Empty Vessel - Genshin×Fem!Re...

By kattkat1

VERY SLOW UPDATES! I'm so sorry but this year of college has really hit me hard. "Ah shit, here we go again"... More

read-me-please? DO IT THEY ARE IMPORTANT!
Y/N
RASPUTIN - a GriffinBurns cover
▪︎Tar~Tar~Tar~Tar~Tar~Tar▪︎
prologue.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thriteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
HAPPY GAMING!
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two.
we kinda need to talk about 2.1
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
incorrect quotes

twenty-three.

1.3K 58 34
By kattkat1

"Ah great Scaramouche, welcome to the annual ball held by Mister Gunther. It's the 34th"

It's ball! So I recommend starting the video. If you don't like how it sounds, you can turn it off. Kindly, thanks!

I'm not sure if this is the best ambience for the situation tbh.

I remembered that I have a story
😔🤚 sorry very late update, got caught up in events.

Y/N'S POV

Scaramouche got invited at the last minute, the invitation card included an extra note which was an apology for the sudden invitation because the ball was literally in the same day.

He ordered someone to fetch a dress fit for a ball and ofcourse.. a suit for himself.

"You're seriously gonna wear boots?" Scara tapping the floor with one of his feet, he mocked me as usual.

We were standing infront of the main gates of the mansion.

"Comfyness over elegance, besides.. the dress is long which is a hindrance on its own"

Eyeing me up and down, he sighed as to avoid any further meaningless argues, especially since we're now in public.

"Also.. wearing heels would make a certain someone look shorter"

"Quit it and wear this" he handed me a luxurious ribboned box, to which I opened to find a mask.

Well it's like a normal fatui mask but ten times more luxurious, decorated with rich looking gems.

As for my dress, it was a long one indeed, full of layers made with high quality fabrics from Fontaine.

(I'll leave the rest to your imagination, colors, details etc..)

As soon as the sun started setting, crowds gathered around the Gunther's mansion, it's located not so far from the heart of the city. If anything were to happen, that won't be good.

Carriages everywhere, most of the invited people were businessmen and their wives, among the invited was the Ragnvindr family.

Which includes Diluc and Kaeya as well as Diluc's most trusted butler, Elzer..who is also an executive chairman for Dawn Winery.

"Thank you Sir.Scaramouche, Mr.Gunther is highly awaiting your presense..and this must be your partner? She has lovely eyes" one of the butlers of the gunther mansion  was incharge of the guest list.

Scara did all the formalities like a breeze, he's used to this. Not as much as Tartaglia tho.

Extravagant dresses, Neat blacksuits and the cheery crowds who all speak of the great deeds the Gunther family did for Mondstadt were all scattered in the large lobby.

Some were gossiping about how handsome the Ragnvindr boys were.
Seriously.. that's all people think about nowadays.

Most if not all decorations and furniture were polished with gold, the walls even had golden patterns. The pure golden chandelier being the spotlight as it was hanged on the high celling holding many giant candles.

Scara and I took sometime to examine our surroundings then we decided to split out and see what the people are up to.

"I'll check the Ladies" I told Scara, he gave a nod in response then disappeared into the crowds.

.
.
.

"Haven't you heard Mr.Gunther's son is going to have his coming of age party soon"

"I wonder if he'll hold another event?! Whoever that girl is, she is a lucky one"

"My daughter might have a chance"

A group of ladies gossiped, they sometimes break out laughing in some sort of a way..like..how vilans laugh?

Not useful, let's look somewhere else.

.

.

.
.

"The balls are as grand as ever, this one feels special in a way that I can't seem to describe..?"

"I feel the same! It's much more lavish and luxurious, looks like Gunther was met with great success this year!"

That's also useless.

.
.
.
Going here and there trying to merge with the flow of conversation, nothing was of use to me..and nothing seemed fishy. Maybe it is a normal ball afterall..or maybe I'm still waiting for my muse.

