ruthless

By fictionxwh0re

it's always the innocent girl who falls for the dangerous mafia boss....not anymore Nicoletta Rivera has been... More

intro
chapter 1: bed
chapter 2:the Delucas
chapter 3:pain tolerance
chapter 4:james
chapter 5:rose
chapter 6: masquerade
chapter 7:tourture
chapter 8:his view
chapter 9:emotions
chapter 10:justice
chapter 11:ravers
chapter 12:truth or truth
chapter 13: feelings
chapter 14: trauma and tears
chapter 15:not weak
chapter 16: woman
chapter 17:trainer
chapter 18: scars
chapter 19: club ultra
chapter 20: patheic
chapter 21: 3am
chapter 22: rest
chapter 23: truth
chapter 24: the avalon
chapter 25: truthful feelings
chapter 26:whore
chapter 27: to our future selves
chapter 28: crema
chapter 29: destroy
chpater 30: sanchez
chapter 31: childhood
chapter 32: mine
chapter 33: shower
chapter 34: inner thoughts
chapter 35: something good
chapter 36: weight room
chapter 37: tattoo
chapter 38: tasks
chapter 40: tease
chapter 41: work day
chapter 42: unknown number
chapter 43: warehouse
chapter 44: grip
chapter 45: suck it up
chapter 46: pathetic desires
chapter 47: tired soul
chapter 48: celebration
chapter 49: misson
chapter 50: twisted bonnie and clyde
chapter 51: struggle
chapter 52: cliffs and clubs
chapter 53: grilled cheese
chapter 54: join
chapter 55: past
chapter 56: cece
chapter 57: meetings
chapter 58: puzzle pieces
chapter 59: Mattise
chapter 60: plane
chapter 61: momma sandy
chapter 62: arme à feu
chapter 63: old friend
chapter 64: the one and only
chapter 65: repent
chapter 66: polaroids
chapter 67: hades
Chapter 68: home
chapter 69: milan
chapter 70: day one
chapter 71: stiches
chapter 72: fear
chapter 73: internal battle
chaoter 74: feast
chapter 75: flesh
chapter 76: heal
epilogue
thank you.

chapter 39: sanchez ball

10.6K 144 31
By fictionxwh0re

NEW CHAPTER BESTIESSSS
this is what i chose for nikis dress and hazel's suit. ENJOY THE CHAPTERRRR

We went to see Mrs.deluca last week and safe to say i love that woman. we stayed the night and i couldn't sleep so i went downstairs to get water and haylee was there. We talked for a while and it was a really deep conversation. We talked about my mom,and her husband,and then Lucaino,then her daughter who she hates. I talked about celia and my stress. we're both good listeners.

Haylee actually cried when talking about her husband and I just hugged her. and then I started crying. After a while we started to laugh and talk about the things we love in life.

The rest of the week went by pretty slow because the mafia was so busy,but we're taking over the rose mafia we have to be.

putting my shoes on i look in the mirror and fix my bun and necklace. my all black dress hits the floor i love it. my door opens and hazel walks in "oh my god" hazel wears a black suit with a black bralette underneath. "you are so fucking hot" i place my hands on my knees

"Do a spin for me baby" she does "ugh your so hot" she smiles "look at you sexy, lemme see" i turn around spreading my dress out and she gasp "i might die,your too hot, luciano's gonna lose it. and so is blade" she pokes my shoulder "ha ha so funny"

I roll my eyes and she takes my hand "let's go baby girl" she winks at me and I wink back. walking out of my room i turn my light off and we walk down the hall.

approaching the steps the boys wait downstairs. Luciano's eyes light up. holy shit he looks good. luacinos wear an all black suit with a white shirt and black tie underneath. I can't believe he's mine.

walking down the steps luciano's eyes scan my body. i walk up to him smiling "you looks gorgeous'' i smile "thank you,this suit looks good on you" pulling me into him he kisses my cheek "i love this dress" leaning close to my ear "i can't wait to rip it off you later" my stomach flutter and my hand finds his chest.

I pull back and smile "you're more than welcome to do so" turning to vin and hazel he's still hyping her up "look at you baby" his hand is in hers and she's spinning around. "I can't believe I got to call you my girlfriend" he pulls her into him and kisses her "gross" i turn away and look back at luciano.

Antonio walks in from the kitchen. "guys, i'm
bringing my- my uh" he sighs "you can say boyfriend antonio." I hear a familiar voice walk in "dante?" he smiles. "hi niki" antonio looks between us "you guys know each other?" we both nod "he's my trainer." I point at dante. Hazel and Vin step closer to us.

"well congratulations to the both of you '' Alice smiles and leans on Stefanos' shoulder. I step up to both of them. "Dante, you are an amazing trainer and you've helped me improve so much,but if you hurt my brother I won't hesitate to kill you nice and slowly'' I smile, placing a hand over my chest.

