STARTING LINE , teen wolf

By -natalics

₊˚ˑ༄ؘ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆 ❝ 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓... More

𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆
𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒊 , numinous
𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆
𝒐𝒏𝒆 , wolf moon
𝒕𝒘𝒐 , second chance at first line
𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 , pack mentality
four; magic bullet
five; the tell
six; heart monitor
seven; night school
eight; lunatic
nine; wolf's bane
ten; co-captain
eleven: formality
twelve; code-breaker
thirteen; omega
fourteen: shape-shifted
fifteen; ice pick
sixteen; abomination
seventeen; venomous
eighteen; frenemy
nineteen; restraint
twenty: raving
twenty-one: party guessed
twenty-two; fury
twenty-three; battlefield
twenty-four; masterplan
act ii. exile
twenty-five; tattoo
twenty-six; chaos rising
twenty-seven; fireflies
twenty-eight; unleashed
twenty-nine: frayed
thirty; motel california
thirty-one; currents
thirty-two; visionary
thirty-three; the girl who knew too much
thirty-four: the overlooked
thirty-five: alpha pact
thirty-six; lunar eclipse
thirty-seven; anchors
thirty-eight; more bad than good
forty: illuminated
forty-one: silverfinger
forty-two: riddled
forty-three: letharia vulpina
forty-four: echo house
forty-five: the fox and the wolf
forty-six: de-void
forty-seven: insatiable
forty-eight: the divine move
storytime: the person who stole my fic
act iii. monster among men
forty-nine: the dark moon
fifty: 117
fifty-one: muted
fifty-two: the benefactor
fifty-three: i.e.d.
fifty-four: orphaned
fifty-five: weaponized
fifty-six: time of death
fifty-seven; perished
fifty-eight; monstrous
fifty-nine: a promise to the dead
sixty: smoke and mirrors
kennedy hale : crack edition
act iv: bad moon rising
sixty-one: creatures of the night
sixty-two: parasomnia
sixty-three: dreamcatchers
sixty-four: condition terminal
sixty-five: a novel approach
sixty-six: required reading
sixty-seven: strange frequencies
sixty-eight: ouroboros
sixy-nine: lies of omission
seventy: status asthmaticus
seventy-one: the last chimera
seventy-two: damnatio memoriae
seventy-three: codominance
seventy-four: the sword and the spirit
seventy-five: amplification
seventy-six: lie ability
seventy-seven: a credible threat
seventy-eight: the maid of gévaudan
seventy-nine: the beast of beacon hills
eighty: apotheosis
act v: midnight rain
eighty-one: memory lost
OLD & NEW READERS ; PLEASE READ
eighty-two: superposition
eighty-three: sundowning
eighty-four: relics
please stop me from putting kennedy in shadow & bone
eighty-five: radio silence
eighty-six: ghosted
stroytime: another person stole my fic
Summoning TVD Stans
eighty-seven: heartless

thirty-nine: galvanize

10K 307 309
By -natalics

chapter thirty-nine
halloween in the dead of the night hear me scream
galvanize
━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

Kennedy wrote in her notebook at her desk, finishing up her last assignment. Her mind was finally at peace, now she was able to think about something other than werewolves. She looks at her phone, seeing she was getting a phone call from Stiles. She placed down her purple pen, picking up. "Hey, babe."

"Ew." Scott gags on another line.

"Ew, we're in a group call?"

Stiles walks through the halls of Beacon Hills High School. "Yes, now where are you both?"

"At home."

"At home."

The human boy stopped walking as he heard them speak at the same time. "Why?" He says, exasperated.

Scott frowned, "I'm going to bed?" He replied.

"And I'm doing homework," Kennedy explained, looking down at the papers in front of her. "Also, Scott, I did your english paper already."

"Awesome!"

Stiles paused, "Okay, shut up," He said, causing the two werewolves to quiet down. "Get your ass down here now. We have a job to do."

"Dude, I'm already in bed." Scott excused.  "And aren't we getting a little old for this?"

"We do this for Coach."

