Hiraeth

By kat1ynn

Two teenagers drowning in their own emotions. She was the 'I'm fine' type of girl. He was the 'no you not, t... More

ᴀᴇꜱᴛʜᴇᴛɪᴄ|ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛ
ʟɪꜰᴇ
ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴇᴛɪᴛɪᴏɴ
ꜱᴄʀɪᴍᴍᴀɢᴇꜱ
ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴄᴇꜱ
ɴᴇᴡʙɪᴇꜱ
ᴅᴇᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ
ʀᴀɪɴ
ᴘᴜᴍᴘᴋɪɴꜱ
ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅꜱ
ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ
ɪɴꜱᴛʀᴜᴍᴇɴᴛ
ᴏᴘᴘᴏꜱɪᴛᴇꜱ
ꜱᴛᴀᴅɪᴜᴍ
ꜱᴛᴀʀꜱ
ꜱᴍɪʀᴋꜱ
ʀɪᴅᴇꜱ
ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴛʏ
ᴛʜɪɴᴋ
ɪɴʜᴇʀɪᴛ
ꜱᴏʙʙɪɴɢ
ꜱᴏʀʀʏ
ʙɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏ
ʙᴀᴄᴋ
ᴋɪɴᴅ
ᴛʜᴀɴᴋꜱ
ᴄʀᴀᴠᴇ
ʟɪɢʜᴛ
ᴘᴀʀᴋ
ʜᴇʀᴏ
ᴍᴏɴᴇʏ
ᴡʜʏ
ᴋɪᴛᴄʜᴇɴ
ᴅᴇꜱᴛɪɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
ᴡɪɴᴅ
ɢᴀʀᴅᴇɴ
ᴇᴍᴘʟᴏʏᴇᴇꜱ
ɢʀᴀᴛᴇꜰᴜʟ
ᴛᴇᴀᴍ
ᴅᴇᴄᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
ꜱɪʀᴇɴꜱ
ᴋɪꜱꜱᴇꜱ
ꜱᴘɪɴɴɪɴɢ
ʟᴇᴄᴛᴜʀᴇ
ᴅʀɪɴᴋꜱ
ᴄᴏɴꜰʀᴏɴᴛ
ʟᴜᴄᴋ
ꜱᴇᴄʀᴇᴛꜱ
ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ
ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ
ᴀᴘᴘʀᴏᴠᴀʟ
ʀᴏᴏꜰᴛᴏᴘꜱ
ᴄᴏᴀᴄʜᴇꜱ
ʜɪʀᴀᴇᴛʜ
ᴀɴɴᴏᴜɴᴄᴇᴍᴇɴᴛꜱ
ᴇɴᴠʏ
ʙᴜꜱɪɴᴇꜱꜱ
ᴍᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢꜱ
ᴛɪᴀʀᴀ
ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴍ
ᴍᴀʟɪʙᴜ
ɴᴏɴ ᴊʙᴄ
ᴄᴏᴏᴋɪᴇꜱ
ꜰᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ
ʟᴏᴠᴇ

ꜱᴛʀᴏɴɢ

1.9K 63 27
By kat1ynn

"Move Matt!" I nudge his hip to move over. "Oh shit this is my favorite part!"

"Your making me lose Carter!" He groans. "How is Laura winning? She's barely even trying." He points to her.

"It's because I'm a god-" Laura says but Kim just shoved her to be quiet. Matt, Kim, Laura, and I playing Just Dance dancing to Poker Face.

"You all are getting me distracting." She mutter as all of us twirl around. "Fuck the gym this is my workout."

"This game is about to make me break a bone." Matt whispers. "Yes! I'm doing better than all y'all bitches." He teases flipping us off.

"It's because your all up in our space!" Laura says. Matt is just all up on us swinging his hands like he doesn't care about anything.

"Wait shut up guys." Now all of us are jumping, rocking our fist in the air.

"Ow!" Matt winces, I accidentally hit him.

"It's not my fault you were in the way." He glares at me looking back at the tv, doing the dance moves again. All of us swinging our hips around as the front door opens.