"niki" antonio drags out my name "no it's fine" dante laces his fingers with antonio's "i won't hurt him" i stare at him for a moment "good because-" a hand wraps around my wrist and i'm pulled back into luciano's "okay let's press the cool down button" i hold back a smile

Dad walks down the hall from his office in a grey suit with a black shirt and tie underneath. He scans all of us and smiles "looking good d-man" hazel speaks from behind me and dad looks confused but accepts it.

"so do you hazel,okay let's go if we're late v is going to kill me" i grab luciano's hand and we make it out the suvs. luciano and i in the first,alice and stefano in the second,hazel and vinchenzo in the third, antonio and dante in the fourth third, and dad with one of his friends he met a long time ago in the last one.

Luciano helps me in and I sit in the seat furthest from the door. He steps in and I look at our driver. I've seen the man a lot in my four years here. I think he goes by bellator. which is just warrior in latin, another language I know because of rose.

Luciano looks at me and I catch him staring "you are so beautiful" I smile and he starts opening his arms "come here" he tilts his head and i laugh. I playfully roll my eyes and I plop down in his lap leaning my head on the window.

Luciano's hands firmly stayed around my waist as his lips set multiple quick kisses along my neck and jaw. it tickles a bit and i squirm around in his lap laughing. he stops setting his chin on my shoulder and i relax into him.

his fingers drum against my dress as we take each other in. "The whole mafia finds out about us tonight'' I nudge Lucaino with my head a bit. "good,all the men who think they have a chance with you will know you're all mine." I turned my head to look at him.

"What men? the older ones that have been looking at me like a piece of meat since i was 14? or the younger ones who think they have a chance now that I'm 18?"

he rolls his eyes playfully "i know how they stare at me and hazel,we just ignore it" he nods "everyone's gonna stare at you tonight,one because you look absolutely delicious in this dress" he places kisses on my collarbone.

"And two because i'm going to be with you" he smiles "let them stare,well put on a show" i place a quick kiss on his lips.

I sit in his lap until I see the big gate of the Sanchez home. i move myself off his lap and he looks confused at first. "Someone's gonna open the door for us,and there's going to be pictures. i don't think we want a picture of me on your lap" he smiles and nods

The driver maneuvers the car around the large circle fountain in front of the large doors of the Sanchez home. Luciano's door opens and he steps out holding a hand for me.

getting up from my seat I take his hand stepping out. flashes from a large camera hit us but we ignore them. "Pose for us" one of the camera men motions me closer to luciano.

I place my hand on his chest and his arm wraps around my body and his hand grips my waist. We both put on big smiles "now give us something serious" i make a straight yet prideful face. The camera men move out of the way letting us through.

I hook my arm around Luciano's as we walk through the large open doors. the sanchez home is huge,so many hallways that i got lost the first time i came here

"So Cassie is going to be here" I admire the Sanchez family photos throughout the years. "Bonocchi?" I look at him and nod. "yep,she's wanted to get in your pants for years. she's not going to be happy" he smiles and we make a left and proceed down another long hallway.

The Bonocci family handles the casino we own,and all those small sketchy stores that put money through so it's not suspicious. Cassie's a year older than me and at events all she's talked about is how hot luciano is. All these years I just ignored her,but she was right, Lucaino is hot.

she only talks about wanting to fuck him,or any guy for that matter. She sleeps with someone and moves on and does that over and over. i don't think she'll be happy when she sees me with him but i really don't care,she's the one who set me up with aaron.

we take a right and start to hear the classical music and chatter. "okay now mafia member mode" i look up at luciano and he stops in his tracks closing his eyes.

I stop with him "okay now we can go in" i smile one last time before doing the same. taking another right we see the ballroom down the last long hallway.

waking forward i see aunt v yelling a caterer and internally laugh a bit. several round tables cover the floor seated with all familiar faces,even some newbies that i've seen around the house.

stepping into the room everyone turns toward us. The chatter stops and is replaced by whispers great. just ignore it niki.

I turn to my left and a woman in an all black dress suit is standing. "Your seating is in the middle all the way in the back Ms.Rivera." She leans forward and points to an empty U-Shaped table on an elevated floor with 10 seats.

I nod and walk forward to the table with my head held high. People stare following us as we walk to the table. I catch some man no younger than 35 checking me out. gross he's done it for years,i'll tell him off at some point just not yet.

we make it to the table and everyone continues to stare "okay you can stop looking now." I gesture to everyone and they all avert their eyes,except for one. Cassie's eyes stay stuck on us. her hand falls from some man's chest and her jaw is dropped.

Lucaino pulls my seat out for me at the end and I sit down thanking him. He sits next to me while Stefano and Alice walk in.

The burgundy dress that matches Stefano's tie looks absolutely gorgeous on her. She looks around the room and I can tell she's a little uncomfortable. making eye contact with her I motion for her to breathe and she does.

her body language changes and she walks with confidence as people converse with each other. When they make it to the table, Stefano pulls out the seat next to Luciano and she sits. Stefano takes the seat to her left.