Scott chuckled, "I thought we did this to Coach."

Stiles rolled his eyes, "Whatever, okay? You know he needs this. He lives for this stuff. He loves it."

Kennedy rolls her eyes, climbing out of her chair as she puts on her shoes. "But it's the middle of the night, Stiles." She walked out of her room, not bothering to check for Peter as she walks right out the front door.

"12:15, which means it's after midnight and officially Mischief Night/Day, and, by perfectly awesome coincidence, it's also happens to be Coach's birthday." Stiles explains to the two teenagers. Kennedy listened to him ramble as she ran through the woods, taking a short cut through town to make it to the school. "So if you two are not down here in five seconds, I will destroy you. Okay?" Kennedy walked into the front door of the school, seeing Scott down the hall. She smiled as she and him walked towards the locker room.

"And I mean five, four, three, two-" Stiles jumps backwards as he sees a looming figure in the shadows. It's Scott, of course, with his glowing red eyes.

"One."

Stiles looks up in annoyance. "I hate you." He whispered. Kennedy jumps on top of the lockers Stiles leaned against, causing him to scream. "Both of you. I hate both of you."

Kennedy giggles, jumping down to land in between the two boys. "Oh, come on, it's Mischief Night! Have some fun,"

༺❀༻

༺❀༻

Kennedy approached Lydia, holding two cups of coffee. "Lydia, I love you," The Martin girl looks up slowly. "But that sweater is ugly."

Lydia looked down at her outfit, "And?" Lydia inquired, looking back up. "Those boots are atrocious."

The two girls stared at each other, and then bursted into giggles. "God I love us," Kennedy sighed, handing the redhead the coffee.

"Right?" Lydia took a sip, humming in thought. "Pumpkin spice?"

Kennedy smiled innocently. "Gotta get into the spirit, don't we?" She inquired. Lydia hummed in agreement. "I gotta go, see you soon," The two blew each other kisses, walking opposite directions. Scott and Stiles walked into the school. Kennedy gasped  "Can I have that?" She asks her classmate, Jared. Taking a roll of toilet paper, she chucks it at Stiles. The human boy gasps in surprise, smacking it away.

"All right, that's my face!" Stiles yelled, pausing when he sees Kennedy. "Oh, hey babe!" Kennedy rolls her eyes playfully, walking over at Stiles pats Scott's arm. "Hey, dude, good decision, buddy. Good Alpha decision."

"I hope so."

Kennedy rose a brow, "What Alpha Decision?" She asked, confused.

Scott looked over. "Ethan and Aiden wanted to be in our pack." Kennedy rose a brow, surprised. "I said no, obviously." The Hale girl sipped her coffee, just staring. "I would've asked you, but you weren't there,"

"Hey, I would've said the same thing." Kennedy followed, putting her free hand up. "They're responsible for hurting Isaac, killing Erica and Boyd. I don't want them in our pack either."

Stiles looked over from his locker, seeing Scott look into the distance absentmindedly. "What are you looking at?"

Scott looks over. "Me?"

"You." Kennedy turns her head to see Kira at her locker. "You looking at her?" Stiles asked.

"Her? Who her?"

Stiles gestures his head. "Her her. Kira. You like her?"

Scott shrugs. "No. I mean Yeah, yeah, she's okay." He stutters. Kennedy rose brow, watching Scott awkwardly shift his feet. "She's new." Points out Scott.

Stiles shrugs. "So, ask her out."

"Now?"

"Yes, now." Stiles argues.

Scott looks between the couple . "Right now?" Stiles shuts his locker, the trio now walking down the hall together.

"Right now." Stiles pats his friends back. "Scott, I don't think you get it yet. You're an Alpha. You're the apex predator. Everyone wants you. You're like the hot girl that every guy wants." Stiles paused, looking at his girlfriend. "Except Kenny, obviously she has poor taste in men." Kennedy frowned, slightly offended.

"The hot girl?" Scott repeats.