This is just the surface, the scenes are always different from the background

Getting bored from the people and their desired topics, I decided to head to the small buffet where they had a grand table of all you can eat.

I tried a few bites here and there from things that seemed visually appealing, other than that..I'm not highly familiar with the dishes in Mond.

Just when I found and clinged into something that suited my tastes, someone gently tapped my shoulders from behind.

"There you are"

I turned around to be met with Scara that suddenly started looked left and right as if checking if anyone is staring.

"Is something wrong Scara?"

"I've never seen someone eat a cake like this, you're unlady like as heck"

"Scara, this is a sweet flower cake" I rolled my eyes, how could Scara not acknowledge that?

Just realised that I haven't had sweet flowers in a while, probably why I'm consuming them without a care in the world right now.

"I've also never seen someone with such stars in their eyes" he went through his pockets in hopes of finding a napkin but that didn't seem to be the case.

"Ohh look! It's a slime cake! Those are good too!" Ignoring his attempt, I found myself getting caught in the wonderous dishes displayed before me.

"You get stars in your eyes from that too? That's disgusting"

It's served here for a reason Mister high standards.

"Try it!" I offered a small piece on a tiny tea plate.

"No"

"Ok what about the sweet flower one? It should be normal for normal people like you right?"

"No"

"Anything?"

"No"

"Fine fine, somethings up?"

"We have to introduce ourselves to Mr.Gunther, come on"

"Waaaittt! last bite"

"Hurry up damn it!"

.
.
.
.
.
Gunther was on the second floor balcony, so we had to climb either of the side stairs.

As soon as we reached the top, one of his butlers that stood by his side alerted him of our presence causing Gunther to turn our direction with open arms.

"Ah at last, Scaramouche! It's my honor to have you today, I must thank-you for taking your time to attend my annual ball"

"I would say likewise is true Gunther,  you've extended great aid to the Snezhanyan economy, it would only be natural to make presense in these grand manors, just like every year"

"Ha ha ha ha ! And this elegant lady right here is your partner for the night?"

"Indeed, Allow me to introduce you to Y/N, a highly intelligent recruit at the fatui"

"Pleased to make your acquaintances Mr.Gunther" I bowed slightly as per traditions.

"Hahah! The honor is mine! You look stunning"

"Ah, you shouldn't say that"

"I can only but say the truth" he put a hand on his chest and laughed proudly.

I...I'm dying inside..help.

"Hahahhah..well then, I humbly thank you" I brushed off my inner feelings and smiled back.

Afterwards that hella hella awkward moment, Gunther and Scara talked about business and relations for almost a solid ten minutes.

Everything neutral so far.

I just stood there, silently waiting, biting my cheeks from the inside due to boredom and internally rolling my eyes.

I seriously don't know how people keep calm and professional during these things. Me? I would have died on scene.

Looking down from the big balcony, I was able to identify a few familiar faces despite the masks..well its all thanks to their ominous looking hair.

The Ragnvindrs chatting around, Diluc is specifically with business doers..probably for business opportunities and collaborations.

The other brother was off talking about archons know what it is.
The Ladies love it blindly.

A few knights were scattered around, they skill keep their badges to be recognised.

The acting grandmaster didn't attend.

"Well then, it should be time!" I heard Gunther from behind approaching the place next to where I stood.

He then signaled one of the servants attract the attention of the guests.
The servant did so as they grabbed a glass with their gloved hands and began to lightly hit it with a piece of cutlery.

The noise toned down significantly as people turned their heads towards the center of the sound. Their voices were now reduced to nothing but faint whispering and chattering.

The grand grandfather clock loudly chimed as the arrows marked the hour of nine.

"And with that Ladies and Gentlemen! This marks the beginning of the ball"

He clapped his hands twice and the the music started.

Scaramouche whispered a quick "hurry" in my ears as we hastily  descended down the stairs to take positions just like all partners.

The people who werent going to dance the first or who didn't have a partner yet stood in the corners of the lobby, leaving the vacant floor in a circle shape.

The chattering behind grew back as they talked about the dancers, probably how they look or what fine materials they wear.

Everyone in that circle were swaying gently at the beginning, looking into their partner's eyes, their only visible feature along side with their lips.

Smiling under their masks, you could hear people complimenting each other.

And as soon as the main instrument started playing, everyone began to dance ever so magically. This reminds me of home and all the balls her Majesty held, they were all so spectacular and nostalgic.

Scara was accustomed on how to Waltz considering the time he spent in Snezhnaya.

He had his hands placed in the correct positions on my waist.

One
Two
Three

One
Two
Three

"It's been a while since I waltzed" closing my eyes to the music, I let myself imagine the Zapolyarny back in Snezhnaya.

This ball is nothing compared to how grand it is in Snezhnaya. It is insignificant.

"I'll agree with you on that one" he replied, focused on what he was doing.

"Did anything catch your eye?"

"Nothing out of ordinary" he then paused and spun me around.

"So far"

"I'll check the rest of the mansion, acting like a lost lady looking for the toilet..isn't that a classic?"

"I always found it humiliating, so I'd love if you'd do that"

"I hate you"

"I hate you too, Mondstadt was hell last month"

"Oh ho..you mean the meteorites? I hope that mission was to your liking, I thought it suited you"

Around one month ago, there were some weird meteorites in Liyue and Mond, the fatui had to take a step in for our benefits..I chose Scara for this one, it went greatly untill he got revealed by an Astrologer.

.
.
.

Around two minutes later.

The song suddenly died down a bit, everyone took it as a signal to change partners randomly. The Ladies all stood in a line facing another line of the Gentlemen.

Everyone then started to slowly walk to the random person infront of their line, I quickly studied the features of my new partner only to make a quick conclusion.

"Diluc Ragnvindr, we meet again" I took the offered hand as I spoke.

"Do I know you?"

"Ofcourse, you're the man who sells a fine wine for a fine price"

"Oh so it's you from yesterday, I've never caught your name"

"Y/N"

"That's definitely a foreign one, how come you're at such an event?"

"Private work, I'm afraid"

"I..respect that"

"I know you have your doubts, you doubt everything Master Diluc"

"It's only natural when you have a world like this, too many corrupted souls and too few saviours"

"Unfair isn't it?"

"From sky to earth"

Sky to Earth..doesn't that include celestia..hmm? Maybe he doesn't know what he's talking about.

After that moment and untill the end of the song, we danced silently. I regularly felt Scara checking on me with the corner of his eyes, Diluc's red hair was too recognisable that Scara's mood went downhill after realising who my partner is.

Ahh..we have a long history with the Ragnvindrs, a not so pleasant one.

I felt Scara accidentally stomping the foot of his partner which forced him to apologise.

An apologising Scara? Historical.

"That was a great dance, expert in your moves no doubt"

"Likewise, I was taught by the experts themselves..Snezhnayans"

"Haha..I'll see you around Master Diluc"

And with that, everyone switched back and danced a little longer.

"Lady luck was on your side huh?"

"You're talking about the odds to Waltz with the Ragnvindr?"

"what else?"

"Haha..well, I guess it was on my side"

"Quit it, did he say anything?"

Scara sometimes worries often about my identity but it's really nothing..he worries too much.

"Nope, now I'll be now playing my role, I heard Gunther will make a short talk soon, so stay here if anything happens"

"Goodluck"

"Thanks Scara! That's actually so sweet coming from you!"

"Just go already"

.
.
.

I traced my hands around my mask to check its position then left to hide between the crowds.

I patiently waited for a good moment when the hallway will be empty and then slipped through.

The sound of the ball and people faded behind me. (Lower/turn off the volume)

I have no idea where to start, but one place that Scaramouche knows was Gunther's study room because he's been there once.

Following Scaramouches description, this should be the place. Infront of me was a grand door made of rich wood, I tried to turn knob knowing that'll already be locked.