She shakes a bit as she clasps her hands together and her eyes dart around the room. stefano notices and he touches her hand interlocking his fingers with hers. he brings her hand to his lips and places a small peck "You'll be fine" she nods and her curls bounce a bit.

I've never seen Stefano like this with a girl. He really seems to care for her. He doesn't treat Alice like he's treated girls in the past. He sees the little things in her,notices when she starts to freak out, and surprisingly keeps her calm. it's a side of him you don't see.

Vincenzo and Hazel walk through holding hands "everyone!" Vincenzo's voice booms and everyone looks in their direction. "Hazel and I are officially together. we are both off limits.that's all" hazel blushes with a huge smile on her face. They both walk to the table and vin pulls out a seat letting hazel sit,leaving two empty spots from stefano for dad.

Dad and his friend walk though and people nod their heads at him. It's Antonio's turn the whole mafia finds out tonight. I know everyone will accept him,maybe not Mr. and Mrs.Ricci. they have been in the mafia the longest even my grandparents didn't think the way they do.

girls wear dresses,boys wear suits, a lady should wear something so revealing,marrige is something between a man and woman,sex is for married couples,drugs are gross. I could keep going with all they have told me over the years. Dad won't kick them out because they are in their 80's we're just waiting them out at this point.

I see Antonio and Dante at the end of the hall,hands locked together,and walking with straight faces. They make it in the ballroom and everyone stares at them. The only noise heard is classical music.

"What are you all staring at?" antonio looks around "really antonio, i thought you were better than this" the thick italian accent of Mr.Ricci pierces my ears. both antonio and dante's heads snap in his direction. he sits at the table with the Bonocci's and a few other people.

Antonio whispers something to Dante and then let's go of his hand. Dante makes it to the table taking a seat next to vinchenzo. "Is everyone going to be okay with us?" he tilts his head. "Yes we really don't care about all that stuff,the Riccis are just all types of old-fashion" vinchenzo pats his shoulder as he speaks.

"Antonio,you just haven't met a nice enough lady. you know you're not a f-" aunt v steps behind him slapping a hand on his mouth. Antonio stands by the table in shock.

Antonio walks over to our table taking a seat next to dante. "It's okay Toni, Mr.Ricci had all types of colorful language when he found out about me" Hazel shrugs her shoulders and Antonio snorts.

looking past antonio aunt v is pulling Mr.Ricci out of the room this should be interesting. A few more people walk in taking their seats and the Sanchez's walk in.

They all wear the same navy color. blade and daniel have the same suit on,while Maria wears the most beautiful off the shoulder gown.

"Hello everyone, thank you for coming" Maria smiles wide. Tonight is very special. Tonight is the first annual ball under the Sanchez name." we all clap and she motions for us to stop after a moment. "This took a lot of planning,so I hope you all enjoy it. let the night begin"

We all clap once more as the Sanchez's make their way to a table on the side. people get up from their spots and so do we. I spot Mrs.Deluca and her god awful husband at the table closest to ours.

luciano takes my hand "we have to pretend my mom doesn't know about us,i have to properly introduce you to them" i sigh "i'm going to kill him" luciano glares at me "niki no, please be civil for one night" he squeezes my hand a bit. "fine" the anger in my body bubbles but i know i can keep it contained,i'll try my best.

As we walk over to the table,blade walks up to us. We both stop. "I heard the news,congratulations guys, I am very happy for you" blade smiles with his hands in front of him "thank you blade" luciano nods pulling out hands apart and placing the hand on my waist. possessive much.

"thank you blade,that means a lot coming from you" i place a hand on luciano's chest. "okay we'll now i have to greet a majority of the entire mafia,my moms orders,see ya" he salutes us and i salute him bad laughing a bit.

After he's gone I grab Luciano's hand. "parent time" we walk toward the table and haylees eyes light up as we approach. Both lucainos parents stand. anger flares up as i make eye contact with lorenzo breath niki you can do this. Lucaino squeezes my hand and we stop in front of them.

"Nicoletta it's so good to see you,it's been awhile" haylee holds a hand out play along "it's good to see you Mrs.Deluca how have you been" i shake her hand "i've been very good thank you for asking." She pulls her hand away and my eyes shift to lorenzo.

Luciano's panic attack pops into my head and I squeeze his hand. He hurts them. I stare Mr.deluca in the eyes for a moment before I snap back into reality. I refuse to shake his hand "Mr.deluca" . I nod my head swallowing hard.

"how have you been" the words come out sounding forced. "i have been good,thank you for asking nicoletta" his hands stay behind his back.

"so,Niki and I have made this official and thought it was time we all meet properly" Luciano sounds normal despite the fact that I'm squeezing his hand so hard and digging my nails into his skin.