Stiles nods, "You are the hottest girl." Isaac Lahey walks over, standing next to Kennedy. Stiles gives Scott a thumbs up before walking away.

"What?"

Scott smiles in thought. "I'm the hot girl."

Isaac nods slowly, unsure what that meant. "Yes, you are." Scott chuckled, walking past the Lahey and the Hale. Isaac stared, before looking at Kennedy, "What was that about?"

"Scotty has a crush," Kennedy stated, walking down the hall. She glanced at Isaac, who was still living with Scott in her old room. "So, what's it like being in my old room?"

Isaac shook his head, "It still smells like you," He fake complained. He didn't mind though, Kennedy's scent was comforting for him. She was one of the first people, other than Erica and Boyd, who really understood him for him, and didn't judge him for anything, not even when he deserved the judgement.

"Well, at least it doesn't smell like Stiles, right?"
Kennedy asked with a smile, "Plus, maybe in no time it'll start smelling like you & you will never have to worry about it again." Isaac slowed his pace as he watched Kennedy walk away. He sighed, still feeling a piece of what he has always felt for her in his chest.

༺❀༻

"In all the years I've known you, I never thought you'd cancel your own Halloween party."

Kennedy rolled her eyes at Lydia. "It's not cancelling if I never say I'm having one." She retorts.

"It is if you have had one every year since we were 12 and suddenly you're not." Lydia remarks. Kennedy sits in her desk, which was behind Stiles. Lydia took the seat diagonally behind her. "Peter seriously won't let you throw a party in that massive apartment that is bigger than most peoples houses?"

Kennedy shrugged, "I guess not." She said. "But it's okay because he already said yes to me and Alli having our conjoined party at the apartment." The conversation stopped abruptly. Loud crashing catches the two off guard.

"SON OF A BITCH!"

The class all turn their heads to the other door in the class, stifling laughs. Kennedy smiled, looking at her desk.

Coach Finstock throws his pencil to the ground as he walks in. "Mischief Night, Devil's Night. I don't care what you call it. You little punks are evil." Stiles laughed, watching Coach look around. "You think it's funny every Halloween my house gets egged? A man's house is supposed to be his castle." Stiles rests his head on his hand. "Mine's a frickin' omelet." Coach picks up the box sitting on his desk. "Oh, this? We're gonna do this again? I don't think so." He throws the box to the ground, stomping on it. The sound of glass shattering causes everyone to look for at the box. Coach kneels down, picking up a broken mug with his face saying #1 Coach. He picks up the card. "Happy Birthday. Love, Greenberg." He reads. He looks up, pursing his lips.

Kennedy looks down at the mug on the ground, "Luckily we bought you a second one," She said, pointing to the box at the door. Coach looked at the small wrapped box. "I won't tell Greenberg."

༺❀༻

Kennedy stood at her locker, reapplying makeup. She stops, looking over to see Rafael McCall walking in. "Mr. McCall?" She looks past him to see practically the entire police department walking in, as well as multiple FBI agents. "Um, what's going on?"

"Have you seen anyone at the school acting strange? Perhaps a man you've never seen before?"

Kennedy shook her head, "Aside from your entire department, no," She said. Rafael began walking away. "What exactly is going on?"

Rafael walked down the halls, "We have suspicion that William Barrow might be here." He stated. Kennedy shrugged, not sure who that is. "He's a former electrical engineer who decided to walk onto a school bus with a shrapnel bomb. He left four students dead and a fifth with no legs." Kennedy followed him down the stairs.

"Oh, great, and now he's here?" Kennedy asks. "This day just keeps getting better and better."

The two of them walked down the steps, Kennedy making eye contact with Stiles as she followed after the FBI crew. "How do we get down to the basement? I need to know where every entrance is. I don't want anybody coming in or out of the school." Rafael ordered.

Kennedy looked up, "Why did Barrow kill all of those kids?" She asks.

"It's believed that he went into a psychosis, hallucinated a bunch of students with glowing eyes."

Kennedy slowed her pace, "Did you say glowing eyes?"

Rafael stopped, looking down at her. "Yes. Why, do you know something about that?" He inquired. The teenage girl looked down, shaking her head.

"No, it's just weird." She whispered. "I need to go,"

The teenage girl meets up with Stiles, Isaac, Allison, and Lydia as they walk down the stairs. "Barrow went after kids with glowing eyes? He said those exact words?" Isaac asks.

Stiles nods. "Yeah. And no one knows how he woke up from anesthesia. Just that when they opened him up, they found a tumor full of live flies," Kennedy scrunches her nose in disgust. "Which in any other circumstance would be all kinds of awesome." Finishes Stiles.

Lydia looks up. "Did you say flies?"

Allison and Kennedy came to a stop to look back at the Martin. "Lydia?"

"All day I have been hearing this sound. It's like this buzzing."

Kennedy raises a brow, "Let me guess, it sounds like the sound of flies?" She asks. Lydia exhale sharply, her hands falling to her side.

"Exactly like the sound of flies."

Kennedy sighs, slouching her shoulders. "Great. There's a rabid serial killer that kills werewolves, and I just happen to be a werewolf!"

༺❀༻

Scott approaches the group of werewolves, Kennedy standing between Isaac and Ethan. "Lydia thinks that he's still here even though the cops searched the whole school. But they didn't have one thing." Kennedy watched Scott pull out a hospital uniform. "Our sense of smell."

Kennedy sighs, "I'll stay with Stiles and Lydia in case they find him before you four do." She says, looking between them. "Be careful, and don't show him your...eyes," Kennedy scrunched her nose, rolling her eyes before walking away.

Lydia and Stiles walk out of a classroom, watching Kennedy walk over. "Are you sure you're going to be able to fight in that?" Stiles asks, gesturing to the dress and boots.

"I fought Jennifer Blake in a dress and boots. I fought Isaac, Erica, Boyd, and Derek all in a dress." Kennedy explained, "I think I can handle a human psychopath." Lydia and Stiles look at each other, watching her walk away.

Lydia tilted her head slightly. "Stiles, remember the Winter Formal, and I said something along the lines of Okay, I see why you like her," Stiles slowly nodded. "I see why you like her." Lydia hums in thought. Stiles stutters in agreement, the two following Kennedy up the stairs.

The Hale girl swings open the door to an art room, looking around in curiosity. "I haven't been in here much," She says in thought, leaving the door open for the two humans to follow suit.

"Well, that's typically what happens when you refuse to take art classes after eighth grade." Lydia remarks.

"Oh, I'm taking them all next year!" Kennedy states, waving Lydia off.

Stiles looks at them, "Really? You two are going to argue about art class right now?" He asks with an annoyed tone.

"We're not arguing!" Lydia and Kennedy say at the same time.

Lydia looks at the pictures, watching Kennedy pick up a painting of a bunch of 3D shapes. "Scott and Isaac are in the basement, right?"

"Yeah, with Ethan and Aiden." Kennedy stated.

"The plan is they meet in the middle, in the boiler room."

Lydia looked at the wall of photography, seeing an old photo of an explosion. "All of the wolves," She trailed off, "All of the ones with glowing eyes are in the basement at the boiler room?"

Kennedy's eyes widen in realization, "Oh, my God! An engineer could use a boiler room to blow up the whole school." She said, shaking her head in disbelief. She felt stupid, not realizing it sooner.

"We have to get them out of there." Lydia says.

Stiles nods, "We have to get everyone out."

"How do we do that?"

Kennedy runs her hand through her hair. "I can get outside and do a wolf howl?" She offers. "Maybe they'll evacuate."

"Okay, they're not evacuating for a serial killer I don't think they'll evacuate for a wolf." Stiles remarks. He paused in thought, smiling. "Come on." Kennedy and Lydia share confused looks, following Stiles out of the classroom. They walk down the stairs, and Stiles grabs onto the fire alarm.

The sound blared in Kennedy's ears. "That's effective, I guess," She said, looking over at Lydia. The redhead shrugged in agreement. Kennedy frowned. "Do you think Barrow wanted me in the boiler room?"

Lydia looks over, "What do you mean?"

"Like the boys were all down there, but the only person with glowing eyes that wasn't there, was me." Kennedy says. Lydia purses her lips together. "What if the only reason he hadn't done it was because I was up here?"

Coach Finstock stands behind Stiles, glaring at him. Stiles jumped back, surprised. Kennedy raises her brows as Coach grabs Stiles by his ear, tugging him to the exit. Kennedy and Lydia followed close behind, "Pulling a fire alarm on Mischief Night is one thing. Doing it when there's a mass murderer spotted nearby is insane!" He shouts, "If I was four years younger, I'd punch you."

Stiles shakes his head, "What? Coach, that doesn't make sense."

"Oh, well, it does to me!" Coach snaps, pausing to look at Kennedy. "Why do you date idiots like him?" He asks her, walking away completely. Kennedy blinked, trying to understand everything that just happened.

Stiles puts his hand on the small of her back. "There they are." He says, pointing to Scott, Isaac, and the twins walking out of the school.

Aiden shakes his head as he looks at Lydia, "We didn't find anything."

"Not even a scent."

Stiles shrugs,It's 3:00, so school's over. If there was a bomb, wouldn't he have set it off by now?"

Ethan rose a brow, "Does that mean everybody's safe?" He asks.

"I don't know." Lydia said, causing Kennedy to look over. "I just, I don't know."

༺❀༻

Kennedy walked into Peter's apartment. "Dad, you home?" She called out. She slowly walked in, no sound of her dad. She turned around, opening her dad more for Stiles.

The Stilinski walked in. "Yeah, I still can't believe you live here." He remarks, Lydia following suit. Lydia had spent lots of nights here, despite Peter also being here.

"My old house was nice too!" Kennedy huffs.

"Yeah, but it wasn't millionaire nice," Stiles adds. Kennedy shrugs, as if saying fair enough. "Why did you two want to come here anyways?"

Lydia rose a brow, "Her dad has food sent here from France, why wouldn't we?" She asked. Stiles shook his head, not surprised by this anymore.

Kennedy hopped to the kitchen. "Canfit de canard, anyone?" She chirped, placing a dish on the kitchen island.

Stiles reached over, not asking a question as he took a bite. Kennedy and Lydia shared knowing looks as they looked at Stiles. "This is really good! What is it?" He asked, his mouth full.

"Duck."

The human boy slowly stopped chewing, spitting out the food onto the counter. "Why do you do this to me?" He asked.

"It's Mischief Night." She replied, "Now, come on, we're dropping Lydia off and then you and I are going to spoon and talk about serial killers." Kennedy said, pulling Lydia to the front door.

"Am I big spoon or little spoon?" Stiles called out. He heard fits of giggles from the two girls, "That didn't answer my question!"

༺❀༻

Kennedy wrote notes in her notebook, looking up at Stiles's wall every now and again. "What do the different colored strings mean?" She asked in curiosity.

Stiles shrugged, "Oh, just different stages of the investigation." He explains, "So green is solved, yellow is to be determined, blue's just pretty."

"And red is unsolved?" She inquired. Stiles looked at her, surprised. "I'm smart sometimes!"

The human boy walked over, pecking her lips. "You're always smart."

He walked back to the wall, "Did you get detention for pulling the alarm?" She asked him.

Stiles nods, "Yep. Every day this week. It's okay, though. We were onto something."

Kennedy's vision began to blur, and she blinked to try to get it to readjust. She stood up, rubbing her eyes. "Oh, god, now? Seriously?" Stiles looked back, seeing his girlfriend wincing in pain.

"Ken? Kenny, what's wrong?" He asked, urgently placing his hand on his girlfriends waist to stable her stance.

"It's, it's another," She trailed off, her eyes dropping before she collapsed. Stiles grunted, clumsily catching her.

It was buzzing.

The pitch was loud and annoying in Kennedy's ears. She looked around, unable to see anything at all. She walked down the hall of the large room she was in, trying to figure out where she was. She stepped into a larger room, something in front of her.

And then she felt it.

A surge of pain shoots through her body. Kennedy screams in pain, falling to the ground as her eyes change to their Alpha red. Bright lights are all around her as she looks up with wide eyes. A body fell to the floor, and she gasped as she looked at up. She howled in pain, closing her eyes tight. The pain became unbearable, and she reached out for a figure in front of her.

"Stiles!"

Kennedy shot up, laying in Stiles's lap on his bed. She looked around urgently. eyes wide in alarm. "Ken, Kenny, hey," Her eyes land on Stiles, who placed his hands on her face. "You're okay, alright? You're okay."

She looked around, sitting up slowly. Stiles stood up, moving to kneel in front of her on the floor. She looked at him. "I don't know what it was." She whispered, eyes filled with tears. "I-I don't know what it was." The boy didn't push her to speak, he just sat in front of her, watching her fiddle with red yarn as she tried to comprehend what she witnessed.

"You don't have to tell me."

But I do.

"Barrow was there. I heard the buzzing." She began. Stiles looked up. "I don't know what we were doing, but all of this sudden there was bright lights, and a lot of pain," Kennedy's face contorted into an expression of despair as she thought about what happened. "And I think you were there. I think you were hurt."

Stiles looked at her hands, grabbing the yarn wrapped around her fingers. Kennedy looked up, her eyes searching Stiles's. "It's okay." He whispered. "It was just a vision right? Meaning we can stop it before it happens?"

"Stiles, I usually don't know it's happening until I'm there," She remarks. Kennedy didn't know what to think. What could happen to Stiles? She couldn't bare it. Stiles looked at a sharpie, taking off the cap and smelling it. "Stiles, now is not the time to be smelling sharpies to get high."

"First of all, that's a myth," Stiles said, standing up, "Second of all, call Lydia, we're going to the school."

༺❀༻

Lydia sat in the back seat of the jeep, looking between the couple. "So, we're not going to talk about the painful and dangerous vision Kennedy had?" Lydia inquired.

Stiles tapped the steering wheel anxiously, "If we can figure out where Barrow is, the sooner we can stop him the sooner we can stop Kennedy's vision from coming true." He explained to the red head. Kennedy said nothing, cause she didn't know if she believed it. What if whatever they were doing was leading them right towards her vision of something happening to Stiles?

The school was obviously empty, and Kennedy couldn't help but remember the time they were all locked in together, hiding from Peter. So much had changed since then. "So what are we looking for?" Lydia asked out loud. Stiles opens the chemical closet, causing the two girls to look at each other, confused.

"That was supposed to be locked, wasn't it?" Kennedy inquired, stepping inside. Like a slap to the face, a stench of different chemical substances causes her to scrunch her nose.

"Yeah. Notice anything else?" Stiles asked the two girls.

Lydia shrugs, "It smells like chemicals."

Kennedy crosses her arms, "We wouldn't have been able to catch his scent if he was in here." She stated. "There's too many smells going on to detect just the one." Stiles nods, knowing his girlfriend was right. His phones flashlight looked around the room, looking at the broken glass on the floor, as well as blood.

"He was here, performing very minor surgery on himself." Stiles said lowly, looking up at Lydia. "You were right."

"Then why don't I feel good about this?" Lydia asked. Kennedy swallowed the nervous lump in her throat.

Stiles shrugged, "Probably because he was here to kill somebody." He said honestly. Kennedy sighed in annoyance, walking back into the classroom.

She looked around, "Okay, great, but who?" She tossed her arms at her sides.

"That's what we gotta figure out." Stiles followed, walking over to his girlfriend. "We could spread out, start looking for," He approached a table, "Anything."

Kennedy sighed, walking over to another table as she began to shuffle through another table. She felt Lydia walk right by her, causing her to look up. The red headed girl approached the chalk board, and Kennedy frowned, seeing the labels of different elements on the board.

"Lydia, what are those?" Stiles asks.

"Atomic numbers."

Stiles and Kennedy shared a confused look, walking over to their friend. "Is it a formula?" Stiles asked.

"No." Kennedy answered, shaking her head. "Not really, anyway."

"19's potassium. 53's iodine. 88's radium." Lydia explained, "The first two make potassium iodide," Lydia picked up the chalk, drawing the letter K next to potassium.

Stiles frowned, "Potassium is K?"

Lydia shrugs, "From kalium, the scientific neo-Latin name." She then rights an I next to Iodine.

"What's radium?" Stiles then asked, side eyeing Kennedy.

Lydia wrote the following letters on the board. "R-A."

Kennedy looked at the board, hearing Lydia drop the chalk. Her heart seemed to stop for a second as she tried to comprehend what she was looking at. "Kira." She whispered. A nauseous feeling settled in end stomach, and she rushed to the trash can next to the desk. Stiles rushed to his girlfriend, pushing her hand behind her hair.

"Kennedy? Are you okay?"

"Oh, god, she's not pregnant, is she?" Lydia asked with a worried look.

Kennedy sat up, glaring at Lydia. "No, dumbass." She huffed, before turning back to the trash.

Stiles rubbed her back soothingly. "She's sick because someone's about to get hurt." He says. Lydia purses her lips, knowing they were right. "And probably the fact that she thought this would be over with by now." He adds. The werewolf sits back, sighing as she leaned onto her boyfriends shoulder. His hands rubbed her arms soothingly as he tried his best to comfort her.

"We have to go find her before Barrow does," Kennedy whispered, looking between Stiles and Lydia. She jumped to her feet, rushing towards the door.

Lydia stumbled after her friend, "Can you at least brush your teeth first?" She asked honestly. "Cause your breath smelling like vomit doesn't sound pleasing."

༺❀༻

Kennedy jumped out of Stiles's Jeep, not bothering to wait as she ran to the unconscious Scott. "Oh my god, Scott!" She yelled, running to his aid. Lydia and Stiles rushed over as Kennedy put the McCall's head in her lap. "Come on, you stupid idiot, wake up,"

"Kick him in the balls!" Stiles offered. Kennedy and Lydia looked at him in confusion. "It worked on Derek, remember?" Kennedy rolled her eyes, her eyes flashing red as she yelled at Scott.

"WAKE. UP."

Scott's eyes opened suddenly, the boy groggily looking between the three teens. "Scott? Scott!"

Scott sat up, breathing heavily as he pushed off of Kennedy. He looked around, remembering what had happened just before he went unconscious. "Barrow, he took Kira!"

"We know. He was after her the whole time." Stiles explained. Scott and Kennedy stood up, the two of them looking at each other. "Kennedy, all Isaac, ask him if he and Allison found anything." Kennedy nods, walking away from the trio as she dials the Lahey.

It took two rings before he picked up. "Why, isn't it the Princess of Beacon Hills?"

Kennedy rolls her eyes, "Isaac," She scolded. "Aren't you supposed to be making out with Allison?"

"Didnt get that far, her dad walked in."

"Yikes." Kennedy whispered, stifling a laugh. "That's why you do it somewhere private, Lahey."

Isaac chuckled, leaning onto the bed post. "Got any suggestions, Kennedy?" He asked cockily. They had this banter every now and again. It didn't mean much, not to Kennedy anyways.

Kennedy scoffed, "Look, Kira's been kidnapped," She said, "Barrow took her. Did you guys find anything?"

Isaac looked down at the piles of paper, "No, nothing. Just stuff about flies and the dead. Nothing else." He told her. "Sorry,"

"It's fine Isaac. Thank you." Kennedy hung up the phone, turning to the others. "They don't have anything either."

"We have to think of something. He's going to kill her." Scott stated, the cut still on his forehead.

Lydia looked up from her hands, "I knew he was there. How did I know that?" She asked them.

Kennedy shrugs, "Because you heard the flies, right?"

Scott speaks up, "What do you hear now?" He questioned.

Everyone looked at Lydia, who slowly shook her head. "Nothing." She whispered. The Martin turned her body to Kennedy. "I feel like I can do this. But I don't know what to do." Kennedy nods, putting a comforting hand on Lydia's arm. "It's like it's on the tip of my tongue, and I don't know how to trigger it." She runs her hands over her face, walking past them. "I just, I swear to God, it literally makes me want to scream."

Kennedy stared at her friend, remembering what Jennifer said. What Lydia is. A Banshee. The Wailing Woman. The boys watched as Kennedy walked towards her friend, "Lydia," The red head turned around, seeing the mischievous smile on her friends face. "Scream."

Lydia spun back towards the road, letting out a high pitched scream. Stiles covered his ears with his hands at the volume. Scott stumbled back, not expecting it. Kennedy didn't move. She smiled in disbelief as her friends loud scream seemed to fill the streams of Beacon Hills. The four teens fell silent as Lydia looked around. Her eyes drifted to the side, a sound filling her ears. It was then, Lydia looked up, staring st the street light right above them.

"It's not flies." Lydia turned to the trio, all of them stumbling back. "It's electricity."

Stiles spoke up first. "Wait a second, Barrow was an electrical engineer. He worked at a power substation."

Scott looks at Stiles, "What substation?"

Kennedy smiled, hugging Lydia tightly. The Martin hugged back, "Oh my god. I knew you could do it." Kennedy whispered. Lydia patted the girls back, the best friends back in action.

༺❀༻

The Blue Jeep pulled into the parking lot of the Substation. Kennedy climbed out, looking over at Lydia as Stiles piled out. "Stay here, okay? Just until the cops come."

"What? Why me?"

Stiles looked up, holding his metal bat. "I only got one bat."

Kennedy smiled at Lydia, shutting the Jeep door before running after Scott. Kennedy, for obvious reasons, was way faster than Stiles. She quickly ran inside, seeing Scott looking around the station. She exhaled sharply, realizing this was, like most of their adventures, the beginning of a horror film. Or maybe, the end of one.

Hopefully she was one of those final girl type characters.

The sound of something caught her and Scott's attention, the two of them running around a corner Kira sat on the ground, chained up to one of the fences in the large room. Scott ran ahead. "Scott! No!" Kennedy watched as Barrow used an electrical cord to slap Scott's chest, sending him back inoro a fence and some boxes. Kennedy looked at Barrow, growling quietly.

"God, why are the killers always the ugliest characters?" She asked out loud. Barrow let out a shout, tossing the cord at the girls hand. She grabbed it, raising a brow. "Seriously? Do better than that."

Unexpectedly, Barrow kicked out his leg, causing Kennedy to stumble back. The cord struck her abdomen, and she flew backwards. She slid on the ground. She groaned in pain, remembering this feeling from somewhere. Her eyes widened in realization. Stiles. Her body shook from the pain, and she tried to pull her self up. She needed to get Stiles out of there. She needed to save him. Kennedy grunted as she pushed herself forwards s Suddenly, a bright light causes Kennedy to cover her eyes, she looked forwards, unable to see her boyfriend.

"Stiles!"

She looked behind her, watching Barrow's body fall to the ground. Her eyes looked past the corpse, seeing the bright lights all gather to a source. Kira. Kennedy watched in disbelief as, it seemed Kira absorbed all the electricity. Kennedy became dizzy, seeing Kira take a glance at her.

And then Kennedy passed out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

239 14 8
𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒏 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒔𝒚𝒍𝒖𝒎 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒎𝒆 ↝ After spending most of her childhood l...
8.8K 188 20
"Every girl deserves a boy that can make her forget her heart was ever broken." [Teen Wolf] [Season 1 - 6] [Stiles Stilinski x OC] STARTED: OCTOBER 2...
490K 7.5K 98
Scott, Stiles, Liam, Isaac, Derek, and more! Book is complete
23.8K 1K 44
lottie bailey never expected to fall in love with her best friend, then again, she never thought her other best friend would turn into a werewolf and...