After accessing the situation, I took my hair pin and began to tample with the lock. It was a quick puzzle and as soon as I heard it click, a smile crept on my face.

I went inside and shut the door behind me.

The study room or Guther's Bureau was a well decorated place filled with expensive ores polished around for the sole purpose of their looks.

Ignoring all that, I made my way to his desk checking all the paper work.

Nothing out of ordinary again, it's all business papers ..and some of them were with us..very recently.

After a quick scan of the surface, I pushed the drawers open to find personal things like his glasses, leather thingys and ink.

I also found a picture, the date was five years ago..when the Gunther Family have just opened another successful branch.

It was in Liyue.

It was taken by a kamera and it shows Gunther surrounded by his family and great business men.

He was signing a contract.

It was a big deal back then, Liyue makes sure that foreginers who do business in Liyue sign a contract of contracts, it's for reasons due to them having the god of contracts.

*Sigh* everything here is normal, I should get out and investigate the rest of the mansion.

~~~

Maybe the Library?

Nono..why should I check a bunch of books.

His bedroom?

Too risky..and my excuse of finding the toilet won't be so convincing here.

As I walked down the hallways, I procrastinated about where I should go next, I took the chance to check any vacant and open room that I found on the way.

Most rooms were empty bedrooms and salons which leaves one place left..maybe worth checking..

The basement!

The Gunther Family are best known for selling ores that they collect from all over Teyvat.

They should have some piles down there and personal savings of gold and jewellery.

Maybe the ores are related to the catalyst the Mingyun villagers talked about?

There's only one way to confirm my suspicions of basically everything that this mansion has to offer.

It's locked.

Just as I retrieved my hair pin again, I felt cold wind behind my back. My mind immediately starting thinking of the possibilities before I could turn my head.

Their footsteps were very slow, like they're walking on thin ice and thus they can't be normal staff.

The atmosphere is also cold..just like a cryo vision weilder. Could it be..

Alberich? It's no other than the devil.

In less that three seconds I was cornered, my back facing the wall and one gloved hand on the wall next to my face.

"why didn't you resist?" His one eye pierced coldly through mine's searching for an answer.

Although his eyes are deadly, his voice remains flirtatious as ever.

"because I know you won't kill me" I replied back while giving him an ugly smile.

Where was he when Signora took their Archon's gnosis?

Kaeya doesn't care, he is also triumphing aganist the gods.. the exact same thing that the fatui are doing, we all loathe gods.. Signora is on a next level of hatred however.

"Ohh-   really now?" In a blink of an eye  (kaeya literally one eyed LMAO)
he slammed a small dagger that he had in his sleeves on the other free side where he didn't have his hand.

You could say I'm trapped. He didn't seem to care about the now damaged wallpaper.

"Bold of you to raise a knife on a harbinger, you know I could slice your throat off this instant if I wish" as to prove my point, I used my vision to create a tiny dagger that I pointed straight at his chest.

Even tho we are on the same side of things.

"Hahhah..I'm certainly aware"

Kayea always remained like an outsider, an outsider with many secrets.

"Would you like to see who's faster?"

"now now, you know that's needless...I just saw you wandering where you shouldn't be, so I ought to ask a simple question..what are you doing?"

"The same as you are Kaeya"

"annd~ what am I doing exactly?" He teased knowingly.

"Don't give me the innocent look, you might be here for the ball under the Ragnvindr family but you're also here for answers..if there's any to begin with"

"Correct"

"Great now lower that weak knife of yours and let's see what's inside of that basement" I dispatched my dagger first, thats naive but he wouldn't dare make a move.

"Weak? That was an old dagger crafted with skilled craftsmanship"

"You ought to sharpen it, your vision would literally make a better weapon than this old rusty metal"

"Alright Alright, you're the expert here"

Just when Kaeya was about to break the knife free from the wall, we both whispered a curse as we heard footsteps approaching us.

