th birthday present from my dad.

When I say expensive, damn I mean expensive.

And lastly the other birthday present from my dad for my 15th birthday. My most expensive, and least used purse.

When I say expensive, damn I mean expensive.

My 15th birthday, my dad went all freaking out. Designer shoes. And a designer handbag. Like, holy shit I thanked him for months after that.

✈︎_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Makeup was surprisingly easy. Like surprisingly.

I don't know if I like it. It might be too dark for the dress. I don't know, I'm kind of freaking out.

What if he doesn't like me?
What if he ends up breaking up with my mom because I was the deal breaker?
What if- stop.

What- Stop.

Stop.

I'm leaving my hair down, it's naturally slightly wavy and I added a little bit of curl so it looks good enough.

I'm freaking out. Currently, waking down the stairs to my mother and freaking out.

We're meeting him there, so he's not picking us up.

I'm nervous I think. It's the kind of nervous you can feel in the pit of your stomach.

"Oooooo, you look amazing!" My mom said, that's the same thing Ry said.

I smiled, focusing on my legs. It's something my doctor or physiatrist told me to do.

The scars littering my knee, very out there.

"You ready?" She asks me, smiling. She looks amazing.

"Mhm," I nervously hum, "you look gorgeous."

"Oh hush."

✈︎_ _ _ _ _ _ _

"Emerson," I say, shaking Tom's hand.

"Tom," he smiles.

We all sit down, mom next to Tom and me across from the both of them.

I don't know where to start, this is very awkward. Okay. I don't know what to do. Shit. Someone say something please.

"I heard you are quite the basketball coach." Tom breaks the silence, his hand interlocked with my mom's.

"Oh yeah, I love the team it's fun being able to still be involved with basketball even though I can't play." Shit. Was that good? I don't know. Did I talk too much?

Table falls back under a silence before my mom is the one who speaks up this time.

"Emerson is a straight A student." She informs him, desperately trying to get someone to speak. I hate small talk.

"Really. Do you have any idea what you want to do?" He smiles.

"I haven't really had the time to think about it but I think I want to major in English."

"That's nice." He smiles again. Does his mouth not hurt?

The waiter finally comes to our table for drink orders and breaks the silence.

Conveniently, this is an Italian restaurant so I know exactly what I want.

Mom and Tom order some kind of light alcohol and I find myself wishing I was 21.

I order a sprite to keep it simple and look over at the waiter who was walking away at this point.

He sounded like he wasn't completely great with English, maybe I'll order in Italian.

"He sounded like he was struggling," Tom said sympathetically.

"Do you guys know what you're planning to order?" I asked them both.

They both told me what they wanted to eat and I nodded.

"Why do you ask?" My mom starts before the waiter comes back with our drinks.

"What can I get you guys to eat?" He said through broken English.

"Possiamo per favore avere un po' di polenta e focaccia per la tavola, ossobuco, lasagne al forno al pesto e spaghetti alla carbonara?"
(Can we please have some polenta and focaccia for the table, osso buco, baked lasagna with pesto, and spaghetti carbonara?)

The waiters eyes went wide as he wrote down our order, "Ovviamente signorina!"
( Of course Miss!)

"Grazi!" I responded, smiling.
(Thank you!)

"Sei il benvenuto! Il tuo cibo uscirà presto per te!" He smiled again, walking away and towards what I assume to be the kitchen.
(You are very welcome! Your food will be out shortly!)

Tom got the osso buco, which I don't know if he'll like or not. My mom got the baked lasagna and pesto, it definitely doesn't make me mad that she always takes the lasagna and coveres it with pesto sauce but that's okay.

And I got the spaghetti carbonara. Basic I know sit the heck up.

"Wow! I didn't know you speak a different language!" Tom said happily.

"Sì, my father was Italian." I informed his happily.
(Yes,)

"That's so cool!" He said. My mothers smile grew more and more by the second.

"Sì." Sometimes, when I'm speaking, the Italian just filters in and out or some words come out in Italian, it's quite entertaining.
(Yes.)

"It's a bummer she can't have conversations with anyone else, though," my mother said.

"Actually, I have a friend that speaks Italian too." I smiled at her, thinking of my friend.

"Really??," she grew excited, "Who??"

"Ivor," I smiled at her and her eyes smiled. I don't know how else to explain it, her eyes just smiled. The kind of motherly thing her eyes do.

"Ivor Hill?" Tom asked.

"Yeah?"

"Ohh, I've heard about him! I've always wanted to see him play! Football!" He nervously clarified what he wanted to see Ivor play, making me chuckle.