Mrs.deluca smiles "that's lovely to hear,you two look amazing" haylee leans her head on Mr.Delucas arm and I smile. "Nicoletta,I know you will treat my son well" Lorenzo sounds confident with his words "thank you Mr.Deluca." I sigh "it means a lot" I force a smile out. I take my free hand and flick my thumb against my pointer finger as I stare at lorenzo.

punch him punch him punch him punch him punch him. rose's voice rings in my mind.

"niki you will not- oh sorry,i didn't mean to interrupt" hazel comes up from behind me oh thank god i turn around "what's up hazel?" Luciano turns with me "I just have to show you- something- it can wait" she starts to step back "no it's fine hazel you can take her" Mrs.deluca hold her hands up.

"Are you sure? i don't want to interrupt" Mrs.Deluca nods "we're sure" haylee grabs Mr.Delucas hand. "okay thank you,come on you two" hazel walks to the other side of the room. "What is it you wanted to show me?" I let go of Luciano's hand. "oh nothing you're going your thumb thing" she points to my hand and i immediately stop.

"You just started doing it recently,I don't want anyone getting hurt." This is why she is my best friend. I take a deep breath, calming my body down. "Thank you" I smile at her. luciano's hand find the small of my back "i'm going to go around the party i'll catch you in a little"

I look up at him "okay" he kisses my cheek and pulls away from me. walking over to a group of people a few feet away.

Alice walks over to us holding her dress "hi" she smiles and we smile back "hi" hazel and i say in unison. That's been happening a lot lately. "who's that" she points across the room to blade speaking with a bunch of mafia wives whore

"That's blade,he's the Sanchez's son" she nods "oh" i look at her "why?" she sighs "at the first club i worked at,he was a regular of mine" my eyes widen "oh my god" i laugh a little and she hits me gently "stop it,what if he recognizes me" i shrug "you tell him why your here and he'll back off"

"Okay" she's hesitant "this party is definitely the scariest thing i think i've ever done" she takes a sip of her champagne "it's not so bad once you get used to it" hazel smiles. "My first Rivera Ball was scary, but you just have to be confident and you're okay, '' Alice nods.

"and ignore that they are looking at you like a sex object" i add to hazel's words. "that i'm used to,stripping kind of trains you for that kind of stuff" she shrugs "preach it" aunt v walks through the room once again and hugs maria.

"alice!" Stefano calls from across the room and her head snaps "come here" she takes a deep breath "okay,more scary mafia people time" she walks over to him. "I think Cassie isn't too happy about my new boyfriend" I turn to hazel.

"Oh come on, Cassie Bonocchi is the most miserable bitch on earth. The only time she's ever happy is when she's getting fucked" i snort "does she even know about aaron?" i shake my head "i don't think so"

Vincenzo comes up behind Hazel "baby,there's some people i want you to meet" she looks at him before looking at me "i'll be back" i laugh a little and she gets pulled away. walking forward I feel a hand on my shoulder.

Turning around, I look up to see cassie. She's a little taller than I am so I angle my head a bit. "niki" she looks pissed. "cassandra" i place my hands in front of me. her jaw clenches. "What's your problem? I set you up with a guy,you started dating and now you're with the guy I've been trying to get with."

I smile "It's been 5 years cassie. We broke things off" i tilt my head at her "and I don't have a problem,I can't help my feelings '' I shrug "if you don't mind I have to go" I turn around and start to walk off "you know it's really low-end of you. last time i checked we were friends, you don't do that to people your friends with"

I turned around. "Well the last time I checked you don't set your friends up with people like aaron." I stare at her with an emotionless expression. "What do you mean people like aaron?" I tilt my head at her "don't act like you don't know." I step closer to her.

"We'll do you atleast know where he is so I can talk to him" she folds her arms "yeah i do" i turn around and start to walk off "somewhere at the bottom of lake como" i walk away with pride. bitch

...

I sip my wine as I listen to the conversation my father is having. "So we found the drugs, but my ex wife has them. we'll get the supply back after we take over her mafia my question is how did she get it in the first place" dad takes another puff of his cigar,he doesn't smoke but at events like these he always makes an exception. i'm bored of this

I walk away and wander to the side of the ballroom to a closed door. What's this?turning the knob I walk in to see maria and a few mafia members doing coke off the glass table. "oh sorry" maria raises her head "oh niki hi love" she smiles "do you want any?" she wipes her nose

"No thanks,I was just wandering around. i'll leave" she waves as i step out of the room okay weird. I walk back over to dad's conversation and all the men smile at me. I don't smile back but listen to my father talk.