"Shit"

In one strong pull, the knife was broken free and he used his now free hand to cup one of my cheeks and then kissed the corner of my lips, he stayed there for a while.

Oh dear.

It was so unromantic and forced.

Kaeya didn't even move his lips or anything..they were just cold and dead, but this kiss that seemed horrible as hell to me seemed to dsitarct the butler that was passing by.

"Uhh..uh..Sir?..you shouldn't.. be"

When Kaeya got his attention, he finally lifted his head and to the butler.

"Oh so sorry~ This lady was just too beautiful to pass, isn't that right my dear?"

Why the heck did you have to drag me into this conversation..

"Bitch" I murmured under my breath that only he could hear. Kaeya cringed at my response, he really expected me to play along? No way.

He then smirked and focused his attention back to the butler
"Oh she's just embarrassed, you know Ladies are shy at first..how very modest"

"I'm s-sorry for disturbing you, the uh..main hall is this way.."
The blushing servant left immediately to where they came from, Kaeya and I didn't move untill their footsteps were no longer heard by our ears.

As soon as I confirmed my surroundings I pushed Kaeya and kicked him as hard as I could in his bottom part of his guts.

"You mother ducker, had nothing else to do but that? We could have just apologised a stupid excuse"

"Ow that hurts?!" He rolled on the floor dramatically.

"On a side not that was effective but at the same time REALLY uncalled for!" I frantically wiped my whole face consistently left and right with the hem of my sleeves.

"Atleast for me, I can finally say I kissed a harbinger" he joked as he brushed his clothes and stood back up.

"You really would kiss anyone wouldn't you?"

"Of course! I like all women equally"

"Disgusting"

"So you want to open that door or what?"

"Fine, remind me to kill you later"

"Haha"

I'll now no longer be distracted now when using my hairpin.

"Hazah!" Announcing my success, Kaeya took the cue and pushed the door, we both hastily went inside and locked it back.

There was an endless stairway that goes into the ground, but it only seemed endless because there was not a single torch.

How odd.

We slowly made our way, step by step so that we don't fall down the stairs.
It's very dark so shortly after, the first thought that came to mind was our visions to be used as a light source.

But each step we took, the more I felt it.

This place has very high elemental concentration, therefore using a vision might trigger something..

"Kaeya" I immediately thought of sending a warning but it seems that he got the hang of the situation pretty quickly.

"I know, I can feel it too" his personality now flipped on the other side, he talked seriously as he trailed behind.

In that case, our best option is to collect elemental energy untill our visions glow enough to see something.

I grabbed my vision as I felt the energy rush through, I accumulated more energy at a faster pace everytime we descended and soon enough it was bright enough for us to see if we directed it towards something.

Using my now bright vision, we safely went down the stairs to the main basement. It was quite but the noise from above could faintly be heard nevertheless.

"This place smells.." Kaeya inhaled again and made up a final conclusion.
"Burny.."

I cautiously hovered my vision over trying to find the source by sniffing it out..and here enough comes the banger.

"Pyro Barrels" the word slipped out of my mouth. Kaeya froze in place behind me, and so did I.

Alot of them on shelves, on walls, on the ground, stored on top of each other..

We mustn't worry or feel anything, visions can be triggered even without the holder's will because they can also be the embodiment of emotions.

One wrong move or thought and we could be sent straight to hell.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 205 8
| S L O W U P D A T E | - - "There is always something that meets the eye." Y/N is the newest fatui harbinger brought by Pierro after La Signora die...
323K 11K 33
🎞️ . . . A child in the hands of the god of Geo who lives a few hundred years already, not growing an inch as they stayed child over all the tim...
152K 5.6K 20
"There is a broken contract between us. And I'm sad to say that I wasn't the one that broke it, Morax," ...
96.1K 1.8K 16
Characters from Teyvat will be reacting to the Traveler. The Traveler will be Aether. They will react to : - Wikipedia Pages - Archon Quests - Charac...