"Where were you four?" Kim asked all of our eyes still connected to the tv as we danced. Jake, Will, Scott and Caden appearing from the corner of my eye.

"Don't even get me started." Will groaned taking off his Nike hoodie as the three of us twirl around, ballerina type. "This idiot," he points to Caden. "Had us driving around like maniacs trying to find a plant shop."

"Oh crap." Laura stumbles forward. "What the fuck bro." She mutter to herself when her head hits the foor. "I'm out." She wipes the sweat off her forehead.

"Why we're you guys doing anyways?" Matt asked as we practically throw ourselves on the couch taking a break from the game. I finally turn towards them noticing the white roses in Caden's hands.

"Didn't you not hear me?" Will rolls his eyes. "Basically, Caden had us take him to a flower shop to buy roses for his beloved Heaven."

"You know you love spending time with me William." Caden joked, pushing his shoulder.

"Will is not being dramatic either Hevs." Jake comments sitting on the couch on the left side. "I don't even know why it took us three hours to find a flower shop?"

"I don't know but all I know is that my ass hurts from sitting for so long." Scott complained, leaning against the white walls.

"I don't know why but as soon as you said your ass hurting my ass started to hurt." Laura said still on the floor.

"What are you still doing down there?" Kim asked, chuckling lightly.

"Okay guys." Will claps his hands together. "Not to sound sentimental and shit but high school is ending and like what the fuck are we gonna do?"

"There's still college." I point out. "And everyone says college is fucking wild." I shrugged.

"Yeah but we're all going to be separated." Laura says softly.

"Scott and I got offered spots at California State University." Will said looking at all of us slowly like he's trying to capture a picture of all of us in his head.

"What?" All of said in surprise with a proud smile on all of our faces.

"That's such good news you two!" Kim exclaimed. "Wait, when did you guys find out?"

"Well, I've got an a acceptance letter a few days ago." Will said trying to hide his smile that wants to break out but instead he just looks at the floor.

"I found out this morning." Scott runs a hand through his hair in disbelief. "Mom called and she told me she got the letter in the mail."

"That's good news man." Caden pats there backs in congratulation. "We should do something tonight to celebrate."

"We should do a barbecue and go down by the lake later?" Matt suggested. All of us nodding in agreement going up to our rooms to get ready.

Rummaging through the closet trying to find a cute outfit but I don't feel like wearing any of my clothes. I knew I should've brought that one blue dress in the back of my closet.

I want to wear something vibey, if that makes any sense? Whatever but like I want something fresh because it a little warm outside.

A knock interrupts my thoughts, my gaze quickly connecting with Caden's. He looks so good? No. That would be an understatement. I hate using the word hot because I feel like it's objectivity him but don't at me on that one.

A smile resting on his lips showing off his deep dimples, his yellow, green eyes dancing with amusement in them as he leans against the door frame, lazily holding the white roses in his hand. Navy sweatshirt, white baggies jeans, with classic black vans.

"What has you all stressed?"

"Well I-" I throw my hands up, looking at the room as if it's going to answer my question. "I don't have anything to wear." He quirks his eyebrows up when he looks at the closet full of clothes. "Besides that."

"Do you want me to crochet a top for you?" He turns to face me. I look at him in disbelief that he just said that.

"You know how to crochet?" He smiles nodding walking over to me handing me the roses. "Thank you." I softly touch the stem.

"And Nana taught me how to crochet when I used to whine about how bored I was." He laughed. "What color do you want it? I have my kit in one of my drawers."

"Your crazy talented. Do you have blue string to match my pants?" I asked while looking through the bottom empty cabinet for a vase. Who would even have a vase in there-

Apparently Scott does, for whatever weird reason. I was just cashing in my luck if I found one.

"Yeah I'll go get them."

"Okay thank-"

"You have to say Caden your the most hottest guy ever first." He smirked lopsided. I step back setting the roses down on the nearest cabinet.

"Am not." I folded my arms together, looking at him like he's crazy. He gives me that challenging smile that I knew all to well.

"Okay than I guess I will get those words out of you." He steps forward towards me like a spy before attacking me, tickling me.

"Hey!" I burst out laughing, my eyes closed. "I-" I open my eyes to see Caden smiling down at me. "C-Caden!"

"C-Caden!" He mocks. "Say the words and I'll let you go."

"N-never." Tears of laughter starts to spill from my eyes. "Let me go idiot!" I try to slap his hands away but he just continues. "Your the hottest guy ever!"

"See was that so hard?" He backs away. "Anyways I'll be back." He leans down to my lips quickly, pecking it before leaving the room.

My phone ringing from the counter, I pick up the phone answering to dads phone call.

"Hey honey! How is your trip? I miss you, it's lonely without you here." He says. I smile at the sound of his voice.

"Hey dad. I've missed you too."

"Aww thank you Heaven." He coos. "What are you guys doing up there? Having any fun? I want to hear everything."

"Well we were playing just dance this morning but I think you would've nailed that game, you always do every time we play." We both laugh to that because we both know he's the best at the game.

"See! Now you can't tell me that I'm old, I still got those moves." He said with a confident tone. "I'm glad your having a good time, sweetheart."

"Thank you, dad."

"So Mr Lunez called me today." He announced.

"Yeah?" I raised my eyebrows in surprise. "Why did he call you?" I drum my fingers against the wooden drawers.

"He suggested that we have an memorial service for Romero, he did attend that school and that we should honor him."

"Oh." I rub my temples before answering. "I- I- think that would be respectful for him, I don't know. I mean, Romero did have friends dad. I didn't have the chance to talk to them yet but I..." I trail off not knowing what else to say.

"Romeros friends were clueless about his death. Sometimes the staff would notify me about there casual visits to the house and I didn't have the heart to tell them."

"I dont know dad." I sigh. "Its up to you," I rub my hand through my hair slowly sinking down on the bed comforter.

"That's why I called you Heaven. To see what would you want to do since you go to the school."

I really dont care, it's not like it wont stop people from spreading more rumors, they only want to hear what they want. They create fake therories to make them feel better about there life, I dont hold any power over what they can think, so why care? Romero and I had happy memories, why not let people who had great memories with him, also remember him?

"The idea isnt terrible, Romero had a lot of memories with people. We should honour him."

"Okay." he sighs. "I'll call Mr Lunez when school opens again." There was a silence down the line, a comforting one, the both of us thinking with out a doubt of Romero. "We are so strong." Dad whispered so softly that I barely heared it. "We really fucking did it." his voice cracked, my eyes watering at his vague words that I fully understand.

"I love you, so much dad." I sniffed.

"I love you more, sweatheart."

After talking a little more, we ended the call. Caden comes back with a ball of dark blue yarn and a crochet hook.

"Sorry, I took awhile, I had to dig through the cabniet to find it." He joins me on the bed, setting down the materials.

"Do you usually stay here?" I asked folding my arms across.

"Yeah, Matt, Scott, and William would all come here since middle school when we would get breaks off from school."

"I swear everyone even the teacher used to call you guys the core four." I laugh at the old memory.

"Haven't heard of that nickname in awhile." He quickly kisses my forehead. "Now shh, I need to get working on your shirt."

I roll my eyes, trying to hide the small smile on my face as I watch him, crochet my shirt.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.3K 847 67
Two childhood best friends made a deal two years ago to have a steamy and secret relationship without any commitment involved despite the fact of the...
1.1K 80 18
"The little spark left in her erupted into such a large flame, it boiled her blood and made the thought of this sand-colored haired person impossible...
2.1K 303 29
Spencer isn't the average seventeen year old girl. She is intelligent, sassy, stubborn, independent and beautiful ( she doesn't see it, for she is lo...
17.5K 629 61
*DON'T READ THIS ONE FIRST!! It won't make much sense! ~Sequel to Who She Is~ Mature Content After making her mine and learning some of her dark secr...