"come on nicolette smile un sorriso ti starebbe così bene" (a smile would look so pretty on you) Marcus Anello grabs my chin with his fingers. I rip his fingers from my face. "dammi una ragione e forse lo farò" i send him tight lipped smile. (give me a reason and maybe i will)

The men erupt into laughter as Marcus stands there ashamed yea bitch don't touch me. dad steps close to him stopping the laughter "don't touch my daughter marcus,that could end very badly for you" Anello he steps back "yes,i'm sorry sir"

my father touches his chin the same way he touched mine before gripping his face and forces his head toward me "scusati con lei" (apologize to her)

all the men watch in fear. They don't know what dad is going to do,literally speaking he could do whatever he wants and they can't say anything. "Nicoletta I'm sorry I should not have touched you" laughter bubbles inside me. "Would you look at that,he gave me a reason" I point and all the men laugh. Dad lets him go and goes back to his spot.

Marcus lets the laughter happen with a mix of anger and fear on his face. I stare at him smiling before walking off. my eyes make their way to cassie's hand on lucainos chest oh hell the fuck no.

Luciano takes a step away from her and turns his head "niki hi" he sounds relieved. I walk up to him "Luciano" his hand goes around my waist "and what were you talking about" I look at his chest and wipe around the area she touched before placing my hand there.

"oh you know,mafia stuff" cassie looks at me annoyed "oh yeah,like your wing of the mafia right?" she nods "yep,all the business stuff" i turn to luciano "continue"

"yea the casino is doing really well and-" i touch his face lightly and he turns his head to me.

"Yeah,what else?" I stare into Luciano's eyes. "and that little pizza place is doing great,we have sent a lot
of mon-" i slowly pull luciano's face toward mine "mhm continue"

"we also helped find the.." I don't listen to whatever she's saying and pull Luciano's lips to mine. I held his chin gently before moving my hand to his face. I let the kiss happen for a moment before I pull away. looking at cassie she stares at me fuming.

"If you don't mind,I'll be taking my boyfriend somewhere more private '' I get a little closer to her before taking Luciano's hand and walking away. we walk out of the room and take a left.

We stop at the end of the hall and take another left. We walk down the long hallway and place ourselves in front of a mirror and two chairs. "That was hot." Luciano looks at me and I smile.

"she pissed me off" i shrug "oh yeah?" oh shit. his hands wrap around my waist and i place my palms on his chest "how did she piss you off?" his tone still teasing and he smirks at me.

"she screwed me over" he leans down, pressing his lips against mine. my hands move to his jaw and the kiss deepens. Luciano's hands travel my body as the kiss becomes more heated.

he steps forward causing me to step back into another dim hallway wall. The kiss begins to become rough and Luciano takes my leg placing it on his hip and his hand travels up my dress.

I'm going to let him take me right here, oh my god. Luciano's fingers play with my black thong. his lips trail down to my neck leaving small kissing until he gets to my collar bone. He pulls his lips away from my body and moves to my ear.

"i'm goung to fuck you so hard later,you'll forget your own name" his lips brush against my ear sending chills down my spine. oh shit my body tingles at his words.

he pulls away leaning on the opposite wall. I step forward and take his hands into mine. "we should go back to the party" i try to drag him but he stays put. "let's go" he pulls me into him with ease.

I stare at him for a moment and he smiles. His eyes scan my face as I angle my head toward him. "Okay now we can go. '' He pulls me and I look in the mirror. Okay, makeup and hair is fine despite the heated makeout session.

we walk back down the several hallways until we reach the ballroom. alcohol has clearly started to hit most of the members systems.

My father is even a little tipsy as he sits at the table with some of his friends. Hazel and Alice sit at a table talking to a few of the wives. my eyes scan the room and Mr.Deluca hides away in a corner taking a swig out of a rather large flask.

Luciano's hand grips mine and when I look over at him I know he's looking at his father too. "I'll go handle it" he lets go of my hand and walks to the other side of the room.

Mrs.Ricci stares at Hazel with her arms folded. oh hell no after the years of knowing this woman you tend to pick up her patterns. first it's the arms,then it's the narrow eyes,the sigh, and finally the big homophobic or sexist speech.

I've heard the 'women should know their place in life' and 'a proper lady doesn't dress like that' speeches so many times I could practically recite them.

I walk over to the table taking a seat next to Hazel and alice. Mrs.Ricci squints her eyes and sighs. "hazel my dear so you like wearing that" her wrinkled finger with the same light pink polish she's always worn points at hazel.

"wearing what?" She sips her wine and Mrs.Ricci puts her finger down. "girls should be wearing dresses" Mrs.Ricci tone is laced with disgust. "Well good thing i'm not a girl,i'm a woman" hazel sends her a tight lipped smile.

"my husband and i are still not okay with that bisexual thing you think you are. a real man like vinchenzo is stupid to be with you. it's only a matter of time he leaves you for a proper woman.'' She leans back in her chair and I grow angry. no matter what anyone thinks they are,you will not speak to people i love with disrespect.

