mind games ⁀➷ s.j ✓

By jungwwdiary

kim shiyeon and sim jake never really got along. he would always flirt with her to piss her off, and she woul... More

0
characters
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10 (months)
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30.

7

2.5K 100 101
By jungwwdiary

The next day, I had driven myself to class, being a little late once again. I didn't have trouble sleeping, I was just up watching K-dramas and the time passed by too quickly.

Entering the campus, the guys were once again waiting for me by the water fountain; including Jake. Though, he looked a little uninterested as he had his eyes glued on his phone and didn't pay me any attention. Doing the same to him, I avoided him and greeted the other guys.

"Why didn't you pick up my calls, idiot? I was afraid you died!" Jay smacks my head immediately after noticing me.

"My phone is dead. I forgot to charge it before sleeping." I reply.

"The violence... you JUST saw her, hyung! Already hitting her." Sunghoon snorts, ruffling my hair.

"I don't go easy on her like all of you fools. She deserves an ass beating." Jay grins at me.

"What did I even do? I deserve an ass beating for just breathing, huh?" I cross my arms, huffing.

"Jay's just violent in general. So mean for no reason." Heeseung chuckles.

"Jake, who are you texting, dude? Your eyes are glued onto your phone." Jay puts his hand on Jake's shoulder.

Jake looks up from his phone and puts it into his pocket.

"Your girlfriend~?" Sunghoon coos annoyingly.

"No." Jake rolls his eyes.

"He's literally texting no one. His phone has been off the entire time he's looked at it." Heeseung deadpans.

"Not true! My phone's brightness is just low!" Jake exclaims, embarrassed.

"Shut up, Jake. It has literally been off the whole time." Heeseung snorts.

"What are you trying to hide from, Jake?" Sunghoon laughs at him.

"Shiyeon, obviously." Jay deadpans.

Now what does he have to do with me-

"Good." I remark.

Jake swiftly looks at me with sorrowful, yet cold eyes, then looks away quickly.

Heeseung purposely clears his throat loudly.

"Anyway, let's get to class. We'll see you guys at lunch." Heeseung says.

"Alright." I say.

"See you, nerd." Jay gives me a quick hug.

Sunghoon and I split up with the rest of them, walking together to our class as we have the same first period.

"Good morning, Shiyeon and Sunghoon. Glad you are on time today." Mr. Jeon greets us with his warm, bunny smile.

Gosh, he's so handsome.

"Good morning, Mr. Jeon." I respond.

"Morning, Jeon." Sunghoon handshakes with him.

"Take a seat. You're a bit early from the other kids." Mr. Jeon says.

Sunghoon follows me as I walk and take a seat down at the table near the window. He sits next to me, and we place our bags on the table on the side. Leaning back against the seat, Sunghoon puts his head on me as we're both on our phone waiting for class to start.

"I'm sorry about Jake, Shiyeon." He whispers to me.

"I know I didn't have the chance to talk to you yesterday. But just know I'm sorry for his stupid behavior."

"It's alright, I'm over it. You don't have to apologize for him." I say.

"Yeah, I know... but as his best friend, I think he was seriously being idiotic, and I don't think he sees that. So I'm sorry on his behalf." Sunghoon tells me.

"It's okay, Sunghoon. Thanks." I reply.

"Ya know... you're really scary when you're pissed off. I got the chills seeing you look at Jake like you were gonna stab his eyes out." Sunghoon giggles softly.

"Psh, please," I roll my eyes. "You're exaggerating."

"No, I'm serious! Just ask the other guys. They think the same, too. You're actually very scary when you're mad."

"Aren't you so glad that the week is over? I'm so happy that we get Thursday, Friday, and the weekend off. College is a breeze." Sunghoon adds on, looking happy.

"Yeah. I'm exhausted. I just want to bury myself in my bedsheets." I respond.

"With Jake~" He coos annoyingly in a high pitched voice.

I look up from my phone and stare Sunghoon dead in the eyes, glaring at him. His cheeky smile fades and he chuckles nervously and awkwardly.

"I'm- I'm just kidding, Shiyeon....." he stammers.

"You better be. You know I hate that kid." I scoff.

"Alright class, listen up."

Sunghoon and I put our phones away and listen to Mr. Jeon after all the other students fill up the class.

"Due to some unfortunate events regarding some students and a teacher, the campus has no choice but to shut down for a week or so. If you guys have not heard already, a professor was caught doing illegal things with some students. Now, police has to investigate, so none of us can be on campus. Therefore, starting today, you guys will have a two-week break."

"What the fuck? What happened?" My eyebrows furrow, as I whisper to Sunghoon.

"That's crazy. I have no idea what happened. Something really messed up probably happened. I wonder what it was." Sunghoon whispers back to me.

"If you guys know anything about the incident, please don't be afraid to speak up. Investigations will start today, so after this class, you will have lunch, then you all are free to go." Mr. Jeon explains to us.

"Heck yes. We're so lucky. A week without class?" Sunghoon grips onto my arm in excitement and I giggle.

"I think God's on our side nowadays. We get a free break." I say to Sunghoon.

"The guys are probably so stoked about this." Sunghoon says.

"Ho ho ho!"

Suddenly, a loud man voice appears into the class. Turning our heads, we notice Professor Jung bust into the classroom, standing next to Mr. Jeon.

