The Villainess's Great Revenge

By JustVennabel_chan

Lilith Esther Bailey. A woman who was shunned by most due to her arrogant and cold personality. Compared to h... More

Characters (skippable)
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
55.5
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
133
134
135
136
137
138
139
140
141
142
143
144
145
146
147
148
149
News
150
Chapter 151

132

9.9K 591 227
By JustVennabel_chan

Evelina stared at the lady stepping gracefully off an imperial carriage, wearing a regal dress. A smug smirk could be seen adorning her angelic face.

"My... I've missed you all very much!" Angelina walked towards the duke with slow steps and reassured him, "You must've been so worried, father. But don't be, he and her majesty treated me very well. They told me I was an excellent young lady and that you were blessed to have me as your daughter."

The duke's frown deepened as he heard her words.

Angelina turned to her dearly missed sister and rejoiced by saying, "Don't feel left out, older sister. I didn't forget you. I kept thinking of what to get you!"

"..." Evelina restrained with difficulty to not reveal a bitter appearance. But she really couldn't take this! It feels like something is eating her up from the inside!

"I hope you like it!" Angelina gestured for a servant with the gift to come over. The maid came over, holding the gift box carefully. Usually, the receiver would take it elsewhere and open the gift where the giver isn't, to avoid humiliating the giver if situations come where the receiver does not like the gift. But Angelina wasn't going to let her.

The maid, shockingly to Evelina, set down the gift box and opened it! She pulled out the so-called gracious gift. Evelina's eyes widened with disgust.

It was a bright green gown with a blindingly bold pink bow on the chest. Not only was the color match hideous, the design of the dress is completely horrid! Evelina's face paled just by thinking of wearing such a disaster dress!

"Do you like it? I think it's the perfect gown for you to wear to his Majesty's upcoming birthday!" Angelina clapped her hands.

"W-what!? I can't wear this! This gown is hideous! U-um... Sister, you can't be serious..." Evelina looked at Angelina with disbelief. She nearly blew up. Thankfully she managed to control herself. If this wench thinks she would actually wear this to such an important event, then she's wrong! The gown is so disgusting, it looks like it was made by vomit!

"But sister... Her highness is the one who personally chose this gown for you to wear this gown to his Majesty's birthday! If you don't, her highness will be terribly upset..." Angelina covered her mouth in shock but a mocking gaze stared straight into Evelina, causing her to shudder.

"Angelina! You're going too far! How dare you try to humiliate Eve like this!?" Alex was infuriated. He had enough of this devilish youngest sister of him bullying Eve. These past few days, Evelina had not been in the best mood. She was already incredibly sad because of the recent birthday incident and now Angelina's just trying to make things worse!

The duke glared at Angelina with displeasure. Instead of helping her family, Angelina left to enjoy the grand life in the imperial palace. She didn't even seem to want to return home!

"Angelina, Evelina is your sister. You and the princess shouldn't scheme against her like this!" The duke raised his voice at her.

"Father? What are you talking about? Me and the princess scheming? Isn't the princess just trying to save older sister the trouble of having to choose a gown for his majesty's birthday?" Angelina feigned ignorance and gasped.

"You! Angelina, just because you've been getting comfortable with the imperial family, it doesn't mean that you're part of their family! No matter what, you're Skyler and you should put your family first!" The duke berated her. His last string of patience was cut once he saw the smugness hiding behind her innocent act just now.

"Oh?" Angelina dropped her ignorant front and her expression darkened. Her lips curled up to form a sneer. "And what are you going to do, dear father? Lock me somewhere and beat me till I submit to you? Don't forget, the imperial family is expecting me to visit them once again two days later..."

"..." The duke gritted his teeth as a vein popped out on his forehead. But all he could do was swallow his anger and watch as Angelina entered the mansion without sparing them a second glance.

*********

Angelina jumped on her bed and buried her head in her pillow. Then lets out a muffled scream. She squeezed the sheets as tightly as she could but could still feel the embarrassment overwhelm her. She pulled out her head and cast a glance at the bouquet of golden roses placed in the corner of the room.

It was so embarrassing! Her ears could not stop themselves from reddening.

She rested her head on the pillow and closed her eyes, hoping to forget it once she opened her eyes.

-----------

Charles turned to Elizabeth who was staring at them and asked, "May your highness leave us for a moment?"

"..." Elizabeth nodded and left obediently but she was quite annoyed on the inside. ' Hmph! Bad man! Telling me what to do in my own palace! '

"Is something the matter?" Angelina turned to him.

"How are you, Lily? Well if you don't feel uncomfortable with me asking..." Asked Charles cautiously.

"I've been doing well. Everything's been coming together." Angelina answered before pausing. Finally, she couldn't keep in the question she's been holding for quite some time. "I hope you're not too hurt by... Um, my rejection. I think you're a great man! I just don't think I'm ready for a romantic relationship."

"Is it really because of that or is it actually because you can't forget him?" He clenched his fist and questioned, his heart cracking as he remembered her flushed appearance everytime she saw the bastard in the past.

"I really do not hold any affection for him anymore. What he did merely impacted how I feel about these types of things..." She lowered her head and stared at the golden roses in her arms.

"I won't be like him. I never will. Unlike him I really do love you, Lilith. I know you don't remember us before but please give me a chance. I promise you that only you will be the one in my heart. Unlike him, this isn't a lie. You're the only one for me. I vow to only care for you and spoil you with the best I have. I want to be the one standing beside you, supporting you. I want to be your love forever and ever, without break or decay. When the hills are all flat, the rivers are all dry. When it thunders in winter, when it snows in summer. When heaven and earth mingle, not till then will I part from you." He took her hand in his and promised.

"That..." Angelina's cheek was flushed red. She paused before adding, "Wait... Isn't that from a famous poem?"

"...Yes. I remembered you liked it." Charles nodded with little shame. "But I really do mean everything I said."

"Well that is sweet. I mean I'm not saying I'm not giving you a chance... You can try!" She crossed her arms and turned away.

"I was hoping you'd say that." He chuckled, "My life means nothing if your not part of it."

"What... huh!?" She turned back around to face him, her face red as a ripe apple. She really is amazed by how bold this cheeky emperor has gotten!

She wanted to say something but was stopped by something gently gracing her forehead. She looked up and saw that he had placed his hand behind her head and placed a kiss on her forehead. Her brain was really melting at that moment.

He pulled away and smiled at her.

"You're truly brave!" She covered her forehead and fled inside the princess's palace as fast as she could, disregarding her usual elegant and graceful manner.

-----------

Evelina glared at the hideous dress being brought inside her room and felt her stomach turn from disgust.

"I can't wear this! I'll look like a cabbage!" Evelina screamed.

"I-it's not that bad m'lady... I'm sure you'll be dazzling in everything you wear! With the right hairstyle and jewelry, it'll be fine!" Lia tried to reassure Evelina but she herself knew it was pointless. There's no way to redeem that monstrosity of a dress!

"Oh shut up! If I wear that to the most important celebration of the year, my name will be ruined forever! I would rather die!" Evelina frantically scratched her head. If she could, she would cut that gown to shreds! But she can't! That sister of hers will definitely rat her out to princess Elizabeth. Then she'll be in big trouble!

Is there really no way out of this one?

Her day really couldn't get any worse...

As if fate was answering her question, a knock sounded from her door, followed by a voice of a maid saying, "eldest miss, two guests has arrived. Her grace and the youngest miss are already in the lobby."

...

Evelina quickly ordered Lia to fix her messy hair and rushed to the lobby. Only to be faced with disappointment as one of the guests who had arrived wasn't Chase.

Instead it was Arianna and Rienne.

In a grandly decorated lobby, five women were present. Duchess Beatrice, Evelina, Angelina, Arianna, and Rienne. While Rienne was exchanging greetings with the duchess, Angelina was suspiciously whispering to Arianna. Arianna would nod once Angelina finished and whisper a few words while gesturing something around the waistline of her dress.

"Oh lady Evelina! About time you came down! I thought you would keep us waiting till we grow white hair!" Rienne's laugh echoed throughout the lobby. Mocking and ridicule were expressed in the form of a sneer on her sneer.

Evelina's lips twitched. It was her who came over without notice, why should she be rushing to greet her!?

"Apologies, lady Rienne." Evelina bit her lip and muttered.

"I know you don't mean that." Rienne didn't bother with politeness and spared Evelina no mercy.

"You..." Evelina glared at Rienne and turned to the duchess. Beatrice just stood there, head lowered. She didn't even say anything.

' Hahaha... Again. Just stand there and watch, huh? ' Evelina gave her mother a cold look before greeting Arianna.

"Oh! I've forgotten something. I'll be right back..." Angelina exclaimed after an exaggerated gasp. She left quickly, in the direction of Evelina's bedroom...

Evelina knew she was lying about 'forgetting something' and just wanted an excuse to leave for a moment. But she felt that she had nothing to worry about. Lia is guarding outside, surely nothing will happen.

*********

' The Travelling Soul '

Lia stood guard in front of the door. She heard light footsteps before her vision began to fade. She couldn't even catch a glimpse of the one's shoes before everything faded to black.

She moved aside and let the person inside the room obediently, eyes hollow.

Angelina entered the room and immediately spotted the sickly bright green dress that hung in front of the wardrobe, causing the charming white wardrobe to look unsightly with the gown covering it.

' It's finally time! Oh Eve...' Angelina pulled out a scissor and sharpened letter opener. Shortly after putting down the gown, she began working.

Her intentions were not to ruin the gown but to... Adjust it. The slender white hand carefully cut the sowing of the waits from the inside with little strength. A thin layer of sweat formed on her forehead as she focused on every little movement she made. Earlier Arianna had already taught her a very clever trick on how to do it. 

The gown will not fall apart when worn, but if the person makes too many movements, the stitching will slowly break apart and...well it's clear what will happen next.

Perfect for a dance on the day of the emperor's birthday ball...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Mastim's Curse By Mark Board

Mystery / Thriller

1.7K 181 50
Lilith walked the Earth for the first time in a thousand years. Her long black hair draped thickly over her shoulders. Dark eyes and full lips set of...
5.9K 351 36
After the death of her mother, Lilith Anders is left in the care of her cousin. Everyone knows that. What they don't piece together is that, with her...
17K 517 82
Evelyn, a modern woman, finds herself suddenly transmigrated into a novel where her peaceful life is turned upside down by a crazy Duke who happens t...
23.8K 1.7K 29
"Let's go for a party." They said. "It'll be fun." They said. Well my best friends were so wrong. So very very wrong... My world literally turned u...