I look at Mrs.Ricci with my eyebrows raised. i look at hazel and she stares at her in shock "vinchenzo cares about me very much" her tone isn't as strong as it was before. no hazel don't let this old bitch break you.

her eyes fill with tears but she holds them back. I went to speak but i'm stopped. "What's your name?" I hear Alice's voice "Mrs. Agatha Ricci." Alice stares at her with a look I haven't seen before. I'm not going to lie, anger is a scary thing on her.

"Yeah that's what i thought." she nods her head and stands up, taking a seat right next to Mrs.Ricci "listen hear, we're not living in the 20's anymore agatha. I can't change the way you think but I can give you some options." Alice's hand slides across the table and her fingers wrap around Mrs.Ricci steak knife.

Alice picks it up and rubs her fingers along the sharp side. "you can one" she points the knife at Mrs.Ricci "stab your eyes out so you'll never have to see anything you don't want to" she pulls the knife away and touches the tip to her finger "or two you can shut up and keep it to yourself"

Alice's back is turned to us but Mrs.Ricci's face is filled with fear. "good choice '' Alice stands up and grabs my hand. "Let's go" she leans over to Hazel whose nails are digging into her thighs. She reaches up and grabs Alice's hand standing up. "where the bathroom?'' Alice turns to me "i'll lead the way" we all walk out of the ballroom with our heads held high and hand in hand.

We walk straight and then take a left down a dim hallway until we see a door one the side labeled women's.

I push the door open with hazel and alice shortly behind me. Hazel shuts the door and she sighs "that woman better pray I don't go back and kill her" I grab the edge of the counter until my fists turn white. nicoletta, let the anger take over roses voices ring in my head.

Alice leans on the wall next to me taking deep breaths "she's not going to kill me right?" Alice leans her head back "no she won't" i laugh a little. the anger is still bubbling inside of me and my body is itching to go and grab that old bitch by the through breathe niki breath you're okay

Hazel leans on the counter a few feet away from me. She leans with her head down and I walk over to her and touch her shoulder but she shrugs me away. "hazel" i drag her name out.

"what" her head snaps toward me and her eyes are glassy. "i should have worn a dress" she looks up
  "no you shouldn't have" i grab her shoulder and pull hazel into a tight hug.

"you know he cares about you, don't listen to Mrs.Ricci'' hazel sighs "but she could be right what if-" i pull away and slap a hand over her mouth "there's no thinking like that hazel. you can't let her get your head"

she nods and i pull my hand away. "You know I love you right?" she nods and hugs me "yea i do,i love you too niki" i squeeze her a bit.

pulling away we both turn to Alice who's gripping her dress shaking. what the fuck "alice are you okay?" Hazel walks forward. "no i'm not" she angles her head up holding back tears. I walk forward and reach my arm out but she jolts away from me. "Could you get Stefano,please please get him," her breathing quickens. what the fuck is going on

"Hazel, stay here with her." I rush out of the bathroom and lift my dress to run. I take the right and walk down the hall. I make it into the room and I look around.

my eyes dart until they land on Stefano with a group of people. I speed walk toward them and I grab his wrist. "you have to come with me.'' My voice is calm but his eyes scan my face and he can tell something is wrong.

"i'll be back guys" i pull him out of the room and run back down the hall "niki what's wrong" i don't turn around "it's alice" i take the left and stefano starts rushing with me.

We make it down the hall and I push the door open to a panicking Alice who's crouching on the floor and hazel a few inches away from her crouching as well.

"alice!'' Stefano darts across the room and he crouches cupping her face. "what's wrong talk to me" she holds his wrist trying to speak but she can't "guys you can go i've got her"

he doesn't turn around and i grab hazel's hand "are you sure" i tilt my head "yea go back" hazel and i nod slowly walk out as stefano calms her down.

...

I stand next to Luciano holding his arm as one of the mafia men tells a story about how he hit a bullseye on some guy who owed him a few grand for drugs.

"right between the eyes Marco" he presses his finger to the spot between his eyes. The group of members laugh and drunkenly pat his shoulder all at once.

The laughing calms and all the men's eyes slowly fall on me. "How about you, Nicoletta,what's your best kill?" David Rizzo smiles at me tilting his head, letting his eyes fall to my cleavage.

He's always looked at me like this. I don't blame him, I'm hot,but it's seriously disgusting he's old enough to be my father.

"Well,my favorite kills have always been men." I tilt my head letting an evil smile grow. "Most recently would be this man marcus,i pinned him to the ground and beat him with my bare fists. I had to be pulled away because I didn't know he was dead" I stare at him in the eyes, holding eye contact.

"well- how about your least favorite kill" another man tilts his head "oh, um that's hard" what is my least favorite kill? oh that lucy chick "definitely the first mission my father sent me on"

"Well your first mission is always bad, no one is good enough to kill perfectly on their first mission" he shrugs "oh you got it all wrong, it didn't go wrong. i stabbed the girl like i was supposed to,but i didn't stab her enough and i did everything too quick so i was left there for 45 minutes watching her choke on her own bloo-"

getting a good look at all of the men their faces a wiped clean of any enjoyment,just like i intended. "well me and luciano are going to go now" i turn around rolling my eyes and he walks with me.

"you're sick in the head," I smile at him, "but you seem to like that about me," Luciano playfully rolls his eyes. "have you seen maria sanchez anywhere?" my eyes dart across the room.

"no i haven't" luciano starts to look around with me. has she not left the coke room? "I think I might know where she is." I pull Luciano to the side of the room in front of the door. I turn the knob and open the door walking in slowly.,the salty smell hitting my nostrils. ugh gross

my face scrunches a bit as I step into the room. looking around the room i don't see maria anywhere ow fuck. looking down and my hand luciano stays practically frozen in place gripping my hand. "luciano?" his head is held high but he looks at the floor and off the the side.

my fingers start to sting and I pull my hand away. He looks up at me "sorry nik i didn't mean to,uh" i furrow my brows "well she isn't in here let's go" luciano's rushes out of the room and i follow whats that about.

walking out i close the door behind me and someone runs into me "oh sorry-" looking up at the man he's much taller than me. Why haven't I seen him before?

He has blue eyes and dirty blonde hair. His dark grey turtleneck and black suit combo doesn't help the fact that I can't recognize him. Who is this? a hint of excitement twinkles in his eyes. the rest of his face remains straight "sorry i wasn't looking" that voice where have i heard that voice.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" he shakes his head "we ran into each other a few weeks ago,i'm the newbie. jason" i shake his hand "nicoletta" he nods and pulls his hand away "oh right,your the french canadian my father was going to skin alive" i point at him and he smiles laughing a bit.

"yes yes i am" i smile a bit. "Are you exclusively on Sanchez business?" I tilt my head and he nods "yes, as of now I'm just working in the cocaine wearhouse by the airport." I nod "I thought the cocaine wearhouse was on the boat port?" jason shakes his head "we uh changed it recently,practical reasons" i nod "oh alright"

"so niki there's talk your going to new york for your mother how do you plan on getting her?" woah "it's nicoletta" don't trust him. something in my body jolts my attention,setting alarms off in my brain. "my apologies nicoletta"

I hold my hand out smiling. "It's okay,I'm not sure how we're going to get her,maybe we'll lead her here. That might be easier" he nods "that's very smart nicoletta, did you think of that?" i shrug "group work" he nods once more.

"Are you going to kill her?" I smile "why are you so curious jason?" he freezes "everyone is,we don't hear much about it. i'm the only one who's bold enough to ask" he tries to put on a charming smile. weird "we'll be less bold" i send him a smile and turn away.

"Okay everyone!" Maria Sanchez holds a microphone in the middle of the room. stepping forward in the crowd surrounding her, I make my way next to a few random members I've seen around the house.

Looking at Maria, her pupils are dialed from all the coke and she has a big smile."v has instructed us to go into the other room for the big dance" her hand points outward to the grand doors leading to a second ballroom.

walking in the room is illuminated by only a few lights on each pillar. There are two large chandeliers that are dimmed to set a more romantic vibe. The ceilings and walls have beautiful carvings and art work.

a hand slides along my back and my head snaps to meet Luciano's eyes. He smiles at me as we walk to a spot in the room. Everyone else does the same and the music starts.

Lucainos stands across from me and he holds out his hand. Our mafia is big on old tradition and that is why we all know what to do just by the music. One of my really great grandfathers founded the Rivera mafia with his wife.

His wife was the daughter of an enemy mob and they both hated each other. my grandfather and her father really had it out for each other. one night she was alone with him,tried to kill him,he tried to kill her.

somehow they both fell in love through all of that bloodshed. When they told their parents,they got pushed away from their families and decided to start a mafia of their own. at the first ball they ever had, he proposed to her during the exact dance we have to learn as kids for times like these.

it actually started with two peoples names being pulled out of two hats at the first. My dad met Rose through the mafia and they had to dance together. That's when they realized they went to school together,and that's their love story. Dad stopped the hat tradition the year Rose left.

I interlock my hand with his and Luciano spins me around slowly. Everyone was in sync as the girls courtesy before walking around whoever they are dancing with.

Luciano's hands pull me into him and his hand graciously dances across my body until he reaches my shoulder. He spins me around so my back is now resting on him. Luciano's hand sides across my stomach before he lets me go.

Striding forward, Cassie Bonocchi faces me and i roll my eyes before taking a hold of her hand. raising our hands we spin around "your a whore niki" cassie whispers through her teeth,not moving her lips.

