Little Rainbow

By verinaeliz

In a small sleepy town somewhere in America a little baby girl lay sleeping in a basket on the front porch of... More

C1 Iridessa Magnolia Cullen
C2 Diagon Alley
C3 Hogwarts Express
C4 Year1 Part1
C5 Year1 Part2
C6 Year1 Part3
C7 Year1 Part4
C8 Year1 Part5
C9 Year1 Part6
C10 Summer
C11 Year2 Part1
C12 Year2 Part2
C13 Year2 Part3
C14 The Quidditch World Cup
C15 Year3 Part1
C16 Year3 Part2
C17 Year3 Part 3
C18 Year3 Part4
C19 Year3 Part5
C20 Year3 Part6
C21 Moving To Utensilville
C22 Year4 Part1
C23Year4 Part2
C24 Year4 Part3
C25 Decisions, Decisions
C26 Year5 Part1
C27 Year5 Part2
C28 Year5 Part3
C29 Coming Home Early
C30 TLC and A Little Jealousy
C31 Too Many Questions
C32 Wedding Invitation
C33 Carlisle said No
C34 The Ministry Has Fallen
C35 The Muggle School
C36 A Birthday Party
C37 The Volturi
C38 The Bitch Returns
C39 The Truth About Bella Swan
C40 The Final Move From Forks
C41 Don't Get Into Trouble
C42 War's End And Weddings And Happily Ever After

C0 A Baby Girl

16.1K 277 33
By verinaeliz

On a rainy night in a sleepy small town in America a little baby girl lay sleeping in a basket right on the front porch of a house that sat hidden from most other houses in the neighborhood  .

It lay behind a tall brick wall that nobody could climb over if they tried . Except maybe the one who placed the baby girl there on the porch  .

The porch had an overhanging roof that kept the  rain from the little baby .

Snuggled up in a thick yellow baby blanket , she was also protected from the cold . In fact ,her round baby cheeks flushed with the warmth that engulfed her whole tiny baby body .

Whoever put her there had thought of protecting her from the elements it seemed , but how that was accomplished none might perhaps never know. One would've thought that the cold might seep into her blanket . Yet as it is , it didn't. And that was a good thing .

The one who left her there also wrote a letter it seemed . A small corner  of the envelope was clutched in one of the baby's little hands .

If one would peek , it held no name but a rather strange sentence.

To Whom She Was Given .

Yes ,rather odd . Because she wasn't given . She was left on a stranger's porch with no way of knowing if the owner of the porch were nice or rude .

Good or evil.

One could go on and on , but it won't do much .

Though , inside this particular house lived a family of strange people who've lived a very long time .

People that wouldn't throw away a child if they had a chance of raising one .

There was a mother called  Esme and a father named Carlisle . There was also three boys and two girls .

They were the Cullens and Hales  . A family of Vampires that didn't drink the blood of humans .

They were a true family . Not some backwards Coven who cared only about numbers rather than familial bonds .

They loved and cared and all that just like normal families do .

They held a strong bond and would probably care for the baby girl like they cared for each other.

The family weren't home now as one would expect them to be .

No ,they were out hunting for animals ,which was probably a good thing because once they come home ,they would be discovering their new housemate and one of them needed more control over his bloodlust than the rest .

Jasper Whitlock , who went as Jasper Hale , the twin brother of Rosalie Hale ,one of the girls .

It was how they blend in . As a family , that is . Moving from one place to another once the years have gone on enough and people start noticing that they don't age .

The baby girl stirred in her sleep , clutching tighter onto the letter, her rosy full lips puckering and soft sniffling sounds coming from her as she sighed softly in her sleep .

The baby girl wasn't a very young baby . She was almost six months old and really pretty little thing .

If one would see her ,one would wonder why someone would leave her on someone's porch . A defenceless baby girl who had a very long time to grow up .

One would also wonder who left her there , considering that no one could get into the yard without going through the wrought iron gate at the end of the property.

Yet that iron gate was locked tightly. A sure thing that nobody could've gotten in that way .

And nobody could've gotten in from above because no human could fly .

The baby girl stirred again ,scrunching up her face like babies do when they're about to announce to the world that they are there and that they need attention .

Was she hungry , thirsty ,or both?. Did she need a nappy changing?.

None would know until they found her .

Her little face scrunched up again and then as if it was supposed to happen ,which it probably was, she let out a wail . And then another and another until it was a full out baby bawl .

Not far away from the house one of the house occupants halted in their tracks . They'd been on their way back having finished hunting before the others and had decided to walk home slowly , giving the others time to catch up to them .

