Chaennie Oneshots

By r_ezquisite

R ๐Ÿ’– J Just writing out of boredom ๐Ÿ˜‰ Started: June 17, 2021 Ended: --- More

Author's Note
Infinity
Error
Voodoo Doll
Hubby and Wifey
1+1=2
Butterfly
Chaotic
And I'm here
Enemies? (1)
Summer Love
Enemies? (2)
Summer Love (Final)
Enemies? (Final)
New York City
Enemies?(Bonus Part)
Right Here By My Side
Moments
Late Evening Date
I Wish That Was Me
I Wish That Was Me II
I Wish That Was Me IV
Goodnight
Mine
Cuddles
Hi, Stranger
Let Me In
Let Me In II
Let Me In III
Rain Is Our Love Language
Christmas Lights
M'lady
Special Day
I Love You
Simplicity
I Promise
I Promise II
Random Thoughts
Warmth In My Chest
Too Different Yet Alike
Be With You
Known
Jealousy, Dreams & Love
Known Pt. 2
You and I
Cold Nights at 54th East Street
Cold Nights At 54th East Street (2)
Don't Forget
Subtle Touches
My Art
Melodies of Distance

I Wish That Was Me III

1K 35 66
By r_ezquisite

Silence. There was silence between them as they sat across each other. One too busy sipping her coffee and the other scrutinizing her whole figure which made her feel so small and her palms began to sweat out of nervousness. They both didn't utter a word to one another after they ordered their drinks. They were both engulfing the silence, taking their time before deciding the right words to say.

"How are you, Jen?"

The latter was beyond shocked at her words. Those were the last words she least expected to come from her. The woman in front her could see the bewildered expression written all over Jennie's face. Not only that, she noticed the eyebags underneath her eyes and how she got skinnier than the last time she saw her which in fact was two years ago.

"You're not fine." The older stepsister decided to be straightforward and Jennie spared a glance before looking away to fiddle with her fingers.

"I've never been since that happened." The younger one uttered the first words since they got into the café defeatedly.

Joohyun noticed the sadness in her tone and knew she was on the verge of crying. She stood up and went to her sister's side, engulfing her into a warm embrace. She felt Jennie tensed at the contact but as soon as she rubbed her back tracing with random circles, Jennie eased her panic and let the sorrow feeling consume her.

With a tear trickled down her cheek, more fell until she realized she was hugging her older sister tightly, she reluctantly pulled away and distanced herself as embarrassment was eating her alive. Joohyun didn't stop her but she didn't move from her spot nor scooted closer to her younger sister.

"How is she?" She said it in a form of whisper but she can see a small smile graced on her sister's lips in her peripheral vision.

"You should ask her that question and not me, Jen."

"Not after what I said that night. I can't. I can't face her when she looked at me so..........hurt and broken. Now, I'm sure she hates me."

"She never blamed you. She knew what she got herself into. It never was her intention that she loved you in that way. Her heart chose what it wanted and miraculously, it chose you. She doesn't resent nor hate you, Jen."

The latter looked at her incredulously and the older one laughed of how her sister isn't believing any of the words she just declared which was the truth. Her phone buzzed indicating she had to go. She sent her younger sister an apologetic smile in which Jennie waved her hands, saying that it's okay.
Before she could get on her way, Jennie froze as the words keep on echoing inside her mind, making her heart skipped a beat rapidly.

"I know you miss her. Trust me, she misses you too. Fix your estranged friendship with her. It's long overdue, my dear sister."

Jennie released a breath she didn't know she was holding for so long. She placed her hand inside her pocket and the familiar touch of the bracelet instantly calms her nerves down. She finally let out a genuine smile knowing that she's back in town but it faltered when that painful memory flashed in her eyes.

Flashback

Jennie slammed her door with so much force making the woman who was comfortably sitting on the couch shrieked. She frowned when the last piece of her chicken fell on the floor. She growled quietly before facing the brunette with a stern expression.

"Are you trying to give me a heart attack, Jennie?!" Irritation was evident in her voice but the latter didn't give any reaction. In fact, she was standing still with an emotionless expression. The raven-haired woman observed her, trying to figure out why her friend is acting this way in this fine evening.

"Jendeukie, what's wrong?" She inquired in a soft manner and approached her with caution. When she was close enough to her vicinity, she gently asked the question again and she was faced with tears brimming in her cat-feline eyes.

"Rosie's in love with me."

The moment Jennie dropped the bomb, she expected Jisoo to be surprised but she didn't. Instead, she was greeted by a sad smile with a hand placed on her shoulder. Jennie was having none of it and yanked her hand away from her. She angrily strutted her way to the kitchen with Jisoo tailing behind her.

She felt anger.

Anger that everyone knew but her.

She was lied to.

Her own best friend hid this secret from her for how long?

She dismissed the question in her mind and massaged her temple as she was having a hard time accepting the truth. The truth that shouldn't have happened to begin with. But why is she reacting like this? Why is she so infuriated of this fact? What is she exactly afraid of?

"She always has been in love with you." Jisoo slowly said in a calm manner to let Jennie sink in the obvious revelation. But it seems Jennie isn't taking it well based on how she is pacing back and forth, mumbling words that are not audible.

"Jennie, will you just stop moving?!"

"She's not in love with me. She can't. She shouldn't."

"It was never her plan to fall in love you. It just happened. It was never her intention, Jennie. You can't dictate someone's feelings. You also can't tell her to unlove you that easily. She's just a girl who fell in love with someone who made her feel loved."

"I'm her best friend! We're best friends. Best friends can't have these kind of feelings towards one another. It's-"

"Why are you being restless about Chaengie being in love with you? If you don't reciprocate the same feeling, you can talk to her about this matter without you acting like a madman. Chaeyoung has accepted the fact you don't see her in a romantic way. So-"

"It's wrong. This whole thing is completely wrong."

"Jen, stop-"

"I wish I wasn't the woman she fell in love with. I wish I wasn't her at all."

"I wish that wasn't me."

After she said the last words out loud, she suddenly noticed Jisoo become silent. She had her head down the whole time expressing her inner thoughts and by the time she peered at her friend, Jisoo had a nervous expression not at Jennie but at the people behind her. That is when it hit her.

Her Rosie had been listening to their conversation.

She immediately turned around and the sight before her broke her heart. Her best friend had a tear trickle down her cheek but despite that, she gave Jennie a painful smile. Her eyes betrayed her, it held extreme pain, dejection and longingness. Jennie's words got stuck in her throat and she couldn't move in her spot. The tall woman decided to break their staring contest.

"It's okay, Jennie. You're absolutely right. I shouldn't be feeling like this towards my best friend. Towards you. I'm sorry for lying all this time. I'm sorry for keeping this secret for too long. I know you don't feel the same way and I'm not asking you to give me a chance. I'll never do that, not when I already lost you the second I realized I am deeply in love you, Jennie Kim."

Not long after, Roseanne left the house but the heavy atmosphere was still present and the glare she received from her older sister who also heard everything is making her stomach coil out of nervousness. Joohyun didn't say anything but the disappointment she had on her face said it all before she chased after the tall woman.

Jennie still didn't move out from her spot as her mind recalled the expression of her best friend's face. Her lips started quivering until it came to the point, she was into her friend's arms, sobbing hysterically. She screwed up big time and she wants nothing more but to go after her. But she can't, she has no right anymore to be called her best friend. She hurt her Rosie. All those friendly dates and gestures they had together meant something more for Roseanne and that she was hurting all this time. She's a complete idiot, she keeps mumbling the words all over again.

"Let it all out, Jendeukie."

For one whole week, she didn't see her best friend nor had any news about her. She was devastated of what she did, it also didn't help that her relationship went downhill. More fights and misunderstandings occurred almost every day. She couldn't take it anymore, and so she broke things off with him. Ending her relationship seemed to take a little weight off of her shoulders but the heavy part of it is missing her best friend. She resented herself for not being able things in Rosie's perspective. She should've tried to understand and communicate with her instead of being harsh and impulsive.

She continued blaming herself until she noticed a white envelope on her bedside table. She scrunched her face, perfectly sure that there wasn't any envelope placed on the table the night before. Not unless someone went into her room while she's asleep-

Rosie

She didn't waste time grabbing the white envelope and tore it open. Before she could take a peek on what's inside, she released a deep breath and caught on what was in it.

A letter from her. She didn't want to assume what this letter meant but she wanted to find out for herself. She took the letter and smiled of the beautiful penmanship written by her best friend.

She read and read and noticed a teardrop on the letter. She had tears falling while reading the letter all over again. She set aside the paper, her back met the mattress, eyes glued to the ceiling, and ongoing tears fall out that she didn't bother wiping them nor tone down her sobs. Louder sobs echoed her room early in the morning and she knew it wasn't a dream when she felt soft, plump lips on her forehead as she was in her deep slumber.

She lost her.

Jennie's hands became clammy when she reached to her destination. A nostalgic feeling hit her as she was where everything started. The days where this was the place they spent their time in the afternoons. Where they had their laughs due to happiness, cries due to stress and sadness, and where they vent out their frustrations when they don't know what to do with their lives.

This was the place where she gave the bracelet to her when they were young.

She gripped the bracelet on her hand so tight that her knuckles were turning white. She was seeking for comfort from it but it didn't seem to ease out of what she was feeling right now. She started marching forward towards the playground and she took a good look of the place. It didn't change that much, the vandalisms and the colors were still the same.

Her lips curved upward as her eyes stopped to their favorite swing. That swing had always been special to them. Her feet journeyed on its own towards the swing but along the way, she failed to see a rock and she stumbled over it.

Before she could fall down, she was pulled into a hug. The familiar warmth she felt brought back to that specific day. She screwed her eyes shut, not having any plans to open them as she wanted to savor being back into her arms again. This had to be a dream but hearing the tenderness and softness of her voice made her confirm that she was real.

"I'm here, Nini. You can open your eyes now."

THE END

Author's Note:
I'm kidding, it isn't the end 😗. The next part is really the final one ಥ‿ಥ. I am so sorry hehehe. Oh and also, happy 5th anniversary BLACKPINK 🥰💝. It's really been five years 🤧💝.

Question:
Endgame or not? 🤔

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 87 9
Namjoon X reader one shot stories โœ”Requests open โœ”Mostly fluff โœ”Smut? โœ”Happy endings Started : 02/10/21 Ended : -
4.3K 140 7
Kacchako Week 2021 prompts found here! They may not always be on time, but I'll get them all out.
45.8K 1.5K 42
๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ,,It supposedly started with a promise of marriage" ยฉ-๐˜๐—ฎ๐˜€๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ถ / 2021