"really? I'm the whore, you set me up with a terrible human being. your mad i'm happy with him" i do the same as her,not moving my lips i pull out hands apart and walk back at luciano smiling. the music speeds just a bit.

luciano and i walk around each other not losing eye contact for a few seconds. walking toward each other he places one hand on my waist and the other he interlocks our fingers.

the classic ballroom dancing you always see runs through the room. I look up at him, "I know I've told you a lot tonight,but you look beautiful." I smile "thank you,you don't tell me that too often." I'm joking of course and I chuckle a bit. his hand caresses my cheek,surprisingly apart of the dance"

"Nicoletta Rivera, you are the most beautiful woman I have ever met. inside and out you're perfect. from the scars to that laugh of yours i wanna hear all day and night if i could, you are perfection. you're beautiful and i will tell you how beautiful you are until something in this world takes me."

oh my god. I'm dipped down and his lips brush against my neck. My eyes start fill with happy tears but I hold back. getting lifted back up i'm spun around and rush forward.

I spin around three times gracefully and then run toward Luciano who lifts me off the ground just a little. my hands push me up higher and he looks up at me,his chin pressing on my stomach. we spin around a few times until the music stops.

He holds me there for a few moments before letting me down slowly. I grab his face and kiss him,letting the tears fall as I close my eyes. my gloved fingers press against his skin as my feet hit the ground

The kiss isn't rough,or hungry,or soft, it's passionate and full with emotion. lucainos hands press against my lower back pushing me close to him. pulling away from the kiss I press my forehead against his and take a breath.

"luciano i-" i place my hands on his chest as tears stream down my face "just shut up and kiss me" i nod smiling "okay" i laugh a bit and i press my lips against his once more.

I don't care that Cassie is behind me,I don't care that blade is here,I don't care that the whole mafia is here, I don't care that my dad is in the room watching us. All that matters is him right now. my body tingles with joy. His words electrify me with so many emotions in the moment that i feel anything but numb.

pulling away from the kiss he cups my face. Luciano's thumbs wipe my tears and he smiles "everyone's watching" his voice is a whisper "I don't care" I shake my head smiling. "is there makeup running?" he shakes his head "surprisingly no" i nod and turn around.

i scan the room and everyone stares in shock "oh look, it cries" my eyes snap to cassie fuck no "yes i do cry, but wanna know what i can also do?" I step away from Luciano "what?" Cassie narrows her eyes. "i can break every single bone in your ent-" a hand wraps around my wrist and tugs me back.

"don't let her ruin this niki" his lips brush against my ear. "fine" I smile at Cassie before taking Luciano's hand and walking out of the room. I sit at our assigned table and Luciano sits next to me. the smell of foods runs through the room yes my favorite part of the night

...

stabbing my fork into some rigatoni i take yet another bite of my food. "We'll leave at 2:30" Dad sips his bourbon and the table nods.

grabbing luciano's wrist i look at the time on his watch 12:37 okay not bad. letting go of his wrist we all continue to eat. "hey niki" turning around blade motions me over to his table why i kick my feet like a child before taking the napkin off my lap and getting out of my chair.

I walk over to his table and I place my palm next to his plate of food and lean down "what" he smiles "what was that little cat fight with you and Bonocchi before?" I roll my eyes "you couldn't have waited til I finished my food to ask me" he shakes his head "nope" blade smiles like a child.

"i'm gonna hit you" i narrow my eyes "and that wasn't a cat fight,do you want a cat fight?" i raise my brows as he nods "later,when we're leaving i'll give the bitch something. and the reason we're fighting is because she's being a jealous slut" i smile and blade eyes widen'' I'll text you everything later" he nods and i walk back to our table.

"what was that about?" Lucaino cuts his steak "he was curious about before" . I sit back down and place the napkin on my lap and dig into my food.

...

grabbing my bag from one of the workers for the night i thank him and walk down the hall toward the front doors. Everyone is already outside and waiting for me. The night air flows in the foyer.

I'm about to walk outside when I spot Cassie fixing her shoes on the stairs. Her back turned to me. walking toward her i throw my black clutch on the couch and quietly walk over to her. I make sure my heels don't click against the marble.

i stop right behind her "cassie" she jolts when she turns around "i've had enough of your bullshit" i take her hair and grip it in my fist. i slam her head against the banister,face first" letting go of her hair she falls holding her nose.

taking her hand away her nose starts bleeding. "oh look, it bleeds" i turn away from her and look around the room okay good no one watching. I grab my clutch and walk out of the house to the open suv door where luciano sits inside.

walking down the steps I get help into the car and the door closes behind me. luciano smiles as he leans against the window "that was eventful" he laughs a bit

"eventful is definitely a word for it" I laugh a little as i relax into my seat.

this is 8k words AFTER editing i-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.4K 665 11
After a night of emotionally drinking Amara wakes up married to the notorious Kalon Velez. With her signature and name on a marriage certificate next...
5.5K 212 10
"In moments like those, when tears fill your eyes should we run away?" Mori An got pushed out the window of a second floor classroom. Beyond the r...
37.7M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...
6.9K 165 22
I AM GOING TO REWRITE THIS ENTIRE BOOK I wrote this a long time ago and had no idea what I was doing Thanks