"I could get you into a game," I smiled, "they're on Friday's."

"I have this Friday off!" He exclaimed.

✈︎_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Update: I'm taking Tom to a high school football game tomorrow night.

He just went to the bathroom a few seconds ago and my mom looked over at me.

"This is going amazing!" She gushed.

"He loves you! I can tell!" She continues.

"I like him," I approved and she let of a bunch of air.

"Thank GOD." She said.

"Is it okay if he sleeps over tonight?" She asked gingerly.

"Perfectly fine." I assured her.

✈︎_ _ _ _ _ _ _

We finished our food, but are still sitting at the table talking.

The waiter comes back, "Posso offrirti un dolce stasera?"
(Could I get you any dessert tonight?)

I was about to say no because this bill is probably already expensive enough when Tom chirped in, "Yes please, but could we have a second for translations," he smiled and joked.

"Of course signore!"
(Sir!)

Both mom and Tom told me what they wanted for dessert and I waited for the waiter to come back. Does that make me the waiter? If I'm waiting for the waiter that makes me the waiter. Damn shower thoughts.

The waiter comes back and looks at me with the note pad in his hand.

"Possiamo per favore avere un tiramisù, una crostata e un ordine di biscotti con ghiaccio e frutta?" I ask.
(Can we please have some tiramisu, crostate and an   order of biscotti with ice and fruit?)

"Ovviamente! Certamente!" The waiter exclaims.
(Of course! Certainly!)

I got the biscotti, it's the best and you can't tell me otherwise.

My mom got the crostate, which she told me is what my dad made her try on their first date in Junior year of high school.

Tom is trying tiramisu for the first time. Don't ask me how he's never had it, but he hasn't.

✈︎_ _ _ _ _ _ _

"Grazi!"
(Thank you!)

We start eating our dessert and still taking. The awkward silence went away within the first few minutes.

My phone went off while I was listening to Tom and mom go back and forth with compliments.

They're disgustingly cute.

"You can check it," mom says smiling. I take my phone out of my purse and see Ivor's contact name pop onto my phone.

"It's Ivor," I say smiling.

My mom and Tom both looked at each other and smiled.

Mr. Ivor Elio Hill: Hey, how's it going?

Me: t's actually going really good

Mr. Ivor Elio Hill: That's great!

He's such a dork.

Me: actually he's coming to the game on friday because he really wants to "watch you play" then immediately after he specified what he wanted to watch you play 😭

Mr. Ivor Elio Hill: Wow, I'm honored *sarcastically not sarcastic*

I love when he says that. Sarcastically not sarcastic is when you say something that you make sound sarcastic but actually really mean.

Me: He's a very big fan.

✈︎_ _ _ _ _ _ _

After dinner, mom and I drove home with Tom in his car behind us.

He wouldn't let us see the bill in the restaurant and just paid it.

✈︎_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Tom and mom ended up going into the living room and I went straight to my room, took a shower and got ready for bed.

Right now I'm reading Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire.

Mr. Ivor Elio Hill: Goodnight

—————————————————————————

Word count: 2,477

She met Tom. Emmy met Tom.

I'm watching The Office right now. I restarted it again.

The hose in my backyard broke while I was watering the plants earlier today. That was fun.

I cant wait for fall. Fall is my favorite season and my heart is getting happy just thinking about it. I literally can't wait.

I have multiple boards on pinterest for fall. 🤪

By the way, the last line is a text from Ivor that went through right after Em started to fall asleep.

Was the dinner to unbelievable?

I don't think it was but maybe.

Also, please don't make fun of the outfit Em wore for the dinner. Like I literally found those pictures of pinterest and I think it looked good soooo.

Anywayssss,

I can't think of anything else right now.

<3 Author and shit

Toodeloo ✌🏻🥺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 23.9K 30
"I want to go back to my old ways." Ezra said in a monotone. It felt like he held no emotion. I stood dumbfounded not knowing what to do? "I tried yo...
3.5M 89.9K 51
Highest rank #27 in Teen Fiction. Written by @apricitys. _ _ _ "What is this?" He asked, not even bothering to look at the canvas in front of me. Ins...
35.9M 1.1M 47
"She's hot." "Yeah, I know. I'm kinda jealous..." "I'm gonna ask her out." "Are you crazy? You're asking for a death wish." "What's so wrong with me...
235K 4.8K 36
Jolie Watson was used to being invisible at her huge high school in New York City, but when her parents split up and her Mom moved them back to her t...