"Hyung, what are you doing?" Mr. Jeon says to Professor Jung.

"Let me talk to your students real quick!" Professor Jung exclaims.

Turning his head to the class, he smiles brightly.

"Good morning, class. If you guys don't know, my name is Hoseok- I mean, Professor Jung. I'm sure Jungkook- I mean, Mr. Jeon," He clears his throat.

"I'm sure Mr. Jeon has already explained the unfortunate news. I came here to spread the word that I will be hosting dance lessons at the studio down the block along with Jimin- I mean, Mr. Park. Please come if you are interested. Details will be on the website." Professor Jung announces.

"Thanks, Jung- Mr. Jeon. See you guys!" Professor Jung waves happily at us and walks out the class.

"He's like a ball of sunshine. He's never NOT smiling." I say to Sunghoon.

"I think Riki would be interested in his dance lessons. Don't you think?" Sunghoon looks at me.

"Yeah. Tell him about it." I nod.

The next 50 minutes of class go by quickly as Mr. Jeon didn't talk about much, due to the inconvenience the college is facing. Next thing we knew, the bell rang for lunch.

Sunghoon followed me into the cafeteria, walking over to the table where the guys were all already sitting.

I took a seat next to Jay and he throws his arm around my shoulders, and I put my head on his shoulder. Jake and I suddenly make eye contact, but awkwardly look away after realizing. Feeling the awkwardness between him and I, I try to avoid him once again.

"Did you guys hear about what happened?" Heeseung's eyes light up.

"Dude, this is totally bat-shit crazy." Jay laughs in his deep voice.

"Mr. Jeon only told us we were going on break. What happened?" I ask them.

"I don't know the professor's name, but he was caught drug dealing with a student. He was involved in a drug and prostitution chain with that student, and it happened all at campus. Isn't that crazy?" Heeseung explains to us.

"There's no way it happened HERE. Someone must have known." Jake adds in, looking intrigued in the topic.

"There's absolutely no way that no one found out prior to today. NO fucking way." Jake adds.

"Yeah, I mean... this place is big, but not that big. Someone must have known a long time ago, just didn't say anything." I say.

"People said only three people were involved, but I think that there's a whole group of people that had something to do with this. No way they had a whole drug and sex operation with only three people. There has got to be victims." Jay shakes his head.

"God... I feel so bad for those who were victims of this shit. I can't even imagine." I sigh.

"It's alright, Shiyeon. The victims will get the help they need." Jay squeezes my arm gently.

"I can't believe people would keep their mouths shut about this. I mean, the people who did know, why didn't they say anything? Such bastards." I frown.

"They were probably blackmailed or threatened into not telling." Sunghoon says.

"It's so sad. I feel bad." Jake frowns a little as well.

"It's a good thing that the college is letting us get off campus. It's not safe here, especially for girls. Who knew what could have happened if Shiyeon was roaming around by herself?" Heeseung shudders.

"Yeah. I'm glad Shiyeon's safe, at least." Sunghoon nods.

"Try not to worry about it so much, guys. It's unsettling, but let's think more about positive things. The police will figure this all out, and we will be back here in no time." Jake says to us.

"Yeah. Thanks, dude." Jay responds.

"Who knows what I would do to those bastards if they involved Shiyeon or even my sister. Gosh.... The thought scares me. I would go absolutely crazy if anything happened to Shiyeon or my sister." Sunghoon shakes his head repeatedly, shaking off the intrusive thoughts.

"We should go to the movies today. Suicide Squad just came out." Heeseung suggests.

"I'm totally in." Sunghoon says. "I need to do something fun. Ice skating has been stressing me out."

"I'll go." Jay nods.

"I don't think I'll go. I'm lazy as hell." Jake shakes his head.

"Lame." Heeseung rolls his eyes, then looks at me.

"Shiyeon?"

"Sure. I'll go with you guys." I respond.

"Never mind, scratch that, I'm going, too." Jake smiles sheepishly.

"What's with the sudden change, Jake?" Jay smirks.

"Is it cause you heard Shiyeon's going?" Sunghoon laughs loudly.

"No, I just suddenly changed my mind. That's all." Jake shrugs.

"How cute." Heeseung giggles.

"Jayla's totally in love." Sunghoon cackles, smacking Jake's back.

"What are you guys talking about? Stop talking nonsense." Jake crosses his arms, huffing.

"His ears are beet red." Heeseung pinches Jake's ear.

"It's just hot here!" Jake argues.

"Or you're embarrassed because you got caught." Jay snickers.

"Leave the poor guy alone. You guys always pick on him." I giggle a little.

"Yeah, see! You guys bully me. All I do is sit here and breathe and you guys start teasing me." Jake pouts like a puppy.

The bell rings for dismissal. We all get our things and walk together outside to our cars.

"Let's meet at the cafe around Shiyeon's house at 3?" Heeseung looks at us.

"Yeah. Let's see each other then." I nod.

We all part ways into our own cars and I drive back home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 177 23
"Roses are red, violets are blue." A love game between me and you 2 rival students top in sciences are inevitably terrible at humanities,especially l...
880K 40.9K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
1.1M 49.4K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
4.4K 186 46
"𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮.....𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐚 𝐛𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐨...