To Grandma's House

By julyndav

Xael Thunder Wolf has had enough of living in the city. She yearns for the quiet life she remembers when livi... More

Procrastination = Walking*
quick note
The Road at Night*
First Day at Home*
The New Cook*
Mom, We Killed Dinner!*
Home Cooked Meal*
The Run*
Details Details Details*
Prepping the Lodge*
Pow Wow ~ Arrival*
Powwow ~ Time for Dancing*
Powwow ~ Triggered*
That was a Bad One*
Sweat Lodge Begins*
The Truth About Xael*
Combat, Loss & Pain*
Back from the Lodge*
Adam & Xael*
The Nightmare Continues*
New Day ~ New Start*
Visiting the Ex-Boss*
My Brothers in Arms*
The Birds, The Bees & Omegas #1*
The Birds & The Bees & Omegas #2*
Things are Getting Serious*
Tuesday - Thursday*
Friday #1*
Friday #2*
Out for a Run*
The Alpha's Approval*
Medic!*
We Need to Talk...*
Weaklings*
Mother of Destruction*
Abdul Omar Khalid*
Time for Lodge*
Mates for Life {m}*
Alpha, Mate, Protector & Lover*
Insatiable Truth*
Awkward Conversation*
My Timid Omega*
I Could Have Lost You*
Future Plans*
Let's go Shopping
Mom & The Guys
Father-in-Law
Mother-in-law
Our New Place??
Serious Alpha vs. Playful Omega
Downtime
Surprises!!
To Grandma's House...
She's so Special
Like a Faerytale
A Time to Relax...
Closure
Just a quick note!
Making Plans
Letting Go of the Past #1
Letting Go of the Past #2
Feeding the Masses
Unbelievable
The Showdown...?
Boring but Needed Errands
Making Plans #2
The Work of Spirit
Getting Settled
Getting Settled #2
Lost in the Woods
A Long Day
Friday - The Visit
Friday - I Told You...
Hard work is done
Growing Up
author's note(#742)
Momma
The BBQ ~ #1
The BBQ #2
Lots to do!
Super Sized ~ *edited
Mr. Clean was Here
Clingy
Ears & Tail
Great Grammy
Now What??
Things Change
Answers #1
Answers #2
Holy Sh!t, Wait, What?
Back at Grandma's House
Changes
WTF!
Rest of the Week
Good Grief
**SNAP!!**
Back with Her Alpha
Staying Distracted
Staying Distracted #2
Little Boys Cry for Wolves
Everyone's Getting Settled
Give Me Your Hand
People Change
Surprise Dad!
Grandparents
Conversations
Everyone knows
Healing & Understanding
Momma's Hurting
Beau
Alpha Time to Bond
Finally Resting
Baby 1-2-3 & W-F
Danetta LeTray Montgomery
Adam is Done
Tender Loving Care
+1
Downtime & Planning
Coming Together
Welcome
Welcome #2 - Learning the Ropes
Swaddled with Tiny Ears
Getting Settled
Grandma's House

As Time Passes

582 55 28
By julyndav

Once they reached about 4 months old, the twins were wild and rambunctious just like their momma had been when she was a little Pup. When they were learning to walk, Tank and Dozer were the symbol of pure patience. They stood next to one of the boys while they clumsily held onto tiny handfuls of fur, their chunky baby legs wobbling as they learned to steady themselves. Within two weeks, Tanis and Chrissin were running all over the place; howling or giggling. Xael thought they would be a handful but with just a look from their parents or Elders, they knew when to settle down.

Springtime was welcomed by everyone. The diner was super busy along with the guys and their side jobs. Houser and Ms. Ester had their union ceremony under the new covered patio at the diner and most of the town came out for it; the diner provided all the food of course.

GG was itching to get back to her own space now that the twins were older. The Elder Shado had gotten his Grandmother's place spruced up for her and she couldn't wait to see it. Speaking of the Elder Shado, after word had spread on the college campus that he worked at, there were requests for the Great Alpha and his Luna to do some talks for the young Wolfen students. Xael thought it would be good and Adam agreed, as for their Pups, they could be left with Grandpa and Grandma Stevens who were more than happy to have the littles. Of course they still wore their hats when out in public as the little boys hadn't mastered their ears just yet.

Adam and Xael's trip to the college was actually a huge deal. The classroom that their talk was held in was packed with students even sitting in the aisles. The couple had no idea how lacking young Wolfen were in solid role models. Xael was particularly appalled by the information young Omegas had. Since their initial talk was so successful, many wanted them to come back, especially the Omegas after hearing Xael talk.

Adam's schedule didn't allow for that but Xael was happy to agree to return once a month. Before they left to pick up their boys, Adam's dad let Xael know that she was going to be busy with her discussions.

Minh and Beau had finally found a home in town to buy and Minh was thrilled. It would be the first home for both of them. Minh also started up the clinic he had talked about in one of the vacant store fronts. It was slow going at first with getting permission from the Council and setting the space up but Chris, Eli and Ted helped with that. The town was equally anxious for the clinic to open.

Xael and Adam returned to their own cabin in the woods. It felt wonderful to be in their space and it was a mad dash to baby proof stuff but the little boys knew not to mess with things. Xael had returned to the diner and her Pups had their spot up front. Most of the time Tank and Dozer, who were now full grown wolves, hung out with their furless brothers in the special area that Chris and Ted had made for them. If the boys got too loud while at work with momma, Dozer would grown and the kids would quiet back down. Skylar put a sign not to pet because the 'dogs' would bite.

Skylar and Houser had become the 'Old men' of town. They could either be found at the diner during the morning or at their respective homes farting about with chores and this and that. Occasionally the two would go off fishing together and even Uncle Dentin would sneak off with them when Kai was having a slow day with his lawn business.

Life moves on...

It was a sobering time when GG passed away. The entire family pack came together for her at her home. She had lived to see Xael give birth to another set of twins; girls this time. Xael and Adam offered to extend her life but she refused. The Old One had lived a good and fulfilling life and it was time for her to move one. The night before she passed, GG gifted Xael with her special book. It contained everything about everything Wolven.

As her life had been interesting, so was her passing.

With the entire Pack family gathered around, the Spirit Wolves returned. Taza led the way and the higher ranking wolves all shifted into their human form before entering the house. They had come to take GG with them; she had earned that right. With her last breaths, Taza gently took the small woman in his arms and headed outside with her and the others behind them. They all followed the special procession to the edge of the dirt road that led to her house. Adam and his dad said their final goodbyes as did Xael. As GG closed her eyes, Taza held her close as they disappeared into the trees.

Adam's dad retired not long after his Grandmother had passed. He sold much of his stuff and moved from the city to the quietness of GG's cabin but he wasn't moving out there alone. The Elder Shado had been blessed with a new partner. During The Elder Shado's retirement party, while they were in the city, Adam and Xael ran into his mother. Xael had her arms full of babies at that time as Adam corralled their young boys towards their vehicle. His mom stood across the street but didn't approach or say anything and Adam did not acknowledge her. Xael on the other hand, after all the woman had subjected her to, smiled at her and waved before leaving with her Alpha. His mom smiled and waved back as Xael had stopped long enough and exposed the baby's faces for the woman to at least see the granddaughters she would never meet.

Minh and Beau eventually adopted two Pups of their own and their kids were constantly with Adam and Xael's kids and vice versa. Minh's clinic was busy and a success. He had to hire a few nurses and office staff to help with everything and even managed to open another clinic in the nearby town. When Beau and Minh were busy, others in the Pack were happy to watch their Pups for them.

Max and Parker loved being Tribal officers. Skylar and Adam didn't know if it was the job itself or all the free food they got. They each rented one of the apartments in town and even managed to find Mates. Their little town had grown popular after it was learned that a Great Alpha and Luna resided there, and two young women with a particular tour group caught the Alpha's eyes. James also found a girlfriend who was the dispatcher at the police station in the next town so after work he was always busy.

Everyone had settled into their lives now.

Adam and Xael mostly kept to their Pack. A lot of times they could be seen wearing shades when tourists or visitors crowded the town during the summer, spring and fall. Xael ended up having a final set of twins after GG had passed. All of their Pups were named after those that had come before them. The second set was named after the Grandma's and the last set of twins, a boy/girl, were named after Adam's dad and GG. Xael even gave one of her boys the name of her first Mate as their middle name. One would never forget their first Mate and he had given his life for her.

Surprisingly, Xael never heard from Vivi ever again, no one did. She had thought of having Adam or Beau see if they could find anything out about her but decided to just leave it in the past.

As their Pup grew older, Skylar, Adam's dad and Grandma Emma all taught them about dance and ceremony. The Alpha's that danced, all mentored the young males while Xael and Grams helped the girls. Powwows had become a huge deal now. The entire Pack took part. When Adam and Xael danced, which was rare for Xael as she had Pups to tend to, everyone paid attention to them; they were Great Alpha and Luna after all.

Things in the small town went by at a steady pace.

Adam and Xael's kids were now all in school along with Minh and Beau's.

With the expansion of their family, Adam and Xael expanded their cozy cabin to accommodate all their kids. Space was cramped but they loved it. Even Grandma and Grandpa Stevens moved out to the town to be closer to everyone and their great grandkids; it took a little coaxing from Xael but the Elders eventually agreed. Grandma Ella wanted to be in town as life out in the sticks was just a bit too much for her.

Sunday's were family days and everyone, even Adam's dad and his Mate, gathered at Grandma's house for the entire day with Adam's dad and step mom usually spending the night. Adam's step mom had been a frequent visitor to Xael's talks at the college after they were opened to the public. There was lots of food and good times to be had. Now that the Pups were older, they were all put to work.

With the kids all getting older, that freed up time for Adam and Xael to spend some of it alone. Occasionally Adam would find Xael out back with Tank and Dozer. One night in particular, Xael seemed sad as she had been quiet for most of the day. He had an idea of what was going on from the last time she had gotten like this, it was time for Tank and Dozer to leave and start their own families.

As they said their goodbyes to the four legged pups. The Others came to collect them. By now, Gunner and Moose had become fine Pack Alphas and had made a special trip for their sons. Xael, wanting to respect their positions, kept her distance but her boys approached her for a final hug from their momma. As the Wolves departed, this time there were no tears and no one looked back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 64K 200
I'm a new grad human in huge debt, and cheated by my Omega boyfriend. When I got wasted in a bar, I didn't expect to have the best sex ever. And the...
84.6K 2.6K 22
In which the Mikaelson's, the scooby gang, the pack and past and future Hale's are brought to watch the life of Charlotte Stilinski Or in which trut...
1.6M 47.3K 54
My name. Well that's classified Know My history. Expect to die Disrespect me. The pain will thrive. After years of torture and abuse my heart we...
124K 3.8K 32
Alpha Female Omega Male °°°°----°°°°----°°°°----°°°°----°°°°----°°°°----°°°° ~Breaking-Stereotypes~ Alpha Arya finds her sweet little mate who happen...