But now their sensitive hearing had picked up the full out baby bawl and they became curious as to why a baby would be crying on their property .

They didn't take long to decide to pickup the pace and get to where they thought the baby would be and they weren't wrong .

With a swoosh of air they ran on vampire speed towards the front porch and not a second later ,they knelt down beside the basket and if they could turn more pale than they already would , they would've.
            🌈⭐⭐🌈
"Carlisle ,what have you got there?", a woman with soft caramel hair asked as she watched her husband holding a bundle of blankets gently in his arms .

" A baby ," came his simple blunt answer .

The woman frowned , growing a little upset that he might be joking with her .

Before she can open her mouth to argue with him,though, a group of teenagers come traipsing into the room .

They halted beside their mother . Each giving her a kiss before walking towards the stairs so that they could go and get changed .

But then one of them, a  blonde girl , spotted the  bundle of blankets in her father's arms and she vampsped right to his side to see what he was holding . Not a mere moment later she let out a gasp and then a squeal before trying to take the bundle from him ,but he pulled his arms this way and that ,not wanting to give up the bundle of joy that lay sleeping in his arms .

" Carlisle ,give him up ," she demanded , trying her utmost hardest to take the bundle from him .

" Her ,Rose . It's a baby girl ", he corrected automatically which elicited gasps and exclamations of "What the hell?", from the others.

The caramel haired woman lost her frown and walked over to see that her husband indeed held a baby in his arms .

" Please , Carlisle? ," Rosalie begged . She desperately wanted to hold that little baby in her arms.

Carlisle sighed and slowly, carefully reached his arms out to place the baby in his daughter's arms only for the bundle to be plugged from his arms , unceremoniously , by one of the boys , a big burly chap  with dark as night hair .

" Emmet ," Rosalie whined in exasperation  ," Give her to me . You'll crush her ".

But that was not his intent . He held her like one would hold a very delicate porcelain doll .

" Oooh ,so pretty ," he cooed as he looked down at the little baby's face ,taking in the rosy lips and round chubby cheeks .

Then he protested when she got plugged from his arms by the caramel haired woman , who smiled at him in amusement.

" Go get cleaned up ," she said ," Then all of you can get a turn to hold her . Now Go ".

With groans and protests they walked away . Except for one of them ,who looked a little pained because he was scared of the  human baby girl in their midst . He was scared that he'd kill her even though he couldn't smell anything but baby powder .

Once everyone were gone ,the woman turned her head to look at the baby girl again .

" Where'd you find her ?", she asked her husband.

"On the front porch," he said , walking closer to her ," There was a letter too . I haven't read it yet . She needed a change ,but since we haven't got any nappies , she's got no pants on right now , but I made sure to dry her up as good as I can . We can read the letter if you want . I'm sure that it'll explain who she is and all that . "

" We'll wait a bit for the others ," she said , her eyes not straying from the child in her arms .

Carlisle nodded ,his eyes straying to the letter on the kitchen counter . 

He wondered who wrote it like many logically would . It's not a crime, is it?.

" No it isn't ," one of the boys ,said as he walked back to them from the stairs ," I , myself , wonder what's written in that letter . I'm curious as to why someone would leave their own child on a stranger's porch".

The boy had bronze coloured hair that was swept back slightly , looking quite messy .

He smiled crookedly when he looked at the bundle in Esme's arms .

" We'll read the letter in a bit . Then we'll decide what we're going to do with her ", Carlisle said .

" Keep her of course ", Rosalie said from behind Edward," She's just a defenceless baby . How can _"

" Calm down ,Rose," Emmet cut her off as he walked down the stairs," Nobody said that we won't be keeping her ".

" Yeah, Carlisle was just thinking about our safety," Edward added," We have loads of options ".

Rosalie pursed her lips, but didn't comment.

Two more teens came to join them . One who was a short pixie like vampire and Jasper Whitlock who go by Hale .

" Read the letter," the pixie said ," We'll then know more about the baby and can make a decision based on it ."

" Alice , have you seen anything ?", Edward asked .

The pixie shook her head." I haven't looked . Come on ,Carlisle, please read the letter to us ?".

Carlisle sighed softly , feeling slightly annoyed at the teens .

" Fine ," he said ," But first let's locate to the living room where we can all get comfortable ".

Everyone complied . They all wanted to hear what the letter said . Especially Rosalie, who kept eyeing the baby girl , her hands itching to be able to hold her .
             🌈⭐⭐🌈
" ....I wish you luck in your endeavours in raising our little Iridessa , signed Albus Dumbledore ," Carlisle finished , feeling slightly better now that he read the whole letter that spoke of things he never could've imagined .

Oh ,he knew Witches and Wizards existed , because of his own upbringing , but he never imagined having the chance to raise one himself.

" A whole hidden magical community ?. What's next minotaurs?", Emmet scoffed .

He clearly didn't believe everything the letter explained to them .

" Emmet ," Rosalie said warningly ," I believe this letter . Carlisle , you've been living a long time ,yeah ?. So , is there any way that what this Albus Dumbledore has written , is true?".

Carlisle folded the letter up ,placing it back in the envelope before he nodded ." It's true . My father was one of the people who hunted all things supernatural , remember?. And think about this for one second . If werewolves and vampires exists ,then so does witches and wizards . It's not rocket science to figure out that the letter speaks the truth . I only wonder why we haven't discovered this Wizarding World in our travels . It would've been nice knowing it beforehand. We would be more prepared now. In any case , we should now decide if we're going to keep her or not . "

" I vote for keeping her ," Rosalie said  quickly ," The letter said that we'll be provided protection from any foes . So maybe the Volturi might not be able to do anything to us if we keep her . Anyway , you know that the system is corrupt. I can't imagine what will happen to her if someone figures out her secret ."

" They'd probably call her a freak ", Edward chimed in ," I won't like that to happen to her. So it's a yes from me ."

" Me neither ," Emmet spoke up ," So , I vote yes to keeping her ."

Carlisle pinched the bridge of his nose . " We didn't decide that we're going to vote on it ," he said ," We barely decided on anything . "

Esme smiled at him ." Oh, come on ,Grumpy. You've already decided to keep her the moment you brought her inside. I know you well enough to be sure of it. Anyway , it's a yes from me as well ." She held the bundle out to Jasper ,hoping to sway his and Alice's decision.

Jasper flinched back slightly ,but then he caught the fresh scent of baby powder and no blood, and so he reached out to take the bundle of joy from Esme , pulling her gently against his chest .

Alice smiled as she peeked at the rosy round  cheeks of the baby.

" I say yes ," she said ," I'd really love to see her grow up safe and happy from anything that could hurt her . And I know Jazz won't hurt her. I can't even smell her blood . She has no other scent than baby powder ."

Carlisle sighed. " Fine ," he said , knowing that he ,with Jasper's vote or not , would be out voted ," We'll keep her . There's documents here with the letter that needs signing and then she's ours . "

" Will she be a Cullen ?", Rosalie asked ," I mean , you're going to be her father like you're ours ,right?".

Carlisle smiled ." She's already a Cullen . It's on her birth certificate . It, along with the documents and the letter , is in the envelope ."

Everyone gaped at him before looking at the baby in Jasper's arms .

" You think she might be a very distant relative of yours ?", Edward asked.

Carlisle shrugged." Probably . I did have a life before I came to be what I am now . She's probably a descendant of that union . But I won't be sure unless I check . "

He looked apologetically at Esme who waved at him in dismissal .

" It's in your past , My love . If she's a descendant then so be it . She has a right to be with us then. Anyway, we should go shopping . She needs things . We can't have her go without it ".

" It's Saturday today ," Rosalie said , looking at her watch," We can go shopping once the shops open ."

" Oooh, shopping . Count me in ," Alice said excitedly while taking the baby from Jasper to hold her for a bit before handing her over to Rosalie ,who sighed softly in relief for finally getting to hold the baby .

She had been sure that she'd never get the chance .

" I didn't get a chance either ," Edward said with a pout," It's my turn next ,okay ?".

Everyone laughed at how impossibly funny he looked and Carlisle knew that the right decision was made to keep the sweet little Rainbow after the storm.
             🌈⭐⭐🌈
So I've had this one in mind for awhile . Hope you like it .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7K 265 45
| Vampires, Werewolves, and Witches, all the supernatural monsters to create a little horror for a scared little soul. | <>•<>•<>• "You can't help m...
496K 12.8K 35
Book 1: After the end of fourth year at Hogwarts you felt unsafe in the wizarding world after the return of the dark lord who is after your best frie...
111K 2.6K 56
A little 11 year old girl was extremely shy and didn't fit in. When the Sorting Hat tried to place her, it didn't know which House to put her in. Now...
78 5 10
Vampires at a fine restaurant. A woman searching for her sister after a car crash. A teenage boy's first kiss. A New York teen discovering a secre...